Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041542 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2016
Please I need answer.
I attached only my taught Msc certificate from a UK university and my B.Eng certificate from a Nigerian university. Is that enough as a proof of my English language qualification for a spouse visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Purple1234: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hello everyone, can I please be advised on how to go about IHS payment since there is a limit on naira cards. I read on tls website that you have to get an approval to increase the limit from your bank, has anyone done this please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
Purple1234:
Hello everyone, can I please be advised on how to go about IHS payment since there is a limit on naira cards. I read on tls website that you have to get an approval to increase the limit from your bank, has anyone done this please?
Purple1234
You can either tell your sponsor to pay from the UK or you go to travel agents around the city. They will use their card to pay for you while you give them the equivalent in naira. Hope that helps.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
MG2801

Be advised that the second option is if your degree is from an English speaking country which Nigeria is not included. My candid advise is for you to get your transcript, letter confirming that your degree was taught in english, and degree certificate. If you can't meet this, then do the IELTS exam. I understand that Universities will say that they don't issue transcript by hand, my was issued by hand. My spouse used her company to receive hers. If possible and if you have it, spread some money around. N10K it enough to get it.

Using NARIC is a good option if you have all they need. it only cost approx. £57 inclusive postage.

My case was that degree certificate has not been issued. Statement of result was ussed in place of degree certificate. NARIC was still able to confirm its equivalent to level C1 which is what they confirm generally. the only difference is the additional information section recommending that I make it available should an employer or an institution requires it. I also got an Attestation letter from University which includes my spouse name, degree studied and date of completion, and also confirmed that degree cert. is going through inscription and signing and would be issued when its ready. With the NARIC letter, letter confirming degree was taught in english and Attestation letter from my spouse university, and spouse statement of result, the english requirement is met. These documents will be submitted as well with the application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2016
Benz101:
MG2801

Be advised that the second option is if your degree is from an English speaking country which Nigeria is not included. My candid advise is for you to get your transcript, letter confirming that your degree was taught in english, and degree certificate. If you can't meet this, then do the IELTS exam. I understand that Universities will say that they don't issue transcript by hand, my was issued by hand. My spouse used her company to receive hers. If possible and if you have it, spread some money around. N10K it enough to get it.

Using NARIC is a good option if you have all they need. it only cost approx. £57 inclusive postage.

My case was that degree certificate has not been issued. Statement of result was ussed in place of degree certificate. NARIC was still able to confirm its equivalent to level C1 which is what they confirm generally. the only difference is the additional information section recommending that I make it available should an employer or an institution requires it. I also got an Attestation letter from University which includes my spouse name, degree studied and date of completion, and also confirmed that degree cert. is going through inscription and signing and would be issued when its ready. With the NARIC letter, letter confirming degree was taught in english and Attestation letter from my spouse university, and spouse statement of result, the english requirement is met. These documents will be submitted as well with the application.

Thank you for your detailed response. I have had a look on the Uk visa webpage and it does support your opinion on this issue. Therefore, I'll ensure to submit both his degree certificate and the NARIC equivalence statement. I do agree with you that anything is possible in Nigeria with money and connection lol

My hubby will visit his University soon to obtain those documents. I'll keep you updated of the outcomesmiley
Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hey everyone, how much does the IHS cost for spouse visa application?
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:27am On Oct 08, 2016
MG2801:
Hey everyone, how much does the IHS cost for spouse visa application?
Thanks

From memory, I think it's $942.00
NB : Remember that when the initial visa granted expires, another IHS fee is payable on another visa renewal application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 3:39am On Oct 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

From memory, I think it's $942.00
NB : Remember that when the initial visa granted expires, another IHS fee is payable on another visa renewal application.

Great thanks! Can I ask if the system shows the amount payable for IHS during completion of the visa application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:38am On Oct 08, 2016
MG2801:

Great thanks! Can I ask if the system shows the amount payable for IHS during completion of the visa application?

Yes, it does.........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hi

Can anyone please tell me how long does it normally take for TLScontact to contact you with a collection date. I called the HO they said a decision was made on the 28th September 16.

Still no one has called or emailed my husband to come and the TLScontact website is still saying the application is awaiting a decision.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hey guys

What is the average wait to get called for your documents once a decision has been made?

