Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski (4793 Views)

Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? / T.b. Joshua Warn Usa: "Don't Go To War With Syria!" (watch Video) / Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2011
Yet the queen begs tehran for ties,after all their gra-gra.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by ogajim(m): 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
I am surprised Pastor JoAgbaje is not in the ICU recovering from all the punches davidylan has landed or being scanned for concussions.

Pastor JoAgbaje and any other "proxy" ID that shows up in support seem to forget that you can't pray against the will of God, As kids, we used to say stuff like "over my dead body" until one day my dad told me to be sure who's side God is on first before such, one of the problems with the new age Churches is their belief in prayer over the will of God, Jesus Christ always said according to the will of his father who sent him, even at the most critical moment of his earthly tribulation said:

Matthew 26:39
39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Based on Pastor JoAgbaje's position, why didn't Jesus Christ just pray away the SINS of the World that had been transfered unto him for our REDEMPTION?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 16, 2011
ogajim:

I am surprised Pastor JoAgbaje is not in the ICU recovering from all the punches davidylan has landed or being scanned for concussions.

Pastor JoAgbaje and any other "proxy" ID that shows up in support seem to forget that you can't pray against the will of God, As kids, we used to say stuff like "over my dead body" until one day my dad told me to be sure who's side God is on first before such, one of the problems with the new age Churches is their belief in prayer over the will of God, Jesus Christ always said according to the will of his father who sent him, even at the most critical moment of his earthly tribulation said:

Matthew 26:39
39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: [size=13pt]nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt[/size].

Based on Pastor JoAgbaje's position, why didn't Jesus Christ just pray away the SINS of the World that had been transfered unto him for our REDEMPTION?

Bros, you hit the nail on the head even better than i could have. What i also find interesting is the focus of the prayers that these "intercessors" spend so much time offering up. 99.9% of the time it is focused on the well being of the prayee!
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by aletheia(m): 10:47am On Dec 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

. . .carnal and sensual people like you. . .
Aren't you just the hypocrite? As it is written: out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, and by their fruits we shall know them.

Tell us what better example of carnality and sensuality can be provided than this your statement:
Joagbaje:

grin I OWN THE WORLD.
^
I am happy because with each day that passes, despite your attempts to project a false piety, your words reveal and show exactly who you are. . .a deceiver. So you own the world, do you? For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. [Heb 4:12]
It is the Word of God that judges and exposes you:
Jesus says:
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? [Mat 16:26]
. . .but Joagbaje says: "I OWN THE WORLD."

Jesus says:
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. [1Jn 2:15-17]

Jesus says:
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. [Col 3:2]

Jesus says:
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. [1Jn 5:19]
And manifests his cupidity by praying against Jesus' revealed prophecy in Matthew 24 because "because it will affect the entire world economically and otherwise."

And so is revealed that Joagbaje's god is Mammon for that is why he is worried about the world economy in the advent of war.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by chrisj2000(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2011
love life? live life
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by chrisj2000(m): 11:43am On Dec 16, 2011
give peace a chance
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by aletheia(m): 11:57am On Dec 16, 2011
chrisj2000:

[size=14pt]we[/size]'re no more interested in quoting bible without any physical evidence to back them up. [size=14pt]We [/size]want proofs, don't show us where it's written but prove that those written words are true through prayer.
^
First: my post was not directed at you. . .so your comment is irrelevant to this discussion.
Second: what exactly do you mean by we? Abi una many?  grin
And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. [Mar 5:9]

P.S. What are you still doing on Nairaland? I thought you wanted all your posts deleted?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by chrisj2000(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2011
action speaks louder
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
aletheia:

Jesus says:
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? [Mat 16:26]

Mr He/she. The world is mine. All that the father hath are mine. All things are mine.

1 Corinthians 3:21
21 So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours,

But the fact that all things are mine doesnt mean that I should go after them. And that is what denial and sacrifice is about. That's why we live a life of giving.

1 Corinthians 6:12
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Hope you're clear now.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2011
chrisj2000:

somebody hacked into my address and requested for my posts to be deleted but I've since changed my passwords.  Many people are sick of you people that quote bible like lunatics. Why is it that whenever you people are challenged to backup your claims with prayer, you become offended. Because you know that your god never answer any prayer. Simple. You are serving a dumb useless god.

i dont understand . . . you think the God of the bible is no use to you but you spend most of your NL hours on this section? Why? Its like me spending precious time arguing on the existence of obatala . . . why do i care? Are you being forced to read bible quotes? Surely there are better threads you could be spending your time on no?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
chrisj2000:

somebody hacked into my address and requested for my posts to be deleted but I've since changed my passwords. Many people are sick of you people that quote bible like lunatics. Why is it that whenever you people are challenged to backup your claims with prayer, you become offended. Because you know that your god never answer any prayer. Simple. You are serving a dumb useless god.

