Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035715 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2018
Pacmandude:

Hello Justwise, Oxygyne, Lexusgs430 and all others in the house. I want to say a big thank you to y'all for all the advises and knocks given (lol). We succeeded in getting the UK Visa finally.

Applied again second time on 30th July 2018 using priority (after waiting for three months for first visa application which was refused and six months for tribunal to give me reply for appeal for the first refusal, which was still on).
Biometrics done 6th August 2018.
Called Home office UK 10th September 2018 was told decision was taken.
Emailed to collect passport 13th September 2018.
Passport collected from TLS 14th September 2018.
Emailed and sent by post to tribunal to cancel the appeal for the first refused visa 18th September 2018.
Got a reply accepting my email 19th September 2018.
Ported into the UK on 24th September 2018.

All is well now my family and I are happily now in the UK.
Once again I sincerely appreciate. Take care.

Nice!! best of luck in the UK.
Happy it all went well the second time around.

So let me get this right, the tribunal was still on when the most recent application was under assessment?? This is a good example for others who might go through the same hiccup.

Thanks for sharing..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
NuNu08:
Gdmornin, please i need help about an ireland spouse appeal. Couldnt find the thread for ireland. I submitted an application but it was refused that i didnt prove my family relationship with my EU spouse. Though i included my marriage certificate but they said it wasnt certified and ascertained by relevant authorities.

Sorry about the refusal, painful for sure. But do not be dismayed, because all you need do is to show that your certificate is genuine and certified.

If I may ask, where was the marriage certificate issued??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
Wats your advice on laminated original degree certificate guyz? Tho d transcript isnt. Exhausted!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
Dydaa:
Wats your advice on laminated original degree certificate guyz? Tho d transcript isnt. Exhausted!

Why not request a duplicate copy, regardless..... Even if you have to pay to expedite process.......

Each day you waste not applying, adds to your days of exhaustion or take the gamble by submitting laminated copy (risking £3000).........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2018
Dydaa:

Unfortunately, you have to get an original non-laminated copy from the Univ unless there is a way to remove the lamination without damaging the document which is unlikely.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
Ok. Tnk you. Theres no expidited service would have opted for that and they can tell me precisely how long it will take. No idea. Lemme jst do iy already...
Lexusgs430:

Why not request a duplicate copy, regardless..... Even if you have to pay to expedite process.......

Each day you waste not applying, adds to your days of exhaustion or take the gamble by submitting laminated copy (risking £3000).........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2018
Dydaa:
Ok. Tnk you. Theres no expidited service would have opted for that and they can tell me precisely how long it will take. No idea. Lemme jst do iy already...

Beta pickin ......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by NuNu08(f): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
oxygyne:

Sorry about the refusal, painful for sure. But do not be dismayed, because all you need do is to show that your certificate is genuine and certified.

If I may ask, where was the marriage certificate issued??
it was issued in ikoyi registry... though i was given appeal, please how do i go about it and what documents to include now to show strong family relationship
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Campdavid101: 3:10am On Sep 28, 2018
Hi Guys I applied for UK settlement visa since the 5th of June today makes it 82 Woking days I have been so worried my wife is distressed we have received not straightforward emails 3times we were also invited for interview on the 11th of this month which I attended and uptill now we still haven't heard anything please anyone with any advice please !
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:05am On Sep 28, 2018
Campdavid101:
Hi Guys I applied for UK settlement visa since the 5th of June today makes it 82 Woking days I have been so worried my wife is distressed we have received not straightforward emails 3times we were also invited for interview on the 11th of this month which I attended and uptill now we still haven't heard anything please anyone with any advice please !

If you attended an interview, it means your application is truly complicated ...........

We cannot help uncomplicate the complications........ You just have to wait and hope camp david arrives back to camp in one piece ........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:08am On Sep 28, 2018
NuNu08:
it was issued in ikoyi registry... though i was given appeal, please how do i go about it and what documents to include now to show strong family relationship

You simply need to find out the full requirements and process for Irish citizens ...........

UK requirements and format vs Irish requirements and formats, might be different...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 10:54am On Sep 28, 2018
Campdavid101:

That is a very complicated application if you had to attend an interview (very rare nowadays I think) but do not fret, you should give yourself at minimum 30 working days after the interview...fingers crossed.

Btw hope the interview went well!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 10:58am On Sep 28, 2018
NuNu08:

Since the reason for refusal is clearly stated in the refusal note, I would advise that you find out how to get proof of family relationship and you should also find out what they mean by "Marriage certificate wasn't certified and ascertained by relevant authorities".

If I find out any relevant information, I'll let you know buy like @lexusgs430 said you should do more research on the requirement for Irish spousal visa asap because your appeal window will have a deadline.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:04am On Sep 28, 2018
oxygyne:

That is a very complicated application if you had to attend an interview (very rare nowadays I think) but do not fret, you should give yourself at minimum 30 working days after the interview...fingers crossed.

