Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037936 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Edirance: 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2021
Osoderi:

Have you track the application on TLS app? or check your application track to verify if the buttons has changed to green?

Atimes, it takes time for TLS to send mail to u but just confirm from the track.

Yes I have tracked it and still on 3 greens.. application still haven't been forwarded to VAC.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osoderi(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2021
Edirance:

Yes I have tracked it and still on 3 greens.. application still haven't been forwarded to VAC.

Just try to reach VAC, TLS are more organised than them
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by vikaosi: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2021
Thank you all

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2021
vikaosi:
Thank you all for answering questions and the assistance. Please I have 2 questions:

1. Please for spouse visa, is it only marriage done at Ikoyi that is acceptable?

2. Apart from Marriage certificate, is there any other major requirement. My fiance is about to move to the UK as a skilled worker. We want to put things in place so that it will be easier for me. Must we prove that we have stayed together for a certain period even after

3. I will really appreciate if I can get a contact of someone at Ikoyi registry or any other marriage registry.

Thank you.

1. Marriage registered with any government agent - LGA, any court etc is acceptable.

2. It is highly advisable to include any further information to proof that the relationship is genuine and subsisting. Example pictures of the couple, messages, any document that shows the couple have lived together such as bills. Note that it is not a requirement that you guys must have lived together.

3. As above, LGAs are the most popular agency that conduct marriages.

4. General - once you start the online application you find out other supporting documents for the application.

5. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by vikaosi: 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
Greenm5:

1. Marriage registered with any government agent - LGA, any court etc is acceptable.

2. It is highly advisable to include any further information to proof that the relationship is genuine and subsisting. Example pictures of the couple, messages, any document that shows the couple have lived together such as bills. Note that it is not a requirement that you guys must have lived together.

3. As above, LGAs are the most popular agency that conduct marriages.

4. General - once you start the online application you find out other supporting documents for the application.

5. Good luck!

Thank you so much. Your responses were helpful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hi everyone
I applied a visa for my son which is family permit.He did his biometrics AUG 6, till now we haven’t heard from them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=Muyizie post=109137566]Hi everyone
I applied a visa for my son which is family permit.He did his biometrics AUG 6, till now we haven’t heard from them.

My sympathies for your situation. I am on the same situation although mine is worse off - my wife completed biometrics on 17th June. We received a non-straightforward email. We have also done several paid email and calls and at each occasion the response we receive is that they are still processing our application and that we should bear with them.

Where did you send your application - Nigeria or within UK?

Have you done any paid email or call to them?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=Greenm5 post=109139343][/quote]

Application was done in UK
Paid mails also, repeating the same thing.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by checkmateman: 3:25am On Jan 09, 2022
Hello,

A current student in the UK BRP expiring by Jan 2023, I plan on doing a court marriage by late April and then apply for dependent visa for my wife, but I have these questions.

1) Can she apply without changing her surname since passport carries her old surname and also renewal might take longer
2) what are the likely documents apart from marriage certificate and pictures?
3) I have heard that you can only bring in dependant 6 month before expiration of your visa, is this true or can anyone provide the official web link?

Any other advice is appreciated
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2022
1. She can apply with her maiden name and there will be no issues with UKVI however if you guys plan to have all surnames consistent, you better change her details in the passport once you guys are married so all names are consistent. If her visa is on her maiden name, then she will be using that maiden name on most other things when she arrives UK e.g. Bank details, driving licence, medicals etc. Besides, to change Nigerian passport is easier and relatively cheaper to do in Nigeria than in UK and the Nigeria High Commission UK do not always have the booklet. The choice is yours!

2. In addition to marriage certificate and pictures, you may have to include text messages, documents that contain the couple's names, anything owned together and just anything to show that the relationship is subsisting.

3. I am not familiar with this so please research further.

checkmateman:
Hello,

A current student in the UK BRP expiring by Jan 2023, I plan on doing a court marriage by late April and then apply for dependent visa for my wife, but I have these questions.

1) Can she apply without changing her surname since passport carries her old surname and also renewal might take longer
2) what are the likely documents apart from marriage certificate and pictures?
3) I have heard that you can only bring in dependant 6 month before expiration of your visa, is this true or can anyone provide the official web link?

