Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,546 members, 7,843,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1044447 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwray: 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
missjiji: @Johnwray - I have been a silent follower since April, the deadline the court gave the Nigerian Embassy is today, although I rang them and they said they have backlogs and the have touched my case yet.

Called UK court said no hearing date till next year... which is far abeg...

Please can you kindly send me the draft of the MP letter, just to speed the process.

I will really appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

Not sure what visa category you applied for but in any case, please note that MP does not speed the process. They can only inquire on your behalf. If you want your case handled quicker and you have valid reason(s), contact AIT with some evidence. If you must write your local MP, just explain your case (preferably in writing) and ask for their assistance. This way they can forward your write-up along with their inquiry to UKBA and all parties can keep track. hope this helps.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
By default, AIT would update all parties (you and UKBA) after the 19 week window. They might have sent you a letter which you have not received yet. I advise you e-mail AIT today (Customer.Service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk)for update.

email subject: [appeal reference number]

Body: I write regarding the above appeal. I note that the 19 week notice for ECM review ended [date] and I am yet to receive an update. Could you please let me know the current status of the appeal.

Regards

[Name]
[Appellant/Representative].. please choose one

what happens next....

If they have information, they will tell you all about it. However, if they don't, they will chase UKBA for info.[/quote]

Hi johnwray

Can u give me format for sheffield like whtat to write any ya email address too

And I mail on AIT what u give me email id but is sow that undelivered
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwray: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
For those of you looking for a format (MP or AIT duty Judge]... you can use this as sample.... GOD BLESS

Dear [name of your MP]

I am a [BC/UK resident] living within your constituency. I write to ask for your assistance in expediting the above appeal for [visa category]. The appeal was lodged on [date] and UKBA has until [DATE] to review my submission before the appeal can proceed to court; should they decide to uphold their initial decision. This is a very lengthy waiting period especially for a [blah bla blah e.g., newly married couple]. In addition [blah blah blah... give further reasons... must be valid and backed with evidence]

I note that my application was wrongly refused on [blah blah blah... basis]; owing to the “tick-box” approach used by the ECOs at the UKBA. Properly trained staffs that have a fundamental understanding of the immigration rules would not refuse the application. In addition, when applicants have followed published guidance, but ECOs require further information to make a decision, it is only right that applicants are given an opportunity to provide this. Unfortunately, the perception of many ECOs is that it doesn’t matter if they come to the wrong decision, because there’s always an appeal to fall back upon if the applicant feels aggrieved.

Could you please contact [whoever has your application at present] on my behalf to expedite the process? Please see further details of the appeal below.

Appellant name:
Nationality:
Date of Birth:
Appeal no:

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

[your name]
[Appellant or Appeal representative]

[your full address within the constituency]

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hi johnwray Can u give me format for sheffield like whtat to write any ya email address tooAnd I mail on AIT what u give me email id but is sow that undelivered

johnwray:

By default, AIT would update all parties (you and UKBA) after the 19 week window. They might have sent you a letter which you have not received yet. I advise you e-mail AIT today (Customer.Service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk)for update.

email subject: [appeal reference number]

Body: I write regarding the above appeal. I note that the 19 week notice for ECM review ended [date] and I am yet to receive an update. Could you please let me know the current status of the appeal.

Regards

[Name]
[Appellant/Representative].. please choose one

what happens next....

If they have information, they will tell you all about it. However, if they don't, they will chase UKBA for info.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missjiji: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
johnwray: For those of you looking for a format (MP or AIT duty Judge]... you can use this as sample.... GOD BLESS

Dear [name of your MP]

I am a [BC/UK resident] living within your constituency. I write to ask for your assistance in expediting the above appeal for [visa category]. The appeal was lodged on [date] and UKBA has until [DATE] to review my submission before the appeal can proceed to court; should they decide to uphold their initial decision. This is a very lengthy waiting period especially for a [blah bla blah e.g., newly married couple]. In addition [blah blah blah... give further reasons... must be valid and backed with evidence]

I note that my application was wrongly refused on [blah blah blah... basis]; owing to the “tick-box” approach used by the ECOs at the UKBA. Properly trained staffs that have a fundamental understanding of the immigration rules would not refuse the application. In addition, when applicants have followed published guidance, but ECOs require further information to make a decision, it is only right that applicants are given an opportunity to provide this. Unfortunately, the perception of many ECOs is that it doesn’t matter if they come to the wrong decision, because there’s always an appeal to fall back upon if the applicant feels aggrieved.

