Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039266 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 9:58am On Nov 23, 2020
Yes, you have to submit the application online. Your documents can also be submitted online. Your husband can upload documents from his end while you do same from yours too. Do you have your login details?
Herbeolah1:
Please am I to submit any application online here? I thought the lawyer would have done that.
Seriously I don't know much about this.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Luvdmx(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2020
Herbeolah1:
Please am I to submit any application online here? I thought the lawyer would have done that.
Seriously I don't know much about this.

You don't need to submit another application online if your immigration lawyer have already done so. You need to relate with him more about every stage and progress

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Herbeolah1(f): 10:18am On Nov 23, 2020
Luvdmx:

You don't need to submit another application online if your immigration lawyer have already done so. You need to relate with him more about every stage and progress

Okay the immigration lawyer says he's on it already.
I will have to contact him more on the progress.

Thanks �

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Herbeolah1(f): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes, you have to submit the application online. Your documents can also be submitted online. Your husband can upload documents from his end while you do same from yours too. Do you have your login details?

We already hired an immigration lawyer to that effect..
I'm asking questions cos I'm really new to this just to be sure the lawyer is acting right.

Thanks for you response
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Herbeolah1(f): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2020
Luvdmx:

I can imagine the stress of using immigration lawyer plus cost. I guess your husband mostly busy, if not you guys doing together without immigration lawyer would have been your best option. The spouse visa requirements are very clear for each applicant's situation. I assumed he had already submitted your application right?

Once your hubby meet the financial requirements for both of you, because you guys got married on his first visit, you really need concrete evidence to demonstrate that the relationship is genuine. I hope your immigration lawyer submitted all the communication and enough photos of you two at different places and time.

You've the right to ask him questions to ease your mind and he should respond in time. All the best of luck

My husband is really the busy type and we are both new to this so he feels a lawyer would make things easy and all

He meets all financial requirements and all our communications and picture proofs are with him already

I will be in contact with the lawyer more since hubby is too busy.

Thanks for all your kind advise.
Bless you All.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2020
Oh okay.
Herbeolah1:

We already hired an immigration lawyer to that effect..
I'm asking questions cos I'm really new to this just to be sure the lawyer is acting right.

Thanks for you response

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by pamfad101: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
mimilyrics:
If you're in Nigeria, you give notice at the registry in Nigeria.
If you're in the UK, you need to give notice at your local register office at least 29 days before your wedding provided that you've lived there for at least 7 days. You can make an appointment online/phone. The register offices might be currently closed due to the Covid-19 lockdown though.
It costs £35 for each person (£47 for each person since either of you are from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
You'll need to have an interview with the registrar and you will only be allowed with your chosen date if Home Office doesn't investigate (you'll get a letter to this effect). If Home Office decides to investigate, you might have an additional 70 days or thereabouts before you can get married.

The event would be happening in Nigeria, i was at the Lagos high commission to make enquiry but there was no to attend to me, fiance's family would be handling the registry activities (fathers wish), so he doesn't know how to go about the giving notice of marriage
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 6:03am On Nov 24, 2020
pamfad101:

The event would be happening in Nigeria, i was at the Lagos high commission to make enquiry but there was no to attend to me, fiance's family would be handling the registry activities (fathers wish), so he doesn't know how to go about the giving notice of marriage

I don't think u r the one to give notice. When you register at the court. U give them passports, they inturn put out the notice on behalf of you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by pamfad101: 8:54am On Nov 24, 2020
MamaEEE:

I don't think u r the one to give notice. When you register at the court. U give them passports, they inturn put out the notice on behalf of you

Thank you boss
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
Then he doesn't need to give notice. Registering at a Nigerian registry is considered appropriate notice, they will take care of the banns.
pamfad101:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by NIFES(f): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
Since you've got the consent letter from the father, you just need to add her birth certificate (showing both of you as the parents), passport, proof of funds in your account and a letter from the school to show that she's lived with you all through.
If you feel that there's anything the ECO might not understand on your application, use a cover letter to explain.

