Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,856 members, 7,851,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:17 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1046961 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
mato-justo:
@Target007,i say a very big congratulation!!!!! To u,am so much happy for u. I wish all the rest on Appeal issue successfull outcome in jesus name. @girlfio & justwise,i must greet u pple,merry xmas and prosperous new year in Advance.

@mato-justo, many thanks wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
leeon2011:

@girlfio .@justwise and other members in the house 
I just get now another mail from tribunal
What they exactly trying to say plz plz help me out

Thank you for your e-mail.

A sponsor (authorised or not) is not considered a party to an appeal and the Tribunal is therefore unable to provide you with the outcome of this appeal

@ leeon2011 I will advise you to really exercise patience. I understand what you are passing through but you cannot force these guys in the tribunal, they will always follow or exceed the allocated times to the appeal processes. I wish you and your wife the very best of luck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
target007:

@ leeon2011 I will advise you to really exercise patience. I understand what you are passing through but you cannot force these guys in the tribunal, they will always follow or exceed the allocated times to the appeal processes. I wish you and your wife the very best of luck.

@target007
Thank you so much for ur advise

u right but we didn't push them that mail they send my wife
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
Any information on the appeal process and how long it will take?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dideoluayantund: 9:50am On Dec 21, 2013
Hello everyone,is there any judgement yet on the financial threshold on the settlement visa, or is it been suspended and no used as a ground for refusal?Thanks to u all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 11:39am On Dec 21, 2013
I believe the financial threshold is still the same £18,600.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hopeforallone: I believe the financial threshold is still the same £18,600.

Still the same but i think it will go down next year to 15000
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dideoluayantund: 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
@ just wise and et all many thanks.My application is now exactly 3months and i havent heard anything from them and the status remains the same as at when i applied.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hopeforallone: Any information on the appeal process and how long it will take?

Bit hard to judge this one, it depends on the embassy and the workload of the visa office. For the initial ECM review it can take anything from 1 to 6 months. If the case goes to court, it can take a further 5 months to receive the judges decision.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
I suppose its just a waiting game. Its a hard process though, the best thing to do is to focus on other things and keep your mind busy.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sojay(m): 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hello house,

Kindly assist me with my present dilemma concerning my UK visa application that was recently refused me (few days back). It's important to state the following:
(1) I work in a financial institution. My take home(After tax) is N178,681. Married with kids.
(2) I'm solely responsible for the trip(financially). My aunt is ONLY accommodating me and won't be parting with her money.
(3) At no time(neither on the application form nor at the interview) did i state that my aunt will sponsor my trip.
(4) My aunt stated on the email that her bank statement does not show enough money as at the time i requested for it as one of the supporting documents. She however forwarded others which i attached along with the email.

Quoting the ECO "You have applied to visit the UK for a 2 week holiday. You have said on your visa application form that your aunt in the UK will sponsor you. You were interviewed on 17/12/2013 and confirmed this. You have submitted a letter of invitation,passport copy,copy of pension statement and an email as supporting evidence. I note that the email from your aunt dated 19/09/2013 stated that your aunt's bank statement does not have enough money to maintain you while you are there, and that she only receives her pension as an income.As a result, I am not satisfied that the evidence provided is a true reflection of your sponsor financial circumstances or that these funds are available to you. On the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph, 41(vi) and (vii) of HC395.

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1))c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002" (www.legislation.gov.uk)

How should I go about the whole thing now? Please your kind responses....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dideoluayantund: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
@ just wise and et all many thanks.My application is now exactly 3months and i havent heard anything from them and the status remains the same as at when i applied for a settlement visa from Jordan.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2013
Hello
@girlfio. @justwise and other members in the house

am really stuck 2 is b n nearly month nothing heard from judge any idea how long is can take n
how many day they off Xmas
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
@=sojay

As you know, the right of appeal for a tourist visa is limited so I'm not sure it will be worth appealing the decision. It might be an idea to reapply. Include in the application a statement making clear that your aunt has invited you to stay with her and is not a sponsor for your application. I expect you included your own bank statements and proof of ability to support yourself. Highlight these in your application and note that your aunt's documents have been included purely to verify that you have a place to stay and that she has agreed to accommodate you throughout your stay. You'll need to breakdown how much it will cost for your entire stay including flights and then evidence that these funds are available to you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
dideoluayantund: @ just wise and et all many thanks.My application is now exactly 3months and i havent heard anything from them and the status remains the same as at when i applied for a settlement visa from Jordan.

