Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038189 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 10:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
Temitoppe:
Hi Everyone,

By the time I will submit my UK VISA (student visa) application, I would have 5 months left before my passport expires.

Can I use it in my UK VISA application??
Thanks.

I think it needs to have 6 months validity, I’m not very sure.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2022
Temitoppe:
Hi Everyone,

By the time I will submit my UK VISA (student visa) application, I would have 5 months left before my passport expires.

Can I use it in my UK VISA application??
Thanks.

That’s not good to be honest, it would serve you best to get a new passport before you submit your application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2022
youniq:

That’s over 60WD, I wonder how long those of us that applied this year would have to wait, please update us when they make a decision on your application.

I have seen some getting theirs before 60WD on this forum. So I really don’t understand anymore. Some applied for spouse visa via their partners that were studying, I think those ones are quicker from what I have noticed. The ones who married British citizens seems a lot longer.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
Arajoyful:
Hello everyone finally I got to join this platform
Please guys I am new here I have couple of questions to ask.
My husband and I applied for spousal visa few months ago but got denied due to the agent we use
He use a false bank statement without our knowledge it was in the refusal email we got to find out..
We recently applied again and my biometric was on 23 November 2021 and we have put all the necessary documents together,Due to the past refusal I am very scared and it’s been over 60wD no response from the visa office. The last message I got was my application have been received by the clearance officer
And I really don’t know how to do the paid mail thing can someone please help me with the link�
(

Are you sure you are not banned? This current application could trigger the 10yrs ban
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 11:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ray7878:

I have seen some getting theirs before 60WD on this forum. So I really don’t understand anymore. Some applied for spouse visa via their partners that were studying, I think those ones are quicker from what I have noticed. The ones who married British citizens seems a lot longer.

Seems it’s going to be a long waiting list, I hope people don’t end up waiting for up to 6months.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 12:11am On Mar 21, 2022
youniq:

Seems it’s going to be a long waiting list, I hope people don’t end up waiting for up to 6months.

Yeah it’s crazy how people are separated from their spouse. But we got to remember that there are other countries also applying in the same way Nigerian are. I was checking online and saw multiple threads within India, they all were going through the same thing as Nigerians are. It’s a game of patience.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Temitoppe(m): 7:17am On Mar 21, 2022
Ooh, okay.
Thank you.
youniq:

I think it needs to have 6 months validity, I’m not very sure.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Temitoppe(m): 7:18am On Mar 21, 2022
Okay, I will get it renewed before then. Thank you.
Ray7878:

That’s not good to be honest, it would serve you best to get a new passport before you submit your application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by BellM: 5:07am On Mar 26, 2022
Hello y'all,
I got married in December, before then my spouse had already started his visa application (student visa) so he registered as unmarried. He left about 5 days after we wed, now he wants me to join him in UK.. How would this work please? I'd really appreciate any suggestion right now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 10:17am On Mar 26, 2022
BellM:
Hello y'all,
I got married in December, before then my spouse had already started his visa application (student visa) so he registered as unmarried. He left about 5 days after we wed, now he wants me to join him in UK.. How would this work please? I'd really appreciate any suggestion right now.

If you guys got married in December then Spouse Visa would be the best option.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by BellM: 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
Thank you. I've been trying to book TB test online, it's not going through. Is there any other way of booking a spot online?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2022
BellM:
Thank you. I've been trying to book TB test online, it's not going through. Is there any other way of booking a spot online?

From what I have heard it’s best to go to the centre and speak to the people around the place. Booking it online is like looking for manna to fall from heaven. You can or not get lucky with dates.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by checkmateman: 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
BellM:
Hello y'all,

Since he is on student visa, you can apply for dependent visa, support it with all possible documents,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LadyXB: 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
Hello house,

Thank you for all the posts, everyone’s testimonies have really been helping me through this excruciating wait.

Please has anyone who applied in January 2022 heard back yet?

My spouse and I have passed 60days but we have heard nothing
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 4:11pm On Apr 15, 2022
LadyXB:

Hello house,

Thank you for all the posts, everyone’s testimonies have really been helping me through this excruciating wait.

Please has anyone who applied in January 2022 heard back yet?

My spouse and I have passed 60days but we have heard nothing

My wife did her biometrics on the 28th of Jan, we haven’t heard anything back yet. Granted it isn’t 60 working day for us until the end of April. But we have done 3 paid emails and no decision has been made yet from the replies.

When was the bio done for us?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LadyXB: 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2022
Thanks for the reply.

Ours was done on the 17th January

Several paid calls but still no decision

They’re just saying that the Ukraine crisis is causing some delays and they can not give specific timelines

I guess we’ll just have to wait and pray

Ray7878:

My wife did her biometrics on the 28th of Jan, we haven’t heard anything back yet. Granted it isn’t 60 working day for us until the end of April. But we have done 3 paid emails and no decision has been made yet from the replies.

When was the bio done for us?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2022
LadyXB:
Thanks for the reply.

Ours was done on the 17th January

Several paid calls but still no decision

They’re just saying that the Ukraine crisis is causing some delays and they can not give specific timelines

I guess we’ll just have to wait and pray

Yeah that’s what they told us. I am actually patient but my wife isn’t. And I can understand her feelings. It’s not easy having a long distance marriage lol.

Anyways goodluck. I would update this forum when she gets hers, many people come here, ask questions but never return to let others know anything.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by YuzasiF: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2022
Good day House,

I did my biometrics on the 24th of January for the Uk spouse Visa. I was told it was currently being prepared for consideration by an ECO on the 2nd of march and about 6 days ago 14th of April i was mailed about them refocusing their resources on the Ukrainians.