Hello,
Permit me to ask why she needs to demonstrate any proof of funds in her account as it is her husband that is standing in as the sponsor and she isn't living or working (earning) in the UK as it is.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
By "your account", I meant the account to be submitted which in this case, is the husband's.

If you read a few comments after that (I quoted the same comment below for your info), you'd notice that I stated the minimum amount the husband has to earn to make an application for her.
mimilyrics:
You should do your English and TB tests before you submit online.
Your husband must show evidence that he meets the financial requirement of £18,600 plus an extra £3,400 for your child. He'll have to submit his 6-month payslips, employment contract and bank statement to this effect.
NIFES:

Hello,
Permit me to ask why she needs to demonstrate any proof of funds in her account as it is her husband that is standing in as the sponsor and she isn't living or working (earning) in the UK as it is.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2020
My cousin just paid her Settlement Visa Fee but when directed to the TLS APPOINTMENT BOOKING PORTAL SHE COULDNOT FIND THE OPTION FOR ASSISTED SETTLEMENT SERVICE.

THE PLAN IS TO PAY THE £75 SERVICE CHARGE SO THAT HER SPOUSE CAN SEND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO THE UK SCANNING HUB. BUT THE WHOLE THING HAS BEEN FRUSTRATING HER SINCE YESTERDAY. PLEASE, SOMEONE SHOULD KINDLY HELP OUT.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by princejunaid(m): 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
Please is there any one who had applied for Short course before should please share is experience am worried.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by togopenge(f): 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
Pls, do I need a flexi appointment for uk family visa for son and I?
My appointment is 10.am while his is 10:30 am.
Pls how can appointment be done same time and visas processed together as family members?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 2:39am On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=togopenge post=96564902]Pls, do I need a flexi appointment for uk family visa for son and I?
My appointment is 10.am while his is 10:30 am.
Pls how can appointment be done same time and visas processed together as family members?

Thanks

Easy bizee, u can both go in at 10am...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by togopenge(f): 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
Tnks for d response. We wl do just that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by togopenge(f): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=MamaEEE post=96574783][/quote]
Thanks for ur response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monmarri: 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hello house I need assistance please. Is there any one that have used overtime to meet financial requirement for spouse visa under cat A salaried? Pls if there is I need assistance.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monmarri: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pls who recently apply and got a spousa visa . Kindly assist pls.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monmarri: 5:44am On Dec 03, 2020
Hello house please is housing report compusory for spouse visa application? Is only tenancy agreement enough proof to show to home office. Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 8:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
Monmarri:
Hello house please is housing report compusory for spouse visa application? Is only tenancy agreement enough proof to show to home office. Thank you

I used only tenancy agreement and a note written by the Landlord.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monmarri: 3:45am On Dec 04, 2020
Legalkhaddie:

I used only tenancy agreement and a note written by the Landlord.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2020
Monmarri:

Thank you

You are welcome. All the best with your application.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DrOBD(m): 12:32am On Dec 08, 2020
Hello house, I have a question regarding UK NARIC.

I sent in my transcript and statement of result for assessment, and below is the response I got:

Dear XYZ,

We can provide an assessment of your BA based on the final degree examinations results, however please note that we have not been provided with a copy of your final certificate. As a result, the following sentence will be included in your letter: "although no final certificate has been presented, evidence of successful course completion has been provided". Please note that this sentence does not affect the level of the assessment or its validity. Of you wish to continue on this basis, please click on the following icon in the action column. If you do not wish for this sentence to be included in your assessment please upload a copy of your final degree certificate before your assessment is completed and posted. If you are unable to send in your final certificate and you wish to send it in at a later date, then we will charge you extra £ plus VAT plus your delivery charge to reissue your statement. Kind regards, UK NARIC.

Due to the ongoing ASUU strike, I am unable to process my final certificate at this time. Do you think it will be a problem if I proceed with my statement/transcript? Dear house, kindly advise
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oneguy03(m): 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.