I found out the decision was made on 28th September and my husband hasn't been called to collect his docs yet. I really want to know what the decision is after waiting 120 days
We got the decision made email on the 29th of September, hubby got his documents back on the 1st of October and i received my passport on the 6th of October via courier
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hi

Can anyone please tell me how long does it normally take for TLScontact to contact you with a collection date. I called the HO they said a decision was made on the 28th September 16.

Still no one has called or emailed my husband to come and the TLScontact website is still saying the application is awaiting a decision.

Don't worry its just 1 week ago u got ur decision made after a long wait.......
so give them 2 weeks then pop up to their office if no email from them yet...... ur parcel should be there by then hopefully.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
Thanks@wallg123 and @AdaNewbie1290. I called on Tuesday 4/10/16 and was told a decision was made. I thought he would have had an email by now. I'll wait a bit longer then as my husband to go to Lagos VI tlscontact.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hello,good people of Nairaland.How can I bypass the card restrictions on Nigerian cards.I am trying to apply for a visa for around 975pounds,but I was told there is a new limit of 300pounds on debit cards.
Are there other methods of payment,please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
Monspubis:
Hello,good people of Nairaland.How can I bypass the card restrictions on Nigerian cards.I am trying to apply for a visa for around 975pounds,but I was told there is a new limit of 300pounds on debit cards.

Get someone to do a currency swap and they make payment on your behalf
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

We got the decision made email on the 29th of September, hubby got his documents back on the 1st of October and i received my passport on the 6th of October via courier

Congratulations in order?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Get someone to do a currency swap and they make payment on your behalf
Unfortunately,i don't have anyone I can use.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
Monspubis:

Unfortunately,i don't have anyone I can use.

Time to start looking for someone
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Obas222: 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
wallg123:

Don't worry its just 1 week ago u got ur decision made after a long wait.......
so give them 2 weeks then pop up to their office if no email from them yet...... ur parcel should be there by then hopefully.......

@ wallg123 I need your help. I have emailed you but ur not replying
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 7:19am On Oct 10, 2016
Obas222:
@ wallg123 I need your help. I have emailed you but ur not replying

@Obas222 I saw your email and responded with my private mail .... so email me back on that.... u can check ur junk mail for my reply ....Thx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Obas222: 8:46am On Oct 10, 2016
wallg123:

@Obas222 I saw your email and responded with my private mail .... so email me back on that.... u can check ur junk mail for my reply ....Thx
done that bro
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LaaJiblik: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
Monspubis:

Do you have a UBA-issued card? MasterCard or Visa Card?
If its a VISA card, you will need to set up an iPIN using an ATM (just like your normal ATM PIN).
You will be able to use you UBA-issued card.
However, be aware that the conversion rate will be done at the prevailing BLACK MARKET price for that day.

I learnt you can use Firstbank too, but I personally used UBA last week to pay $918.00 IHS and $442 Visa Application fees.
Good Luck!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
LaaJiblik:

If its a VISA card, you will need to set up an iPIN using an ATM (just like your normal ATM PIN).
However, be aware that the conversion rate will be done at the prevailing BLACK MARKET price for that day.

I learnt you can use Firstbank too, but I personally used UBA last week to pay $918.00 IHS and $442 Visa Application fees.
Good Luck!

Please what is the current black market rate for naira to a dollar? Which visa class has the IHS fee of $918 and visa fee of $442? How much is the maximum for a UBA master card?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LaaJiblik: 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
anyichi16:

Please what is the current black market rate for naira to a dollar? Which visa class has the IHS fee of $918 and visa fee of $442? How much is the maximum for a UBA master card?

Q: Please what is the current black market rate for naira to a dollar?
A: As at this afternoon, USD 1 = NGN 473

Q: Which visa class has the IHS fee of $918 and visa fee of $442?
A: Tier 4 PBS (General) Student Visa ( Remember that IHS fees is calculated as GBP 200 x Number of years.) In my own case, Number of years = 4years.

Q: How much is the maximum for a UBA master card
A:The Default is up to the Equivalent of 1 Million Naira per day....This means that for example today (10-10-2016), you can pay 1,000,000 /473 = approx. USD 2,000

Meanwhile, you can visit a UBA bank to increase your daily spend limits.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
LaaJiblik:

Good Luck!

Thanks so much,you are a lifesaver.
Do you have any information about GTB or Access bank as regards the iPin?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
LaaJiblik:

Q: Please what is the current black market rate for naira to a dollar?
A: As at this afternoon, USD 1 = NGN 473

Q: Which visa class has the IHS fee of $918 and visa fee of $442?
A: Tier 4 PBS (General) Student Visa ( Remember that IHS fees is calculated as GBP 200 x Number of years.) In my own case, Number of years = 4years.

