Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1049231 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
Good2b bak home grin, thank God was rectified.Weldone to all working to keep dis forum alive God bless u all real good Amen!!!
Congrats to damyoyepitan,will b a blessed visa in Jesus name Amen!!! @Dunique u will hear good news soon in Jesus name Amen!!!@hopeforallone God has said it and it settles it U shall be favoured in Jesus name Amen!!!
Our solicitor is suggesting we put in anoda appeal concerning the notice of refusal under 320(7b) Which I was given in Abuja after they requested 4my passport. Our ongoing appeal states the weeks given for review and that after July 1st 2014 we will b contacted.
Is dis a right move to make? Can one have 2appeals going on? What do we do? Will appreciate our advice. Tanx a lot and God bless us all Amen!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry359(m): 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
fazo14:
Our solicitor is suggesting we put in anoda appeal
Is dis a right move to make? C

Your soliciter sounds like a thief agent!
REMEMBER your soliciter will get paid, the more applications the more he get's paid!
YOU ARE DOING THE PAYING!
Just think things through (or do you have money to burn?)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
fazo14: Good2b bak home grin, thank God was rectified.Weldone to all working to keep dis forum alive God bless u all real good Amen!!!
Congrats to damyoyepitan,will b a blessed visa in Jesus name Amen!!! @Dunique u will hear good news soon in Jesus name Amen!!!@hopeforallone God has said it and it settles it U shall be favoured in Jesus name Amen!!!
Our solicitor is suggesting we put in anoda appeal concerning the notice of refusal under 320(7b) Which I was given in Abuja after they requested 4my passport. Our ongoing appeal states the weeks given for review and that after July 1st 2014 we will b contacted.

Is dis a right move to make? Can one have 2appeals going on? What do we do? Will appreciate our advice. Tanx a lot and God bless us all Amen!!!

Don't send in another appeal, wait until you hear from them then take it up from there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
Tanx a lot @worry359 and justwise.
We contacted the court,and we were asked to send an email,giving details of how passport was requested for and returned back with the documents used for the appeal. According to the lady its unusual for the documents to be given to me. The appeal is still on and we will hear from them 7-10working days.
Concerning the refusal note of ban given,she adviced that we appeal it, else it stands after the 28days to appeal it elapse.
We just hope and pray to make the right decision. All this is a lot to take in. Pls advice tanx a lot
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2014
@ dunique - September
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by emafav: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
Dear House,
My Friend is planning to get a job for me with a standard company in USA due to my working experience. After getting the employment letter. How can I process my Work permit and what document are my expecting from the Company to get Visa. Please, I need quick and reliable answer
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 2:12am On Jul 05, 2014
Hello all,
Did anybody that is appealing receive any email as this :

Following the legal challenge to the financial threshold of Appendix FM, please find attached a revised refusal notice which contains a final decision relating to the financial threshold. This is the version that will be used at the appeal hearing. You do not have an additional right of appeal against this decision as you have already submitted your appeal. This revised notice is not a new decision therefore you do not need to do anything. Please read it carefully.

But nothing was attached.

What does this mean?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2014
sunnychic: Hello all,
Did anybody that is appealing receive any email as this :

Following the legal challenge to the financial threshold of Appendix FM, please find attached a revised refusal notice which contains a final decision relating to the financial threshold. This is the version that will be used at the appeal hearing. You do not have an additional right of appeal against this decision as you have already submitted your appeal. This revised notice is not a new decision therefore you do not need to do anything. Please read it carefully.

But nothing was attached.

What does this mean?

You need to email them back to request for the attachment.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dgoodrich101: 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
@justwise please i need your assistance ,

I applied for a 5 years uk visiting visa in September 2013 and was denied an entry visa under paragraph 320(a), i sent in an administrative review through a solicitor who helped in writing them that i was actually ignorant of the claim by them, i got a response from them recently stating that they are satisfied with the denial of the visa officer . and state the below.

Your client has a limited right of appeal as outlined in the refusal notice. Your client is of course free to submit a fresh application any time at any of our visa application centres. If he decides to reapply, an attempt should be made to address the concerns outlined in the refusal notice. I cannot however guarantee the outcome of any future application. Your client should be aware that as his application was refused under paragraph 320 (7A), any further applications may fall to be refused under paragraph 320(7B) of the Immigration Rules, (subject to the requirements set out in paragraph 320 (7C).

Was thinking of applying again soonest but i will like to seek your advice or does it mean when one is refused under paragraph 3201(a) he or she is authomatcially on the 10years Ban.

Will be glad if you can please advice me please can i get your phone # or email please @justwise
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
dgoodrich101: @justwise please i need your assistance ,

I applied for a 5 years uk visiting visa in September 2013 and was denied an entry visa under paragraph 320(a), i sent in an administrative review through a solicitor who helped in writing them that i was actually ignorant of the claim by them, i got a response from them recently stating that they are satisfied with the denial of the visa officer . and state the below.

