Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041591 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On Jul 30, 2017
zymanda:

Sorry for responding late as my network has been poor.
I don't know in details the documents he submitted but I know there were complete because he went through his accountant and even after the ECM review refusal he took the documents to a lawyer who confirmed his documents are complete but maybe they calculated it technically, been self employed he doesn't receive a fix amount, he can get less for a month and get double or more the next. We met 2015 Feb but due to change of phone I don't have WhatsApp record from 2015 until Jan 2017 when I entered naija. But we have Skype record from 2015-2016 Dec. Fortunately he was able to retrieve our WhatsApp chat from Jan 2016-2017. We don't have records of him giving me money while I was in France because I was working and didn't need it then but we have records from when I came into Nigeria as my upkeep as I have not been working. We sent them more pictures and more WhatsApp records from Jan till date.
Pls do u think we have any chance on the appeal? we choosed paper appeal because it doesn't take that much time. If we are to reapply it's the same financial document he will give. What are our options Plssssss.

Your chances at appeal would be greatly enhanced, if you submit 200% more related documents, than you initially submitted.....

Appeal is meant to be a turbo charged re-application....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:35am On Jul 30, 2017
Phebesfab:
Hello guys smiley I got a mail from TLS on Friday , I'll be going to Ikeja on Monday to pick up my passport. Good luck to everyone.

I wish you luck.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phebesfab(f): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2017
Thank you
Lexusgs430:

I wish you luck.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

YES

Thanks my good man. I had to go back into many threads to find out that even some degree holders also require English language proficiency test. Nja is not one of the countries that they accept as English speaking...

So, how can one go about doing this test: recognisable certificate, TEFL, TOEFL, ielts or which other ones is acceptable for UK immigration? And where can one do this in Ogun, Lagos or Oyo states?
Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
chrisj2:
Hi folks,

Does a partner/spouse need an English Language proficiency test just to go and join a partner/spouse in the UK.

The Nigerian partner does not have higher education certificate.

Thanks

Yes. IELTS A1. IELTS B1 for FLR after the first 2.5 years.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
tayeby78:
None that I can think of. Do you think that can pose as a risk?

You only need a letter from your mum stating that you are allowed to live there with your spouse. You also need to the land registry document to prove that the house belongs to your mum and also an inspection report to show there will be no overcrowding. Utility bills are NOT required for spousal visa applications only for the FLR application after the first 30 months. You probably also have to explain in the additional section or cover letter that you will be living in your mums house. The letter, land registry documents and inspection report should be enough.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lamakinde:
Goodday all, am new to this forum. Am in the process of applying for the settlement spousal visa. Am just waiting for my UK NARIC English competence report. Will I have to add my original B.Sc. Cert or the true certified copy by the High Court along with the proficiency letter and the UK NARIC letter?
I intend to apply in August once the Letter is out. Thanks as your advice will be appreciated.
Also, on my spouse/wife's employment letter the salary is stated as well as the HCA (Home care allowance) which addition makes well above the minimum financial requirements. Is it alright? And with the recent August 10 changes, I have well over 15k pounds in personal savings. Can someone help to clarify this? Thanks
Please yet to get any help on this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
Phebesfab:
Hello guys smiley I got a mail from TLS on Friday , I'll be going to Ikeja on Monday to pick up my passport. Good luck to everyone.

Good report awaits u. Congratulations on advance!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zymanda: 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Your chances at appeal would be greatly enhanced, if you submit 200% more related documents, than you initially submitted.....

Appeal is meant to be a turbo charged re-application....

Thanks so much @Lexusgs430. Yes we gave them everything we got concerning relationship, both uk visa page on my passport, flight ticket to and from UK France by me and hubby, but financially we gave them nothing more as my hubby gave them everything initially and the ECM also quoted not to include additional supporting documents. When I talk to him later today I will get the list of financial documents he sent.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lamakinde:

The £15k savings plays no relevance in this application. If you had about £60K untouched for 6 months, then it would be a useful addition.

Do you have the P60 issued in 2017? Do you have bank statements with BACS payment and activities? Do you have 6 months bank statements? And is your yearly collective earnings above the stipulated figure? Are you employed/self employed or limited liability?

