Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,439 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041892 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missgirl: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2021
vaticanboy:
congrats Sis.

Thank you :-)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
justwise:

National express has a station at the airport there, immediately you picked up your bags you head to there station, they go to almost every city in the UK and will drop you at city centre. Ask your family in the UK to buy you national express coach ticket and email it to you.

@justwise, I don't know what is wrong with my mail, I can't access any message from Nairaland. This is in respect of the message sent earlier on.
What of if someone wants to take Heathrow and from Heathrow take a flight to Birmingham, is this still ok. a friend told me she is trying to take that route for her hubby, she said it is cheaper than the train. please what do you suggest? Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
monchat:

@justwise, I don't know what is wrong with my mail, I can't access any message from Nairaland. This is in respect of the message sent earlier on.
What of if someone wants to take Heathrow and from Heathrow take a flight to Birmingham, is this still ok. a friend told me she is trying to take that route for her hubby, she said it is cheaper than the train. please what do you suggest? Thank you.

National Express bus from Heathrow to Wolverhampton directly will cost you less than £40 while flight will double that and you still pay more to Birmingham

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
justwise:

National Express bus from Heathrow to Wolverhampton directly will cost you less than £40 while flight will double that and you still pay more to Birmingham

Thank u
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 10:53am On Nov 21, 2021
justwise:

Hi justwise,pls is this Spouse visa a residence permit like a permanent resident. The reason I am asking is because I was filling a form and was asked if I have a residence in another country. I said No and later was confused on the answer. Pls see the attached and kindly assist with the question. Thank you

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dan45: 6:17am On Nov 22, 2021
monchat:

Hi justwise,pls is this Spouse visa a residence permit like a permanent resident. The reason I am asking is because I was filling a form and was asked if I have a residence in another country. I said No and later was confused on the answer. Pls see the attached and kindly assist with the question. Thank you

it is a residence permit but not a permanent one if that makes sense. Resident permits are usually given for stays longer than 6 months e.g Students also have residence permits .You will only qualify for permanent residency after a number of years and meeting the conditions set for you.Hope that helps.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2021
Dan45:

it is a residence permit but not a permanent one if that makes sense. Resident permits are usually given for stays longer than 6 months e.g Students also have residence permits .You will only qualify for permanent residency after a number of years and meeting the conditions set for you.Hope that helps.

It helps , thank you. So in the form, one should say yes and explain. I was told the residence permit is not the sticker on the passport rather it is the biometric residence card is residence permit. See attached the question asked,

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Rafman12: 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hello I will like to know if one can process dependent visa for a spouse married after getting a student visa.

@ justwise and elders in the house
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2021
Good day everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation that me and my wife found ourselves.

My wife completed her biometrics for spouse visa standard application (settlement route) on 17th June this year. We were told that the processing time is within 12 weeks (60WD). We just entered the 24th week (116WD) and we are yet to receive a decision from UKVI. UKVI have not requested for any additional documents. We have made paid enquiries up to 4 times and the responses we received is that our application is still being processed and that they have to complete all required checks both in Nigeria and UK.

My question is - is there anyone on this platform that have recently done the spouse visa application (settlement route)? What is the turnaround time for your application? And/or is there anyone that have applied for spouse visa (settlement route) but still awaiting a response? Please kindly share your experience as this can help to calm down our frustrations.

We are getting frustrated as we planned that my wife will arrive UK on time for our first Christmas together.

Many thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missgirl: 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Greenm5:
Good day everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation that me and my wife found ourselves.

My wife completed her biometrics for spouse visa standard application (settlement route) on 17th June this year. We were told that the processing time is within 12 weeks (60WD). We just entered the 24th week (116WD) and we are yet to receive a decision from UKVI. UKVI have not requested for any additional documents. We have made paid enquiries up to 4 times and the responses we received is that our application is still being processed and that they have to complete all required checks both in Nigeria and UK.

My question is - is there anyone on this platform that have recently done the spouse visa application (settlement route)? What is the turnaround time for your application? And/or is there anyone that have applied for spouse visa (settlement route) but still awaiting a response? Please kindly share your experience as this can help to calm down our frustrations.

We are getting frustrated as we planned that my wife will arrive UK on time for our first Christmas together.

Many thanks

Hello. We recently completed ours. Turnaround was about 67wds. However, I am in a couple of FB groups and they have been complaining about applications from June and July being delayed
Best of luck with everything and hope it all goes well. You can get your MP involved and ask them to contact UKVI for you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
Many thanks for your response @ missgirl.

If you don't mind me asking, did you guys apply from Nigeria or application was done in UK?

Hello. We recently completed ours. Turnaround was about 67wds. However, I am in a couple of FB groups and they have been complaining about applications from June and July being delayed
Best of luck with everything and hope it all goes well. You can get your MP involved and ask them to contact UKVI for you [/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missgirl: 7:58am On Nov 29, 2021
Greenm5:
Many thanks for your response @ missgirl.

If you don't mind me asking, did you guys apply from Nigeria or application was done in UK?

Best of luck with everything and hope it all goes well. You can get your MP involved and ask them to contact UKVI for you

From Lagos (Ikeja).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 8:38am On Nov 29, 2021
[Many thanks missgirl, much appreciated. If we do not get a decision by the end of the year then I will get my MP involved.]