Your client has a limited right of appeal as outlined in the refusal notice. Your client is of course free to submit a fresh application any time at any of our visa application centres. If he decides to reapply, an attempt should be made to address the concerns outlined in the refusal notice. I cannot however guarantee the outcome of any future application. Your client should be aware that as his application was refused under paragraph 320 (7A), any further applications may fall to be refused under paragraph 320(7B) of the Immigration Rules, (subject to the requirements set out in paragraph 320 (7C).

Was thinking of applying again soonest but i will like to seek your advice or does it mean when one is refused under paragraph 3201(a) he or she is authomatcially on the 10years Ban.

Will be glad if you can please advice me please can i get your phone # or email please @justwise

Did you submit any fake/forged documents or misrepresent any material during your first application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dgoodrich101: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
justwise: Did you submit any fake/forged documents or misrepresent any material during your first application?

Yes they claim they saw a fake Ghanian immigration stamp and i wrote them through my Solicitor telling them that the i really travelled to Ghana and i didnt solicit for any assistance what so ever at the port of entry , and that was the result i got during the Administrative review but i didnt have any issue during my 1st 6 month visa and 2 years visa this happened when i applied for the renewal for 5 years visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
dgoodrich101:

Yes they claim they saw a fake Ghanian immigration stamp and i wrote them through my Solicitor telling them that the i really travelled to Ghana and i didnt solicit for any assistance what so ever at the port of entry , and that was the result i got during the Administrative review but i didnt have any issue during my 1st 6 month visa and 2 years visa this happened when i applied for the renewal for 5 years visa

The issue is whether the stamp is fake or not, its not whether you traveled to Ghana or not, they wouldn't have called it fake if there was no check to determine the authenticity of that stamp. When you appealed and the ECM withheld ECO's decision that means that they have reconsidered all the documents again to be very sure that the ECO made the right call.

The 10yrs ban started in that 2008 when you made that application, each time you apply for UK visa and get refused the ban restart afresh again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dgoodrich101: 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
justwise: The issue is whether the stamp is fake or not, its not whether you traveled to Ghana or not, they wouldn't have called it fake if there was no check to determine the authenticity of that stamp. When you appealed and the ECM withheld ECO's decision that means that they have reconsidered all the documents again to be very sure that the ECO made the right call.

The 10yrs ban started in that 2008 when you made that application, each time you apply for UK visa and get refused the ban restart afresh again.

thank you for your update so any one who have been refused under 320 a is authomatically on the 10 years ban is that right
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
dgoodrich101:

thank you for your update so any one who have been refused under 320 a is authomatically on the 10 years ban is that right

Its 320 (7A)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dgoodrich101: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
dgoodrich101:

Its 320 (7A)

Yes my entry was refused on 320 7(A) so thats means i cant apply to the uk till 2023 if am right please can i get a number to talk to you on please to seek better advice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
dgoodrich101:

Yes my entry was refused on 320 7(A) so thats means i cant apply to the uk till 2023 if am right please can i get a number to talk to you on please to seek better advice

Unfortunately that is the case.

Sorry i don't give out my number to people to avoid problem. This is my policy since i joined this site. It got nothing to do with anybody, just want to be open with my dealings with anybody here.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ishilove: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
justwise:

Unfortunately that is the case.

Sorry i don't give out my number to people to avoid problem. This is my policy since i joined this site. It got nothing to do with anybody, just want to be open with my dealings with anybody here.
To avoid stories that touch
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ishilove:
To avoid stories that touch

grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dgoodrich101: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
justwise:

Thank you very much @justwise really appreciate but please if i apply for an ireland visa does its as any thing to do with the uk

grin grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
hi everyone. I am so excited. I got my determination today which shows the judge has overturned the decision and has given the home office five days to appeal and refund the appeal fee. I really want to thank everyone Girlflo, Hoperallone etc who contributed to d advice and encouragement and also encourage others that are waiting for their hearing date.
I also what to know when I should expect them to call for my passport. thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
@ Shelair - congrats well happy for you, Remind us what you were refused on?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
@ Lasmab = what was you refused on?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lasmab: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
@ Hopeforallone
I was refused on Immigration History. [Paragraph 320 (11)]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2014
shelair1: hi everyone. I am so excited. I got my determination today which shows the judge has overturned the decision and has given the home office five days to appeal and refund the appeal fee. I really want to thank everyone Girlflo, Hoperallone etc who contributed to d advice and encouragement and also encourage others that are waiting for their hearing date.
I also what to know when I should expect them to call for my passport. thank you.

