Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041408 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:19am On Oct 04, 2016
MG2801:

I'm hoping to rent pre application. A one bed flat should be alright,isn't it? Does self document include the applicant's passport? Is there anything else that should be submitted as part of the self document?
Thanks

One bed flat is sufficient. Self documents, like application form, passport, TB cert, Language certification etc etc etc
NB : Batba1 beat me to a more detailed list. You see MG2801, this queue for intoxication and protein feast, seems to be increasing...........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 10:21am On Oct 04, 2016
Hi Portsmouth,

Also remember the 28 rule for the final financial documents, I.E. last payslip/bank statement/employment letter to be dated within 28 days of application date.

Kindly explain this last bit as hubby is to provide one year payslip and we r adding september payslips and it is not up to 28 days as we r submitting out documents by next week.

And for our calculations. Hubby we are combining 3 jobs. We are using 7 months of the 1st job which was a monthly pay, 2nd job wich was weekly for 3 months and the 3rd which is month for 3months.

Do we need any further calculations as we just added up everything and it was above £18600.

Please assist
Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi Portsmouth,

Also remember the 28 rule for the final financial documents, I.E. last payslip/bank statement/employment letter to be dated within 28 days of application date.

Kindly explain this last bit as hubby is to provide one year payslip and we r adding september payslips and it is not up to 28 days as we r submitting out documents by next week.

And for our calculations. Hubby we are combining 3 jobs. We are using 7 months of the 1st job which was a monthly pay, 2nd job wich was weekly for 3 months and the 3rd which is month for 3months.

Do we need any further calculations as we just added up everything and it was above £18600.

Please assist

Hubby pack a whole 3 jobs for hin head? But I heard unemployment is rife?
When wife come, hubby must rest o................. LOL
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi Portsmouth,

Please assist
If the job of 7montha does not meet the financial requirement on its own then the jobs that make it up have to be at least 6months old. I could be wrong so please make proper enquiries before you proceed. A job offer of less than 6 months is considered when the previous job before that met the financial requirement and the present job meets it as well.
Please who has used TLS courier delivery service to get their passports back. I paid for courier at TLS Abuja and they have not contacted me for the dispatch. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hi, thanks for you Feedback, but his current job is the 3rd one and hr has spent only 3months.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

If the job of 7montha does not meet the financial requirement on its own then the jobs that make it up have to be at least 6months old. I could be wrong so please make proper enquiries before you proceed. A job offer of less than 6 months is considered when the previous job before that met the financial requirement and the present job meets it as well.
Please who has used TLS courier delivery service to get their passports back. I paid for courier at TLS Abuja and they have not contacted me for the dispatch. Thanks

I have used it one before in Lagos and I got my passport back. When the passport was ready, they sent an email and i think it was delivered by courier in ~3 days
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 5:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
good day all, please what organization is deemed suitable to carry out the house inspection?
secondly, on the sponsorship form it says to provide utility bill, mortgage deed of sponsor, etc etc.for proof that he resides in the address given. My husband's bill is all inclusive so there is no utility bill in his name, what other documents apart from those stated on the sponsorship form can be used to support the form.?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
deept:

I have used it one before in Lagos and I got my passport back. When the passport was ready, they sent an email and i think it was delivered by courier in ~3 days
Thanks a lot. This information helps.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 6:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi, thanks for you Feedback, but his current job is the 3rd one and hr has spent only 3months.

Do the previous jobs meet the financial requirement. Does this 3rd job meet the financial requirement on its own.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
LOL..yes He must rest abeg..lol..

Yes current and 1st job role meets financial requirement. 2nd job was like a 3 months contract job leading to his current job role.

Biko,I still need to understand the 28 days rule.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hi Guys

Just an update its been 118days since my husband and I have been waiting a decision on his settlement visa. I have been calling ukvi nearly every week since July and today when I called they said a decision was made on 28th September 16 so my husband is just waiting for a call or email or something.
I am so anxious, after waiting like 6 months I hope its good news. Would keep you guys posted.
P.S. wish I paid for priority the lawyers said it would only take 3 months... angry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:49am On Oct 05, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hi Guys

Just an update its been 118days since my husband and I have been waiting a decision on his settlement visa. I have been calling ukvi nearly every week since July and today when I called they said a decision was made on 28th September 16 so my husband is just waiting for a call or email or something.
I am so anxious, after waiting like 6 months I hope its good news. Would keep you guys posted.
P.S. wish I paid for priority the lawyers said it would only take 3 months... angry

It's funny how the decision you have been awaiting for so long is now made. And expectation(s) turns to anxiety........
I have always said, Patience is a virtue.............
We shall be waiting to rejoice with you.
NB: Your bill is only a shopping trip to Bluewater.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:10am On Oct 05, 2016
Mrsbebe:
LOL..yes He must rest abeg..lol..

