Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,125 members, 7,860,057 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:18 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1049245 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IGLE25(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
thanks... Please can you help me with some of the requirement...
girlfio:

His first refusal should have no baring on his next application. He just has to make sure that he declares the refusal in the application. They are more likely to scrutinise his application because of a previous refusal so it's important that he provides strong evidence to meet all the requirements for a spouse visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kwasi88(m): 1:41am On Jul 09, 2014
pls how long does it take for the Eco to call one to submit his or her passport to them after one hve won am appeal case .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2014
IGLE25: thanks... Please can you help me with some of the requirement...

I would advise that u check the UKBA website as requirements can change but basically you need to provide evidence under 4 main areas. Financial - UK spouse needs to be earning more than £18,600. Accommodation - u need to have a home that can accommodate the both of you. Relationship - you need to prove the legitimacy of your relationship prior to and including the wedding day. English language - u need to provide evidence of passing the English language requirements.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:46am On Jul 09, 2014
kwasi88: pls how long does it take for the Eco to call one to submit his or her passport to them after one hve won am appeal case .

They have 5 days after the judge determination to contest the decision. It can however take them weeks to then request your passport. Maybe there is someone here on this forum that can let u know how long it took Sheffield to request the passport after they won their court case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hello house,
I would like to seek your advise on my situation.
I applied for EEA family permit visa to join my husband who is a EEA National but he is a German but he has been in the UK since 2006. We got married in January 2014 but we've been in a relationship since 2012. We submitted all necessary documents from my husband with our marriage certificate and pictures. I was invited for an interview and i was able to answer all necessary question but I did not know my husband car make and I knew that my husband has a partner in Uk before we met but their relationship didn't work out. My application was refuse last week based on the below reasons:

1) You stated that you wish to join your husband who is an EEA national exercising his treaty right in the uk. You state that you met him in Nigeria in February 2012 and began a relationship with him in june of the same year. You failed to provide satisfactory evidence to substantiate this claim. You have provided some evidence of communication with your uk sponsor, however none of these are from 2012 when you claim the relationship started. Also you state that your uk sponsor has been to Nigeria 4 times since the relationship began, again you failed to provide satisfactory evidence to substantiate this claim.

2) You got married in January 2014. I note that your marriage certificate shows the condition of your husband as being divorced. However when asked at the interview, you stated that your husband had never been married and that your marriage was the first ha had ever contracted. However, your Uk sponsor confirmed that he was previously married in Germany. Furthermore, you state that your sponsor was a taxi driver but you lack knowledge of basic things about your husband. I am therefore not statisfied that you are in a genuine subsisting relationship with the sponsor as stated.

3) You also confirmed at interview, that the sponsor was not in anyway financially responsible for you. You stated that this was because you had your own job and earned a good salary. You stated that he had sent some money on occasions, but you failed to provide any documentary evidence of this.

I therefore refuse your EEA family permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of regulation 7 of the immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.

However, We are planning to appeal and My husband has printed all the history of yahoo msgs for august 2012 and facebook msgs. He has also printed his visa page for February 2013, January 2014 and april 2014. Also, I have scanned my payslip for the past 6 months with employment and promotion letter with my official I.D card but he will be the one to answer Divorced and type of car he is using.

I don't know what to do. I love my husband with all my heart and he loves me too but am afraid becos of the distance. I want to be with my husband please assist me as I am really worried.
Thanking you in advance, May God bless you and your team abundantly!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
vickkyy: Hello house,
I would like to seek your advise on my situation.
I applied for EEA family permit visa to join my husband who is a EEA National but he is a German but he has been in the UK since 2006. We got married in January 2014 but we've been in a relationship since 2012. We submitted all necessary documents from my husband with our marriage certificate and pictures. I was invited for an interview and i was able to answer all necessary question but I did not know my husband car make and I knew that my husband has a partner in Uk before we met but their relationship didn't work out. My application was refuse last week based on the below reasons:

1) You stated that you wish to join your husband who is an EEA national exercising his treaty right in the uk. You state that you met him in Nigeria in February 2012 and began a relationship with him in june of the same year. You failed to provide satisfactory evidence to substantiate this claim. You have provided some evidence of communication with your uk sponsor, however none of these are from 2012 when you claim the relationship started. Also you state that your uk sponsor has been to Nigeria 4 times since the relationship began, again you failed to provide satisfactory evidence to substantiate this claim.

2) You got married in January 2014. I note that your marriage certificate shows the condition of your husband as being divorced. However when asked at the interview, you stated that your husband had never been married and that your marriage was the first ha had ever contracted. However, your Uk sponsor confirmed that he was previously married in Germany. Furthermore, you state that your sponsor was a taxi driver but you lack knowledge of basic things about your husband. I am therefore not statisfied that you are in a genuine subsisting relationship with the sponsor as stated.

