Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,204 members, 7,860,328 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1049394 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by supermario1: 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
lamosy: @Supermario1

I hope your lawyer has given Cairo Embassy the address they requested for? Because when Embassy wanted to contact femi_nam they couldn't because femi_nam already changed his phone number, so the Embassy had to use his office address to find out his new phone number which was given to them and they rang femi_nam to submit his passport. So find out from your lawyer if he has sent the address to the Embassy as requested. Because if your wife did not hear from the Embassy before mid MAY that means the case will proceed to court hearing I'm afraid, we have to pray hard...ok. Do not fret, be positive, inshallah things will be fine. Extend my greetings to madam. Take care. Cheers.

thanks lamosy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mofolorunshoabi: 12:04am On Apr 26, 2013
Kindly advice us. My elder sister was initially granted a 6 months visa to the UK. She travelled twice but upon renewal she submitted a fake document erronously and it was detected. Consequently she was banned for 10years. The ban is almost 5years now but our question is does she have to wait for that 10yrs before she can re apply? Also can she reapply now and beg for liniency(if there is anything like that). Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2013
pls good people of nairaland I need a quick response to dis b4 I make wrong decision, I applied for france business and visiting visa this year and I was refused twice,am now planning to apply to UK but d question now is that is it advisable to use that same passport that has 2france refusal stamp or I should declaire it lost and get another passport to use for the UK.

Secondly I used agent for the france visa and he possibly use a forge documents but I wasn't denied visa based on d forge documents dey said purpose of the visit is not reliable and he's not satisfy dat I will return to my country after d said visit and now am applying to UK myself with my original documents now,hope it won't affect my Uk application and hope the refusal stamp won't b a stain on my passport to get UK visa. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:51am On Apr 26, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: Kindly advice us. My elder sister was initially granted a 6 months visa to the UK. She travelled twice but upon renewal she submitted a fake document erronously and it was detected. Consequently she was banned for 10years. The ban is almost 5years now but our question is does she have to wait for that 10yrs before she can re apply? Also can she reapply now and beg for liniency(if there is anything like that). Thanks

Sadly the answer is yes, she has to wait until the ban is finished before applying again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 9:58am On Apr 26, 2013
@justwise why re u not replying my post, I need a candid advice from u dats y I left d first forum to dis place so dat I can get a quick advice.pls justwise need ur advice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 10:03am On Apr 26, 2013
Alhaji Abbey: @justwise why re u not replying my post, I need a candid advice from u dats y I left d first forum to dis place so dat I can get a quick advice.pls justwise need ur advice

@justwise thanks, got u on d other forum
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 10:41am On Apr 26, 2013
@mofolorunshoabi

These are your question, "does she have to wait for that 10yrs before she can re apply? Also can she reapply now and beg for leniency(if there is anything like that)"

Well, yes and no. Yes she can wait for 10 years to lapse then reapply, because when she was refused on the ground of fake documents she didn't challenge the refusal by appealing or use a reputable lawyer to rectify the clause, so since she hasn't used any of this means to rectify the accusation levied on her by the ECO that means she actually accepted she submitted fake documents along with her application 5 years ago.

No she may decide not to wait for the 10 years to lapse if she can has a concrete evidence to challenge the ECO who spotted the fake documents. So you already knew you submitted fake documents and there's no need lie about it now because its too late I'm afraid.

Yes she can write letter of leniency but that does not mean she can reapply before the 10 years ban because the laws and the Rules stand its ground, its irreversible I'm afraid. So after the 10 years has lapsed and you want to reapply please use a lawyer to help you write a strong leniency letter and submit it along with your application. I am very sorry for the sad predicament. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
@supermario1
@mirabeelz

Here is the timeline of someone who applied in another country in 2011--2012:

Applied for Spouse Visa                               :      5th Sep, 2011
Refusal Received                                   :      4th Oct, 2011
Appeal Lodged                                      . :      21st Oct, 2011
Hearing Date                                          :      2nd Mar, 2012
Appeal Allowed                                      . :      23rd Mar, 2012
Call Letter Received                              . :      2nd April, 2012
Passport Submitted                                . :      3rd Apr, 2012
Visa Granted                                          :      3rd Apr, 2012

In Nigeria BHC does not send call letter to the appellant, all they do is to ring the appellant to submit passport for visa. Supermario1 maybe BHC in Cairo requested for your wife's home address in order to send her a call letter....who knows? Does BHC Cairo ring the appellant or send a call letter when asked to submit their passport? Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mirabeelz: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
@Lamosy
My heart leaped with joy when I saw your message,I thought It was you timeline and I shouted amen n started to read only to know it was someones,I trust Jesus to be able to make the above story our own,God bless you dear for making me jump with joy...the time is now in Jesus name,,Amen..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 9:17am On Apr 28, 2013
@mirabeelz

