Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,851 members, 7,820,963 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (210879 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by CodeBrain: 9:43pm On May 30, 2012
Thanks ebugirl
pls can you inbox me fb name on jakobi4real@yahoo.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Jasmine007: 9:47pm On May 30, 2012
@ebugirl... am doing greatly well dear, see me see cdhc wahala oo lol , not gotten medical call yet and its exactly a month now, i had a good offer to even travel with my firm to 3 different west african countries but i had to decline for personal reasons as na only me sabi say i dont have my international passport to myself as we speak (laughs) hope u got my humor ...well am hopeful still because i applied with the right documents and all original so i've handed the rest to God.... Dont worry your documents already passed fit for TRV and it'll come into manifestation in 5-7 working days ..Claim it
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 10:08pm On May 30, 2012
Jasmine007: @ebugirl... am doing greatly well dear, see me see cdhc wahala oo lol , not gotten medical call yet and its exactly a month now, i had a good offer to even travel with my firm to 3 different west african countries but i had to decline for personal reasons as na only me sabi say i dont have my international passport to myself as we speak (laughs) hope u got my humor ...well am hopeful still because i applied with the right documents and all original so i've handed the rest to God.... Dont worry your documents already passed fit for TRV and it'll come into manifestation in 5-7 working days ..Claim it

Amen!!!! Jasmine jst relax, Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ av handed ur documents to "him" dat settles it.... Its a similar story with me. The bank I served with, ȋ̊§ making plans to retain some of the corpers that served with them. They require us to write an appitude test on Friday(June 1st), we were instructed to come along with our ORIGINAL credentials. ♍Ɣ own de with CDHC..... Prayer without ceasing naim I de
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bullstriker: 10:21pm On May 30, 2012
@codebrain
just exercise some patience,even though i know how you feel.i was once in same situation and still is.from my personal experience,some of the following could be attributed to this:submiting notarised copies,when schools and banks takes time to respond etc.Hopefully,they will respond soonest.If they want to deny you with flimsy excuse,they would have done so long ago.
@Newacca
i know u are counting the months;within a short period of time,you will join the TRV hopefuls.Kudos Bro,u hv been doing great job here.Yours is definitely assured.
@obamacare,
That's nice point,but definitely yr friend must hv proof of legal residence in US,for him to be qualify to apply through their country.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Bankwo7(f): 10:32pm On May 30, 2012
@ codebrain,am on d same train with u o,I submitted my appls & It got to CDHC via VAC since 01-03-12,still no meds instruction yet.Na wa o.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Jasmine007: 10:36pm On May 30, 2012
@ebugirl ...thanks darl..

@codebrain.... some good good point that from bullstriker so please just relax but don't over relax oooo lol,,, if you've been going through this thread wella and you read @bashtee's story from day one till the day he got his TRV then you'll know the waiting is more than a killer instict but in the end he sang a glorious song so am believing the same for you and i plus the rest ....

@all.... Goodnight world haha....
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by CodeBrain: 10:37pm On May 30, 2012
Thanks jaree @ bullstriker.
No wahala o. i'm on a lookup mood man.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by CodeBrain: 10:38pm On May 30, 2012
Thanks ebugirl, that's inspiring.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 10:41pm On May 30, 2012
@ebugirl
When are you resuming
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 10:49pm On May 30, 2012
bashtee: @ebugirl
When are you resuming

September 1st,2012
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 11:58pm On May 30, 2012
@ebugirl
are you coming to Toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ifegy: 12:11am On May 31, 2012
Obamacare:
You are right to some extent but the truth is he can apply for a visiting visa and decide to change his status to study visa without leaving canada. What you do is apply from the nearest embassy to you which is in the US. This you can do simply by courier while your visa will be returned same way. A friend did that some time ago and it worked perfectly.

