Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035738 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 7:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Let's assume the Family visa is granted, you cannot still take up any legal form of employment.
Why not just do the right thing and take the right process since you already have a sisi?
Yea that I know of. So u reckon I shouldn't waste my money now to apply for a family visit. But i read that when submiting your application for spousal visa, u need to show evidence of visitation between the parties involve.

I wasn't planning to use the family visit visa to marry oo, I was just inquiring if my not having an employment at the moment will hinder my application for a family visit visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
Lexusgs:

Not currently been in employment, would almost definitely be a negative.
Visitation between parties in your case is an extra advantage (not all applicants have that privilege).
The only advantage the visiting visa would give u (if granted) is you get to see your sisi in December and you empty some congealed engine oil. LOL........
The disadvantages funds wastage, time delay on spousal visa application etc etc etc
I hope with this few points, I have convinced and not confused you.......
Hehehehehe on d engine oil part.
Thanks bro.
You've 50% convince and 50% confuse me oooo tbh
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
Divine88:

Hehehehehe on d engine oil part.
Thanks bro.
You've 50% convince and 50% confuse me oooo tbh

The convincing is good, which is the confusing?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 4:06am On Oct 11, 2016
deept:

Congratulations in order?
Yes dear, we got the visa and I arrived UK yesterday.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 4:15am On Oct 11, 2016
I started researching the visa application process two years ago and thank God we got it on first attempt. Here is our timeline-
Online application submitted -23rd August
Biometric appointment - 31st August
Supporting Documents received to Sheffield - 7th September
Decision made email -29th September
Documents sent back to sponsor -1st October
Email from TLS to collect passport -4th October
Passport sent back to me via courier 6th October
Arrival to UK- 10th October. I would like to thank everyone on the group for taking time to answer questions and help others. God bless.

6 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 7:32am On Oct 11, 2016
Hi Guys

Has anyone had to wait nearly 2 weeks to get a decision made email? I called the HO, they said a decision was made on 28/09/16. They said that it could still take some time for the passport and documentation to get back. My husband is beginning to think it they have lost his passport.
This whole process is so long! I would advise anyone planning to do this settlement visa to pay priority. I wish I did because it is not worth the wait.
The biometric was done 20th April 16.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 7:33am On Oct 11, 2016
Congrats... smiley
AdaNewbie1290:
I started researching the visa application process two years ago and thank God we got it on first attempt. Here is our timeline-
Arrival to UK- 10th October. I would like to thank everyone on the group for taking time to answer questions and help others. God bless.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2016
Good morning my good people ...........I hope u all doing great today?

@caribbeanwify28 you will be contacted very soon.... If by Thursday no news, Try visiting Tlscontact centre where u did your biometrics on Friday morning it should be there.............good luck

Please would anyone be kind enough to help a brother with the contact numbers for TLS centre abuja.... I've gone on their website but no phone number to call..... Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Oct 11, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

Congratulations...................
Well BUT, you did not drop anything for us o.
No ciroc, no Nandos voucher, no palmwine, infact no nothing.
Diaris God O
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:39am On Oct 11, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hi Guys

Has anyone had to wait nearly 2 weeks to get a decision made email? I called the HO, they said a decision was made on 28/09/16. They said that it could still take some time for the passport and documentation to get back. My husband is beginning to think it they have lost his passport.
This whole process is so long! I would advise anyone planning to do this settlement visa to pay priority. I wish I did because it is not worth the wait.

Patience is a virtue........................
Assuming the passport is lost, the visa cannot be lost...
I understand your expectations. Has your husband strolled to check if his passport is waiting for him at collection?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

CONGRATS!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
Patience is a virtue is easier said..
My husband left here last December I have been to Nigeria 3 times this year (every three months).
The saying out of sight, out of mind is coming into play in our marriage now. It's not easy living apart. Temptation is everywhere especially on his part. The sooner he comes back the better cause separation in a marriage isn't good.

P.S he did strolled to check last friday and nothing was there.

Lexusgs430:

Patience is a virtue........................
Assuming the passport is lost, the visa cannot be lost...
I understand your expectations. Has your husband strolled to check if his passport is waiting for him at collection?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Patience is a virtue is easier said..
My husband left here last December I have been to Nigeria 3 times this year (every three months).
The saying out of sight, out of mind is coming into play in our marriage now. It's not easy living apart. Temptation is everywhere especially on his part. The sooner he comes back the better cause separation in a marriage isn't good.

P.S he did strolled to check last friday and nothing was there.

I fully understand. Temptations everywhere.......... I hope your husband receives his package soonest. Possibly another stroll on Friday, might be helpful.
Look on the positive side, he left to apply from Nigeria to finalize all and ensure he is properly rooted.
I know the end result would surely be justified.......
NB : Sounds like our 9ja Babes in Nigeria are no longer smiling and are ready to hook anything hookable........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
@ AdaNewbie1290 congrats e no easy..