Oh mirabeelz lovely to hear you say you thought it was my timeline, thanks for the prayer too. Psalm 102:13 says "Arise and have compassion on me O Lord, it is time to show me your favour, Yes, the appointed time is now". Our appointed time is now in Jesus name....Amen. Use Psalm 102:13 your prayer point and see the glory of God in your papers. The Embassy will ring you soon because if you read the story of femi_nam its same as yours, so the Embassy will ring you soon in Jesus name....Amen. Take care. Lovely day. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Matadaz(m): 11:06am On Apr 28, 2013
Morning Justwise and lamosy

Just want to say WELDONE to U two.I am a silent follower of ur post for sometime now.
@ lamosy,I am in a similar situation like U,got refused settlement Visa last year August.employed the service of a lawyer to handle my appeal,I never knew He is not up to date,He didn't know about the 19wks rules,he didn't know about the supporting document to support my appeal and the worst He summited my appeal late(out of time) and It took the Grace of God Almighty for my appeal to be reconsidered to still go ahead.
I am looking at 1st week of June for my 19 weeks to lapse.I dey wish pple in similar situation God Favour and to U Lamosy,Thanx alot for all ur write up.U always lift my spirit whenever I read Ur post.
Tak Kia
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
Matadaz: Morning Justwise and lamosy

Just want to say WELDONE to U two.I am a silent follower of ur post for sometime now.
@ lamosy,I am in a similar situation like U,got refused settlement Visa last year August.employed the service of a lawyer to handle my appeal,I never knew He is not up to date,He didn't know about the 19wks rules,he didn't know about the supporting document to support my appeal and the worst He summited my appeal late(out of time) and It took the Grace of God Almighty for my appeal to be reconsidered to still go ahead.
I am looking at 1st week of June for my 19 weeks to lapse.I dey wish pple in similar situation God Favour and to U Lamosy,Thanx alot for all ur write up.U always lift my spirit whenever I read Ur post.
Tak Kia

Wishing you the very best, you will have the last laugh.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
It will help if people waiting for their appeals put their case in the format below.

Here is the timeline of appeal...e.g. 2011--2012:

Applied for Spouse Visa                               :      11th Sep, 2011
Refusal Received                                   :      14th Oct, 2011
Appeal Lodged                                      . :      23st Oct, 2011
Hearing Date                                          :      1nd Mar, 2012
Appeal Allowed                                      . :      24rd Mar, 2012
Call Letter Received                              . :      2nd April, 2012
Passport Submitted                                . :      4th Apr, 2012
Visa Granted                                          :      3rd Apr, 2012

Then each time you come here you update it ....until you get your visa. It will help us to keep track of people's progress
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
@Matadaz:

God bless you for your kind word. Regarding your case, delay is not denial. When I newly joined this forum I was not aware of 19 weeks because I hadn't received my acknowledgement letter then, a lovely lady on this same forum enlightened me before my letter arrived, this gave me the impetus to read far and wide about immigration rules and different cases about settlement visa and family visit visa. The service of the lawyer you employed is very poor, his skills is a shambolic one. Well, praise God for his mercies for making possible for them to reconsider your appeal. I don't know why you're refused, but God in his infinite mercy will shine his light on your case for the ECM to overturn their initial by force by fire of the Holy Ghost....Amen. Do not loose hope, pray fervently and see the light of God shining on your papers in Jesus name...Amen. Take care. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mirabeelz: 5:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
@Lamosy
Amen n Amen,God bless you for blessing me with that Rhema in Psalms.It's the now word of God for the now situation,really powerful and very inspirational.I receive the wisdom of God from your mouth in Jesus name,Amen.Your timeline with visa granted is hitting this forum NOW!!!!.And I share in your Joy..I believe in the reality of our God..stay bless and let us be the first to hear the good news..LOL
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Matadaz(m): 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
@ Justwise
@ lamosy

thanx alot for the kind words.
the reason for my refusal are subsisting relationship and my sponsor income not sufficient.I wished I had just adhered to all what I read here b4 I summited my application instead of listening to the lawyer that said I should remove some document.
I've addressed the two issued,we married with Kids(subsisting relationship?)and Sponsor is self Employed and application was b4 the new law of 9th july(Sponsor income not Sufficient?).just waiting for the 19wks now.