What your friend may have done is renew his study permit, which you can certainly do from inside Canada via mail. However, in order to be granted a study permit in the first place, you would need to apply from a place where you have legal residence, such as your country of citizenship. A visitor visa does not confer legal residence.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 12:21am On May 31, 2012
bashtee: @ebugirl
are you coming to Toronto

No, ‎​Ã♍ coming to nova Scotia
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 12:55am On May 31, 2012
ok nice one,get set for the cold as u come
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by blurap(m): 2:47am On May 31, 2012
a.ayoola:
@timbolo2

And also @ everbodythatcanhelp. Pls I graduated from babcock university 2010 and I want to pursue my 2nd degree in canada although I av gotten an admission letter for spring jan, please I just want to know what is the tendency or possiblity rate or success rate of applying for study permit to study in canada for 2nd degree please any info would surely help and will b appreciated this my mail incase anybody wanna contact me one on one ademade4life@yahoo.com

A temporary residence visa (TRV) is the visa that allows to travel to Canada once or several times (single entry or multiple entry) during the validity of the visa while a Study permit allows you to study in Canada, and it's a document that will be given to you at the point of entry to Canada (airport).

Citizens of certain countries do not require a TRV to travel to canada, as a Nigerian you need it.

Or in a more simpler way-
TRV is the visa that allows you to travel and stay in a country (Canada) for the time it's valid for (if you want to study or not)

Study permit = a document that allows you to school in Canada ( this will be issued by the immigration officer when you get to canada)

I hope dis is useful
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by blurap(m): 2:51am On May 31, 2012
@ everbodythatcanhelp. Pls I graduated from babcock university 2010 and I want to pursue my 2nd degree in canada although I av gotten an admission letter for spring jan, please I just want to know what is the tendency or possiblity rate or success rate of applying for study permit to study in canada for 2nd degree please any info would surely help and will b appreciated this my mail incase anybody wanna contact me one on one ademade4life@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by blurap(m): 2:53am On May 31, 2012
@ everbodythatcanhelp. Pls I graduated from babcock university 2010 and I want to pursue my 2nd degree in canada although I av gotten an admission letter for spring jan, please I just want to know what is the tendency or possiblity rate or success rate of applying for study permit to study in canada for 2nd degree please any info would surely help and will b appreciated this my mail incase anybody wanna contact me one on one *demade4life@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by blurap(m): 2:56am On May 31, 2012
@ everbodythatcanhelp. Pls I graduated from babcock university 2010 and I want to pursue my 2nd degree in canada although I av gotten an admission letter for spring jan, please I just want to know what is the tendency or possiblity rate or success rate of applying for study permit to study in canada for 2nd degree please any info would surely help and will b appreciated this my mail incase anybody wanna contact me one on one ademade4life@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 6:48am On May 31, 2012
CodeBrain: Can one pls tell me wat exactly is d issue wit CDHC ? snc on d 2nd of feb can u belif my applicatn is still written "Your application reference number NGA............is being processed at Embassy on 03/02/2012". wil it take them eternity 2 kip my doc wit them ?.
Idon't knw if anybody in d house can actually tell me wat's wrong actually. i don call VAC tire, na same response o. Ur application is just not ready.
contact CDHC not VAC
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 9:30am On May 31, 2012
CodeBrain: well @ olaremy2k,
That i dont knw sha, i used my uncle as my sponsor. thou different surname.

Hey Codebrain, what were the documents you used to backup the uncle's sponsorship?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 9:50am On May 31, 2012
olaremy2k: ..i can see my mate now..i use my uncle with different surname too..my mother's brother...add me on olaremy2k@yahoo.co.uk and lets chat

@Olaremy2k,

Did you include any document that binds your uncle and your mum? Or just the major ones statement,affidavit etc??
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 11:06am On May 31, 2012
@code brain, the sponsor u used is d cause.........his happened to me too last year from august to january.........this year before i used my mum now as my sponsor, jst summited my applicatn again dis month, @pascal u jst forgot ur guy in d stuggle, hope u re good?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2012
Prince christian: @code brain, the sponsor u used is d cause.........his happened to me too last year from august to january.........this year before i used my mum now as my sponsor, jst summited my applicatn again dis month, @pascal u jst forgot ur guy in d stuggle, hope u re good?

