Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1040677 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 7:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
coolMeenah:
Here is it, I really don't know if its a generic one, but this has really got me upset coz my application was really a straight forward one

Definitely not generic, this is a specific email to your case. So basically they are having an issue deciding one way or the other. Since your application is a settlement one then you have another few working days to go I think. I am praying for you that it would be positive, don’t be anxious, just see the outcome and see what you need to do next.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nelsola: 1:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
Good day everyone, i just got my passport from TLS contact in Lagos and there's no visa in it and i didn't get any email saying i was denied the UK visa. I'm really not sure how to proceed on the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by coolMeenah: 6:51am On Feb 26, 2022
nelsola:
Good day everyone, i just got my passport from TLS contact in Lagos and there's no visa in it and i didn't get any email saying i was denied the UK visa. I'm really not sure how to proceed on the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

Wen was your bio and what type of visa? probably you should contact your local MP to know what's up.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 8:20am On Feb 26, 2022
nelsola:

That’s a bit weird, you need to contact UKVI and relay this information to them. Has to be some kind of error, you definitely should be getting a response, whether it’s positive, negative or whatever. Email them, ask questions etc Just make sure you detail your GWF number, contact email, name etc
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Arajoyful: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hello everyone finally I got to join this platform
Please guys I am new here I have couple of questions to ask.
My husband and I applied for spousal visa few months ago but got denied due to the agent we use
He use a false bank statement without our knowledge it was in the refusal email we got to find out..
We recently applied again and my biometric was on 23 November 2021 and we have put all the necessary documents together,Due to the past refusal I am very scared and it’s been over 60wD no response from the visa office. The last message I got was my application have been received by the clearance officer
And I really don’t know how to do the paid mail thing can someone please help me with the link�
(
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by coolMeenah: 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kaykayb: 1:00am On Feb 28, 2022
Hello everyone!

I’m looking to apply for my husband’s spousal visa but was hoping to get some clarification re accommodation. I currently stay in a 4 bed shared accommodation in London, and was unsure if this would qualify as suitable accommodation. I’m hoping I won’t have to move to a new flat as I don’t want to be locked into a 6 months contract since I’m likely to relocate to a different city once my husband is here. Question is, has anyone one applied whilst living in a shared apartment please? What documents did you have to submit, and how do they determine suitability? I haven’t spoken to my landlord yet to see if he’s able to write a letter as I’m unsure what other things I’d need of him. Please help!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 9:24am On Feb 28, 2022
Kaykayb:
Hello everyone!

I’m looking to apply for my husband’s spousal visa but was hoping to get some clarification re accommodation. I currently stay in a 4 bed shared accommodation in London, and was unsure if this would qualify as suitable accommodation. I’m hoping I won’t have to move to a new flat as I don’t want to be locked into a 6 months contract since I’m likely to relocate to a different city once my husband is here. Question is, has anyone one applied whilst living in a shared apartment please? What documents did you have to submit, and how do they determine suitability? I haven’t spoken to my landlord yet to see if he’s able to write a letter as I’m unsure what other things I’d need of him. Please help!

Do you have a signed contract with your name on it? If so that would help. Suitable accommodation would be a property that you own, rent or shared but it would be nice to prove that, and how do you prove it? By having something that shows you have access to the property, like you pay the rent or council tax etc. There might be others on here who have applied and have a better knowledge to myself.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kaykayb: 9:28am On Feb 28, 2022
Ray7878:

Do you have a signed contract with your name on it? If so that would help. Suitable accommodation would be a property that you own, rent or shared but it would be nice to prove that, and how do you prove it? By having something that shows you have access to the property, like you pay the rent or council tax etc. There might be others on here who have applied and have a better knowledge to myself.