I want to enquire if you used the priority service. if yes, have you been denied any visa before? I am hoping to use the priority service but my wife has been a denial customer to UK (4times) and US(3 times) visas. I read on TLS that one can use the priority service if one has not been denied any visa. any advise house?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
Benz101:

I want to enquire if you used the priority service. if yes, have you been denied any visa before? I am hoping to use the priority service but my wife has been a denial customer to UK (4times) and US(3 times) visas. I read on TLS that one can use the priority service if one has not been denied any visa. any advise house?

Nah real denial customer........... A whole 7 times denied, WOW.....
Oga, why u allow her go through all this multiple sectional denial syndrome?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
Benz101:

If you read this thread, possibly about 8/10 pages back, an applicant that had a visa denied, used priority spousal visa application and visa was granted.
NB: Don't know if her denial was serial............ But hunt OP down and ask questions...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
Benz101:

MoAbs is your person. I already did the hunting for you..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by realpoacher(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
Guys I want to know how long it will take for the visa to come out after submitting all documents at their office here in Abuja. My submission date is tomorrow.

Also I wanna know what next to do after the visa is granted.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
realpoacher:
Guys I want to know how long it will take for the visa to come out after submitting all documents at their office here in Abuja. My submission date is tomorrow.

Thanks

Priority application or normal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
MG2801:

Thank you so much for this detailed response, it was very helpfulsmiley I'm sorry it took me so long to reply.

I hope you don't mind if I ask you or anyone else (who can help) some further questions to clear my confusion.

Questions:
1.) I can see you've used 26 payslips to be provided as a weeekly earner covering a period of 6 months. I'd like to know why they're 26 instead of 24 (going by the calculation 6 months by 4 weeks)
26 payslips is for weekly pay as in a payslip is issued once a week (agency work is usually paid weekly), not 4 weekly , if one is paid every 4th week then you supply 7 payslips

2.) Is it alright to earn a variable income weekly so far as the financial requirement will be met at the end of 6 months? I'm on a zero hour contract so my hours aren't guaranteed.
The pay can be varied, so long as the 6 months(or however frequent the pay is, since you state weekly i assume you get a payslip once a week then you use 26 payslips that is your 6 months) payslips equate to £9300 or more.

3.) Is it alright not to have bills in your name like council tax, electricity? I currently live in halls of residence so my rent is all inclusive. I had lived with my parents previously so they had all the bills in their names.
I'm not sure if this is adequate housing for your spouse, are you allowed to accommodate in the halls? if you are then appropriate evidence is required, this needs to be stated in the letter from the landlord and to also state the inclusive of bills

4.) With regards to accommodation, is a one bedroom flat adequate for the both of us in light of the UK visa requirements? I'm planning to rent this around January for submission of my spouse visa sometime in March. I hope this wouldn't raise eyebrows?
This is fine, I live in a studio so I dont have a separate bedroom, I am rather confused tho, since you mentioned Halls in your previous question?
5.) I'm hoping to complete the online application on behalf of my husband. I'm just confused as to who would submit all the evidences required including the application form. Can I just send everything over to him for submission at his biometric appointment?
You can complete the form in the UK for your spouse no problem, I also did this, you have to submit all your evidence to Sheffield but not before you make the application and your spouse completes the biometrics, he has to submit the application at the biometrics appointment, your husband will take the following...

• passport
• Passport photo
• visa application printed from Visa4UK site.
• Filled out form of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
• Copy of all emails sent to my husband’s email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS IHS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments $1501 for the visa fee and $942 for IMM health Surcharge paid by my Very credit MasterCard.
• TB certificate
• IELTS or equivalent should you not require the test
Copies also added to the evidence submitted from the sponsor within UK to Sheffield

6.) What documents would you recommend to start compiling before the date of application?
I highly suggest you have everything ready to send onto Sheffield that you wish to use to support your application.

7.)Do I need to provide both bank statements and payslips to show evidence for my earnings?
Yes both and the bank statements need to show the wages being paid into it, and do not omit any pages

8.)Can someone please advise of the process of application including the list of evidences required of me, if it's not too much to ask for?

here is my list- successful application on 1st attempt

Hi All
I thought I would give my list of evidence I am about to post onto Sheffield, for my husband’s Spouse visa.

• Front cover sheet with my husbands full name and GWF number

• Brief letter about the file and sections.

