Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039545 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
Bond140:
Hello my people. God is so good to me, pls join me thank Him. I picked my passport today and it was a positive outcome! I was so scared of the outcome because I mistakenly registered and wrote the wrong English test. Instead of life skill test, I took the general ielts!!.I had to write to them informing them I'm processing UK Naric which they didn't wait for before making decision.
Thanks to Lexus, justwise and other people who helped in one way or another.. I'm grateful, pls continue saving lives.
Timeline:
Biometrics 26/9/2017
Document to Sheffield 27/9/2016
Decision email 16/12/2017
Pick up 19/12/2017
No calls, no additional document request.

Congratulations, more celebrations to come.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Bond140:
Hello my people. God is so good to me, pls join me thank Him. I picked my passport today and it was a positive outcome! I was so scared of the outcome because I mistakenly registered and wrote the wrong English test. Instead of life skill test, I took the general ielts!!.I had to write to them informing them I'm processing UK Naric which they didn't wait for before making decision.
Thanks to Lexus, justwise and other people who helped in one way or another.. I'm grateful, pls continue saving lives.
Timeline:
Biometrics 26/9/2017
Pick up 19/12/2017

Congratulations....... Now Bond, James Bond. Pay your 30% tithe......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Bond140:
Timeline:
Biometrics 26/9/2017
Pick up 19/12/2017

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
foxyvisa:
@justwise please I need your counsel. Hubby is requesting I obtain police report/police character certificate for immigration from Nigeria Police HQ. Says it's necessary for obtaining employment on arrival in the UK, else I might have to wait for 6 months before working inorder to get a UK police report. Please, how acurate is this?

Wife told me the same thing to make sure to get it... I guess you can get a police report at d Nigerian high commission in the uk but u need to be ready to fork out close to £600 so it's a rip of and easy to get here in Nigeria for much much less.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 4:56am On Dec 20, 2017
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=63438344]

Congratulations....... Now Bond, James Bond. Pay your 30% tithe...... [/quote

Thank you baba. I will pay 100 folds smiley wink]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by spiceymma: 5:31am On Dec 20, 2017
Wow!!!! Congrats to you. It's not easy o jare. We tnk God for you. Now your 2017 ended on a very very glorious note.

Congrats in advance to us waiting. We shall hear our own positive news soon.

Merry Xmas!!!!

Bond140:
Timeline:
Biometrics 26/9/2017
Pick up 19/12/2017
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:51am On Dec 20, 2017
[quote author=Bond140 post=63441733][/quote]

Since its coming in 100 folds, best to send in hot, raw and crisp £50 bills...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by richdopeboi: 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello house it is me again I would like to know if someone who stays in Dubai can apply for spouse visa from there .thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Since its coming in 100 folds, best to send in hot, raw and crisp £50 bills...........

Lol. Me when never start to earn £. How will I pay?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bond140:

Lol. Me when never start to earn £. How will I pay?

UOUS....... When you start the work nah......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
richdopeboi:
Hello house it is me again I would like to know if someone who stays in Dubai can apply for spouse visa from there .thanks

A few complications...........

1 - You main passport is from what Country?
2 - What's your immigration status in dubai?
3- Where does your sponsor reside?

Complete this assignment first, then we move to lecture 2.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by richdopeboi: 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
Main passport from Nigeria- working in Dubai via work permit visa - sponsor in the uk . Oga boss
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2017
richdopeboi:
Main passport from Nigeria- working in Dubai via work permit visa - sponsor in the uk . Oga boss

Return to your home country to initiate a spousal visa application............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2017
spiceymma:

Wow!!!! Congrats to you. It's not easy o jare. We tnk God for you. Now your 2017 ended on a very very glorious note.

Congrats in advance to us waiting. We shall hear our own positive news soon.

Merry Xmas!!!!

Wish you all the best!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 8:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello house. Please I need to know if its compulsory to leave from Nigeria. I'm seeing tickets cheaper from Togo and Ghana. Would I be penalised if I fly from neighboring country?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
yow17:

Congratulations!!!!! God is Great.

Wow big congrats.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bond140:
Hello house. Please I need to know if its compulsory to leave from Nigeria. I'm seeing tickets cheaper from Togo and Ghana. Would I be penalised if I fly from neighboring country?

Are you from Ijebu?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bond140:

Have you tried looking from the UK? And simply buy the flight from the UK?

Have you looked at medview's prices?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Are you from Ijebu?

Yes oo. To buy tickets for 4 at this time is not a child's play. Pls is it appropriate?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Have you tried looking from the UK? And simply buy the flight from the UK?