Q: How much is the maximum for a UBA master card
A:The Default is up to the Equivalent of 1 Million Naira per day....This means that for example today (10-10-2016), you can pay 1,000,000 /473 = approx. USD 2,000

Meanwhile, you can visit a UBA bank to increase your daily spend limits.

Thanks very much LaaJiblik.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LaaJiblik: 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
Monspubis:

Thanks so much,you are a lifesaver.
Do you have any information about GTB or Access bank as regards the iPin?

GTB:
I use a GTB MasterCard. an iPIN is not required for MasterCard. For MasterCard, the authentication is usually an OTP (one time Password) sent to your registered e-mail or registered phone number with the bank.

Access Bank:
Luckily enough, I have an AccessBank-issued VISA card. For a VISA card, you will need to go to an ATM, and click on to the "Change iPIN". Then you select an iPIN (WHICH MUST BE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR ATM PIN). Whenever you are making On-Line payments, you will be prompted to enter the iPIN.

Kindly note the following:

GTB: MAXIMUM you can utilize for online purchases is $500 per day

AcessBank:MAXIMUM you can utilize $300

UBA: MAXIMUM you can utilize is the equivalent of NGN 1,000,000 (approximately $2000) by default.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good day guys. God bless everyone who has been commenting and helping people on this forum.
I need good advice's from you guys. Here is my gist:
I just came back from the UK 5 months ago after the completion of my MSc. Been looking for jobs up to no avail at the moment.
I having been dating my girlfriend (British citizen) for 15months now and we are seriously planning to get married. We have been looking for options or wat step to take to get married.
Unfortunately my family and her family lives in the UK (family Friends). My family migrated to the UK a long time ago, I didn't cos I was classified as a adult (I was 18 then). I am a frequent UK family visit traveller. The first time I spend so long with my family was when I came to do my Masters.
I really want to go back and be with my family and and the same time be with my love.
Do you reckon we should bring the whole family to Nigeria, get married and apply for a spouse visal or apply for a marriage visitor visa?

NB: My girl friend works(surpass the financial requirements) and co-owned her house with her sister (they both share the mortgage).

Thank you guys

Cc @justwise, lexusgs430
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
Divine88:
Good day guys. God bless everyone who has been commenting and helping people on this forum.
I need good advice's from you guys. Here is my gist:
I just came back from the UK 5 months ago after the completion of my MSc. Been looking for jobs up to no avail at the moment.
I having been dating my girlfriend (British citizen) for 15months now and we are seriously planning to get married. We have been looking for options or wat step to take to get married.
Unfortunately my family and her family lives in the UK (family Friends). My family migrated to the UK a long time ago, I didn't cos I was classified as a adult (I was 18 then). I am a frequent UK family visit traveller. The first time I spend so long with my family was when I came to do my Masters.
I really want to go back and be with my family and and the same time be with my love.
Do you reckon we should bring the whole family to Nigeria, get married and apply for a spouse visal or apply for a marriage visitor visa?

NB: My girl friend works(surpass the financial requirements) and co-owned her house with her sister (they both share the mortgage).

Thank you guys

Cc @justwise, lexusgs430

My advice would be, your girlfriend visiting you in Nigeria, you both do a registry marriage, organize all documents for spousal visa, pay for priority application and sit back and relax.........
NB : Save the cost of transporting everybody to Nigeria. When your spousal visa is granted, you can do it again @ a uk registry office..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

My advice would be, your girlfriend visiting you in Nigeria, you both do a registry marriage, organize all documents for spousal visa, pay for priority application and sit back and relax.........
NB : Save the cost of transporting everybody to Nigeria. When your spousal visa is granted, you can do it again @ a uk registry office..........

Thanks man!!
I am also planning on travelling this December to engage her (family dinner). My family visitor visa expired years ago. I want to apply for a new one. M worried cos at the moment am not working, will that hinder the success of my family visit visa application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
Divine88:

Thanks man!!
I am also planning on travelling this December to engage her (family dinner). My family visitor visa expired years ago. I want to apply for a new one. M worried cos at the moment am not working, will that hinder the success of my family visit visa application?

Let's assume the Family visa is granted, you cannot still take up any legal form of employment.
Why not just do the right thing and take the right process since you already have a sisi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.