@ christian,

You can't really say until CDHC gets back to him. Hopefully, he gets a different outcome than your previous!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by earthgreeners(m): 12:03pm On May 31, 2012
@Paschal, please kindly check ur email..i sent u a message
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 12:10pm On May 31, 2012
symbian03:

@Olaremy2k,

Did you include any document that binds your uncle and your mum? Or just the major ones statement,affidavit etc??
..my sponsor is my uncle (mother side).so i included birth certificate of my mum that bears same surname with my uncle
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 12:12pm On May 31, 2012
Prince christian: @code brain, the sponsor u used is d cause.........his happened to me too last year from august to january.........this year before i used my mum now as my sponsor, jst summited my applicatn again dis month, @pascal u jst forgot ur guy in d stuggle, hope u re good?
...why were u refused
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 31, 2012
symbian03:

@ christian,

You can't really say until CDHC gets back to him. Hopefully, he gets a different outcome than your previous!

U r definitely on point. I applied for TRV since March too for Sept admission,but have not been called for medical.Am not bothered yet cos i plan to go by Jan.
I cant really say why they have not gotten back to me. I am a self sponsor. I applied on March and i was promoted by April , so if they write my office, my grade has changed and salary has also increased by 700k PA.
I also suspect my school cos those people in exams and record/registry are not supposed to be working there ( i will fire all of them if i get the chance to do so). It takes more than a month to process ordinary transcript. I also heard they have introduced a compulsory and alumni fee(we have paid it before but new Vc came and introduced another one).
I also cannot say if d delay is cos of the verification of the landed docs included in the application. The docs are the receipts for the purchase, power of attorney and survey plan (not registered)

Whatever is the cause of the delay, i know i can reverse it with midnight prayers. When am ready for them, ill just control them via prayers.

I also noticed the people having these issues are mostly people dt applied feb end and march. It seems the assigned VO went on vacation and will be back soon.

Dont lose faith.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 31, 2012
@merylicious.....i dont think u can really sponsor urself cos there the income will not be coming since u will not be around...but one thing i kw is God can still do it if u believe,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 2:03pm On May 31, 2012
Prince christian: @merylicious.....i dont think u can really sponsor urself cos there the income will not be coming since u will not be around...but one thing i kw is God can still do it if u believe,
Hi Prince, you can sponsor urself. I did
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 31, 2012
@olaremyak.....i waz refused january because of these reasons (1) no enough evidence between u and ur sponsor (2) no evedence funds will be made available for ur studies in canada (3) u cannot transport ur self to and fro from canada(4)u cannot maintain ur self without working in canada..........nw am using my mum plus building plans, landed documents, transport vehicle papers for transportation etc and @sym, u re right, lets wait for the outcome. my prayer is for him to get it
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 3:19pm On May 31, 2012
Prince christian: @olaremyak.....i waz refused january because of these reasons (1) no enough evidence between u and ur sponsor (2) no evedence funds will be made available for ur studies in canada (3) u cannot transport ur self to and fro from canada(4)u cannot maintain ur self without working in canada..........nw am using my mum plus building plans, landed documents, transport vehicle papers for transportation etc and @sym, u re right, lets wait for the outcome. my prayer is for him to get it
....sorry for asking too much,can u plz list d docs u submitted when u were refused
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 3:19pm On May 31, 2012
For the benefit of all, especially those at various stages of application, I have posted a screen capture of the online tracking portal showing the various status at each stage of the visa application. I hope this would help calm some nerves, quench some curiosity and inform altogether.

Pix 1: You'll see this once you concluded that application submission process. The process includes document pre-scrutiny, fees payment and application submission

Pix 2: You need to take chill pill to see this. Only God, CHDC and VFS knows what determines the waiting period, but generally, it takes between 3weeks and 4months. Also, I believe most people are handed their medical invite here.

Pix 3: You'll get to see this once you return your passport to VFS after your medicals

Pix 4: Once you see this, start heading towards 16, billings way. Most people don't get to see this because it lasts only a few hours before the next update.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (101)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.