Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041624 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Estherkafi: 11:57am On Aug 03, 2017
Hi everyone. I'm kinda new here. My husband stays in the UK. But I'm here in Nigeria. I'm planning to put in my visa so that I can go join him over there. Please what are the requirements for the spouse visa? Can somebody help me? I have seen some successful ones here and I decided to ask. Please I want mine to be successful too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Estherkafi: 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
Hi, pls what are the requirements for UK spouse visa application. I'm kinda confused. Pls can someone put me through.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Estherkafi: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
[quote author=abubarakat post=52794705]Congratulations. Please what are the requirements for UK spouse visa application? My husband is in the UK, he works there. I want to apply for the visa. Please what do I do? What documents do I need to submit?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
Estherkafi:
Hi everyone. I'm kinda new here. My husband stays in the UK. But I'm here in Nigeria. I'm planning to put in my visa so that I can go join him over there. Please what are the requirements for the spouse visa? Can somebody help me? I have seen some successful ones here and I decided to ask. Please I want mine to be successful too.

First and foremost, welcome to Nairaland school of spousal visa. Our lecturers will soon attend to u. Pay attention to the instructions and ur will never remain the same. Oya lecturer's over to una. @ Lexusgx430 and Justwise

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
Estherkafi:

Have you bought handouts (reading loads of pages on this thread)?
All the answers you seek are already in this Nairaland's University of spousal visa handout)

Get yourself a crate of pepsi or zobo, one box of gala, 3 pens and loads of paper.

If unclear on any points in this handout, post specific questions for clarifications.....

Stand up..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
Estherkafi:
Hi, pls what are the requirements for UK spouse visa application. I'm kinda confused. Pls can someone put me through.

Have you read the full contents of this thread? No skipping pages and no expo......

The more you read, the better your understanding. It's like missing an episode of telemundo, you would not understand the full storyline....

Read, jot points, assimilate and understand........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phebesfab(f): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2017
This is the link
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Feeyonce:

Congrats Phoebe and Mr BB. Please kindly send the Uk vi link you tracked your application on. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
Please urgent h elp. I have tried to no avail to pay for my visa application. IHS fee went through easily with GTB naira mastercard. The visa fee is just not going , i am using hubby's UK card , tried my own santander account too. enough funds in both, pls help. just says unsuccessful and we are clueless. even though barclays sent message saying confirm you were making this payment, hubby responded yes, nothing still.

whats my next option, can i pay cash anywhere or what
Ikeja says no payment in person. does VI allow? should i Do that and how, take the cash or use my card or what?

I'm tired. pls help

Realgeo:

First and foremost, welcome to Nairaland school of spousal visa. Our lecturers will soon attend to u. Pay attention to the instructions and ur will never remain the same. Oya lecturer's over to una. @ Lexusgx430 and Justwise
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
subomi2:
Please urgent h elp. I have tried to no avail to pay for my visa application. IHS fee went through easily with GTB naira mastercard. The visa fee is just not going , i am using hubby's UK card , tried my own santander account too. enough funds in both, pls help. just says unsuccessful and we are clueless. even though barclays sent message saying confirm you were making this payment, hubby responded yes, nothing still.

Ikeja says no payment in person. does VI allow? should i Do that and how, take the cash or use my card or what?

I'm tired. pls help

No cash payments allowed unfortunately. Why not transfer monies to an alternate card and facilitate transfer?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
subomi2:

I'm tired. pls help

What is IHS payment again. I think it's only the visa fee through the visa4uk.fco.gov.uk website. Please enlighten me.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Since the property is an HMO, a property inspection report, is a must......

Her bank statement and payslips would have her residential address, letter from the landlord, tenancy agreement (hopefully the inspection report would be positive).

Does she have her name on any of the utility bills?

Thank you lexusgs for you kind response she does not have her name on any of the bills.
She has gone to change the address on the bank to reflect the new address,but the payslip does not have her address on it any problem with that
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 8:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
teejay231:

The most important accommodation documents for spouse visa application with rented accommodation are the letter from the landlord/tenancy agreement and property inspection report. Bills are not required until the FLR stage to prove cohabitation. Then you will need to provide joint or separate bills with the same address.

