Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1036517 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
hello good people thanks for prompt response i appreciate
please i have been out of job for almost a year now but i have a business name which i use personally for small jobs at least to make ends meet (dont have bank account for the business name just use my personal account name).when filling the form which status will be best for me should i claim unemployed will that work against me or self employed if i claim self employed i will be ask to provide salary earned monthly and (bank statement and i have not open one for the company) to back up this claim how do i go about this,Although my wife will be the sponsor.please what should i do good people of the house will appreciate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
What type of visa are you applying for?
whats your present location Nigeria or Uk?

Pls provide us these answers so as we can advice you better....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
toksys:
please i have been out of job for almost a year now but i have a business name which i use personally for small jobs at least to make ends meet (dont have bank account for the business name just use my personal account name).when filling the form which status will be best for me should i claim unemployed will that work against me or self employed if i claim self employed i will be ask to provide salary earned monthly and (bank statement and i have not open one for the company) to back up this claim how do i go about this,Although my wife will be the sponsor.please what should i do good people of the house will appreciate.

To clarify. Are you applying for a spouse settlement visa?
You (the applicant) are based in Nigeria.?
Your wife (the sponsor) is based in UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
toksys:

Mr toksys..... I've gone through your profile and it appears your wife is your sponsor. If this is the case, the burden of proof falls on your wife. Your wife has to show that she meets the financial threshold as well as other requirements in other for her to qualify to bring you over as her dependant.
Your employment or unemployment status I believe has little or nothing to do with your application. I'd leave it to my Ogas @ the top to help you out from here...Goodluck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
wallg123:

Mr toksys..... I've gone through your profile and it appears your wife is your sponsor. If this is the case, the burden of proof falls on your wife. Your wife has to show that she meets the financial threshold as well as other requirements in other for her to qualify to bring you over as her dependant.
Your employment or unemployment status I believe has little or nothing to do with your application. I'd leave it to my Ogas @ the top to help you out from here...Goodluck

you're right, his employment in Nigeria has nothing to do with the application. A majority of the requirements are from his wife.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
Foreveryours201:

you're right, his employment in Nigeria has nothing to do with the application. A majority of the requirements are from his wife.

Thank you so much foreveryours and wallg123 i appreciate your kind response.
i know she need to get a permanent job job and a good accomodation.what about a one bedroom in a shared apartment will that be ok too(since no children for now).i know foreveryours said a one bedroom is just good.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 7:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Evening Nairaland Gurus,

I'm back again! No vex o.

Just a couple of questions on this online application.

I will be submitting the form tomorrow, what do you suggest I put as my date of planned arrival in the UK? And also where it asks "How long do you intend to stay in the UK?"

2) I mostly communicate with the missus on whatsapp/FaceTime. I've just downloaded the chat and it like 1500 pages on the smallest possible font since I've been in Naija. How do you suggest we do this? Should we just use convos from mayne the last couple of months or a few pages from each month I've been here?

Thank you!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
TunzAntman:
Evening Nairaland Gurus,

I'm back again! No vex o.

Just a couple of questions on this online application.

I will be submitting the form tomorrow, what do you suggest I put as my date of planned arrival in the UK? And also where it asks "How long do you intend to stay in the UK?"

2) I mostly communicate with the missus on whatsapp/FaceTime. I've just downloaded the chat and it like 1500 pages on the smallest possible font since I've been in Naija. How do you suggest we do this? Should we just use convos from mayne the last couple of months or a few pages from each month I've been here?

Thank you!

Date of arrival doesn't really matter, just put a date 3 months ahead and just state "permanent" for how long.

For the WhatsApp Chat logs I used a program called FinePrint to print 4 pages on each side of the sheet (but I didn't have 1500 pages!) I think a few samples covering the period of relationship should be enough (maybe 2 or 3 pages each month?)
I doubt they go through it, it's just to show evidence of relationship.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hello gurus in the house...