3) You also confirmed at interview, that the sponsor was not in anyway financially responsible for you. You stated that this was because you had your own job and earned a good salary. You stated that he had sent some money on occasions, but you failed to provide any documentary evidence of this.

I therefore refuse your EEA family permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of regulation 7 of the immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.

However, We are planning to appeal and My husband has printed all the history of yahoo msgs for august 2012 and facebook msgs. He has also printed his visa page for February 2013, January 2014 and april 2014. Also, I have scanned my payslip for the past 6 months with employment and promotion letter with my official I.D card but he will be the one to answer Divorced and type of car he is using.

I don't know what to do. I love my husband with all my heart and he loves me too but am afraid becos of the distance. I want to be with my husband please assist me as I am really worried.
Thanking you in advance, May God bless you and your team abundantly!

Before you plan to appeal or reapply....you need to address that section in bold, both of you gave different answers to the same question about marriage, you said he never married before while he was married to a German before meeting you. That will give the impression that you know little about each other.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2014
Thank you for your response.

He was married when he was in Germany, he divorced 9 years ago. We have never talked much about his life in Germany. I only know about his life in the Uk. My husband is a very good man, after the refusal he told me that he doesn't like talking about his marriage life in Germany because his Ex-wife maltreated him.
However, I know the colour of is car but asking me about the make of his car, is it necessary for me to know the type of car he is using.

Kindly advise me please. Thank u
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
vickkyy: Thank you for your response.

He was married when he was in Germany, he divorced 9 years ago. We have never talked much about his life in Germany. I only know about his life in the Uk. My husband is a very good man, after the refusal he told me that he doesn't like talking about his marriage life in Germany because his Ex-wife maltreated him.
However, I know the colour of is car but asking me about the make of his car, is it necessary for me to know the type of car he is using.

Kindly advise me please. Thank u

You have two choices here: Prepare your application very well (because you did not do that in your first application) and reapply OR prepare your documents and statement and appeal the case.

Reapplying is quicker and will cost you another application fees but appealing is cheaper but time killing.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
I really appreciate your kind advise.

No payment for an EEA family permit. It's Free but can I apply and re-apply at the same time.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2014

No payment for an EEA family permit. It's Free but can I appeal and re-apply at the same time.

Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IGLE25(m): 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2014
thanks Girlfio
girlfio:

I would advise that u check the UKBA website as requirements can change but basically you need to provide evidence under 4 main areas. Financial - UK spouse needs to be earning more than £18,600. Accommodation - u need to have a home that can accommodate the both of you. Relationship - you need to prove the legitimacy of your relationship prior to and including the wedding day. English language - u need to provide evidence of passing the English language requirements.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
vickkyy: I really appreciate your kind advise.

No payment for an EEA family permit. It's Free but can I appeal and re-apply at the same time.

Thank you.

Ok gr8!, this time around take your time and put together all your communications from 2012, flight ticket for those 4 occasions he visited Nigeria, evidence of any money sent to you or gift from him.

Take your time to explain the issue of his marriage in Germany, both of you should write that explaining why he did not tell you much about it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kunbizzle: 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
vickkyy:

No payment for an EEA family permit. It's Free but can I apply and re-apply at the same time.

Thank you.
Am sorry for diverting the talk here,wanted to find out few things,was your application made in lagos,and if lagos was it leki,how many weeks all together did your application take in at the embassy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hello girlflo and justwise ,pls I nid your advice here again.
Got dis from sheffield on monday and went to vac ikeja today but they said dey havent seen it yet ,when is advisable to chk bak as I intend to uy my ticket on friday ..
Your Visa has been Issued, and your passport will be despatched to the VAC in Nigeria tomorrow afternoon. You should be contacted to collect your passport by the end of the week.

I will be unable to answer further emails regarding the whereabouts of your passport this week, please do not enquire further unless you do not receive your passport by Friday afternoon.

Kind regards,

J Colton
IT Support Officer
UK Visas & Immigration

Hom
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hello girlflo and justwise ,pls I nid your advice here again.
Got dis from sheffield on monday and went to vac ikeja today but they said dey havent seen it yet ,when is advisable to chk bak as I intend to uy my ticket on friday ..
Your Visa has been Issued, and your passport will be despatched to the VAC in Nigeria tomorrow afternoon. You should be contacted to collect your passport by the end of the week.

I will be unable to answer further emails regarding the whereabouts of your passport this week, please do not enquire further unless you do not receive your passport by Friday afternoon.