The UKBA have advised that they can take up to 6 months to process the initial application. I expect that you should hear from them within the next few weeks. Unfortunately they don't give u much of an indication as to which stage u are in the process but I'm sure you shouldn't have much longer to wait for a response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
leeon2011: Hello

am really stuck 2 is b n nearly month nothing heard from judge any idea how long is can take n

Since its the Christmas season, they may have less staff over the period due to annual leave. The office will probably be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year. This could delay the processing of paper work slightly. I pray you get the judges response in early January
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dideoluayantund: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
@Girflio Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
girlfio:

Since its the Christmas season, they may have less staff over the period due to annual leave. The office will probably be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year. This could delay the processing of paper work slightly. I pray you get the judges response in early January

Thank you

girlfio merry Christmas and Happy new year

Hope u have great time
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
leeon2011: Hello

You got nothing to worry about, it takes that long, couple of years ago, i appealed visa refusal, went to tribunal on Jan 10th, i did not hear from the tribunal till mid-Feb and my visa finally arrived March. So what you are experiencing now is normal.

Xmas break is the same everywhere, Xmas day and boxing day off then new year, workers goes back to work Jan 1st.

Please be patient and enjoy your Xmas.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
dideoluayantund: @ just wise and et all many thanks.My application is now exactly 3months and i havent heard anything from them and the status remains the same as at when i applied for a settlement visa from Jordan.

3 months is still within their time frame, going by the time scale like girlfio mentioned you still don't need to worry yet. You will be looking at Jan/Feb for the outcome.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas everyone. It's been an interesting year for many of us. Whether you've celebrated successful outcomes or are currently waiting for your good news, give thanks to God for what He has made possible. Be reminded that the visa is not the end of the story, life will continue to have its challenges. The character you develop now will keep you for the battles of tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
Thank you 

Justwise merry Christmas and Happy new year 

Hope u have great time

justwise:

You got nothing to worry about, it takes that long, couple of years ago, i appealed visa refusal, went to tribunal on Jan 10th, i did not hear from the tribunal till mid-Feb and my visa finally arrived March. So what you are experiencing now is normal.

Xmas break is the same everywhere, Xmas day and boxing day off then new year, workers goes back to work Jan 1st.

Please be patient and enjoy your Xmas.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dideoluayantund: 5:13am On Dec 25, 2013
@just wise.many thanks and Merry xmas to you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Dec 25, 2013
dideoluayantund: @just wise.many thanks and Merry xmas to you.

Merry xmas, have a gr8 one.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:32am On Dec 25, 2013
leeon2011: Thank you 

Justwise merry Christmas and Happy new year 

Hope u have great time

Merry xmas, enjoy every moment of it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry xmas to everyone. Have a gr8 time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sojay(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2013
girlfio: @=sojay

As you know, the right of appeal for a tourist visa is limited so I'm not sure it will be worth appealing the decision. It might be an idea to reapply. Include in the application a statement making clear that your aunt has invited you to stay with her and is not a sponsor for your application. I expect you included your own bank statements and proof of ability to support yourself. Highlight these in your application and note that your aunt's documents have been included purely to verify that you have a place to stay and that she has agreed to accommodate you throughout your stay. You'll need to breakdown how much it will cost for your entire stay including flights and then evidence that these funds are available to you.

@girlfo,

Many thanks for your response. I need to also state that it was a visitor visa. I stated and included all these things. Do i need my aunt to state/make an undertaking that i'll be staying solely with her? Can she state all these via email too. Again, when do you fill is the best time to re-apply please?.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by reeq(m): 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
Season Greetings everyone
Please if someone given a 10year Ban can it be appealed? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
reeq: Season Greetings everyone
Please if someone given a 10year Ban can it be appealed? Thanks

What type of visa did you apply for? Appeal is allowed in certain type of visa and within specific time after refusal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
sojay:

@girlfo,

Many thanks for your response. I need to also state that it was a visitor visa. I stated and included all these things. Do i need my aunt to state/make an undertaking that i'll be staying solely with her? Can she state all these via email too. Again, when do you fill is the best time to re-apply please?.

I think you can apply anytime, it's not a mark of desperation if u apply sooner rather than later. Just note with your application that you are making this application because you still have plans to visit your aunt and that you meet the requirements for this tourist visa. Then list the documents you've submitted, noting by each one how it meets the visa requirements. As long as you make it clear that you are solely financing your visit, they should then use this to evaluate your application. I believe your aunt can stipulate the conditions of the invite via email, if not, I'm sure someone else on this forum can advise.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eishai: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2013
Merry xmas and happy new year to all my friends over here........may god bless alll and heal us from pain n all of us waiting for whatever in their life may get soon very soon amen
Enjoy the season love to all
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by reeq(m): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
justwise:

What type of visa did you apply for? Appeal is allowed in certain type of visa and within specific time after refusal.
Was a 10years Ban(student visa) Had to do with the 28days stuff(Long Story). Can it be Appealed? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.