Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034989 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:54am On Nov 28, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Of course. Hence the reason I'm not holding my breath. The fee I paid for has gone. I just hissed when I read the information.

I hear £329,000,000 is required to repair and refurbish the Queen's luxury council house. The funds must come from her subjects nah................. LOL
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 2:01am On Nov 28, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I hear £329,000,000 is required to repair and refurbish the Queen's luxury council house. The funds must come from her subjects nah................. LOL

Lol. You wicked man! That's where my tax and fees are going to.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:10am On Nov 28, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Lol. You wicked man! That's where my tax and fees are going to.

LOL. The truth be told nah, all they got is services, tax, skills exchange etc etc etc
£'s has to come from somewhere, by hook or crook........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 5:55am On Nov 28, 2016
That increase was extreme!
I hope so too. 'cos £800 is more than half of the application fee itself!!!

Is this the effect of Brexit?

Foreveryours201:

Thanks. However, I have read from a few sources that they are backing down with this fee increase and will be going back to the old fees and will refund the difference to anyone who has paid the new amount. Don't know how true it is though. I'm not holding my breath. undecided
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:20am On Nov 28, 2016
mystikal:
Quick question.

My cousin overstayed his student visa after completing his MSc programme in UK. He returned home in 2010 afterwards. Been working in Nigeria since then.

Now he has secured a PhD research position in Robert Gordon university with full scholarship from tetfund and his state government.

Will his overstay gravely dampen his chances of returning to the UK. Does he stand any chance with an appeal.
Additional useful information would be great. Thanks.

Cc: justwise
OmoTier1
Foreveryours201

Possibly, though it depends on how long he over stayed and what he was doing during that period
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:21am On Nov 28, 2016
Jennyze:
Hi all,

Please is it compulsory to include the passport number of other occupants in the house?

We already have inspection report.. council tax & bills plus a letter from the house owner.

Not at all, no need for that
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 9:15am On Nov 28, 2016
@justwise please any info on this

Jennyze:
Hi all,

Please is it compulsory to include the passport number of other occupants in the house?

We already have inspection report.. council tax & bills plus a letter from the house owner.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 9:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Thank you.

Please what about submitting my previous passports? I am using a new 1 for this application so they see evidence of travel.

justwise:

Not at all, no need for that
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 10:28am On Nov 28, 2016
Abbylove:
That increase was extreme!
I hope so too. 'cos £800 is more than half of the application fee itself!!!

Is this the effect of Brexit?

I paid for the paper appeal because you're right £800 is almost the amount of a new application. Hopefully it will be just as affective... I think institutions and people are getting a bit 'brave' since brexit LOL.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mystikal(m): 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
justwise:

Possibly, though it depends on how long he over stayed and what he was doing during that period

He overstayed over a year. He actually wasn't doing anything. Lived off his rich relatives I suppose till he got tired. No criminal records.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mystikal(m): 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Why did he overstay? And her overstayed by how long?

Couldn't get a reasonable reason for overstaying but overstayed over a year
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
Government reverses 500% immigration tribunal fee increases

In a surprising but very welcome development, the Government has reversed the 500% increase in fees for immigration appeals which took effect on 10 October 2016. Fees will instead be charged at the old rates and those who have paid the higher fees in the last few weeks will have their payments refunded.

The fee increases were due to hit EU nationals and their family members very hard given the number of immigration appeals likely to be generated by the flood of permanent residence applications generated by Brexit. In addition, the Home Office may not have been terribly happy about having to pay the appeal fees in cases in which appellants succeeded in having their decisions overturned.

The Friday afternoon announcement was made by Sir Oliver Heald, Minister of State for Courts and Justice:

However, we have listened to the representations that we received on the current fee levels and have decided to take stock and review the immigration and asylum fees, to balance the interests of all tribunal users and the taxpayer and to look at them again alongside other tribunal fees and in the wider context of funding for the system overall.

From today all applicants will be charged fees at previous levels and we will reimburse, in all cases where the new fees have been paid, the difference between that fee and the previous fee.

We will bring forward secondary legislation to formalise the position as soon as possible. That legislation will come into force shortly, but in the meantime the changes will be effected through the use of the Lord Chancellor’s discretionary power to remit or reduce fees.

Alongside the fee changes introduced we extended the fee exemptions offered in the First-tier Tribunal, to include:
those in receipt of a Home Office destitution waiver in respect of their initial application;
parents of, and those with parental responsibility for, children receiving support from local authorities;
children in local authority care; and
those appealing a decision to revoke their humanitarian protection or refugee status.

The Government believes that these exemptions are proportionate measures that protect some of the most vulnerable users of the Tribunal. For this reason the extended system of fee exemptions will remain in place.

We also took the opportunity when introducing the fee changes to expand and clarify the guidance around the application of the Lord Chancellor’s power to remit or reduce fees in exceptional circumstances. This revised guidance is not affected.