Thank you teejay231 I appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lamakinde:
What is IHS payment again. I think it's only the visa fee through the visa4uk.fco.gov.uk website. Please enlighten me.

NHS payment benefits....... Without paying the IHS fee, no spousal application process......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
readynow:

Thank you lexusgs for you kind response she does not have her name on any of the bills.
She has gone to change the address on the bank to reflect the new address,but the payslip does not have her address on it any problem with that

I would personally advice having bank statements and payslips, at the sponsors residential address.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uglyduckling: 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
Estherkafi:
The first question is: is he a citizen or on a PBS visa himself. Because that will determine the kind of application you will put in.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
Finally done it o bruff . Thanks a lot. Hubbys uk card finally went through.

Pls the introduction letter from British partner to ECO , please how do we address it.... hubby just wrote, to Entry Clearance officer......

I feel it should say where, like you say the British high commissioner, the British embassy, Walter carrington......

Pls help.

Lexusgs430:

No cash payments allowed unfortunately. Why not transfer monies to an alternate card and facilitate transfer?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

NHS payment benefits....... Without paying the IHS fee, no spousal application process......
Ah........... I get it. Went to read it up on the UKVI website. Thanks. Still waiting for UK NARIC.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
Hello house, anyone ever took the IELTS Life Skills A1 test in Abuja? I need their address pls.
Thanks!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 9:40am On Aug 04, 2017
ronvlaar:
Hello house, anyone ever took the IELTS Life Skills A1 test in Abuja? I need their address pls.
Thanks!

Found it!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obiw24(f): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2017
MrBBBB:
My good people,

Passport collected and visa ISSUED!!!!!

Dont know how to thank this forum. You all have been amazing and a blessing. I pray for all who are expecting to have the reason to smile like i did when i opened my passport

I will be posting my timeline soon

Regards

Congrats.
I'm sure you're on the next flight to London.
I'm happy for you bro

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

please help me, I have sent all supporting documents to hubby in the UK o
. Now i am reading that i need to take them all to TLS whn going for biometric.....so they can scan them?? i read here that they wont collect supporting docs from you that they will ask you to send them to partner who will now send to sheffield , so i have been sending all docs in bits to him o.

Please help, is it true??

What am i really to take along to the TLS for biometrics.....i hope i dont have high BP before someone responds....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2017
Mr BBBB, Real GEO, Teejay, everyone who just got visas please what did you do.

subomi2:

i have sent all docs to hubby in UK already. Biometrics is next week. Now i am reading that i need to take them all to TLS whn going for biometric.....so they can scan them?? i read here that they wont collect supporting docs from you that they will ask you to send them to partner who will now send to sheffield , so i have been sending all docs in bits to him o.

What am i really to take along to the TLS for biometrics.....i hope i dont have high BP before someone responds....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 11:29am On Aug 04, 2017
subomi2:
. Now i am reading that i need to take them all to TLS whn going for biometric.....so they can scan them?? i read here that they wont collect supporting docs from you that they will ask you to send them to partner who will now send to sheffield , so i have been sending all docs in bits to him o.

The only thing that will be collected from you is your international passport and online application confirmation. But u can as well go with your IHS payment confirmation and appointment confirmation. Every other documents should be sent to Sheffield office.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2017
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2017
ok bruff but do i need to go with all my original supporting docs, cos it means i need hubby to send them all back nowwwww....i may looose my biometric appointment..

pls help.

Realgeo:

The only thing that will be collected from you is your international passport and online application confirmation. But u can as well go with your IHS payment confirmation and appointment confirmation. Every other documents should be sent to Sheffield office.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
subomi2:
ok bruff but do i need to go with all my original supporting docs, cos it means i need hubby to send them all back nowwwww....i may looose my biometric appointment..

pls help.