Any other advice is appreciated
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
Please guys, how can I track my application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aduke007: 6:49am On Jan 11, 2022
Muyizie:
Please guys, how can I track my application?

You go back to your application and sign in to your U.K visa application. Click on the provide documents and biometric then it will direct you to another page click on continue. Then you see track my application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 11, 2022
Aduke007:

You go back to your application and sign in to your U.K visa application. Click on the provide documents and biometric then it will direct you to another page click on continue. Then you see track my application.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tyeeee1219: 4:28am On Jan 13, 2022
Please I need clarity on this issue. A family of five applied for uk visa, wife is the main applicant as a student and paid for priority for the five of them in the first week of December 2021. The wife and the three children visas came at the same time but the husband is still waiting till now without a feedback, he even went to there office ,all they kept on saying is they will get back to him.
Please what do you advise on this issue.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:07am On Jan 13, 2022
Tyeeee1219:
Please I need clarity on this issue. A family of five applied for uk visa, wife is the main applicant as a student and paid for priority for the five of them in the first week of December 2021. The wife and the three children visas came at the same time but the husband is still waiting till now without a feedback, he even went to there office ,all they kept on saying is they will get back to him.
Please what do you advise on this issue.

Maybe husband is on a ban ........... cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
Good Day All,

I received the email below from UKVI few hours after sending a paid email enquiry regarding visa application. It said that decision has been made on the application however to allow 10 working days for VAC to contact regarding passport collection/delivery. I tracked the application and it is still at DMC. Have anyone received such email and what is the estimated turn around to status changing to "transferred to VAC" and then final passport collection? Please kindly share your experience.

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, our records indicate that decision has been made on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone.

Please allow 10 working days for the visa application centre to contact you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,

XXXXX
UK Visas and Immigration
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by headhoncho(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2022
You just need to be patient. You will be contacted soon. Please when did you do your biometrics?
Greenm5:
Good Day All,

I received the email below from UKVI few hours after sending a paid email enquiry regarding visa application. It said that decision has been made on the application however to allow 10 working days for VAC to contact regarding passport collection/delivery. I tracked the application and it is still at DMC. Have anyone received such email and what is the estimated turn around to status changing to "transferred to VAC" and then final passport collection? Please kindly share your experience.

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, our records indicate that decision has been made on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone.

Please allow 10 working days for the visa application centre to contact you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,

XXXXX
UK Visas and Immigration
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2022
Biometrics was done 17th June 2021.
headhoncho:
You just need to be patient. You will be contacted soon. Please when did you do your biometrics?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2022
Greenm5:
Biometrics was done 17th June 2021.

What type of visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 3:37am On Jan 18, 2022
Spouse visa settlement route
Muyizie:

What type of visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 18, 2022
Greenm5:
Spouse visa settlement route

Same here

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 9:54am On Jan 18, 2022
When was your biometrics?
Muyizie:

Same here
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Greenm5:
When was your biometrics?

August 6
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Greenm5: 6:37am On Jan 19, 2022
Did you receive non straightforward email?
Did they request for further info/document?
Have you escalated this by paid email or phone call?
Muyizie:

August 6
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bunmiann: 3:55am On Jan 23, 2022
[quote author=Kayla2021 post=105117340]

@justwise, please kindly assist,I linked my dependants applications to mine and paid for IHS for my dependants first,however,mine had issues and the application was cancelled. I was advised to apply afresh and ask for refund for my dependants. What email would I use,meanwhile I have not paid for visa application for them.

Did you later get a refund?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by coolMeenah: 8:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nov 26 biometrics done, today makes it 42 working days, the wait is really depressing �� any Nov applicant in the house.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Debbiespicy: 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2022
November 16 and still waiting.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lola94(f): 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2022
Hi everyone...please I need your help...got a refusal letter for EUSS Fp because we got married after a specific date . We are trying now to apply for Spouse visa...so I need all the information I can get on what to do first and how to go about it...thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by coolMeenah: 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
Debbiespicy:
November 16 and still waiting.

I hope we get the positive response soon�

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.