I received the email (in bold) below from UKVI today...

Dear "MY NAME"

UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.

You can complete the survey in any of these languages:

English
العربية
中文
Pусский
Türk

Please click on the UKVI Survey to give your feedback.

The questionnaire should take around 10 minutes to complete. It should be completed by the applicant themselves or a parent or guardian who applied on their behalf. If you are not the applicant, their parent or guardian, please send this invitation to the applicant.

Your feedback will be completely anonymous; it cannot and will not be linked with your application in any way.

The success of this research depends entirely on your voluntary co-operation, and we do hope you will be able to take part.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Adrian Dottridge
Director, UK Visas and Immigration

What baffles me is that I've been waiting for a decision to be made on my application for a while now (since the last call to my wife (my sponsor) assuring her that there are no more questions but decision will be made soon). This call was made over a month ago. Note that I applied over 5 months ago.

Please can anyone explain what this email means or has anyone in the house ever received such email when they haven't even got a decision or when a decision hasn't been made yet on their application. Please I need an enlightenment on what to do.

Thanks in advance guys
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
Uchman365:

Date of arrival doesn't really matter, just put a date 3 months ahead and just state "permanent" for how long.

For the WhatsApp Chat logs I used a program called FinePrint to print 4 pages on each side of the sheet (but I didn't have 1500 pages!) I think a few samples covering the period of relationship should be enough (maybe 2 or 3 pages each month?)

I doubt they go through it, it's just to show evidence of relationship.

Thanks bro, I'll check out the FinePrint.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
MreSBee:

Dear "MY NAME"

UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.

English
العربية
中文
Pусский
Türk

The questionnaire should take around 10 minutes to complete. It should be completed by the applicant themselves or a parent or guardian who applied on their behalf. If you are not the applicant, their parent or guardian, please send this invitation to the applicant.

Your feedback will be completely anonymous; it cannot and will not be linked with your application in any way.

The success of this research depends entirely on your voluntary co-operation, and we do hope you will be able to take part.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Adrian Dottridge

What baffles me is that I've been waiting for a decision to be made on my application for a while now (since the last call to my wife (my sponsor) assuring her that there are no more questions but decision will be made soon). This call was made over a month ago. Note that I applied over 5 months ago.

Please can anyone explain what this email means or has anyone in the house ever received such email when they haven't even got a decision or when a decision hasn't been made yet on their application. Please I need an enlightenment on what to do.

Thanks in advance guys

Just ignore it if you don't want to do it, it means nothing. It's just a customer service survey, all companies do it over here to get feedback
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2016
Uchman365:

Just ignore it if you don't want to do it, it means nothing. It's just a customer service survey, all companies do it over here to get feedback

My wife received it as well while waiting for a decision and she ignored it
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
toksys:

Thank you so much foreveryours and wallg123 i appreciate your kind response.
i know she need to get a permanent job job and a good accomodation.what about a one bedroom in a shared apartment will that be ok too(since no children for now).i know foreveryours said a one bedroom is just good.

As long as all the paperwork for the shared accommodation is in order and the Landlord agrees to the applicant being there. If you can prove/provide all this it shouldn't be a problem.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
Please house has anyone been able to pay their visa fees using a foreign card recently especially a UK pound denominated card?
Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
Monspubis:
Please house has anyone been able to pay their visa fees using a foreign card recently especially a UK pound denominated card?
Thank you

Of course, I paid with my UK debit card
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
Monspubis:
Thank you

Yes of course. Paid with my UK debit card!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
MreSBee:

Dear "MY NAME"

English
العربية
中文
Pусский
Türk

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Adrian Dottridge

Thanks in advance guys

Best to fill it out and state your honest opinion about the application process.
If everyone ignores such customers feedback survey, it would be assumed all is well or people don't care.
The evidence of the survey might not be useful for you, but might be for others in the future.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 11:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
Foreveryours201:

As long as all the paperwork for the shared accommodation is in order and the Landlord agrees to the applicant being there. If you can prove/provide all this it shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you foureveryours i appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 11:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
Uchman365:

Thanks for your response.

