Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035024 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 10:41am On Nov 30, 2016
Iver57:
What U.K. Visa will I need when joining the British army from outside the U.K. Or any other commonwealth country?

Why not check for the visa requirements on their website for people out the UK or common wealth nations.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Afrojazzz: 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
uru in the house @justwife I need your wisdom I applied for spouse visa but was refused on grounds that I didn't meet up the financial requirements duo they are right my spouse only earn 18400 at that time now I want to apply again she earns more than that n (1)my question is can I apply with priority we just had a child together so are desperate for me to come over Question (2) while filling my last application I made mistake on my parents DOB which I would like to correct now .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 11:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
I need help on this one my ppl.. its about the 28 days rule thing, I received my bank statement after I've submitted my application so as to show my last pay but its seems have made a mistake in that aspect. I normally get pay every two weeks but last pay does not show on my last bank statement so decided to wait for November bank statement which eventually arrived after my application. Does this portend any serious problem for my application? Is just that last bank statement
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 3:08am On Dec 01, 2016
Afrojazzz:
uru in the house @justwife I need your wisdom I applied for spouse visa but was refused on grounds that I didn't meet up the financial requirements duo they are right my spouse only earn 18400 at that time now I want to apply again she earns more than that n (1)my question is can I apply with priority we just had a child together so are desperate for me to come over Question (2) while filling my last application I made mistake on my parents DOB which I would like to correct now .

1. Some people on this forum have reapplied successfully with priority after refusal
2. I wouldn't worry too much about parents date of birth, I would just go with the original date you used to avoid inconsistency.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 5:29am On Dec 01, 2016
Lucky you!

They would be refunding you.

I looked at their website and the rate has been reversed.

Foreveryours201:

I paid for the paper appeal because you're right £800 is almost the amount of a new application. Hopefully it will be just as affective... I think institutions and people are getting a bit 'brave' since brexit LOL.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 10:40am On Dec 01, 2016
Abbylove:
Lucky you!

They would be refunding you.

I looked at their website and the rate has been reversed.

I just looked too. It's changed back to the old fees. They haven't refunded me yet. I might give them a call to clarify.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
Foreveryours201:

I just looked too. It's changed back to the old fees. They haven't refunded me yet. I might give them a call to clarify.

Please can you share the link to the revised fee. I try to search for it but I couldn't get it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-tribunal/appeal-from-outside-the-uk

Thats the link.

anyichi16:

Please can you share the link to the revised fee. I try to search for it but I couldn't get it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
I got this message from ukvi early this morning after my enquiry about the progress of my application.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWF and date of birth
) and found that the application has been processed and it should
be with you in the next few days.

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery.

If you have purchased a courier service then your documents will be
dispatched to the delivery address you have provided. We appreciate your
patience while you wait to receive your documents.

If you have not paid for the courier serviced, please ensure to check your
email including your spam/junk/promotion folders to see when you will
receive an email asking you to go and collect your documents.

As per your supporting documents, if your husband has included the prepaid
return envelop, they will be returned to the address provided.

what does this signify?
And will I still get the normal decision made email from them or just emails from the VAC
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
Did you pay for priority?
You only just submitted early this month

Gbolaboy:
I got this message from ukvi early this morning after my enquiry about the progress of my application.

what does this signify?
And will I still get the normal decision made email from them or just emails from the VAC
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
Gbolaboy:

what does this signify?
The reply I got was was no record found and I applied for a priority visa.I don't even know what that means for me now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
Abbylove:

https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-tribunal/appeal-from-outside-the-uk

Thats the link.

I called them. They said they are refunding people the difference hopefully within the next 10 working days.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
Cool. Lucky u!

I used their website to inquire on the status of my application. They said no update yet.

Am waiting...

Foreveryours201:

I called them. They said they are refunding people the difference hopefully within the next 10 working days.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=Abbylove post=51544943]Did you pay for priority?
You only just submitted early this month

Yeah ...it was priority
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
Monspubis:

The reply I got was was no record found and I applied for a priority visa.I don't even know what that means for me now.

Sorry about that...I paid for priority too so decided to message them yesterday and got that response..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
'...An additional fee of £55 will be charged to use this visa application centre. You must pay this fee at the same time you pay your visa fee and before you attend the visa application centre. Failure to pay this fee in advance will result in your appointment being cancelled...'