Is the £15K savings from applicant or sponsor?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
teejay231:

Yes. IELTS A1. IELTS B1 for FLR after the first 2.5 years.

Thanks again.

One more thing... What is involved with bringing a step child?
Does the child have to be legally adopted or will a consent from the biological father be enough? (It will be a shame to tear a mother from her child...)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lamakinde:

I think you should include original documents wherever possible.

As per the financial requirements, you need to under which category your sponsor falls under. If she has been employed by the same employer for over 6 months, then you must include her pay slips and bank statement for the 6 months prior to your application and the last month no later than 28 days.

The August 10 changes will mostly focus on couples with children and some exceptional circumstances. I will advise that you include a 12 month bank statement for the applicant as well as a statement clarifying source of funds and any additional proof that funds do indeed belong to you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
chrisj2:

Thanks again.

One more thing... What is involved with bringing a step child?
Does the child have to be legally adopted or will a consent from the biological father be enough? (It will be a shame to tear a mother from her child...)

No adoption or consent required. Financial requirements go up to around £22,400 or so. Same application as mother but separate. Also, I think you can't pay the NHS fee until they are reviewing your application and contact you to do so.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The £15k savings plays no relevance in this application. If you had about £60K untouched for 6 months, then it would be a useful addition.

Do you have the P60 issued in 2017? Do you have bank statements with BACS payment and activities? Do you have 6 months bank statements? And is your yearly collective earnings above the stipulated figure? Are you employed/self employed or limited liability?

Is the £15K savings from applicant or sponsor?
Thanks for the reply,the savings is from me as the applicant. My wife has got her P60 for 2016 and 2017 and she earn more than the 18600 personally without my own yearly earning which in addition to mine is much more. She has her printed six month's bank statements and also payslips. She works in an NHS hospital since 2015 and has letter to that effect from the HR.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lamakinde:
Thanks for the reply,the savings is from me as the applicant. My wife has got her P60 for 2016 and 2017 and she earn more than the 18600 personally without my own yearly earning which in addition to mine is much more. She has her printed six month's bank statements and also payslips. She works in an NHS hospital since 2015 and has letter to that effect from the HR.

Your savings plays no part in this application, you are not submitting your bank statement for this application.

Is she a full time staff or agency?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
teejay231:

I think you should include original documents wherever possible.

As per the financial requirements, you need to under which category your sponsor falls under. If she has been employed by the same employer for over 6 months, then you must include her pay slips and bank statement for the 6 months prior to your application and the last month no later than 28 days.

The August 10 changes will mostly focus on couples with children and some exceptional circumstances. I will advise that you include a 12 month bank statement for the applicant as well as a statement clarifying source of funds and any additional proof that funds do indeed belong to you.
I will go ahead and include all original documents. As stated earlier, she works in same place since 2015 and have told her to get the payslips and statements of account which she says doesn't matter (been British), thinks all that is formality. I insisted saying we should put all rather than to be told why you are refused. Thanks I will do that. Just waiting for UK NARIC which delayed because they couldn't view my MOI(Mode of instruction from University registry) which I have to reload on getting notification after 10 days of payment and uploading of docs. Told to wait another 10 days. Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Your savings plays no part in this application, you are not submitting your bank statement for this application.

Is she a full time staff or agency?
Full time, not agency. Ok, then I will leave my account off it. Thought it was required in the new changes.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lamakinde:
I will go ahead and include all original documents. As stated earlier, she works in same place since 2015 and have told her to get the payslips and statements of account which she says doesn't matter (been British), thinks all that is formality. I insisted saying we should put all rather than to be told why you are refused. Thanks I will do that. Just waiting for UK NARIC which delayed because they couldn't view my MOI(Mode of instruction from University registry) which I have to reload on getting notification after 10 days of payment and uploading of docs. Told to wait another 10 days. Thanks.

Bank statements and payslips does not matter because she is British ?
So only foreigners submit bank statements and wage slips ?
How would the case worker calculate her true earnings?
How would the case worker ascertain her financials without documentary proof ?