Yes current and 1st job role meets financial requirement. 2nd job was like a 3 months contract job leading to his current job role.

Biko,I still need to understand the 28 days rule.

28 DAY RULE - :
The last wage slip must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.
For excandle, your submitted last wageslip is dated 28 of October, you then submit your spousal visa application on the 1st of December. Your application can/might be rejected for breaking the 28 DAY RULE.
But assuming you submit your application on the 15th of November, you are still within the window of the 28th DAY RULE.
I hope it's clear enough? What they are trying to protect or prove, is that the sponsor is still gainfully employed(it would take them nothing to call the HR department of the employer to confirm job status and validity (and I think they still randomly do).......................
So lets assume an application is submitted and the sponsor has left the employer he is claiming to be employed by, instant refusal on application (deception).
I hope with this few points of mine, I have convinced and not further confused you?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:29am On Oct 05, 2016
It really is funny...It's hard to be patient when reading on this thread people getting decisions in 60days..and ours has taken so long..anyway God is in control!
Mine is Bluewater shocked.....not a drink or Nandos lol smiley
Lexusgs430:

It's funny how the decision you have been awaiting for so long is now made. And expectation(s) turns to anxiety........
I have always said, Patience is a virtue.............
We shall be waiting to rejoice with you.
NB: Your bill is only a shopping trip to Bluewater.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:00am On Oct 05, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
It really is funny...It's hard to be patient when reading on this thread people getting decisions in 60days..and ours has taken so long..anyway God is in control!
Mine is Bluewater shocked.....not a drink or Nandos lol smiley

Timescale would pale into insignificance, when the settlement visa is issued and hubby delivered............
All this restaurants and alcoholic intoxication spree, one has got to look the part.
Of what use is all this expensive eating and drinking, if we attend in our Bend Down Boutique clothes? Boyz and Gals gotta upgrade our wardrobe...............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 8:26am On Oct 05, 2016
One house to all!
My sponsor sent me all the supporting documents thinking that they will accept them here. Only to hear that my sponsor have to send it herself. But I got no option than to send them to sheffield.

I have sent my supporting documents to sheffield. The payslip sent to me by my sponsor is January to August 2016. Meanwhile the date of my biometrics was September 28, 2016.
Please my people, did I break the 28 day rule?
I have also told my sponsor to send a self-addressed envelope to sheffield for returning the original documents back to her in the UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 11:51am On Oct 05, 2016
deept:

Please which courier company did TLS use? Was it DHL?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

Please which courier company did TLS use? Was it DHL?

it was december last year, wasn't dhl, redstar express if i can remember
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:

One bed flat is sufficient. Self documents, like application form, passport, TB cert, Language certification etc etc etc
NB : Batba1 beat me to a more detailed list. You see MG2801, this queue for intoxication and protein feast, seems to be increasing...........

Thanks you so muchsmiley My hubby has his degree taught in English so I'll assume he doesn't have to do the ielets test? Is there anything else he needs to submit apart from his degree certificate? I read on the website about some equivalence statement from UK Naric but I'm confused as to which to statement to apply for, the statement of equivalence or English assessment?

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2016
MG2801

If your husband is using the option of degree for the english assessment, He needs his certificate, a letter from his university stating that the degree was taught in english, his academic transcripts as well.
If you check my previous comment, I did similar, but I have not been issued my degree certificate so i used my statement of result. NARIC assessment was equivalent to level C1, but in mine, as i did not provide degree certificate, they recommended in the additional information section, that I should provide my degree certificate to potential employer or university. So with this NARIC letter, I requested from my university, a letter to confirm my name, my degree and date the degree was awarded, as stated on https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english.
I will include all these document in my application. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2016
Good Morning All, and i hope we've all been having a pleasant week. Please I need a response to this question. Now, the financial requirement for a sponsor without kids is 18,600 right?
My question is the job my husband has, is hourly paid, and his total hrs for the month when calculated for six months does not meet up to the 18,600 on its own. But then, he took up extra hrs just to add up to 18,600 and more. Now my question is, Is there any rule or will it cause any doubt to the ECO that overtime hrs will be a problem to meet up with the requirement of 18,600?
I hope i made the question clear enough sha. undecided
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 10:31am On Oct 06, 2016
oladuuni4real

