Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041355 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by VeveC: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
Minnienellie24:

Hi @Dydaa Just to point something out from your post "I did my masters in d UK so dnt nid d NARIC cert or ielts!" I would advise that to be on a safe side, you get the NARIC certificate even though you had studied in the UK. We have seen cases where those that presented just their UK M.Sc certificates without the NARIC got refused. Better safe than sorry. Good-luck with your application.

Very true. Just last month or so an English teacher who equally did her Masters program in the UK was refused settlement visa on the grounds that she only submitted her certificate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aquaman84: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
Please who can help me with the information for ikoyi court marriage? My fiancee is white (UK). And how much? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 9:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
Aquaman84:
Please who can help me with the information for ikoyi court marriage? My fiancee is white (UK). And how much? Thanks
Go there and ask for Mrs Christie, she will help you out. She helped me when i did mine.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
Na wa for d confusion ds ppl put applicants thru sha.
Ok. So I tried applying and filling out the naric form and where it stated country of study i filled UK and this popped up.
Someone help explain plz.
deji2009:

I’ll advice you to have UK Naric or contact UKVI.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ManlikeTee: 1:35am On Sep 14, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Why don't you time your application perfectly, so you submit your application at a time when your card is not required or alternatively, pay for priority application?

All important documents you submit, must be original.....

Oga Lexus.. Thanks boss.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:40am On Sep 14, 2018
ManlikeTee:

Oga Lexus.. Thanks boss.

You suppose carry me go Europe o, My Oga......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bourne007(m): 9:10am On Sep 14, 2018
The simple fact is that you will meet the English language requirement if you have obtained an academic qualification which is either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK.

I will suggest that on a separate note, explain the rules and how you meet up with the English requirement. If you have to print a page and highlight it, that should do.

Dydaa:
Ok. So I tried applying and filling out the naric form and where it stated country of study i filled UK and this popped up.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sholeola23: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
Am really stressed out. Today is the deadline day for judge to get back to us. Called the court today. The clerk told me judges don't have deadline. She told me wife she will get back to us after 28 days from 1st of August. This is too much
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2018
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

This isnt the only forum i also belong to...its in their rules on the website, if u have a cert frm d uk u are exempted frm ielts or naric and u also hv the opportunity to give a good explanation on the application form..anyone that got refused based on putting their uk cert was a mistake on the part of the eco...

This is true, Naric are for certificates issued outside the UK
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
VeveC:

Very true. Just last month or so an English teacher who equally did her Masters program in the UK was refused settlement visa on the grounds that she only submitted her certificate.

That is totally different case, you don't need naric if your certificate is from the UK
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
Can someone help out plz?

Dydaa:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
Yea i hv an MBA. Uni Gloucestershire!
Ok. Tnx. Will do that
Bourne007:
The simple fact is that you will meet the English language requirement if you have obtained an academic qualification which is either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK.

I will suggest that on a separate note, explain the rules and how you meet up with the English requirement. If you have to print a page and highlight it, that should do.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
Dydaa:

Hello guys,
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU DO NOT NEED NARIC ASSESSMENT IF YOU HAVE A DEGREE (BSC/MSC/PHD) FROM A RECOGNIZED UK INSTITUTION.

To prove your English language exemption based on the information in bold above, you are expected to submit originals and copies of your UK degree certificate and transcript. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST SUBMIT BOTH THE CERTIFICATE AND TRANSCRIPT.

All the best @Dydaa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TrumpsWall: 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2018
LOL

UKVI specifically say original degree certificate only. Bros dey add transcript as well lol.

It is well cheesy

oxygyne:

Hello guys,
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU DO NOT NEED NARIC ASSESSMENT IF YOU HAVE A DEGREE (BSC/MSC/PHD) FROM A RECOGNIZED UK INSTITUTION.

To prove your English language exemption based on the information in bold above, you are expected to submit originals and copies of your UK degree certificate and transcript. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST SUBMIT BOTH THE CERTIFICATE AND TRANSCRIPT.

All the best @Dydaa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
TrumpsWall:
LOL

UKVI specifically say original degree certificate only. Bros dey add transcript as well lol.

It is well cheesy

lol.... this is over £3000 on the line but please note that I am only talking from my experience and this is a personal opinion. I maintain a disclaimer that I am not a UKBA or UKVI officer nor do I claim to know more than anyone else in this group.

However;
1. I have read stories of people including just the certificate and getting denied for English language requirement.
2. The transcript provides actual evidence that you were taught courses in English language that led to the degree certificate.

So why give yourself the heartache of possible denial when you can add a few more papers and have peace of mind. Hence I maintain my position: PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU SHOULD ENDEAVOR TO SUBMIT BOTH THE CERTIFICATE AND TRANSCRIPT
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
God bless U. Phew! I have both. Cert nd transcript originals! Wil include.
I appreciate
oxygyne:

Hello guys,

All the best @Dydaa

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
Hi Guys jst started filling out d forms. i came across this somewhere but cant rem wat page and wat advice was given. "Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities". Plz wat exactly do they mean?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by KunmiRoxitaLTD: 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2018
KunmiRoxitaLTD:
Please guys I need a good information

Am a graduate and getting married soon,
And I have plan to travel outside nigeria after marriage

Please from your experience ,
Which ways do you think I can use to get visa ?
What re the requirements
What re the cost

I really need your advice and guidance

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2018
Dydaa:
Hi Guys jst started filling out d forms. i came across this somewhere but cant rem wat page and wat advice was given. "Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities". Plz wat exactly do they mean?