I think it was stated somewhere in the survey page that "this survey is only for those who a decision has been made on their applications".... When your wife got the email, was it after a decision was made on her application or before?

I'm just hoping that I'm right by thanking that a decision has been made on my application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abakilikiboy: 11:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
toksys:

Thank you foureveryours i appreciate
There is a room size requirement. She need the borough council of her area to come and check the size of the room and they will give her certificate or letter to confirm the room meet the standard required.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 11:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Best to fill it out and state your honest opinion about the application process.
If everyone ignores such customers feedback survey, it would be assumed all is well or people don't care.
The evidence of the survey might not be useful for you, but might be for others in the future.

Tried to fill it... But the 1st question was "has a decision been made on your application"? I chose "no" and that was the end of the survey

Don't you think a decision has been made on my application already.... Or why would they tell me to do a survey on an application of which a decision has not been made yet
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abakilikiboy: 12:01am On Nov 18, 2016
Please do guys know any hospital in Lagos that one can do DNA test.
The hospital is that recognise or accepted by uk embassy.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:23am On Nov 18, 2016
MreSBee:

Tried to fill it... But the 1st question was "has a decision been made on your application"? I chose "no" and that was the end of the survey

Don't you think a decision has been made on my application already.... Or why would they tell me to do a survey on an application of which a decision has not been made yet

If a yes was ticked, you would be in a better position to give a feedback.
NB : Look at it this way, how would you pass an examination, when you have not fully gone through the process?
Attempt the survey after a decision is reached.............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:24am On Nov 18, 2016
abakilikiboy:

You should ask the embassy for partner hospitals
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 5:38am On Nov 18, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Yes of course. Paid with my UK debit card!!
Pls another question.Were you charged in pounds or its dollar equivalent?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 5:39am On Nov 18, 2016
Uchman365:

Of course, I paid with my UK debit card
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:33am On Nov 18, 2016
Monspubis:

Was charged in dollars and it worked out a little bit more than the advertised £1195 fee then I got charged a non sterling transaction fee by my bank.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 9:03am On Nov 18, 2016
abakilikiboy:

Try to read down my profile u will see the name of a recognised hospital in Lagos where i did my DNA..... we were referred their by a hospital in London........

Goodluck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2016
abakilikiboy:

Done the research for you...
Address is:

Maria Esin clinic
7 Montgomery Road
Yaba
Lagos,
Nigeria
Tel: 00234187932

Oga give them a call and let them advice you as your case might be different from mine. My kits were sent from Uk to them in lagos and i just needed to visit their clinic for them to take my sample and send the results back to UK for them to match results with the DNA of my daughter. But as God will have it, before the result was out I got my visa....... Goodluck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2016
wallg123:

Done the research for you...
Address is:

Maria Esin clinic
7 Montgomery Road
Yaba
Lagos,
Nigeria
Tel: 00234187932

Oga give them a call and let them advice you as your case might be different from mine. My kits were sent from Uk to them in lagos and i just needed to visit their clinic for them to take my sample and send the results back to UK for them to match results with the DNA of my daughter. But as God will have it, before the result was out I got my visa....... Goodluck

Hey. How come you had to do a DNA test?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2016
I was just getting ready for anything oh.... To be honest i never thought for 1 min. they will overturn their decision.... So i did DNA just to use in court.. grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 10:25am On Nov 18, 2016
wallg123:
I was just getting ready for anything oh.... To be honest i never thought for 1 min. they will overturn their decision.... So i did DNA just to use in court.. grin

lol. Because I am now thinking when I give birth should I now do a DNA Test? Even though hubby's name will be on birth certificate. ?

So you didn't end up going to Court did you? They overturned it before that time?

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.