The role of fees in the Upper Tribunal will also form part of the review. The focus of our work is now on carrying out that review. We will bring forward any new plans for Tribunal fees, including in the Immigration and Asylum Chambers of the First-tier and Upper Tribunals, for consultation in due course.

The Government’s belief is unchanged that it is right that those who use our courts and tribunals should pay more, where they can realistically afford to do so, to ensure that the system is properly funded to protect access to justice and to relieve the burden on the taxpayer.
This statement has also been made in the House of Lords: HLWS287
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2016

In a surprising but very welcome development, the Government has reversed the 500% increase in fees for immigration appeals which took effect on 10 October 2016. Fees will instead be charged at the old rates and those who have paid the higher fees in the last few weeks will have their payments refunded.

The fee increases were due to hit EU nationals and their family members very hard given the number of immigration appeals likely to be generated by the flood of permanent residence applications generated by Brexit. In addition, the Home Office may not have been terribly happy about having to pay the appeal fees in cases in which appellants succeeded in having their decisions overturned.

The Friday afternoon announcement was made by Sir Oliver Heald, Minister of State for Courts and Justice:

However, we have listened to the representations that we received on the current fee levels and have decided to take stock and review the immigration and asylum fees, to balance the interests of all tribunal users and the taxpayer and to look at them again alongside other tribunal fees and in the wider context of funding for the system overall.

From today all applicants will be charged fees at previous levels and we will reimburse, in all cases where the new fees have been paid, the difference between that fee and the previous fee.

We will bring forward secondary legislation to formalise the position as soon as possible. That legislation will come into force shortly, but in the meantime the changes will be effected through the use of the Lord Chancellor’s discretionary power to remit or reduce fees.

Alongside the fee changes introduced we extended the fee exemptions offered in the First-tier Tribunal, to include:
those in receipt of a Home Office destitution waiver in respect of their initial application;
parents of, and those with parental responsibility for, children receiving support from local authorities;
those appealing a decision to revoke their humanitarian protection or refugee status.

The Government believes that these exemptions are proportionate measures that protect some of the most vulnerable users of the Tribunal. For this reason the extended system of fee exemptions will remain in place.

We also took the opportunity when introducing the fee changes to expand and clarify the guidance around the application of the Lord Chancellor’s power to remit or reduce fees in exceptional circumstances. This revised guidance is not affected.

The role of fees in the Upper Tribunal will also form part of the review. The focus of our work is now on carrying out that review. We will bring forward any new plans for Tribunal fees, including in the Immigration and Asylum Chambers of the First-tier and Upper Tribunals, for consultation in due course.

The Government’s belief is unchanged that it is right that those who use our courts and tribunals should pay more, where they can realistically afford to do so, to ensure that the system is properly funded to protect access to justice and to relieve the burden on the taxpayer.

Source: Update on Courts and Tribunals:Written statement – HCWS284 – UK Parliament
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
Wow!

Unbelievable.

The closing remark is so mean...."pay more if they can afford to do so"

Oh well. Needle go pass before road close for thread like a popular song goes!

stillwaiting:

Source: Update on Courts and Tribunals:Written statement – HCWS284 – UK Parliament
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bankyg04: 6:34am On Nov 29, 2016
[
Hi Davdar,
Have you received a date for your appeal yet? The wait is honestly unbelievable. Just want to know your thoughts on this. Pls get back ASAP. Thanks and good luck.

Hi Banky

Our 15weeks ended yesterday and up till now, we haven't heard anything. I called the appeal court but they told me they haven't heard anything from them. My hubby was also refused based on communication printout not enough. I heard they have backlog but will update you if anything comes up and pls try to also update me as well. Thanks[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2016
Abbylove:
Wow!

Unbelievable.

The closing remark is so mean...."pay more if they can afford to do so"

Oh well. Needle go pass before road close for thread like a popular song goes!

Imagine the insult. The fact is.. the genuine or desperate will pay for it and they know this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:20am On Nov 29, 2016
mystikal:

Couldn't get a reasonable reason for overstaying but overstayed over a year

Well that''s not good is it? In all honesty the chances are. . . nothing is impossible with these people. Everything about the application needs to be on point and an apology and a very good explanation as to why he overstayed but since he doesn't have one... I don't know.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 10:37am On Nov 29, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Well that''s not good is it? In all honesty the chances are. . . nothing is impossible with these people. Everything about the application needs to be on point and an apology and a very good explanation as to why he overstayed but since he doesn't have one... I don't know.

If you're applying as a spouse, they cannot refuse you just because you've overstayed.

http://www.immigrationbarrister.co.uk/Blog/settlement-in-the-uk/applying-for-entry-clearance-after-a-period-of-overstaying.html
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 10:42am On Nov 29, 2016
TunzAntman:

If you're applying as a spouse, they cannot refuse you just because you've overstayed.

http://www.immigrationbarrister.co.uk/Blog/settlement-in-the-uk/applying-for-entry-clearance-after-a-period-of-overstaying.html

Yes but I can imagine they would take satisfaction is frustrating him.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 11:31am On Nov 29, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Yes but I can imagine they would take satisfaction is frustrating him.