Thanks for your response, I have my assured shorthold tenancy agreement, would that suffice? The flat uses a prepaid meter registered in the landlord’s name so I don’t exactly have other bills in my name. I’ve seen a few people mention letters from landlords and some sort of inspection. Was just wondering what sort of letter was required and how to get the inspection. Would also appreciate if anyone else has any information as to what other documents I’d need to provide.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by coolMeenah: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
After getting Non straight forward email on the 58WD, when is the proper time to escalate ones application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dalourde(f): 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
Good day house, it’s been a while…
I joined my husband in the UK sometime in November 2020 (all thanks to this wonderful forum). I am planning to apply for my daughter (17 years) to join me in the UK and just wanted to know all the documents that I need for the application.
PS: my husband is not her father, had her when I was a teenager. Also, she bears my last name although her father’s name is on her birth certificate.
Please advice on a way to go about this. Thanks in advance.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 8:53am On Mar 04, 2022
coolMeenah:
After getting Non straight forward email on the 58WD, when is the proper time to escalate ones application.

I would say after the 60WD. Then escalate it..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 8:55am On Mar 04, 2022
dalourde:
I joined my husband in the UK sometime in November 2020 (all thanks to this wonderful forum). I am planning to apply for my daughter (17 years) to join me in the UK and just wanted to know all the documents that I need for the application.
PS: my husband is not her father, had her when I was a teenager. Also, she bears my last name although her father’s name is on her birth certificate.

Did you put her name in your initial application? As a child/dependant of yours?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2022
dalourde:

You have under one year to go, once she turns 18...... It becomes more difficult.......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 9:08am On Mar 04, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You have under one year to go, once she turns 18...... It becomes more difficult.......

I was about to ask her when does she turn 18, because honestly it would become very difficult for her if she turns 18 if this isn’t sorted out now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dalourde(f): 9:10am On Mar 04, 2022
Ray7878:

Did you put her name in your initial application? As a child/dependant of yours?

Yes
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dalourde(f): 9:11am On Mar 04, 2022
Ray7878:

I was about to ask her when does she turn 18, because honestly it would become very difficult for her if she turns 18 if this isn’t sorted out now.

She’d be 18 February next year
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 9:23am On Mar 04, 2022
dalourde:

She’d be 18 February next year

Amazing!!! I was so scared for her, she is basically entitled to whatever visa you currently have. So appt for her right away as your dependent. The usual documentation would be mostly the same thing that you need when you were doing your application.

If she’s going to go to college in the UK then try and look for one for her now, get her to do the TB test, English test etc, your and your husband financially details (Bank statements, payslips), your daughters passport, birth certificate etc.

Just check gov.uk for child dependent application and the list is there. Better to sort it out in the next 4-6 months.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dalourde(f): 10:34am On Mar 04, 2022
Ray7878:

Amazing!!! I was so scared for her, she is basically entitled to whatever visa you currently have. So appt for her right away as your dependent. The usual documentation would be mostly the same thing that you need when you were doing your application.

If she’s going to go to college in the UK then try and look for one for her now, get her to do the TB test, English test etc, your and your husband financially details (Bank statements, payslips), your daughters passport, birth certificate etc.

Just check gov.uk for child dependent application and the list is there. Better to sort it out in the next 4-6 months.

Thanks. My plan is to apply for her next month so that as soon as she’s done with WAEC and NECO, her visa should be out (hopefully �).

One more question, is she to do the English test? I though, she’s classified as a Child?

Also, do I need any letter from her father (like letter of authorisation) since his name is mentioned in her birth certificate?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2022
dalourde:

Thanks. My plan is to apply for her next month so that as soon as she’s done with WAEC and NECO, her visa should be out (hopefully �).

One more question, is she to do the English test? I though, she’s classified as a Child?

Also, do I need any letter from her father (like letter of authorisation) since his name is mentioned in her birth certificate?

The English test is just to make sure they don’t have any excuses whatsoever. At the end of the day Nigeria is an English speaking country, but if she was 12-15 I would say don’t bother, but because she is 17 and is coming to settle here finally I would say just get her to do it and tick it off your bucket list, with my wife her daughters are 8 and 12 so they don’t need it.