CUSTOMER NOTICE

From 5 December 2016 customers applying for a UK visa using our standard or Priority Visa services in Lagos Victoria Island and Ikeja Nigeria will benefit from digital improvements to the UK visa application process. TLScontact will scan your supporting documents whilst you’re at the visa application centre, and then give back your documents to you immediately. They will then send these digital documents to UKVI, with your passport, and visa officers will consider your application in the usual way.

Our gurus in the house I copied this from Teleperformance website;
What does this imply for sponsor who wants to post documents from the UK to Sheffield?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
Afrojazzz:

grin grin grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
justwise:

grin grin grin

That did make me chuckle too grin grin grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
Foreveryours201:

That did make me chuckle too grin grin grin

Never been called that before grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
UK ADOPTS NEW VISA APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NIGERIANS
December 2, 2016
Press Release

The UK Embassy in Nigeria has adopted a new visa application process, the British High Commission said on Friday in a statement.

The spokesperson of the commission, Joe Abuku, described the new process as a slight change in which “Visa staff now only need electronic versions of support documents.”

The new process, which takes effect from December 5 for customers applying for a UK visa in Lagos, Victoria Island and Ikeja, would bring applicants benefits from digital improvements to the UK visa application process.

“TLSContact (responsible for UK Visa Application Centres in Nigeria) will scan your supporting documents whilst you’re at the visa application centre, and then return your original documents to you,” the statement said.

“They will then send these (electronic) documents to UKVI, with your passport and application form, and visa officers will consider your application in the usual way.

In order to avoid delays in the visa application centre, the Commission requested applicants to ensure they complied with requirement to provide all documents in A4 size, while any other documents smaller or larger than A4 should be photocopied onto A4 sized paper.

While advising all customers to remove any clips or pins from documents before submitting their application, the Commission warned that any torn, crumpled or heavily creased documents, which is difficult to photocopy, should be photocopied onto A4 sized paper before submitted, as they can’t be scanned in this condition.
Source: Premium Times.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 10:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
This is so true. I was at TLS VI on Wednesday and a man came with more than 800 pages of communication evidence for settlement visa. They had to scan after whyning and trying to convince the man to reduce it but he didn't bulge. They even called one white man and asked him to come convince the man, but he still didn't listen to him.

stillwaiting:
December 2, 2016
Press Release

The UK Embassy in Nigeria has adopted a new visa application process, the British High Commission said on Friday in a statement.

The spokesperson of the commission, Joe Abuku, described the new process as a slight change in which “Visa staff now only need electronic versions of support documents.”

The new process, which takes effect from December 5 for customers applying for a UK visa in Lagos, Victoria Island and Ikeja, would bring applicants benefits from digital improvements to the UK visa application process.

“TLSContact (responsible for UK Visa Application Centres in Nigeria) will scan your supporting documents whilst you’re at the visa application centre, and then return your original documents to you,” the statement said.

“They will then send these (electronic) documents to UKVI, with your passport and application form, and visa officers will consider your application in the usual way.

In order to avoid delays in the visa application centre, the Commission requested applicants to ensure they complied with requirement to provide all documents in A4 size, while any other documents smaller or larger than A4 should be photocopied onto A4 sized paper.

While advising all customers to remove any clips or pins from documents before submitting their application, the Commission warned that any torn, crumpled or heavily creased documents, which is difficult to photocopy, should be photocopied onto A4 sized paper before submitted, as they can’t be scanned in this condition.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by benileo: 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
Benz101:

You will need a sponsor letter to confirm that you consent or support your spouse application. The letter is needed as part of evidence of your r/ship. See attached and a copy I used. Address it to
The Visa Officer
UK Visas and Immigration, international
Sheffield
United Kingdom.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hello guys, can I scan my document and send to my wife so she can print and submit at the UKVI, or I should send my document by dhl.

Hello guys,
Just got some info that the UKVi has updated some list of things on their website, is there anyone that is for settlement visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 11:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
abubarakat:
This is so true. I was at TLS VI on Wednesday and a man came with more than 800 pages of communication evidence for settlement visa. They had to scan after whyning and trying to convince the man to reduce it but he didn't bulge. They even called one white man and asked him to come convince the man, but he still didn't listen to him.

How stupid. Like the ECO will be reading 800 PAGES. They are lay even look at the bank statements. He'll probably end up pissing off the officer sef.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 3:28am On Dec 03, 2016
Hello Nairalanders @justwise and others who did apply for settlement visa,.. I am Nigerian but live in Germany (3years 6months now) i have not been to naija for close to a year and my wife is british (she lives n work in uk. Started work in August 2nd 2016, after graduating from MedSchool in july 2016. her gross salary as a junior doctor is 30,000 pounds before tax.