Congratulations, this is wonderful news, Praise God! smiley They do sometimes take quite a few weeks to request your passport after a court case has determined in your favour. I would give it 2/3 weeks, then send an email to the Sheffield office if you haven't heard anything. Scan the determination letter if u can or use the reference number on the letter. Note that since you haven't heard otherwise that you expect the Home Office have agreed with the determination of the judge. Then ask when you should expect to be asked to submit your passport for the visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IGLE25(m): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
Good day all. I am new on nairaland. I want a clear answer to this issue that has been bothering my heart for long now. My younger brother applied for UK visiting visa sometime ago and he was refused. His refusal was based on the fact that he said he has an Aunt in the UK without enough evidence to prove that the person in question is truly his Aunt, that how are they sure that if he is given the visa that he will return to Nigeria after the expiration of his 6 months visa. He was given chance to appeal which he did not. The issue on ground now is that his to be wife is coming to Nigeria for their wedding she is a British citizen. I want to know if his first refusal will have effect on him while trying to apply for visa to be with his wife in UK. Please what do you advice and what should he have on ground when the wife is ready to take him over because this is their plan... Kindly advice on this...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kayeee4321: 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
hi grin
i am applying for a uk tourist visa to visit my bf,but we wer wondering if theres a chance to get married while on a tourist visa?

because if i wer declined of a tourist visa then he would come to me to get married here them i cam just apply for a spouse visa..but he can only be here 2wks thats why we opted me to go to him which can be upto 2 months if i was approved..thats why we wer thinking if theres a way to get married there instead sad

thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 8:07am On Jul 08, 2014
IGLE25: Good day all. I am new on nairaland. I want a clear answer to this issue that has been bothering my heart for long now. My younger brother applied for UK visiting visa sometime ago and he was refused. His refusal was based on the fact that he said he has an Aunt in the UK without enough evidence to prove that the person in question is truly his Aunt, that how are they sure that if he is given the visa that he will return to Nigeria after the expiration of his 6 months visa. He was given chance to appeal which he did not. The issue on ground now is that his to be wife is coming to Nigeria for their wedding she is a British citizen. I want to know if his first refusal will have effect on him while trying to apply for visa to be with his wife in UK. Please what do you advice and what should he have on ground when the wife is ready to take him over because this is their plan... Kindly advice on this...

His first refusal should have no baring on his next application. He just has to make sure that he declares the refusal in the application. They are more likely to scrutinise his application because of a previous refusal so it's important that he provides strong evidence to meet all the requirements for a spouse visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 8:11am On Jul 08, 2014
kayeee4321: hi grin
i am applying for a uk tourist visa to visit my bf,but we wer wondering if theres a chance to get married while on a tourist visa?

because if i wer declined of a tourist visa then he would come to me to get married here them i cam just apply for a spouse visa..but he can only be here 2wks thats why we opted me to go to him which can be upto 2 months if i was approved..thats why we wer thinking if theres a way to get married there instead sad

thanks

You cannot get married in the UK whilst on a tourist visa. I would advise that if u either go for a fiancé visa (which are notoriously difficult to get) or you get married in Nigeria and make an application for spouse settlement from your home state.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kayeee4321: 8:15am On Jul 08, 2014
girlfio:

You cannot get married in the UK whilst on a tourist visa. I would advise that if u either go for a fiancé visa (which are notoriously difficult to get) or you get married in Nigeria and make an application for spouse settlement from your home state.

oh ok thanks for your advice,may i ask why fiancee is "notoriously difficult"to get? hehehe we havent really met in person yet,this is the first time so i camt apply for a fiancee yet sad
its actually very fast,so we just want to be together and thinking of which route is faster and easier thank you wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:06am On Jul 08, 2014
kayeee4321:

oh ok thanks for your advice,may i ask why fiancee is "notoriously difficult"to get? hehehe we havent really met in person yet,this is the first time so i camt apply for a fiancee yet sad
its actually very fast,so we just want to be together and thinking of which route is faster and easier thank you wink

With a fiancé visa it can be difficult to prove that you have intentions of marriage strong enough to convince the ECO. Especially if you are applying from a high risk country, you have to prove strong relationship ties and proof of firm plans for the wedding. Also as the potential spouse u will not be able to work until u get your spouse visa after marriage. Since you guys haven't met, I would advise that you arrange to meet first. Develop your relationship, it's not necessarily about how long u r together before marriage but it helps greatly if u have experiences to speak of together, e.g holidays, birthdays, celebrations etc. I would advise that you visit as a tourist, go back home then start planning your wedding. Make sure u keep all emails, phone bills, take loads of pictures and basically start gathering your evidence for when u submit your application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kayeee4321: 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
girlfio:

With a fiancé visa it can be difficult to prove that you have intentions of marriage strong enough to convince the ECO. Especially if you are applying from a high risk country, you have to prove strong relationship ties and proof of firm plans for the wedding. Also as the potential spouse u will not be able to work until u get your spouse visa after marriage. Since you guys haven't met, I would advise that you arrange to meet first. Develop your relationship, it's not necessarily about how long u r together before marriage but it helps greatly if u have experiences to speak of together, e.g holidays, birthdays, celebrations etc. I would advise that you visit as a tourist, go back home then start planning your wedding. Make sure u keep all emails, phone bills, take loads of pictures and basically start gathering your evidence for when u submit your application.

noted,thanks so much..will do all of those hehe wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.