Page 28-29 answers your question:

5.5.7. Overtime, commission-based pay and bonuses (which can include tips and gratuities paid via a tronc scheme registered with HMRC)
will be counted as income from employment where they have been received in the 6 or 12 months prior to the date of application as applicable. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of income from overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with
different amounts (if any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be calculated based on the approach to income from non
-salaried employment. This will be an annualised 6-month average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the gross annual salary."

For more information on financial requirements, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/525708/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 10:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Thank you so much benz101, his mind can be at rest now. thank you all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hey guys

What is the average wait to get called for your documents once a decision has been made?

I found out the decision was made on 28th September and my husband hasn't been called to collect his docs yet. I really want to know what the decision is after waiting 120 days
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
Benz101:
MG2801

If your husband is using the option of degree for the english assessment, He needs his certificate, a letter from his university stating that the degree was taught in english, his academic transcripts as well.
If you check my previous comment, I did similar, but I have not been issued my degree certificate so i used my statement of result. NARIC assessment was equivalent to level C1, but in mine, as i did not provide degree certificate, they recommended in the additional information section, that I should provide my degree certificate to potential employer or university. So with this NARIC letter, I requested from my university, a letter to confirm my name, my degree and date the degree was awarded, as stated on https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english.
I will include all these document in my application. I hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for your response. So he'll need to request for his degree certificate, confirmatory statement and a transcript. I know from previous experiences that Educational institutions do not always hand over transcripts to the students but can send directly to the institutions requiring them. Was this the same in your case or different?
Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hi,
I did my wife spouse visa last year and I lived in 1 double room which include all bills which was still written on my tenacy agreement. Is ok to rent a room which include bills. Get a letter from the landlord to say you can live with him when u come to UK and get property inpection. I paid £150 last year. I will hv to check his phone where all the documents are kept if u live in london. Your hubby bank statement should hv his address, payslips too, driving licence or provisional one.
So I think you are ok but get property inspection to check and they will give him some documents to say when u come, is safe and good to live in and your name will be add to that property inspection documents.

oladunni4real:
good day all, please what organization is deemed suitable to carry out the house inspection?
secondly, on the sponsorship form it says to provide utility bill, mortgage deed of sponsor, etc etc.for proof that he resides in the address given. My husband's bill is all inclusive so there is no utility bill in his name, what other documents apart from those stated on the sponsorship form can be used to support the form.?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
MG2801:

Hi, thanks for your response. So he'll need to request for his degree certificate, confirmatory statement and a transcript. I know from previous experiences that Educational institutions do not always hand over transcripts to the students but can send directly to the institutions requiring them. Was this the same in your case or different?
Thank you

I used the English taught degree to prove my knowledge of English last year. I didn't get transcript, I submitted my certificate and a letter from my school stating my degree was taught in English and all course work and research were all in English as well. I guess I read the extract below from the gov.uk site and decided to go with the second option.

If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

-an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English

-an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)‎‎

But I guess you should do what makes you comfortable. All the best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by benny60: 12:07am On Oct 07, 2016
Hello guys. Please I need your advice. My Hubby is about applying for a Spouse visa.. He is a citizen by birth He meets the financial Requirements and he is also my sponsor/dependent. Now the question is do I Still need to fill the Financial requirement form ? And submit my own bank statements. I'm not working at the moment. Just finished my NYSC. Hoping for a quick response. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 12:11am On Oct 07, 2016
newbie715:

I used the English taught degree to prove my knowledge of English last year. I didn't get transcript, I submitted my certificate and a letter from my school stating my degree was taught in English and all course work and research were all in English as well. I guess I read the extract below from the gov.uk site and decided to go with the second option.

If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

-an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English

-an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)‎‎

But I guess you should do what makes you comfortable. All the best

Thanks a geat deal. This information is very useful. I think I'll go with the second option as well since it was accepted as sufficient evidence for English language proficiency. Again, it will be extra expense going down the NARIC route.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2016
MG2801:

Thanks a geat deal. This information is very useful. I think I'll go with the second option as well since it was accepted as sufficient evidence for English language proficiency. Again, it will be extra expense going down the NARIC route.

You are welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.