Kind regards,

J Colton
IT Support Officer
UK Visas & Immigration

Hom

Its not the end of the week yet so its too early to visit VAC, booking your ticket now will be risky only if you are ready to extend it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by italent101: 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
justwise:

Its not the end of the week yet so its too early to visit VAC, booking your ticket now will be risky only if you are ready to extend it.
sir m sorry for disturbing you BT I need your help with China BT av searched through this forum and m unable to get a thread for it. my question is that can I ask my question here or I should open a topic n post d link here?
thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hello girlflo and justwise ,pls I nid your advice here again.

Kind regards,

J Colton
IT Support Officer
UK Visas & Immigration

Hom

As Justwise said, give it to Friday, your passport should be ready for collection. My husband didn't wait for a phone call to collect his so as long as its not too much of a journey, I would just turn up with a copy of the email as proof that its been sent.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2014
[quote author=girlfio]

As Justwise said, give it to Friday, your passport should be ready for collection. My husband didn't wait for a phone call to collect his so as long as its not too much of a journey, I would just turn up with a copy of the email as proof that its been sent. [Ok. ,but is it lekki I shud go by friday or ikeja still]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2014
justwise:

Thank u justwise ..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2014
girlfio:

As Justwise said, give it to Friday, your passport should be ready for collection. My husband didn't wait for a phone call to collect his so as long as its not too much of a journey, I would just turn up with a copy of the email as proof that its been sent.
Tank you girlflo but is it lekki I shud go by friday or ikeja still
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thank you Justwise!
Kunbizzle, My application was submitted at ikeja but treated in lagos. It took me 10 working days to get my documents back.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
damyoyepitan: Tank you girlflo but is it lekki I shud go by friday or ikeja still

It could have changed since last year but we were advised that all passports were sent to Lekki. If u want to be sure it might be worth waiting until u receive the phone call.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by loomjet: 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
damyoyepitan: Tank you girlflo but is it lekki I shud go by friday or ikeja still

@ DAMYOYEPITAN. I will advise that you visit the VAC where you submitted your application. All passport are sent back to lekki VAC however, the lekki VAC will then forward it to applicants application center the same day. So if you applied in Ikeja VAC then you should visit ikeja to collect your passport . I will advise you to pick it up on Monday if your initial application was through ikeja VAC but if it was through lekki VAC then you can go to lekki on Friday afternoon for collection. And yes you can book your ticket but allow enough time if you choose to book it. During my own time, i visited lekki 2ce only to be told it has been forwarded to ikeja VAC where my initial application was made.

Good luck! I wish you all the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
loomjet:

@ DAMYOYEPITAN. I will advise that you visit the VAC where you submitted your application. All passport are sent back to lekki VAC however, the lekki VAC will then forward it to applicants application center the same day. So if you applied in Ikeja VAC then you should visit ikeja to collect your passport . I will advise you to pick it up on Monday if your initial application was through ikeja VAC but if it was through lekki VAC then you can go to lekki on Friday afternoon for collection. And yes you can book your ticket but allow enough time if you choose to book it. During my own time, i visited lekki 2ce only to be told it has been forwarded to ikeja VAC where my initial application was made.

Good luck! I wish you all the best.
hi guys ,went to lekki dis mornin and piked my passport dere,cudnt wait at allllllllll.thnks to justwise,girlflo,target and evryone who advised.nairaland helped.travelling tomoro .cheers

6 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:14am On Jul 11, 2014
damyoyepitan: hi guys ,went to lekki dis mornin and piked my passport dere,cudnt wait at allllllllll.thnks to justwise,girlflo,target and evryone who advised.nairaland helped.travelling tomoro .cheers

Congratulations!, the waiting is finally over.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2014
damyoyepitan: hi guys ,went to lekki dis mornin and piked my passport dere,cudnt wait at allllllllll.thnks to justwise,girlflo,target and evryone who advised.nairaland helped.travelling tomoro .cheers

Wooohoo! smiley So happy for you guys...happy days! Safe flight. grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 10:45am On Jul 11, 2014
grin Congratulations damyoyepitan, wish u a safe flight,blessed stay and beautiful life in Uk.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2014

I am very happy for you, all the painful waiting is now over. I wish you safe landing in the UK @damyoyepitan cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kwasi88(m): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
pls how lng did u wait before u were call to submit ur passport. because my own the court hearing was hald on 3/04/2014 and i have rrceived a letter which shows that i hve won my case upto this time i hve nt heard fro the ECO
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
Appeal court backs spouse visa change. Look it up, from 28th of this month there should be changes regarding this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
@ Damyo - congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.