He needs to also highlight some of complications so others too might learn ........

3 emails stating complications. I hope he submitted all documents, incase either has been previously divorced.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 11:22am On Sep 28, 2018
Lexusgs430:

He needs to also highlight some of complications so others too might learn ........

3 emails stating complications. I hope he submitted all documents, incase either has been previously divorced.....

True, he should have gotten a clue of what the issue is from the questions asked at the interview?

Hopefully, he can give insights here??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Campdavid101: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
oxygyne:

Yes it did up till now no response it's been 91 working days
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
Campdavid101:
Yes it did

Great! Any red flags from the questions?

If none, then get ready to welcome your partner. fingers crossed!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by InGodIkukutrust: 6:49am On Sep 29, 2018
Finally, its a yes!
My timeline,
Bio—— 3 August ( Standard application)
Doc sent to Sheffield by wife— 14 August
Email received doc and passed to an ECO—17 August.
Received email passport and doc ready for collection— 27 September.
Picked up yesterday and vignette is 3 Oct till 2 November.
Thanks to all gurus in the house, Lexus God bless for replying my post then.
I think it took 40 days from the day of Bio.
Was removed from the uk in 2014, but no criminal records though. If you have similar issues, get your doc right, no qualms.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by taurus2604(f): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
Congratulations..... i tap your goodnews anointing. On behalf of Oga Lexus kindly send your tithe to me to enhance my political career in this election season. grin wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
InGodIkukutrust:
Finally, its a yes!
My timeline,
Bio—— 3 August ( Standard application)
Doc sent to Sheffield by wife— 14 August
Email received doc and passed to an ECO—17 August.
Received email passport and doc ready for collection— 27 September.
Picked up yesterday and vignette is 3 Oct till 2 November.
Thanks to all gurus in the house, Lexus God bless for replying my post then.
I think it took 40 days from the day of Bio.
Was removed from the uk in 2014, but no criminal records though. If you have similar issues, get your doc right, no qualms.

Congratulations.........

In this God that you kuku trust, he seems to have fulfilled his deal with you. Now, it's time you fulfil your tithe obligations, to we the humans......

Abi nah only mouth you wan take talk am ? All the ink wey we dey use reply emails, our listening ears during long WhatsApp calls, hurting fingers replying WhatsApp messsges, all this comes at a humble price of 56% tithe payments..........

NB : Also invite us for the remix of the naming ceremony......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oy24us: 9:50am On Oct 02, 2018
Hi everyone, I’ve been following the thread for quite sometime. Pls I will appreciate if anyone can assist me. I applied for NARIC assessment, I submitted my transcript, and letter from school but I couldn’t find my main certificate. NARIC sent me an email that they are ready to issue me with the assessment but it will have a disclaimer.
Find below the response from NARIC.
Pls I really need your advise as I was refused earlier because I submitted IELTS General training and the next IELTS test is far away, so I decided to use NARIC 24hrs
Thanks

Dear Sir / Madam,

We can provide an assessment of your qualification(s) however please note we have not been provided with a copy of your final certificate and as a result, the following sentence will be included in your letter: Although no final certificate has been presented, evidence of successful course completion has been provided. If you wish to proceed on this basis please click on the following icon in the action column.

Please note that this disclaimer does not affect the outcome of the assessment.

If you do not wish for this sentence to be included in your assessment please upload or post a copy of your final certificate before your assessment is completed and posted. If you are unable to send in your final certificate and you wish to send it in at a later date, then we will charge a fee of £12 (+VAT) plus your chosen delivery charge to reissue your Statement.

Once you have accepted the final certificate disclaimer you will be able to make payment for your Fast Track evaluation.

Kind regards

UK NARIC
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2018
Oy24us:
Hi everyone, I’ve been following the thread for quite sometime. Pls I will appreciate if anyone can assist me. I applied for NARIC assessment, I submitted my transcript, and letter from school but I couldn’t find my main certificate. NARIC sent me an email that they are ready to issue me with the assessment but it will have a disclaimer.
Pls I really need your advise as I was refused earlier because I submitted IELTS General training and the next IELTS test is far away, so I decided to use NARIC 24hrs
Thanks

Dear Sir / Madam,

We can provide an assessment of your qualification(s) however please note we have not been provided with a copy of your final certificate and as a result, the following sentence will be included in your letter: Although no final certificate has been presented, evidence of successful course completion has been provided. If you wish to proceed on this basis please click on the following icon in the action column.

If you do not wish for this sentence to be included in your assessment please upload or post a copy of your final certificate before your assessment is completed and posted. If you are unable to send in your final certificate and you wish to send it in at a later date, then we will charge a fee of £12 (+VAT) plus your chosen delivery charge to reissue your Statement.