I dont know how long the wait is going to be but at the end of this wait i hope the outcome is what we have been praying for.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2022
YuzasiF:
Good day House,

I did my biometrics on the 24th of January for the Uk spouse Visa. I was told it was currently being prepared for consideration by an ECO on the 2nd of march and about 6 days ago 14th of April i was mailed about them refocusing their resources on the Ukrainians.

I dont know how long the wait is going to be but at the end of this wait i hope the outcome is what we have been praying for.

Cheers

Thanks for your update, please let us know when you hear from them again. The 60wd wait isn’t even the issue, it’s this new indefinite wait that’s so concerning, whew.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
YuzasiF:
Good day House,

Cheers

My wife had her biometrics on the 28th of Jan in Lagos Ikeja. They send her this on Easter Monday gone. Why? Because this week would be her coming to the 60WD time, this is just about patience.

Not sure if they have even got through the ones from December yet, as no one has come back to update their post.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by YuzasiF: 11:20am On Apr 21, 2022
youniq:

Thanks for your update, please let us know when you hear from them again. The 60wd wait isn’t even the issue, it’s this new indefinite wait that’s so concerning, whew.

Good morning Youniq. I will as soon as i get a feedback. They aren't even clear on how soon we would get a reply

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by YuzasiF: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2022
Ray7878:

My wife had her biometrics on the 28th of Jan in Lagos Ikeja. They send her this on Easter Monday gone. Why? Because this week would be her coming to the 60WD time, this is just about patience.

Not sure if they have even got through the ones from December yet, as no one has come back to update their post.

I have read cases of the HO telling an applicant about their application to be not straightforward and towards the end of that week the applicant gets a decision made on their application.

What i have been asking myself is could this mean our applications are being attended to but might take a while. so as to put them on the right side of things they act proactively to inform we the applicant so it doesnt seem like they are incompetent when the agreed waiting period is exceeded?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2022
YuzasiF:

I have read cases of the HO telling an applicant about their application to be not straightforward and towards the end of that week the applicant gets a decision made on their application.

What i have been asking myself is could this mean our applications are being attended to but might take a while. so as to put them on the right side of things they act proactively to inform we the applicant so it doesnt seem like they are incompetent when the agreed waiting period is exceeded?

To be honest I really don’t know grin, they have the Ukraine thing as an excuse now. But we are still checking every other day to see if they have sorted it out. You pay almost £4000 to wait for like 4-6 months lol, it’s a joke to be honest.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hello All, I’m planning on applying in June. I will like to ask if anyone has made payment for the fees from Nigeria and how they were able to? Also, I’ve read in previous post, that the amounts are shown in dollar and not pounds when making the payment. Please, what is the dollar equivalent for the IHS and Visa fee? on the portal? And how much is the extra charges added when paying. As I intend to change naira to dollars and put in my domicillary account, then transfer to the card account, once it transferred, I cannot transfer it back to my dollar account.
I will prefer a seamless way of paying with no issues.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 8:29am On Apr 22, 2022
Eastner:
Hello All, I’m planning on applying in June. I will like to ask if anyone has made payment for the fees from Nigeria and how they were able to? Also, I’ve read in previous post, that the amounts are shown in dollar and not pounds when making the payment. Please, what is the dollar equivalent for the IHS and Visa fee? on the portal? And how much is the extra charges added when paying. As I intend to change naira to dollars and put in my domicillary account, then transfer to the card account, once it transferred, I cannot transfer it back to my dollar account.
I will prefer a seamless way of paying with no issues.

Personal experience here, I made the payment for my wife’s app in the UK, but am sure there are others who knows about paying for it in Nigeria without any issues.

Yes the fees are in dollars not pounds, it’s rough $4700 which was around £3700 when we made the payment.

The application fee was 2125 dollars, the IHS was around 2612.13 dollars.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by hodley007: 11:51am On Apr 22, 2022
PLEASE GURUS, URGENT ANSWER...

The POF for Dependant(spouse) where is it advisable to have the money, the Sponsor(student) who is already in the UK or the Dependant spouse planning to join? Please I need urgent reply and I will appreciate those that have done it successfully and issued visa.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
Ray7878:

Personal experience here, I made the payment for my wife’s app in the UK, but am sure there are others who knows about paying for it in Nigeria without any issues.

Yes the fees are in dollars not pounds, it’s rough $4700 which was around £3700 when we made the payment.

The application fee was 2125 dollars, the IHS was around 2612.13 dollars.

Thanks a lot, it does help.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Iheoma1: 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
Pls are they attending to students visa despite of the ukrain excuses from them.?

Have anyone apply for students visa this year, in abuja, have u gotten approval.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by djbaju(m): 2:45pm On May 01, 2022
Good day house,

I have plans apply for a UK spouse visa.

Do I need English proficiency compulsorily cos I read it on the UK site?
Also I want to ask is it possible my spouse apply on my behalf in UK while I am in Nigeria.

He is coming to Nigeria next weekend and we are having our wedding in few weeks time.

I appreciate all your feedbacks thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 6:59pm On May 01, 2022
djbaju:
Good day house,

I have plans apply for a UK spouse visa.

Do I need English proficiency compulsorily cos I read it on the UK site?
Also I want to ask is it possible my spouse apply on my behalf in UK while I am in Nigeria.

He is coming to Nigeria next weekend and we are having our wedding in few weeks time.

I appreciate all your feedbacks thanks.

Yes you need a English certificate unless you have a degree etc and Yes you spouse can apply for you from the UK. I applied from here for my spouse.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by djbaju(m): 10:29pm On May 01, 2022
Thanks i appreciate

Ray7878:

Yes you need a English certificate unless you have a degree etc and Yes you spouse can apply for you from the UK. I applied from here for my spouse.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.