Could you please contact [whoever has your application at present] on my behalf to expedite the process? Please see further details of the appeal below.

Appellant name:
Nationality:
Date of Birth:
Appeal no:

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

[your name]
[Appellant or Appeal representative]

[your full address within the constituency]

Thanks alot - Mine isnt a settlement, hubby is on tier1
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
leeon2011: Hi johnwray Can u give me format for sheffield like whtat to write any ya email address tooAnd I mail on AIT what u give me email id but is sow that undelivered

Since you're now in your 22nd week might be an idea to call AIT [UK 0300 123 1711] for an immediate response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by adetorosey(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2013
Hi Guys, Update just came in from Sheffield.

Dear Ms XXXX,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately there is no further update that we can give you at this time. Your appeal will be reviewed before the deadline date.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

I am kind of scared guys. What could this mean?

adetorosey: Johnwray, I have emailed all sheffield and lagos for update of my wife's appeal. I will keep you guys abreast of any update as they unfold.
Thanks for your help guys, you have been source of strength in this trying time. I appreciate you loads.

Kind Regards
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missjiji: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
adetorosey: Hi Guys, Update just came in from Sheffield.

Dear Ms XXXX,

Unfortunately there is no further update that we can give you at this time. Your appeal will be reviewed before the deadline date.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

No need to panic same as mine, they havent reviewed it, so no update can be given, at least your deadline havent passed, mine as, and they still havent reviewed it...so chillax and keep praying - God dey!!! smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
adetorosey: Hi Guys, Update just came in from Sheffield.

Dear Ms XXXX,

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

The positive here is that they have made a declaration in writing to you that your case will be reviewed before the deadline date. I would advise that if you haven't heard anything about a week before your deadline date that you reply to this email stating " As per the below email, we have been assured that our case will be reviewed before the deadline date of 27th Sept. Please confirm that our case has been sent to the ECM."
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by adetorosey(m): 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
I will even email them again 2 weeks from now. I am just nervous. I pray God answer my prayer 'cos am fed up with this home-alone.
Thanks again guys. You are all like a family.

girlfio:

The positive here is that they have made a declaration in writing to you that your case will be reviewed before the deadline date. I would advise that if you haven't heard anything about a week before your deadline date that you reply to this email stating " As per the below email, we have been assured that our case will be reviewed before the deadline date of 27th Sept. Please confirm that our case has been sent to the ECM."
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by olushy: 2:14am On Aug 30, 2013
pls,I was refuse a 2years renewal visa to the uk ,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
jenni1108: Hello all, I just received this from the Sheffield office, is this positive in your opinion?

Dear Ms xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your appeal is yet to be reviewed by an ECM. It is however in line to be reviewed and will be completed before the deadline date.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