Have you looked at medview's prices?
I don't trust medview cos my experience with arik is still fresh, they are birds of same feather.
Pls any one with neighboring experience should talk o
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2017
Bond140:

Yes oo. To buy tickets for 4 at this time is not a child's play. Pls is it appropriate?

You can route your flight however you desire, your final destination is either LHR, LGW, STD or LCY.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:38am On Dec 21, 2017
Bond140:

I don't trust medview cos my experience with arik is still fresh, they are birds of same feather.
Pls any one with neighboring experience should talk o

Medview is not that bad... They also have a newer plane in their fleet now.......

Medview might delay departures, but they would still take off (even offer you jollof rice and pounded yam on board).....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 10:12am On Dec 21, 2017
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=63478016]

Medview is not that bad... They also have a newer plane in their fleet now.......

Medview might delay departures, but they would still take off (even offer you jollof rice and pounded yam on board)..... [/quote

Ok I will check them out and weigh my options.. Thanks oga mi
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2017
Good morning house I want to mail supporting docs to spouse so she can send off after my biometrics here...does anyone know the arrangement order and what and what I need to include.. because she will just be sending it off so I want to arrange everything already before it gets to her. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 11:00am On Dec 21, 2017
Phoenix77:
Good morning house I want to mail supporting docs to spouse so she can send off after my biometrics here...does anyone know the arrangement order and what and what I need to include.. because she will just be sending it off so I want to arrange everything already before it gets to her. Thanks

You will be informed on how to arrange your documents after biometrics by email and a paper after capturing. Wait for it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mamarazi1: 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
Working Day 12 of priority application.
It will all end in testimony!
Good luck to us all smiley

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
GodandVal:
God has done it!!! This God is too much. Just picked up my passport and the entry clearance/visa in there *dancing******

After everything he has done it for me and He will do for those waiting as well. Below is my timeline:

Type of application: Settlement(wife) but I put in Settlement marriage(mistake)- Priority
Application Submitted: 28 September 2017
Biometrics: October 4, 2017
Sent for Decision : October 4, 2017
Application received by UK Immigration: October 5, 2017
Supporting Documents sent to Sheffield: October 10, 2017
After coming across this topic on Nairaland, I realized the mistake I made in my application by choosing Settlement-marriage instead of Settlement-Wife and it was already too late for another application.
Wrote them a letter explaining the error and asking them for the IHS link : October 24,2017
Surprisingly got a an email requesting for payment for the IHS : November 22, 2017 (I leaped for joy)
Decision made email : December 1, 2017
Collection Email: December 4, 2017
Picked up : Today, Dec 5, 2017

Thank you to everyone that shared their experiences and everyone in the house. So excited!!!!

Baba God, Thank You.

P.s. I thought paying for Priority would mean faster process but all the same I’m happy.

Congrats GodandVal!!! I’m extremely excited and happy for you.

It’s very nice to know that HO were kind enough to grant you settlement-Wife visa inspite of completing the settlement-marriage application form.

I was particularly looking out for your visa decision.

Paying for priority means faster process. I used priority and may application took about 1 month, as against 4 months for normal applications. I think yours had a slight delay due to the error. All the same I’m sure a positive decision trumps the extra few weeks wait time.

The wait must have been excruciating. Welcome to the UK.

Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 11:11am On Dec 23, 2017
Phoenix77:

https://static.tlscontact.com/media/global/africa/uk/west_africa-settlement.pdf?_ga=2.20007224.1607518322.1512063781-1215093775.1510419526

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
House pls... getting ready for my biometrics... need to know what and what to take along? Any pointers pls. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mamalicious: 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
Merry Xmas everyone . You dont need to take anytin for your biometrics. Just your passport , appointment print out. Even if you carry evrytin they wnt take it from you. You are expected to send dem to your spouse in the UK who would mail it to Home office. Well that is what i was told and that is what i did. I sent all the docs i had here to my hubby tru DHL and he got it 2 days after. Immediately he added his after arranging it well and sent it to them through Royal mail and they got it the next day.

I hope i answered your question.

Phoenix77:
House pls... getting ready for my biometrics... need to know what and what to take along? Any pointers pls. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 8:48am On Dec 24, 2017
Mamalicious:

Merry Xmas everyone . You dont need to take anytin for your biometrics. Just your passport , appointment print out. Even if you carry evrytin they wnt take it from you. You are expected to send dem to your spouse in the UK who would mail it to Home office. Well that is what i was told and that is what i did. I sent all the docs i had here to my hubby tru DHL and he got it 2 days after. Immediately he added his after arranging it well and sent it to them through Royal mail and they got it the next day.

I hope i answered your question.

Yes you did.. thanks much

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
Merry Christmas in advance everyone and to us applying in 2018 may we find favour. Happy holidays

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.