Once you have accepted the final certificate disclaimer you will be able to make payment for your Fast Track evaluation.

Kind regards

UK NARIC

Can someone with relevant knowledge please respond to @Oy24us urgently, thank you all.

Unfortunately, I am not so adept at NARIC issues.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by pleasehelpme2: 5:22am On Oct 03, 2018
Hello elders and everyone on the forum. My name is adi

Thank you for this very informative and supportive thread. I am new to the thread but I have read from page 1.
Please may you help me, my question is my wife wants to sponsor me for spouse visa but she has been on statutory sick pay as a result she Earned less then the threshold amount last month. Does that mean we do not qualify anymore or is they a way around this ?

Please if anyone knows the answer to my question or has experienced this please help me
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aquaman84: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2018
My people good day and hope all is well.
Please I need help, I want to apply for spouse visa to the UK, I've been with my wife nearly two years, she has visited me in Nigeria to see my family and I've visited her in the UK to visit her family.

I just have some questions,
*is she to apply for spouse visa for me or I am to do that myself?
*am I to take the English exam?
*am I to take some injections?
*she earns above the money limit but do I still need to provide my bank statement?
*please what documents do I need to provide apart from marriage certificate??
*the visa is cost at 1500€ right?
*what visa should I apply for exactly on the platform?

Sorry for all this, is just the visa money is very expensive and therefore can't afford to make any mistakes. God bless you all

[Qquote author=Lexusgs430 post=71664429]

Congratulations.........

In this God that you kuku trust, he seems to have fulfilled his deal with you. Now, it's time you fulfil your tithe obligations, to we the humans......

Abi nah only mouth you wan take talk am ? All the ink wey we dey use reply emails, our listening ears during long WhatsApp calls, hurting fingers replying WhatsApp messsges, all this comes at a humble price of 56% tithe payments..........

NB : Also invite us for the remix of the naming ceremony......[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
Oy24us:
Thanks

Dear Sir / Madam,

Kind regards

UK NARIC

If i were in your position i will hold on and get the degree certificate before moving forward.

Naric standard application takes just a week, your main headache now is getting the degree certificate from your school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
@All

Will the propriety service payment done online or at the visa center?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oy24us: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
justwise:

If i were in your position i will hold on and get the degree certificate before moving forward.

Naric standard application takes just a week, your main headache now is getting the degree certificate from your school

Thanks a lot @justwise, I’ve already contacted my school and they are preparing my main certificate. It’s not good to take chances considering the amount of money involved. Thanks again
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aquaman84: 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
@justwise and @vicjustice @ekpotek my brothers abeg assist.
Aquaman84:
Please I need help, I want to apply for spouse visa to the UK, I've been with my wife nearly two years, she has visited me in Nigeria to see my family and I've visited her in the UK to visit her family.

*she earns above the money limit but do I still need to provide my bank statement?

Sorry for all this, is just the visa money is very expensive and therefore can't afford to make any mistakes. God bless you all

Congratulations.........

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
Aquaman84:

Congratulations.........

1 - You can apply together, both of you have login access
2 - If you have a degree certificate, that can be converted through NARIC, go down the naric route. If not you need to do ielts test ( ensure you do the right one)
3 - TB injection
4 - Your bank statements not required
5 - read through thread
6 - it's about £2800 (when you add all bits )
7- Spousal visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2018
Aquaman84:

Hi @Aquaman84
1. The application which including forms, letters and supporting documents require the attention of both the applicant and the sponsor. You both need to do it together.

2. If you have a degree (bachelor or master) from a UK university then you do not need to take the English exam, otherwise you might have to take a test and/or you have a NARIC assessment of your non-UK university degree. Read through the past pages, you should be able to know where you stand and the type of English exam to write if you need to.

3. I am not sure about injections but you must be tested for tuberculosis at one of the clinics approved by the Home Office. You would know if you need injections or not after your test. You need the test certificate as part of your submission.

4. If she earns above the required amount then you do not need any other financial evidence apart from hers.

5. It is a long list, you would have to read through this thread to get one of the correct list of documents and how to arrange them for submission.

6. Safely budget between £2,500 to £3,000. Don't worry, you should ordinarily not spend up to the later.

7. Please take note, IF YOU ARE MARRIED (with a genuine marriage certificate from a recognised registry) then you should apply for the *Spousal Visa*

8. You are right, it is expensive so make sure you get all your facts right and submit a full proof application.

All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2018
justwise:
@All

Will the propriety service payment done online or at the visa center?

All payments are done online, if I recall correctly.

Unless you are using VIP service at the center.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2018
Oy24us:

Thanks a lot @justwise, I’ve already contacted my school and they are preparing my main certificate. It’s not good to take chances considering the amount of money involved. Thanks again

Best option.

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.