Section 1: Application documents- (NOTE HUBBY IS SENDING HIS ORIGINALS FROM VI)
Table of contents
• Introduction letter combined both Hubby and I
• Copy of Husbands passport data page
• Copy of my Husband’s visa application printed from Visa4UK site.
• Copy of a Filled out form of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
• Copy of all emails sent to my husband’s email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS HIS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments $1501 for the visa fee and $942 for IMM health Surcharge paid by my Very credit MasterCard.
• Copy of TB certificate
• Copy of IELTS
Section 2: Maintenance (Financial):
table of contents page
• Employment letter, confirming gross salary, shift allowance, permanent, length of service and job title. Dated 26th October
• Job offer and contract of employment
• Letter confirming increase in availability
• Payslips 6 months
• P60s 2014 & 2015
• Bank statements for NatWest Platinum Current account-6 months
• Bank statements for NatWest Select Current account- 6 months
Section 3: Accommodation:
Table of contents
• Letter from landlady- confirming hubby can reside at the apartment which she owns, and stated the rent will remain the same.
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bills
• Electricity bills 3 months
• BT bills 6 months
• TV licence up to date licence printout from online
• Water bills x2 (fresh & waste)
• Photos and birds eye view floor planner
Section 4: Relationship Evidence:
Table of contents
• Marriage certificate (original and copy)
• Divorce Decree of Absolute.
• Original copy of my own birth certificate( could not find my one from birth so obtained an official copy from Portsmouth registry office)
• SU07/12 Sponsorship undertaking form (was unsure if to fill this out )
• 3x Flight confirmations, e tickets, boarding passes
• Azimo receipts of money sent only small like (£25 here or there)
• 3x scanned Nigeria visa pages of my passport, and my data pages.
• Hotel confirmation and receipts for shoprite, pharmacy and cinema.
• Mobile phone top ups sent to hubbys mobile since June 2014, once a month.
• Rebtel Call logs from 10th July 2014-12th November 2015
• WhatsApp chat history from July 2015- Nov 2015 ( new phone in July so backed up by Facebook chats)
• Facebook inbox messages from June 2014-August 2015
• photos form each time I have traveled to Nigeria (3 times) including some wedding photos

9.) Finally, can successful applicants and other knowledgeable individuals drop useful tips for a successful application and pitfalls to avoid.
Tell the truth, make sure you follow the guidelines, you should have no issues smiley

Thank you all so much in anticipation of your responses

I have answered your questions the best i can, as above in bold, i hope that helps

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
realpoacher:
Thanks

Visa processing times for Abuja

Number of days to process application and percentage of decisions made
10 days 7%
15 days 7%
30 days 18%
60 days 92%
90 days 100%

[url]https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/abuja-nigeria/settlement-visas/settlement
[/url]

And look here for what next after visa granted

of course the first thing is get to the UK, then ...
https://www.nairaland.com/3253552/applying-flr-after-initial-uk

look on this page, i added what happened next smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 5:46am On Oct 12, 2016
Benz101:

Yes I used priority and I have never been refused before. It's my first visa application ever. I also read under the rules of priority that you can't use it if you have been refused before.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 11:38am On Oct 12, 2016
Lexusgs:

A little bit of contradiction in that rule. MoAbs has had visa refused (UK & US), still used priority visa and UK spousal visa was granted...................

i think its all down to luck really...

advise to OP...if u have some extra cash to spare just try ur luck jare
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by realpoacher(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Visa processing times for Abuja

10 days 7%
15 days 7%
30 days 18%
60 days 92%
90 days 100%

[url]https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/abuja-nigeria/settlement-visas/settlement
[/url]

And look here for what next after visa granted

of course the first thing is get to the UK, then ...
https://www.nairaland.com/3253552/applying-flr-after-initial-uk

look on this page, i added what happened next smiley

Thanks Girl

But what does percentages mean?

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
good day all, please can some1 confirm to me, when sending the documents to Sheffield, how many stamps to attach or how the process is done for return of documents to the applicants sponsor?.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
realpoacher:

Thanks Girl

But what does percentages mean?

Hi, please read the response again, it states what the percentage is for smiley

10 days 7%
15 days 7%
30 days 18%
60 days 92%
90 days 100%

Regards
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 9:01am On Oct 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I have answered your questions the best i can, as above in bold, i hope that helps

Yes you have,thanks a million
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EZAKY: 9:32am On Oct 13, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hi Guys

Yes i think the two week wait after decision has been is normal, the only anxiety you are experiencing is you were told too early. I got the email of decision made on the 10th and passport ready for pick up 15th , on the visa the decision was actually made on the 6th. 6th to 15th is about two weeks. So any time from now you will get the ready for collection email. Just calmdown d wait is almost over. Dont worry the decision will be favourable by God's grace. The only issue is d visa is uaually one month so my advise is your hubby sld start packing bcs he may have less than two weeks to leave .

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.