Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,108 members, 7,860,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1049226 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hi evryone,gud to no nairaland is bk ,I would to like to thnk justwise,girlflo,darlene,nd others who helped with encouragemnt.God as done it as I was mailed to send my passport lastweek wednesday for the issuance of visa which I hv done,just waiting to gt it bk nd start my life.now I dnt no wen to expct d passport bk or which of d vac to pik from as dhl delivered it on thursday d next day.I hv mailed to ask if dey hv received my passporty but no reply yet.Thnks evryone for ur support.justwise.I hail o

@damyoyepitan, Congratulations! I am really happy for you, the storm is over and now the calms has come for you. This is a great news indeed and it is marvelous in our eyes. I pray that it shall be a blessed visa and many more memories of joyousness with you and your hubby in the UK and beyond in Jesus name.

About the returning of passport with the visa, from the day it was received in Sheffield barring any holiday or unfavorable circumstances, it usually takes between 7 to 14 working days for your visa to reach you. Just continue to send emails after 3 or 4 days passport is received to ask about the progress of the visa issuance and if passport has been sent back to the UK High commission in Nigeria.

I wish you all the best and enjoyable stay in the UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 10:05am On Jun 28, 2014
This is a serious attack oh...shew. 6 months worth of data lost? nawa ooo. Thank you all that are involved in bringing back to life our Nairaland forum.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 10:06am On Jun 28, 2014
[quote author=target007]

@damyoyepitan, Congratulations! I am really happy for you, the storm is over and now the calms has come for you. This is a great news indeed and it is marvelous in our eyes. I pray that it shall be a blessed visa and many more memories of joyousness with you and your hubby in the UK and beyond in Jesus name.

About the returning of passport with the visa, from the day it was received in Sheffield barring any holiday or unfavorable circumstances, it usually takes between 7 to 14 working days for your visa to reach you. Just continue to send emails after 3 or 4 days passport is received to ask about the progress of the visa issuance and if passport has been sent back to the UK High commission in Nigeria.

I wish you all the best and enjoyable stay in the UK.Thank you target I really appreciate,will do just that.]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hi evryone,gud to no nairaland is bk ,I would to like to thnk justwise,girlflo,darlene,nd others who helped with encouragemnt.God as done it as I was mailed to send my passport lastweek wednesday for the issuance of visa which I hv done,just waiting to gt it bk nd start my life.now I dnt no wen to expct d passport bk or which of d vac to pik from as dhl delivered it on thursday d next day.I hv mailed to ask if dey hv received my passporty but no reply yet.Thnks evryone for ur support.justwise.I hail o

Great news Damy, PRAISE GOD! I'm so happy for you, the hard bit is over! smiley
Target has let u know exactly what happens next, it shouldn't take them too long to get the passport back to you. I found that once they asked for the passport there was a different reference number on the letter. I got a quicker response when I used that reference in the subject heading. If u don't hear anything in a couple of days, it might b worth sending another email, say you've had no confirmation of receipt.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2014
[quote author=girlfio]

Great news Damy, PRAISE GOD! I'm so happy for you, the hard bit is over! smiley
Target has let u know exactly what happens next, it shouldn't take them too long to get the passport back to you. I found that once they asked for the passport there was a different reference number on the letter. I got a quicker response when I used that reference in the subject heading. If u don't hear anything in a couple of days, it might b worth sending another email, say you've had no confirmation of receipt. [Thanks girlflo,I wil do dt durin d week to find out ]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by olami101: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
Pls house,can somebody explain to me in detailss how I can process my visiting visa..plsssSsssssss.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
olami101: Pls house,can somebody explain to me in detailss how I can process my visiting visa..plsssSsssssss.

The best advise I can give u is to go on the UKBA website. Find out what the requirements are for the visa, gather your evidence, fill in the form and then pays your money. The advise anyone gives u could b outdated or not relevant to your application. As long as u meet the requirements and spend time going through the form, you'll b fine.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
olami101: Pls house,can somebody explain to me in detailss how I can process my visiting visa..plsssSsssssss.

Post it here https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hello girlflo ,my passport was delievred to sheffield on the 26th via dhl ,till now I hv been mailing to get comfirmation weda they got it and if it has been sent bk to naija no replies till now and its 4days now ,pls ow long will hv to wait more or wat to do next ..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hello girlflo ,my passport was delievred to sheffield on the 26th via dhl ,till now I hv been mailing to get comfirmation weda they got it and if it has been sent bk to naija no replies till now and its 4days now ,pls ow long will hv to wait more or wat to do next ..
hello @ Damyoyepitan, please I haven't followed much of your story, I was going to ask when did you make your initial appeal , I sent my appeal towards the end of January but payment was taken 13th February, I am yet to hear anything but I have followed up with few emails though, also got the mp from my wife's borough to send a letter on our behalf last month, just curious!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hello girlflo ,my passport was delievred to sheffield on the 26th via dhl ,till now I hv been mailing to get comfirmation weda they got it and if it has been sent bk to naija no replies till now and its 4days now ,pls ow long will hv to wait more or wat to do next ..