Una get wetin dey chop una money together?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
Dydaa:

Straightforward question for shared financial responsibilities such as
1. bills (household, groceries)
2. Rent
3. Splurge money
4. Travel expenses
5. Mutual savings
6. Financial support
7. Wedding expenses, etc.

This is my own interpretation but please note that you do not compulsorily need to have shared financial responsibilities.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2018
Lay mans language abi? Lol. We get pikin together oo. Could that b all it means? Every oda bill na him dey sort oo. But dnt want them asking fr proof i cant provide so nid to b sure
Lexusgs430:

Una get wetin dey chop una money together?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
Dydaa:
Lay mans language abi? Lol. We get pikin together oo. Coukd that b all it means? Every ida bill na him dey sort oo. But dnt want them asking fr proof i cant provide so nid to b sure

If nah una pickin dey chop una money together, nah wetin u go write be dat.

Just incase den ask am for phone interview.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Riribliss: 11:02am On Sep 19, 2018
Hello Everyone. My spouse was denied his visa and applied for an Administrative Review. He got a mail that the administrative review is successful and the decision has been overturned, and will be contacted further on what to do. Please has anyone gone through this process before? What’s the time frame?
Responses will be very much appreciated.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:58am On Sep 19, 2018
Riribliss:
Hello Everyone. My spouse was denied his visa and applied for an Administrative Review. He got a mail that the administrative review is successful and the decision has been overturned, and will be contacted further on what to do. Please has anyone gone through this process before? What’s the time frame?
Responses will be very much appreciated.

Congratulations.......

2/4 months wait period ......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 11:38am On Sep 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations.......

2/4 months wait period ......

Hi All, I called UKVI today cos yesterday made it 60WD for my son and I. And they said a decision has been even if they didn’t send an email who knows how long they would get back to us to come and pick our passports?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2018
Launna29:

Hi All, I called UKVI today cos yesterday made it 60WD for my son and I. And they said a decision has been even if they didn’t send an email who knows how long they would get back to us to come and pick our passports?

Hopefully within a fortnight .....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stargirl1628(f): 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
Finally its a big YES...
Bio- 19th July (standard from Nigeria).
IHS link sent on 10th Aug and I paid same day.
An email recvd for consideration same day.
19th Sept-- email received for collection.
Passport collected today 20th Sept
Documents are yet to be received though d email I recvd yesterday stated that passport and documents are ready for collection but on getting there, I was only given d pp. D returning envelope bears Hubby's name n address and I'm wondering why they didn't send it to him.
No enquiry calls
The 45 WD was not an easy one bcus I made a mistake during submission. I didn't put my docs in polypockets and stapled most of the docs.. It was after submission I got to know about this group and saw the rules; thus my BP increased but I had no option than to pray fervently for favour.. At last the will of God prevailed in my case. Vignette is 10 Nov to 11 Dec. For those waiting, keep trusting God for the unmerited favour.... I want to thank Lexus for his advice regarding NARIC and that really helped a lot if not we would have wasted a lot of money...

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
stargirl1628:
Finally its a big YES...
Bio- 19th July (standard from Nigeria).
IHS link sent on 10th Aug and I paid same day.
An email recvd for consideration same day.
19th Sept-- email received for collection.
Passport collected today 20th Sept
Documents are yet to be received though d email I recvd yesterday stated that passport and documents are ready for collection but on getting there, I was only given d pp. D returning envelope bears Hubby's name n address and I'm wondering why they didn't send it to him.
No enquiry calls
The 45 WD was not an easy one bcus I made a mistake during submission. I didn't put my docs in polypockets and stapled most of the docs.. It was after submission I got to know about this group and saw the rules; thus my BP increased but I had no option than to pray fervently for favour.. At last the will of God prevailed in my case. Vignette is 10 Nov to 11 Dec. For those waiting, keep trusting God for the unmerited favour.... I want to thank Lexus for his advice regarding NARIC and that really helped a lot if not we would have wasted a lot of money...

Congratulations........

Now stargirl can finally meet her starboy ............

NB: Remember to pay elders offering...... £396 Naric payment, is better than having to pay almost £3000 again or the 2 years of appeal heartache...........

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
Launna29:

Should get the emails in the coming week, fingers crossed its good news!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Riribliss: 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hi All!
My spouse has been asked to bring his passport and that of our baby to the office in Lagos for the visa, after the success of his administrative review. Please does he have to take the baby to Lagos as well or he goes alone with both passports. because we don’t live in Lagos.
@Bestbian and anyone please help answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.