From Lagos (Ikeja). [/quote]

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by vaticanboy(m): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello guys am currently in Northampton. Biko am I to isolate for 10 days before I could get my BRP? The text in t
he printed letter is confusing. I need help please...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missgirl: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2021
vaticanboy:
Hello guys am currently in Northampton. Biko am I to isolate for 10 days before I could get my BRP? The text in t
he printed letter is confusing. I need help please...

Welcome and yes you are. Unless you nominated someone who can pick up your brp for you in your application or if you are double vaccinated.

If you want to cut down your self isolation, you can get the day 5 test to release
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by vaticanboy(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
missgirl:

Welcome and yes you are. Unless you nominated someone who can pick up your brp for you in your application or if you are double vaccinated.

If you want to cut down your self isolation, you can get the day 5 test to release
. Thanks ma'am! I rather remain calm , Na my BRp Las Las I go collect am.

Abeg I live very close to the University of Northampton. Who Sabi who there?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ninirizzle(f): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
seyoops4u:

Can they help me collect the transcript?

I don't know about that. You can get in touch with them to verify
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by headhoncho(m): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hello all,

Now that Nigeria has been added to the red list. How is it going to affect pending settlement applications?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adeyholla: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Hello, It doesn’t affect the application, it only impacts your travel plans and with a quarantine hotel of course your financials!!
headhoncho:

Hello all,

Now that Nigeria has been added to the red list. How is it going to affect pending settlement applications?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Alexander13: 11:29pm On Dec 08, 2021
Please how can I download the tls app?

Googledrive12:

I downloaded the TLS tracking app and it works just fine . Me I am not checking again , I am just waiting for a mail form UKVI . I don tire Jor ... lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osoderi(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2021
Good morning house, please is there anyone that applied for a spouse visa and is expecting passport soon OR is there anyone that has gotten and is not able to travel because of the ban they place for Nigeria. Please what is the way forward? I read it is only British citizens, Irish and residence can travel, what of those that applied for a spouse visa or those that have gotten their visa.
Is a spouse visa allowed to travel too?

Please way forward, the money is too much for one to pay.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
I am still awaiting decision on my wife's settlement visa for 25+weeks (125WD). However I am aware that spouse visa is resident permit so holders can enter UK from a country in the red list. Be aware that government quarantine hotel is mandatory on arrival and travellers MUST show evidence of booking of a quarantine hotel before boarding your flight. Confirmation of quarantine hotel booking is also required to complete PLF.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kindmanship: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
Osoderi:
Good morning house, please is there anyone that applied for a spouse visa and is expecting passport soon OR is there anyone that has gotten and is not able to travel because of the ban they place for Nigeria. Please what is the way forward? I read it is only British citizens, Irish and residence can travel, what of those that applied for a spouse visa or those that have gotten their visa.
Is a spouse visa allowed to travel too?

Please way forward, the money is too much for one to pay.

If your visa is granted, you will have permission to live in the UK however, leave to enter is granted for 90 days at the moment so if you are not in a rush, wait to see whether Nigeria will be removed from the red list.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by afeezakinpelumi: 4:21am On Dec 19, 2021
Good morning my people, please help with this. When my sister was filling the online application form, she filled her husband details on the spouse part and also as a dependant. Someone said she should has just fill the spouse only not as a dependant.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by afeezakinpelumi: 9:19am On Dec 19, 2021
[img][/img]
Can someone pick huband as a dependant on this part

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
If he's dependant on her financially, yes but if not, just filling his details in the spouse part is okay.
afeezakinpelumi:
Good morning my people, please help with this. When my sister was filling the online application form, she filled her husband details on the spouse part and also as a dependant. Someone said she should has just fill the spouse only not as a dependant.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Edirance: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2021
Hello All..

I'm new to this forum.. just a quick question if anyone is in thesame board as me.

I applied for uk spouse visa and my biometric was 24th of September it's been 63WD as of today.. at 58WD I sent a paid email and I got a quick response as follow.

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application.

It's been a week now since I got that email.. and I still haven't heard anything from TLS contact . does anyone here in the same current situation, and how long would tls take to contact me to come collect my passport..... I'm so anxious because I don't even know what decisions has been taken...

Why's tls taking long to contact me . As decisions has been made already.. I would thought the passport stays with VAC here in lagos and once a decisions is made, they will either issue a visa or a refusal depending on the outcome..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osoderi(m): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2021
Edirance:
Hello All..

I'm new to this forum.. just a quick question if anyone is in the same board as me.

I applied for UK spouse visa and my biometric was 24th of September it's been 63WD as of today.. at 58WD I sent a paid email and I got a quick response as follow.

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application.

It's been a week now since I got that email.. and I still haven't heard anything from TLS contact . does anyone here in the same current situation, and how long would tls take to contact me to come collect my passport..... I'm so anxious because I don't even know what decisions has been taken...

Why's tls taking long to contact me . As decisions has been made already.. I would thought the passport stays with VAC here in lagos and once a decisions is made, they will either issue a visa or a refusal depending on the outcome..

Have you track the application on TLS app? or check your application track to verify if the buttons has changed to green?

Atimes, it takes time for TLS to send mail to u but just confirm from the track.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.