Hi can u send me the format wot u send n what to wrot plz and also mail ID
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by geek(m): 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
olushy: pls,I was refuse a 2years renewal visa to the uk , because of a false document (LSIRS TAX LETTER) which I was not aware to be a false document, So my travel consultants made an admin review to british deputy high commission lagos on the 15 of june 2012 and the PD entry clearance manager correspondence unit visa section reply on the 09/08/2012, D decision to refuse ur client application was based on d documents that ur client provided at d time of d application. D documentation that U have provided with ur correspondence was available at d Time that u made ur application .Ur client should have submitted this documentation with his application and he chose not to provide this information to ECO . i am therefore satisfied that ECO's decision is correct and in accordance with D immigration rules. The refusal notice carried with it advice about ur client's statutory right of appeal against d decisIon to an independent adjudicator in d UK . There s no record of ur client exercising his right of appeal. If ur client has not done so d 28 day time limit has passed and this matter must be regarded as close. Ur client s Free to submit a fresh application at any time at any of the visa application centres if I decides to reapply. An attempt should be made to address d concerns outlined In d refusal notice. U should be aware that ur application was refused under paragraph 320(7A).any further application may be refuse under paragraph 320(7B)
. My. Question is: if I address the concerns outlined in the refusal get a (tax letter) genuine1. Will my application still be refused under Section 320(7B).

You asked this same question almost a whole year ago and it had been answered - https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-visa-visa-appeal-process-part2/4#12130908

Your application was denied under paragraph 320(7A)- this is the section of the guidance that deals with deception. You have therefore been banned for 10 years.

If you try to make a new application before your 10 year ban has been served, the BHC will accept your application and your application fees, and they will immediately decline your application under paragraph 320(7b)which is the guidance attached to poor immigration history, or previous attempts at deception.

The guidance is very clear in this respect - 10 years automatic refusal if you practised deception (which includes using false documentation) in support of a previous visa application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
indian appeal . So if I mail on this Id

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Can they give update
I ask coz they say this when I mail them

Please note the Sheffield Visa Section currently only deals with settlement applications lodged in:

·         The United States of America

·         Canada (non priority cases only) and

·         Nigeria
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
leeon2011: indian appeal . So if I mail on this Id

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Can they give update
I ask coz they say this when I mail them

Please note the Sheffield Visa Section currently only deals with settlement applications lodged in:

·         The United States of America

·         Canada (non priority cases only) and

·         Nigeria

No, the Sheffield office do not deal with visa appeals for India. I believe they are processed at the Loughborough office. Not too sure how they can be contacted but it might be worth contacting the office where you submitted your appeal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 7:31am On Aug 31, 2013
girlfio:

No, the Sheffield office do not deal with visa appeals for India. I believe they are processed at the Loughborough office. Not too sure how they can be contacted but it might be worth contacting the office where you submitted your appeal.

My lwayer submitted my appeal from london ( u.k )
Plz help me am so stuck coz is bn 6 month nuthing here I call my lwayer n ask but he keep saying only one think that we mail them
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deyboi: 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
leeon2011:

Plz help me am so stuck coz is bn 6 month nuthing here I call my lwayer n ask but he keep saying only one think that we mail them

leeon2011:

Bro, you need to contact the tribunals service quoting your appeal number, to ask for an update on your case.

Email address is: customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
deyboi:

Bro, you need to contact the tribunals service quoting your appeal number, to ask for an update on your case.

Email address is: customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

I did on 14th August and 27th August still no reply I try everyfink
my lwayer so lazy they dont say anyfink
They only say if anyfink cam we let u know
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deyboi: 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
leeon2011:

Ok. You have to keep emailing d tribunals until you get a reply. They normally do reply.
Secondly, you should email the British high Commission in India asking for an update on your case.

One more thing, have you received any letter from the tribunals stating the time frame for your appeal and when next you should expect to hear from them?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 5:00am On Sep 01, 2013
leeon2011:

@leeon2011: You may want to try this forum http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=78094 as they have more postings related to India settlement visa timelines that can help you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 8:09am On Sep 01, 2013
deyboi:

Ok. You have to keep emailing d tribunals until you get a reply. They normally do reply.
Secondly, you should email the British high Commission in India asking for an update on your case.

One more thing, have you received any letter from the tribunals stating the time frame for your appeal and when next you should expect to hear from them?