Don't worry too much, I experienced the same delays when I was trying to find out about the passport and I hear they r also a little bit busier than before so they r slow in replying to emails. Unfortunately they have no phone number so just forward the last email u sent to them 4 days ago and say that u still have not received an update. Say, I would like confirmation that the visa has been printed and your passport sent back for collection. It should only be taking them between 7-10 days from receipt to process and send back your passport. I'm not sure how busy they r at the moment though. Once u have confirmation that its been sent back, give it about 1-2 days, don't wait for the VAC to call, just turn up with your printed email as confirmation that your passport is ready for collection.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
@girlflo..thanks for d piece.@dunique ...my appeal was around early august and payment was taken by late august last year.not to worry just kip mailing dem at least once a week ,dey tend to give updates.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
damyoyepitan: @girlflo..thanks for d piece.@dunique ...my appeal was around early august and payment was taken by late august last year.not to worry just kip mailing dem at least once a week ,dey tend to give updates.
Ok thanks, I will keep waiting fingers crossed. Your case didn't go court though? Or did it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
DUNIQUE1: Ok thanks, I will keep waiting fingers crossed. Your case didn't go court though? Or did it?
it went to court but we won..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ade6683: 3:27am On Jul 02, 2014
pls house,how do i fill UK online form,i.e the site or link?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:13am On Jul 02, 2014
DUNIQUE1: hello @ Damyoyepitan, please I haven't followed much of your story, I was going to ask when did you make your initial appeal , I sent my appeal towards the end of January but payment was taken 13th February, I am yet to hear anything but I have followed up with few emails though, also got the mp from my wife's borough to send a letter on our behalf last month, just curious!

Have you received the notice from the Sheffield office with the 19 week deadline? The representative on the appeal form should have received this about 2/3 weeks after payment was taken from your account.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
girlfio:

Have you received the notice from the Sheffield office with the 19 week deadline? The representative on the appeal form should have received this about 2/3 weeks after payment was taken from your account.
The representative which is my solicitor has refused to tell me, all she says is I should be patient but I decided to email the Sheffield office requesting for the deadline date, although they weren't specific about the date, they managed to reply me with this email

Your appeal should be reviewed by an ECM in the coming weeks. Should the ECM decide to overturn the Refusal decision on your application form, they will notify you directly by email. Should they decide to uphold the original decision, we will forward your appeal to be heard by an immigration judge, and the Courts & Tribunal Service will notify you of the decision.

So I think I will give them two or three weeks more, hoping for the best my brothers and sisters.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2014
DUNIQUE1: The representative which is my solicitor has refused to tell me, all she says is I should be patient but I decided to email the Sheffield office requesting for the deadline date, although they weren't specific about the date, they managed to reply me with this email

Your appeal should be reviewed by an ECM in the coming weeks. Should the ECM decide to overturn the Refusal decision on your application form, they will notify you directly by email. Should they decide to uphold the original decision, we will forward your appeal to be heard by an immigration judge, and the Courts & Tribunal Service will notify you of the decision.

So I think I will give them two or three weeks more, hoping for the best my brothers and sisters.

Ok, sounds like a similar email I received when I asked for an update. At least it means they have your case and its on schedule for review. Yep, in 2/3 weeks email them again. Mention the email that you've just received, note that you've been advised that your case is pending ECM review, ask for an update and for confirmation of the date for your 19 week deadline.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 3:26am On Jul 03, 2014
girlfio:

Ok, sounds like a similar email I received when I asked for an update. At least it means they have your case and its on schedule for review. Yep, in 2/3 weeks email them again. Mention the email that you've just received, note that you've been advised that your case is pending ECM review, ask for an update and for confirmation of the date for your 19 week deadline.
Ok thanks, I want good news and I believe it is time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:17am On Jul 03, 2014
@ Dunique - I hope they overturn your case because you don't want it to go to court. Praying for you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - I hope they overturn your case because you don't want it to go to court. Praying for you.
@ Hopeforallone, thanks so much, the prayer is seriously needed and I have been missing your post since the crash, how is it going with your case now? Any updates yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hi justwise nd girlflo ,got dis today..
Dear madam, your application has been concluded in Sheffield today.

If you have not heard from us or the visa application centre in one week plesaexite again.

Sheffield visa section
Pls does that mean dey have sent my passport bck to naija or yet to send it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
@Dunique - just waiting for the court date, not much else to do.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hopeforallone: @Dunique - just waiting for the court date, not much else to do.
I hope they change their mind before the court date and ask you to submit your passport, I heard they normally do that. The way they go on makes someone feel like we are dealing with none humans.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:18am On Jul 04, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hi justwise nd girlflo ,got dis today..

If you have not heard from us or the visa application centre in one week plesaexite again.

Sheffield visa section

Sounds like they've processed your application and have posted your passport back, usually takes them about a week to do that. If u don't hear from them, just go to the VAC with a copy of the email to find out if it has arrived.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:32am On Jul 04, 2014
@ Dunique - I doubt it, time is ticking, they have already confirmed it's going to court.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hi justwise nd girlflo ,got dis today..

Sheffield visa section

You should expect your passport next week then
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2014
Thank u girflo and justwise
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:11am On Jul 04, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - I doubt it, time is ticking, they have already confirmed it's going to court.
what month were you given? I am sure about what I said, there has been some cases whereby they change their mind just before the court date and ask for your passport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.