It seems the sponsor is not taking this application seriously.....

YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING, BY SEEKING CLARIFICATIONS ........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lamakinde:

Full time, not agency. Ok, then I will leave my account off it. Thought it was required in the new changes.

If your sponsor meets the financial and surpasses the financial threshold requirements, your financial status not required .....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lamakinde:

Infact, I would advice you to draw up a list of all required documents and tick the list off, after you have seen documentary proof of existence......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
My bank statements and driving license bares the address. I am also registered to vote at the same address.

Lexusgs430:

How do you show some connection to the address?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
tayeby78:
My bank statements and driving license bares the address. I am also registered to vote at the same address.

Good to go. All that is left is a letter from your landlord and if necessary property inspection report.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
Thanks Teejay231
teejay231:

You only need a letter from your mum stating that you are allowed to live there with your spouse. You also need to the land registry document to prove that the house belongs to your mum and also an inspection report to show there will be no overcrowding. Utility bills are NOT required for spousal visa applications only for the FLR application after the first 30 months. You probably also have to explain in the additional section or cover letter that you will be living in your mums house. The letter, land registry documents and inspection report should be enough.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Infact, I would advice you to draw up a list of all required documents and tick the list off, after you have seen documentary proof of existence......
Thanks Lexusgs430, that is what I'm doing with her this evening. We are going through everything. She has gone ahead to get all the banks statements after I insisted telling her that she needs to hear stories from people who have been refused based on all these. Once again thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lamakinde:

Thanks Lexusgs430, that is what I'm doing with her this evening. We are going through everything. She has gone ahead to get all the banks statements after I insisted telling her that she needs to hear stories from people who have been refused based on all these. Once again thanks.

And remember the 28 day rule for wage slips and bank statements...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
Phebesfab:

Wooowwww!!!!! This is exciting I can imagine the joy, the wait is over wishing you all the best . grin >:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
teejay231:

No adoption or consent required. Financial requirements go up to around £22,400 or so. Same application as mother but separate. Also, I think you can't pay the NHS fee until they are reviewing your application and contact you to do so.

Thanks. That will mean two lots of payments for two separate applications - na wa o! Sigh...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obiw24(f): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
Phebesfab:

Congrats. We are all anticipating the good news....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

And remember the 28 day rule for wage slips and bank statements...
Noted

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obiw24(f): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
Has anyone heard from @MrBBb?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tozdi1990: 12:07am On Jul 31, 2017
I was refused a Uk Visa last Year December in the refusal letter to visit my wife
I have noticed you both are married but theres no evidence to prove your conversation either after or before marriage ..
you submitted a bank statement which was rescently loaded with a large sum of money before you applying
Pleasw that statement was my uncle statement to support me because i didnr have a bank statement at then
They said i have no strong ties in my own country
I want to apply again can i have someone different support me or i still have to you that same uncles statement and explain why it had that large amount the other time i was refused
Is it compulsory to use that same statement and explain
What steps should i take when reapplying please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:21am On Jul 31, 2017
tozdi1990:
I was refused a Uk Visa last Year December in the refusal letter to visit my wife
I have noticed you both are married but theres no evidence to prove your conversation either after or before marriage ..
you submitted a bank statement which was rescently loaded with a large sum of money before you applying
Pleasw that statement was my uncle statement to support me because i didnr have a bank statement at then
They said i have no strong ties in my own country
I want to apply again can i have someone different support me or i still have to you that same uncles statement and explain why it had that large amount the other time i was refused
Is it compulsory to use that same statement and explain
What steps should i take when reapplying please

You are based in Nigeria and your wife based in the United kingdom?
- Is your wife a legal or illegal immigrant?
- Why are you applying for a visiting visa?
- Why not apply for a spousal visa?
- Does she have documents to support a spousal visa, application?
- What role did she play in your visiting visa application?
- What is her take on you, applying for a spousal visa application?
- Church marriage, registry marriage, family marriage or traditional marriage?

For now, answer this questions. Then we proceed to next stage of probing.....

Unfortunately, would not know how to advice or answer your listed questions otherwise..........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.