Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034614 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:16am On Nov 12, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
My hubby only gonna want a direct flight.

i'll check medview cause Gatwick is like 20mins away, so much better. Thanks

Cool. Tell hubby to have his form of inflight entertainment. They would spoil him with food of drinks (pounded yam, Amala etc etc etc
And no USB to charge anything smart (apart from this minor gripes), all is well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
My hubby only gonna want a direct flight.

i'll check medview cause Gatwick is like 20mins away, so much better. Thanks

Ensure you either buy from the airline directly, opodo or other recognized travel agencies and not those Pakistani fake duplicated websites or call centers

www.medviewairline.com
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 10:26am On Nov 12, 2016
Thanks @ Lexuss just called medview £442 for economy plus. Plus two bags at 32kg each that really good. better than the 23kg Virgin give. smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 10:30am On Nov 12, 2016
WOW...good thing I just came to check here. The website I was on was different and it was a pakistani guy I just spoke to on the phone who told me £442.

Thanks so much!! I wouldnt have booked over the phone anyway had to speak to my hubby first.

Lexusgs430:

Ensure you either buy from the airline directly, opodo or other recognized travel agencies and not those Pakistani fake duplicated websites

www.medviewairline.com

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:34am On Nov 12, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
WOW...good thing I just came to check here. The website I was on was different and it was a pakistani guy I just spoke to on the phone who told me £442.

Thanks so much!! I wouldnt have booked over the phone anyway had to speak to my hubby first.

I am so telepathic,LOL. I knew you might fall for their ploy/scam. If you gave them your number, expect them to bombard you with calls.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:37am On Nov 12, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Thanks @ Lexuss just called medview £442 for economy plus. Plus two bags at 32kg each that really good. better than the 23kg Virgin give. smiley

We are laptop/smartphone lawyers and laptop/smartphone travel agents. Just call us the Swiss Army of all matter arising........
Wishing your hubby Journey Mercies............ (he would soon be dropping down the chimney) Ensure chimney fire is turned off (I hear London is getting colder and its raining)..........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 11:03am On Nov 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Your main bone of contention here is the Bootleg ID, the National insurance contributions would definitely flag up, once your National Insurance number is checked.
- How long did you work with the bootleg ID for?
- All previous interviews you had with the UKBA while in the UK, did you tell porkies about your work status?
- Where you receiving any state handouts, while engaged in any form of employment(s)?
Etc etc etc. And all other soul searching questions?
Why I ask is simply because, people ask half baked questions and retain key elements of their questions. If half baked questions are asked and you apply the answers to full baked issues, the answer to your application is inevitable..............

I'm trying not to be as half baked as possible.

1)I worked for well over 6 years with it

2) I did tell UKBA I wasn't working

3) Never received any state benefits or credits

Im planning on being 100% honest on the application, but just wondering if there's anything I could write in the additional info section that'll help my cause.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2016
TunzAntman:

I'm trying not to be as half baked as possible.

1)I worked for well over 6 years with it

2) I did tell UKBA I wasn't working

3) Never received any state benefits or credits

Im planning on being 100% honest on the application, but just wondering if there's anything I could write in the additional info section that'll help my cause.

Thank you

Be sincere about your work history, simply because your NI contributions would show up.
You did not claim, so you did not obtain state funds illegally ......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jiab1121(m): 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2016
Good evening everyone,kudos to everybody for their contributions on this thread,God bless you all. please can someone help me identify the correct link to register for ielts to use for settlement visa
https://ieltsukvisas.britishcouncil.org/
or
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/
Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
Wow. Scam website?

Use medview. U can get a one way ticket for about £300.

Let us know how it goes.

Caribbeanwify28:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2016
jiab1121:
Good evening everyone,kudos to everybody for their contributions on this thread,God bless you all. please can someone help me identify the correct link to register for ielts to use for settlement visa
https://ieltsukvisas.britishcouncil.org/
or
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/
Thanks in advance

Simple, just go on British Council website and then navigate to Exams

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts-uk-visa-immigration
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jiab1121(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2016
Thanks
Uchman365:

Simple, just go on British Council website and then navigate to Exams
https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts-uk-visa-immigration
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
Foreveryours201:

A dependant child coming from Nigeria who the UK spouse will be a sponsor for too.

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

No, it does not apply to a British child

Thanks I appreciate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
Foreveryours201:

I know this. But I was under the assumption the person meant a child with a Nigeria passport not a British child who is residing in Nigeria and returning to UK. The child wouldn't even need to be a part of the application if they have a British passport. wink

The child was born here and hold a British passport just as me. Am just applying for my spouse which is the dad. The child is here with me but the dad stays in Nigeria which am now putting his application in now. That why am asking that question.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
Medview is quite a new airline to run between Lagos and London. I don't know of any one that has used it.

Have you had good reviews about them?

Abbylove:
Wow. Scam website?

Use medview. U can get a one way ticket for about £300.