Please my questions:

1. Do i need tuberculosis test (from the website it seems i don't, since i have been away from naija for more than a year now. Though i wana be sure).
2. Do i need to pay health surcharge.
3.Do i (and my sponsor /partner ) need to fill the sponsorship undertaking?
4. January 2017 will make it 6momths on her job, this is her 1st job and its full time, so are we qualified to apply in February/march 2017?
5. How long must we stay in our new apartment before we apply or it doesn't matter how long?
6. Lastly, if we qualified to apply in february/march is it possible to have p60 ( cos p60 is usually a tax year and she will be 7months on her job) or it's not compulsory to submit p60?

Your kind input / answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 7:52am On Dec 03, 2016
The new application process, does it apply to settlement visa application? So we don't need to send our documents to Sheffield anymore?

I just sent all my original documents to my wife in the UK so that when I apply at the VAC, she'll post all our original supporting documents to Sheffield now I don't understand this new application process.

stillwaiting:
December 2, 2016
Press Release

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:07am On Dec 03, 2016
AdimO1:
Hello Nairalanders @justwise and others who did apply for settlement visa,.. I am Nigerian but live in Germany (3years 6months now) i have not been to naija for close to a year and my wife is british (she lives n work in uk. Started work in August 2nd 2016, after graduating from MedSchool in july 2016. her gross salary as a junior doctor is 30,000 pounds before tax.

Please my questions:

1. Do i need tuberculosis test (from the website it seems i don't, since i have been away from naija for more than a year now. Though i wana be sure).
2. Do i need to pay health surcharge.
3.Do i (and my sponsor /partner ) need to fill the sponsorship undertaking?
4. January 2017 will make it 6momths on her job, this is her 1st job and its full time, so are we qualified to apply in February/march 2017?
5. How long must we stay in our new apartment before we apply or it doesn't matter how long?
6. Lastly, if we qualified to apply in february/march is it possible to have p60 ( cos p60 is usually a tax year and she will be 7months on her job) or it's not compulsory to submit p60?

Your kind input / answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

1. No you don't

2. Yes you will since you are still holding Nigerian passport though if that is not the case you will know during the online application process

3. yes your wife needs to complete that.

4. If i were you personally i will make the application after April by then the p60 will be ready

5. It doesn't matter you can apply any time using the apartment.

6. Yes that is possible, she needs to speak to her HR depart to make one available

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
Good day to everyone and Happy New Month. Please, I intend applying for my settlement visa in February/March by God's grace but I was thinking of requesting for a transcript and a letter from my school this coming week so I can send to NARIC.
Please, do you think its advisable to do so now?
Hope its not too early to have the NARIC certification?
Because am trying to put all necessary documents together as early as possible.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
mizbee:
Good day to everyone and Happy New Month. Please, I intend applying for my settlement visa in February/March by God's grace but I was thinking of requesting for a transcript and a letter from my school this coming week so I can send to NARIC.
Please, do you think its advisable to do so now?
Hope its not too early to have the NARIC certification?
Because am trying to put all necessary documents together as early as possible.

It's not too early. It doesn't have an expiration date. As long as your degree was taught and examined/researched in English and your University can provide a letter confirming this as well as a transcript and your degree certificate, you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 1:11am On Dec 04, 2016
justwise:

1. No you don't

2. Yes you will since you are still holding Nigerian passport though if that is not the case you will know during the online application process

3. yes your wife needs to complete that.

4. If i were you personally i will make the application after April by then the p60 will be ready

5. It doesn't matter you can apply any time using the apartment.

6. Yes that is possible, she needs to speak to her HR depart to make one available

Thanks @justwise
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 10:24am On Dec 05, 2016
Hi guys @justwise and Nairalnders. Please as regards evidence that i have an academic qualification that both:

was taught or researched in English
is recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree or PhD, do i need to send a scanned copy of the letter from my university (with other scanned copies of my certificates or must the letter be sent in its original format sealed an sent by my university.
Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 10:48am On Dec 05, 2016
AdimO1:
Hi guys @justwise and Nairalnders. Please as regards evidence that i have an academic qualification that both:

was taught or researched in English
is recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree or PhD, do i need to send a scanned copy of the letter from my university (with other scanned copies of my certificates or must the letter be sent in its original format sealed an sent by my university.
Thanks in anticipation of your response.

I just spoke to them (UK NARIC) and was told the scanned copies are okay.
Thanks guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.