I reckon the 3 month processing time is frustration enough, considering priority is like 5-10 days. They'll probably come with their nonsense about it not being straightforward just to take the piss but if everything is in order no reason to get refused.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2016
Hello everyone here,

Just a quick question. Does anyone know how long (how many days) it takes for the documents to return to Lagos after receiving a "decision has been made" email from UKVI and how the VAC contacts one (email or phone call)?

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
TunzAntman:

I reckon the 3 month processing time is frustration enough, considering priority is like 5-10 days. They'll probably come with their nonsense about it not being straightforward just to take the piss but if everything is in order no reason to get refused.

LOL.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hello good people,i recently made a priority Tier 2 application(7th day post biometrics).Got an email from TLS that Application had been received by UKVI on 22nd.Out of curiosity I just decided to contact UKVI(most of the people I know got decisions within 5days even in September),lo nd behold the UKVI operative told me there was no record found bla bla.Contacted TLS and those ones claim it's in Sheffield.
P.S I didn't get any email from Sheffield and I applied in Ikeja with the so called priority service o.

Shall I be calm or what,i need your advice!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
MreSBee:
Hello everyone here,

Just a quick question. Does anyone know how long (how many days) it takes for the documents to return to Lagos after receiving a "decision has been made" email from UKVI and how the VAC contacts one (email or phone call)?

Thanks.

It's much better and quicker to return it to the spouse in the UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
Uchman365:

It's much better and quicker to return it to the spouse in the UK.

I already instructed them to return it to Ikeja in Lagos where I applied (sent all documents to them).... Received their decision made email yesterday. Just curious on how long I'll have to wait to receive the documents. I know people have got same or similar experience on this forum.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Monspubis:
Hello good people,i recently made a priority Tier 2 application(7th day post biometrics).Got an email from TLS that Application had been received by UKVI on 22nd.Out of curiosity I just decided to contact UKVI(most of the people I know got decisions within 5days even in September),lo nd behold the UKVI operative told me there was no record found bla bla.Contacted TLS and those ones claim it's in Sheffield.
P.S I didn't get any email from Sheffield and I applied in Ikeja with the so called priority service o.

Shall I be calm or what,i need your advice!

please, Monspubis. I do sympathize with you in this, but please continue calling their UKVI customer care service international, they will definitely give you appropriate response, don't mind the money and equally send them emails. Keep disturbing them. Once beaten, twice shy!

my Questions, please I want to also use the priority service, how much is the 450 pounds in Naira
2. Will I pay it in cash at the teleperformance center or through bank transfer? How do I actually pay the money?
Thanks in anticipation to read your response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
stillwaiting:

please, Monspubis. I do sympathize with you in this, but please continue calling their UKVI customer care service international, they will definitely give you appropriate response, don't mind the money and equally send them emails. Keep disturbing them. Once beaten, twice shy!

my Questions, please I want to also use the priority service, how much is the 450 pounds in Naira
2. Will I pay it in cash at the teleperformance center or through bank transfer? How do I actually pay the money?
Thanks in anticipation to read your response.
Well I paid with a UK card,so I wouldn't be to answer that question.Albeit,I strongly feel you won't be able to pay with a Nigerian card at TLS based on dcrestrictions dese days.Alternatively,u could use mypaga,some people have has success with that.
Peace.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dareton09: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Jennyze:

@dareton09: Please did you include an introductory letter stating the nature of your business?

@Jennyze

No Introductory Letter for the nature of business was included as it is not required in the guidance.

It was only filled in the completed Appendix 2 form.

It is worth detailing anything you feel might need clarifications on a cover letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Iver57: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
I was refused UK family visit visa base on my bank statement. ECO stated that my bank statement is violatile, not sourced and funds limited. ECO stated that my circumstance is very important. First of all am not sponsoring myself, siblings are sponsoring like before when first visited my sister who is a British citizen. I only presented my bank statement to show the amount my bro deposited as a sign of contribution which I stated in my application.i was not give right to appeal, what can I do other than reapply?can I appeal base on human right?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 12:36am On Nov 30, 2016
Iver57:
I was refused UK family visit visa base on my bank statement. ECO stated that my bank statement is violatile, not sourced and funds limited. ECO stated that my circumstance is very important. First of all am not sponsoring myself, siblings are sponsoring like before when first visited my sister who is a British citizen.I submitted all support documents from my sponsor which the ECO sounded not have a problem with that. I only presented my bank statement to show the amount my bro deposited as a sign of contribution which I stated in my application.i was not give right to appeal, what can I do other than reapply?can I appeal base on human right?

I do understand how you feel regarding the refusal of family visit visa. Unfortunately, visit Visas cannot be appealed. The only option is to address the reasons for the refusal and then reapply. Good luck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Iver57: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2016
What U.K. Visa will I need when joining the British army from outside the U.K. Or any other commonwealth country?

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.