Yeah I received when I submit my appel

Is say's by 8th of August but still nuffiing came
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
I received from visaSheffield

As your application and appeal was not processed in Sheffield, I am unable to give you any information regarding the outcome of your appeal.  You should however be notified of the result of the appeal shortly after the deadline date you received when it was originally submitted

But my deadline finnish on 8th of August still not hear anyfink form them
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
leeon2011: I received from visaSheffield

As your application and appeal was not processed in Sheffield, I am unable to give you any information regarding the outcome of your appeal.  You should however be notified of the result of the appeal shortly after the deadline date you received when it was originally submitted

@leeon2011: Which BHC did you submit your appeal application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
target007:

@leeon2011: Which BHC did you submit your appeal application?

Mumabi india
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hey guys finally I received a email from tribunal and they say this

We are currently experiencing a high volume of appeals. It is currently taking six weeks (from the deadline on the IA10 notice) for a hearing to be allocated.

We recommend that you contact us in 2 weeks if you have not heard from us
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
leeon2011: I received from visaSheffield

On the notice of appeal letter that you received which gave you this deadline of 8th August it should have also noted that a copy has been issued to your representative, here it will give your lawyers name and then underneath that it should then say copy has been sent to visa office and next to that should be the name of the visa office where your appeal will be reviewed by the ECM. This is where you should be directing your emails to. Might also be worth you asking your lawyer for a copy of the emails they've been sending. Your lawyer should be able to advise you who you need to be contacting to get an update on your case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
girlfio:

On the notice of appeal letter that you received which gave you this deadline of 8th August it should have also noted that a copy has been issued to your representative, here it will give your lawyers name and then underneath that it should then say copy has been sent to visa office and next to that should be the name of the visa office where your appeal will be reviewed by the ECM. This is where you should be directing your emails to. Might also be worth you asking your lawyer for a copy of the emails they've been sending. Your lawyer should be able to advise you who you need to be contacting to get an update on your case.

@ girlfio I received a email from tribunal
Read my post after long time they reply
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2013
What is means ( IA10 NOTICE )
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
leeon2011: What is means ( IA10 NOTICE )

This is the notice you should have received when your appeal bundle was sent to the office where the ECM will review your case. On this notice would have been the deadline for this review, which will be 19 weeks after the date on the notice.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by adetorosey(m): 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=girlfio]

Guys!! I am more than happy to post this update. My wife received this email from Sheffield late today;
Unclassified - Visa Appeal

Dear applicant,

Your appeal was received in Sheffield and the decision has been made to overturn the refusal decision made and issue a UK visa.

In order for us to complete this process, we require that you send your passport to our office at:

Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, 4th Floor
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Please use an international courier service so that both ourselves and you can track the package.

If you are currently visting the UK, unfortunately we cannot complete this process if you send your passport from the UK address you are currently residing at. You must therefore send your passport to the above address once you have returned to your home country.

If you have any difficulties please contact us at: visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

Now my questions,
how long will it take to issue the visa after they've received it?
Is there anything to really worry about?
How much does it cost to send passport via DHL from Nigeria to UK?
Is the applicant responsible for the returning cost of the passport? (Meaning: is it necessary to include return envelop package?)

Appreciation

I started following this thread less than 2 weeks ago and I must say I have received awesome support. You guys rock!! @girlfio, @justwise, @johnraw. I appreciate you all. Justwise and Johnraw, I am sure you guys are yoruba guys 'cos your overwhelming support is so significant.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=adetorosey][/quote]

Oh wow, this is such wonderful news! I was just saying today that I'm looking forward to hearing some good news from a visa appeal, I'm so very happy for you guys. When did you submit your appeal?

I believe from previous posts that it can take a couple of weeks from when you send the passport to then get it back. DHL would be advisable. I'm not sure how they send the passport back, maybe someone else on this forum can advise. I would have thought that they send it back to the British High Commission in Nigeria and then your wife would collect it from there. Might be an idea to send an email to the Sheffield office to confirm how your wife will get her passport back

There is nothing more to worry about now, the hard part is over, happy days! smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
DELETED!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.