In terms of letter from her father, am not sure if you need that, why? The fact that you have her last name as yourself was genius. If she was bearing her biological fathers last name then you might need the letter to take her out of the country.

With my wife her daughters have their fathers last name and we are trying to get that change ASAP.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dalourde(f): 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2022
Ray7878:

The English test is just to make sure they don’t have any excuses whatsoever. At the end of the day Nigeria is an English speaking country, but if she was 12-15 I would say don’t bother, but because she is 17 and is coming to settle here finally I would say just get her to do it and tick it off your bucket list, with my wife her daughters are 8 and 12 so they don’t need it.

In terms of letter from her father, am not sure if you need that, why? The fact that you have her last name as yourself was genius. If she was bearing her biological fathers last name then you might need the letter to take her out of the country.

With my wife her daughters have their fathers last name and we are trying to get that change ASAP.

Thanks so much.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Akinwalesuarez: 7:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hi, I am currently a tier 4 visa holder visa expiring in September and I plan to apply for a spouse visa instead of a post study, can you guide me through the process of yours and what documents you put in place thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Akinwalesuarez: 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
I am currently in the uk on a tier 4 visa planning to apply for a spouse visa after marrying my partner here in the uk probably next month. Visa expires in September. We’re not having a big wedding, just signing and 2 witnesses. Is there anyone who has gone through this process or sth similar. I need helpppppo
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Akinwalesuarez: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
lola94:
Hi everyone...please I need your help...got a refusal letter for EUSS Fp because we got married after a specific date . We are trying now to apply for Spouse visa...so I need all the information I can get on what to do first and how to go about it...thanks

What have you found out, I’m in a similar boat
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
- Your wedding certificate.
- Your Masters certificate as proof of English and evidence of program completion.
- Pictures.
- Joint bills.
- Evidence of correspondence to both of you at the address - Letters from HMRC/DVLA/DWP/NHS/School etc., Bank statement, tenancy agreement, Utility bills , phone bills and anything that shows that you live together.
- Evidence of council tax payments.
- Evidence of monthly rent/mortgage/property ownership, if you or your partner own the house.
- Your spouse's BRP/Passport.
- Your passport & current BRP
- Evidence of funds (minimum of £18,600/year) - if you work, you can submit your statement & payslip alongside that of your husband.
- Signed 3rd party consent form for verification checks since you'll be using your spouse's documents.
- Letter from your partner's (& yours, if working) employer(s), confirming employment, gross annual salary, annual salary after tax and National Insurance contributions, length of employment and type of employment (permanent, fixed-term, contract or agency)
Akinwalesuarez:
I am currently in the uk on a tier 4 visa planning to apply for a spouse visa after marrying my partner here in the uk probably next month. Visa expires in September. We’re not having a big wedding, just signing and 2 witnesses. Is there anyone who has gone through this process or sth similar. I need helpppppo
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by uwaire: 6:09pm On Mar 17, 2022
I got this email today, don’t know if anyone has received it

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2022
uwaire:

Yep they are sending this to most applicants for a UK visa. They are currently focusing on the Ukrainian thing as specified in your letter. Most just have to wait as usual.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2022
uwaire:

When did you apply?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by uwaire: 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
Dec.22nd
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Temitoppe(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
Hi Everyone,

By the time I will submit my UK VISA (student visa) application, I would have 5 months left before my passport expires.

Can I use it in my UK VISA application??
Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Debbyaura: 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2022
nma01:
Thanks alot, called IOM and was told that they have the double shield protector for the xray. I will go for that option when am ready next month.
Please how did your experience with the X-ray go?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 10:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
uwaire:
Dec.22nd

That’s over 60WD, I wonder how long those of us that applied this year would have to wait, please update us when they make a decision on your application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.