U do not need to go with any original documents. Your hubby should arrange and send it to their Sheffield office within 2 weeks of your biometric appointment.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
subomi2:

All major documentations gets submitted at Sheffield no scanning of supporting documents.

What is required for biometric? Are all your fingers still intact? Do you have receipt of payments? Passport?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2017
subomi2:

All you need for biometrics is your current passport, printed online application form, application fee payment receipt, two passport photos and appointment confirmation. They will probably only take your passport and first page of the application form.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
subomi2:

pls help.

All original documents get sent to Sheffield including copies of your old passport if available. Even in countries where scanning is available, there's the option to still send to Sheffield. One lady was refused recently cos the VFS employee failed to scan most of her documents without her knowledge. She was refused for not including supporting documents even though she did. So even though TLS Nigeria starts the scanning option for settlement visa, I will advice to send directly to Sheffield.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrBBBB: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2017
My Timeline:

Country applying from: Abuja -Nigeria (PRIORITY)
Online Application submitted: 5 May 2017
Biometrics taken: 8 May 2017
Docs and Application received in Sheffield :16th May 22017
Email confirmation from Sheffield: No email confirmation (was tracked)
Email from Sheffield:sent an email 13th July and got a response on the 14th July saying " Awaiting Decision"
Decision made: July 30th 2017
Mail from TLS : August 1st 2017
Passport received:August 2nd 2017

For those applying, this can be a guide for your supporting documents . Below are the documents i sumbitted with my applications

Documents provided by me
• Spousal Application form duly filled and signed
• My passport
• VAF 4A form
• Marriage Certificate
• Letter from employer
• Pay slip from September 2016 –March 2017
• Offer of Employment
• UK Master’s Degree Certificate as a proof of English Language requirement
• Statement of Account from October 2016 to April 2017
• A picture collage of various phases of our dating and marriage
• Screenshot of Emails between us as far back as 2011 till date
• Screenshot of Skype History
• WhatsApp History
• Wedding Contract and Pro-forma Invoice from the Ritz Carlton, Abu Dhabi
• Flight tickets showing our trips to the United Kingdom, Nigeria , South Africa and the UAE
• Hotel Reservation Email for us in Abu Dhabi
• Birthday Dinner reservation email for my birthday in at Hakkasan Restaurant in Dubai on the 4th of August 2015
• Two (2) proof of ownership certificate and pictures for my Vehicles (To be sold off as that would give us more funds to assist myself and wife and some professional courses and training pending when I gain full time employment in the UK)
• Refusal Letter for application for Tier 1 post study visa with reference case ID -11891510
• Police report for the Old/expired passport with the data page and my Tier 1 Work Visa
• A thank you note to our guests who attended our wedding
• A Purchase Receipt of my wife Engagement ring that bought in June 2015

List of Documents provided by my wife :
• Supporting statement
• Company Tax Return CT600 Mar 2016- Feb 2017
• Incorporation Certificate from Companies House
• Directors report And Financial Statements- Year Ended 28 Feb 2017
• Certificate of confirmation from Accountant
• Business Bank statements Mar 2016- April 2017
• Personal Bank Statements Mar 2016- April 2017
• Current Appointment Report from Companies House
• Certificate of VAT registration
• VAT returns covering Mar 2016- Feb 2017
• HMRC Proof of registration- PAYE & National Insurance
• Payslips covering Mar 2016- Feb 2017
• P60 End of Year certificate
• SA302 2016-17
• Self-Assessment Tax Return (SA100) 2016-17
• Dividend Vouchers covering Mar 2016- Feb 2017
• Utility Bill- Water
• Tenancy Agreement
• No objection letter from Landlord
• Passport data page

Good luck to all who are waiting patiently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrBBBB: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
lol. i leave month ending. need to sort myself out before moving sir
obiw24:

Congrats.
I'm sure you're on the next flight to London.
I'm happy for you bro
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obiw24(f): 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
@Realgeo when did you do your biometrics?

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.