Tak kia
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
@mirabeelz

Amen uncountable times. It gives me great joy when I read from you. Bless your lovely heart. We will all see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living...in Jesus name ...Amen. Lovely day, take care. Cheerio.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 1:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
@matadaz

May the spirit of the Lord strengthen you always in Jesus name....Amen. Do not fret in any circumstance...ok, according to the bible Exodus 14:13 the people of Israel was afraid of the Egyptians, Moses said to them, Don't be afraid, Stand your ground, and see what the Lord will do to save you today, the Egyptians you see today you shall see them no more, the Lord will fight for you and there's no need for you to do anything.

Matadaz, your case will be judge on the old law in which you have applied before the new law of 9th of July 2012. So long as you have addressed the ECO's points properly, leave it in the hands of God, the Lord will fight for you and judge in your favour and even do it quickly for you in Jesus name...Amen. You will cross that red sea of the ECO's refusal not by your might, not by your military power, but by his Spirit says the Lord. Psalm 30:5 says the favour of God is for a lifetime. Ask God for a Celestial, perpetual, heavenly, divine,and supernatural favour regarding your life and your appeal case. May God grant you favour in the sight of the ECM and ECO handling your case right now in Jesus mighty name...amen. Be positive always...ok. May I ask a question please, you said you married your sponsor with kids, are the kids yours or your sponsor's? Thank God you're wise to have appealed your case because the new law is harsh on parents with kids, new law says if your sponsor has two kids he must be earning £24,000 pa. This kind of law is like trying to make life difficult for parents with kids. Well, let's hope for the best. Sorry to ask, are you male or female? I'm asking in case I'm praying for you. Take care. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ justwise pls can you send mi your mobile or email add so will talk. I need advice urgently ASAP. My mail add: aliesto@yahoo.com.I will so grateful hearing from you soon
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jenni1108: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
Not sure if this is the right section but I will ask.
Hi I know, it’s probably early days but I was wondering what the average processing times were for settlement visa (thru marriage).
And if possible any of the common reasons for refusal, I have been assured that we don’t have a problem but with all this anti immigration rhetoric going on at the moment I just hope they don’t just start denying all visa applications to make up numbers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
Gudday, I want to go for my weedn shopping in UK. My weeding comes up in july, am looking to travel in may. The trip will be sponsored by my uncle I also hv 600k in my account.I js started working a month.pls advice on what to do not to be rejected a visa.pls ds is really urgent.....reply ASAP.tnks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hello room,am new here,pls I need you urgent advice..my weedn comes up in july and am looking to do my shoping in UK sponsored by my uncle, I also hv 600k in my acct.I just started work last month so I don't have a good statement of acct.pls advice on what to do not to be refused a visa.want to stay in an hotel for the period of stay.I need responds ASAP. God bless you for your greet works
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
@jenni1108

Settlement visa Average processing time is 90 working days. Some takes 41 working days, some 6o working days. It depend on individual cases. Do not forget to produce evidence of communication along with your application and evidence that the marriage is subsisting. Make sure you meet all the new rules requirement before you apply. Good luck. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
@aliesto

This case of yours is not very serious to demand someone's email address or phone number. If you've gone thru the old thread you won't be asking this question because the answer is in the old thread. We are here to help one another no one is perfect, we give advice to our best ability. Well, as for your case, your uncle sponsoring you does he reside in the UK or Nigeria or whatever country you're from? The law says you must provide 6 month pay slips and 6 month statement of account. There's no bending the rules. You also would provide ties like landed property or something tangible to guarantee your return back to your country. Your uncle sponsoring you will play his part and you have your part to play too. Your salary must reflect in your statement of account as proof, if there irregularity of your pay entering your account that will cast a doubt. If you're going to stay in an hotel in UK the Embassy will need the hotel reservation letter, receipt and any other document given to you because they will surely confirm from the hotel and if the hotel say they are not aware of such reservation your position in securing a visa will be in jeopardy. You have to tell them different places you would like to visit and do your shopping so in that manner you can convince them of your shopping. Embassy will fault you in your payslips and statement of account, tiers is very important to show you will return back to you country. They will need to see a wedding invitation, employment and so on, they will definitely ring your place of work. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Blower46: 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
Please note that there is a new procedure for submitting settlement visa apications from 1st May.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/84-nigeria-settlement

It means that the documents now need to be sent to the UK rather than submitting at drop off centre.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Blower46

OMG this isn't fair on applicants. Tories have dealt applicants another blow.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Matadaz(m): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
@lamosy,Mirabeelz,Supermario1 and the rest of pple with similar situation, God Favour insha Allah.