Let us know how it goes.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
Isommex:

The child was born here and hold a British passport just as me. Am just applying for my spouse which is the dad. The child is here with me but the dad stays in Nigeria which am now putting his application in now. That why am asking that question.
Ok
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2016
Good day gurus,

I want to say a big you to all of you people in the house..... I'm now reunited with my wife and daughter....... In fact her entire family threw me a welcome back party as if i was coming back from prison.... lol...

my man lexus570 I know say u still dey wait for ur moto?... don't worry u'll get once trump get impeached......

I wish everyone hoping for decision on application, decision overturn or appeal success.... .. No situation is without remedy.... Goodluck guys cool

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
Isommex:

Ok! Well when you apply you will have to declare that you both have a child and would need your child's passport number and d.o.b etc. I believe this information is requested on one of the appendix that must be completed in the addition to the application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
wallg123:
Good day gurus,

I want to say a big you to all of you people in the house..... I'm now reunited with my wife and daughter....... In fact her entire family threw me a welcome back party as if i was coming back from prison.... lol...

my man lexus570 I know say u still dey wait for ur moto?... don't worry u'll get once trump get impeached......

I wish everyone hoping for decision on application, decision overturn or appeal success.... .. No situation is without remedy.... Goodluck guys cool

That's awesome. Just in time for Christmas. Congratulations. Enjoy the parry!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Ok! Well when you apply you will have to declare that you both have a child and would need your child's passport number and d.o.b etc. I believe this information is requested on one of the appendix that must be completed in the addition to the application.

Yes, they will ask for details of any dependants in the form, whether they're included in the application or not
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
Foreveryours201:

That's awesome. Just in time for Christmas. Congratulations. Enjoy the parry!

Thanks @foreveryours201...... When do you intend putting in the appeal or have you done so already ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
wallg123:

Thanks @foreveryours201...... When do you intend putting in the appeal or have you done so already ?

Yes I sent it off yesterday. Had a few people read over my statement. I highlighted relevant sections on my payslips, employment letters, bank statement. Also added tenancy agreement and letter to back up the utility bills and council tax bill they claimed not to have seen.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the English requirement as we didn't have a Naric letter or assessment done at time of application but processing it now and wrote on the appeal form that the statement from Naric is pending and once available we will send it through. I'm worried that based on that alone they may not overturn their decision, though hubby submitted original and copy of degree cert and official letter from the University. undecided
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Yes I sent it off yesterday. Had a few people read over my statement. I highlighted relevant sections on my payslips, employment letters, bank statement. Also added tenancy agreement and letter to back up the utility bills and council tax bill they claimed not to have seen.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the English requirement as we didn't have a Naric letter or assessment done at time of application but processing it now and wrote on the appeal form that the statement from Naric is pending and once available we will send it through. I'm worried that based on that alone they may not overturn their decision, though hubby submitted original and copy of degree cert and official letter from the University. undecided

Good stuff, well done. I can't talk about the Naric stuff cuz i've got no clue on that... As i did both, my degree and masters in the Uk so i just sent in my certificates and transcripts........ But if you told to get it, then by all means do. Hit them with all you've got.....Not long b4 we hear you celebrating.... cool
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
wallg123:

Good stuff, well done. I can't talk about the Naric stuff cuz i've got no clue on that... As i did both, my degree and masters in the Uk so i just sent in my certificates and transcripts........ But if you told to get it, then by all means do. Hit them with all you've got.....Not long b4 we hear you celebrating.... cool

Amen to that. Hope you're enjoying cold weather. Don't disappear. Keep in touch lol tongue wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Amen to that. Hope you're enjoying cold weather. Don't disappear. Keep in touch lol tongue wink

No i can't run away....I'll always be here cuz this place and these people kept me believing .......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
Foreveryours201:

No i can't run away....I'll always be here cuz this place and these people kept me believing .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:54am On Nov 14, 2016
wallg123:
Good day gurus,

Hope still dey for me be dat (TRUMP might still get TRUMPED) .................
Enjoy your holiday(sorry I meant escape from this prison)....
We too go soon come greet Iya Charlie (if she never kick cup, before our road too clear).......
Regards to all
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:59am On Nov 14, 2016
wallg123:

I thought I replied. That's good you better not. I've been reading some pages back and some people have gone and got on with their lives... I will keep everyone updated regarding the appeal...I just can't believe the fee has gone up and there is probably no change in the timescale as to how things happen! Oh well. undecided
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:40am On Nov 14, 2016
Foreveryours201:

I thought I replied. That's good you better not. I've been reading some pages back and some people have gone and got on with their lives... I will keep everyone updated regarding the appeal...I just can't believe the fee has gone up and there is probably no change in the timescale as to how things happen! Oh well. undecided

Soldier GO, Soldier COME. Barrack(nairaland) must remain..............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Soldier GO, Soldier COME. Barrack(nairaland) must remain..............

Abi o.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
Leicester have received the appeal form and documents I sent at the weekend. It was signed for this morning!

Let the process begin!! undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.