@lamosy
Reading Ur post always make Me happy and continue havin trust in Him Alminghty.
To Ur question Ma,Yes I got married while I was studying in the UK few years back.Relocated back to 9ja with my Wifey and Two lovely Kids to start a little Haulage and Car Biz two years ago.My daugther refused to settle down well healthwise,so they av to waka back to the uk.I thought I can cope without them,But I am really missin them.
Hope I've answered Una question Ma,thanx alot for all ur prayers for everyone,I wish i sabi pray well like dat too cheesy

@jenni1108
kindly try listen to Justwise,Lamosy and other guys hia plus try read from the part1 to part2.I swear with God favour,it is Success.

Tak Kia
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
@mirabeelz and everyone on this forum please read.
@justwise

New procedure for settlement applications in Nigeria

05 April 2013

If you wish to apply for a settlement visa you should attend the visa application centre (VAC) at a pre-arranged time to give your Biometric data. You must take with you:

your visa application form and any annexes;

your current passport;

a colour photo; and

the relevant fee

You or your representative/sponsor should then send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometric information to:

International Operations and Visas
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S3 8WA

This should include:

The VFS reference provided at the time of application (eg VFS-NG-04-123456-X).

One printed copy of the application form & photo.

All additional documents in support of the application, which should include any documents originating in the United Kingdom, such as evidence of maintenance and accommodation. If you want us to return your supporting documents to you, you or your sponsor should photocopy them and send us the photocopy as well as the original document. We will not return documents if they have not been photocopied.

A stamped self-addressed envelope or prepaid return self addressed courier envelope to return any original UK documents .

Once a decision has been made, the passport will be sent to the VAC where the application was lodged and all other original documents will be returned to the addressee on the self-addressed envelope.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Matadaz(m): 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
Na Waoo,

Can't understand why dis Tory govt is using Nigeria to experiment things sad

We go survive am
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mirabeelz: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Matadaz,thank you for the good Will,,all the best.

@Lamosy,
Na dis be realOMG!!Why all this Mary go round procedure,what do they hope to achieve from this horrid idea.I simply just can't comprehend the whole procedure,it sound real absurd and obnoxious.It doesn't make sense atleast to me and I seriously doubt they considered the applicant when conceiving this new procedure.They sound real confused to me and I just pray their heads gets cleared up real soon..God is the final answer,whatever they do God is always ahead of them..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwray: 2:01am On Apr 30, 2013
Let me just clarify for those of you who do not know yet. Settlement Visas are not dealt with in Nigeria. They are processed in Sheffield UK. Usually after application in Nigeria, the application bundle gets sent off to Sheffield UK where a decision is made. The new change is just another way of pushing cost to applicants and yet the Home Office are not willing to reduce the visa application fees.

Just for you to confirm what I am saying (i.e for settlement visa applicants ONLY), have a look at any correspondence from the Home Office e.g., those of you waiting for appeal decision - have a look at the "Notice of Refusal". The reference there will say "SHEFO/nnn".

@Lamosy - I admire your faith. Wish I had seen this thread earlier I would have asked you to write AIT and copy the sheffield Office since. It is not too late now though. Just complain about your dissatisfaction with their service. Again to correct you on the 19 week wait for ECM review, it starts from the date on your appeal acknowledgement letter. Now this does not mean it cannot be decided earlier because I have seen lots of settlement cases decided (overturned by ECM) within 3 months of appeal. I strongly advise you write AIT as son as you can to lodge a formal complaint (by fax) and copy the sheffield office (the visa post dealing with your application). I am almost certain a decision has since been made on your case. write real quick my dear. I hope you get the good news you deserve.

There is also on-going inquiries with regards to the new settlement visa rules especially the financial requirements (£18,600). It also deals with other issues like the tick box approach used by ECOs and the need for adequate training. see the following sites:

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/news/2012/parliamentary-inquiry-new-family-migration-rules-call-evidence

http://www.appgmigration.org.uk/sites/default/files/APPG_Migration_inquiry_outline-Nov-2012.pdf

hopefully, this will result in some favorable changes for family members soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 6:33am On Apr 30, 2013
@mirabeelz
@matadaz

I feel sorry for new applicant for the stress they have to go through in obtaining a UK settlement visa. What a world? The Tories are always very strict in Government. The rules are nightmares. I'm short of words. God is our help, and we shall not be afraid of the rules of Man rather we should be afraid of the rules made by God. I know we shall all be called to pick up our visa and all these hullabaloo will be history in our lives. I love you all. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.