Bobo, God does answer prayers. A God who can't answer prayer is a dead God. If you're ready to know about God and his power we go talk. If only you're a sincere seeker.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

Mr He/she. The world is mine. All that the father hath are mine. All things are mine.

1 Corinthians 3:21
21 So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours,

But the fact that all things are mine doesnt mean that I should go after them. And that is what denial and sacrifice is about. That's why we live a life of giving.

1 Corinthians 6:12
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Hope you're clear now.

if this is what you preach to your sheep every sunday then you are heading for judgement. You are a heretic and a disgrace to the faith.

Now you said - "Mr He/she. The world is mine. All that the father hath are mine. All things are mine."
While that SOUNDS ordinarily logical, it is CLEARLY unbiblical nonsense. While it is true that all that the father hath is ours, it is dependent on who exactly your father is. Now we know that Jesus Christ does not own the world (He created it yes . . . but the ruler of the world He is not) - John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 12:54pm On Dec 16, 2011
Dafidi ,
There is a difference between "WORLD " earth , Cosmos. And "WORLD"  aion=Age ?

God owns the earth. And I own it also through Christ.

Psalms 50:12
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee:for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

John 16:15
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: .

But Satan is the prince of the world system.  Hope you're clear now.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

Dafidi ,
There is a difference between "WORLD " earth , Cosmos. And "WORLD"  aion=Age ?

God owns the earth. And I own it also through Christ.

12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee:for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

John 16:15
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: .

But Satan is the prince of the world system.  Hope you're clear now.

spiritual gymnastics alert here. It is impossible to divorce the world system from the earth itself. The very ground of the earth was cursed right from when Adam fell (Gen 3:17) . . . so why on earth would a child of heaven be interested in owning something that is accursed?

Aletheia quoted this earlier - Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. [1Jn 2:15-17]

Why are you overly focused on the world and the things in it?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2011
One thing I'm sure of is that the bible is open to any kind of interpretation. You see verses in support of prayer for peace and you also see verses opposing it, so it's a matter of choose your pick, what suits you best. So all these arguments are pointless since everyone has scriptural backing for his/her position.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2011
Humble yourself sir.  You should rather check out the things i shared ,instead of attcking it eith biase. We cant learn this way.

So is God carnal or worldly? Maybe you should explain your understanding of these scriptures .

. . for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

The world is Minnie because I am the seed of Abraham .

Romans 4:13
13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

So what world is Abraham heir? Search the scriptures. If Abraham is heir of the world ,I am.  Hope it's clear now.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^^^^

Why don't you go to north Korea and claim a piece of land there since the world is yours.

Also find your way to Cambodia or vietnam and claim a piece there too.

Continue to live in your delusions.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

Humble yourself sir.  You should rather check out the things i shared ,instead of attcking it eith biase. We cant learn this way.

So is God carnal or worldly? Maybe you should explain your understanding of these scriptures .

Odd . . . did you read what i shared as well or you're simply too rooted with steadfastly defending Chris Oyakhilome's position because you think he can never be wrong?
Christ created the earth . . . so of course He owns it . . . but after the fall of man it became accursed and the domain of satan . . .

If Christ thought we should own the world through Him then why do we have 1 John 2:15-17? Surely loving the world should not be a problem right afterall we own it just like the Father?

Ps 50:12 includes satan himself. Do you own satan too? Does he regularly appear before you to give a report? Do you have power to order him around to do your bidding?

Joagbaje:

The world is Minnie because I am the seed of Abraham .

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

So what world is Abraham heir? Search the scriptures. If Abraham is heir of the world ,I am.  Hope it's clear now.

Convoluted, confused nonsense. The promise to Abraham's seed was NOT the world. This is the type of literal, spiritually empty argument you would expect a muslim to make. A myopic focus on literal words and NOT the spirit behind those words. Pls read Genesis 12, where was Abraham promised the world?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by chrisj2000(m): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
men act
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2011
chrisj2000:

Why i spend much of my time on this forum is that religions has caused numerous problem in the world and Nigeria got a lion share of religious troubles.
When i keep hitting on god incompetence, that doesn't mean i live if lack. But our nation is in trouble, just take a look at Nigeria and you'll understand what i mean. Why shout god god god when there is no god?

Joseph Stalin, Mao Ze dong, Khmer Rouge, Hitler . . . just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to major world problems caused by the non-religious. I'm just waiting for you to go after the atheists next . . . but of course the above in highlights is just a miserable excuse. Your real problem is your own conscience NOT the alleged "problems" that religion is causing around the world. For if that was your MAIN problem, you would be on the islamic section not here.

Can we ask that you drop the hypocrisy pls?

chrisj2000:

Why do you want to prove to me that god answer prayer when i have already send you my prayer requests?
Of all the prayer requests i sent you, tell me the one you'll pray over so that i watch out for the Answer.
It takes only one lie for somebody, an idea, a god or a method to be declared false. But your bible lied erode genesis to revelation. So why bring those lies to the public?

you think God is dead . . . why are you still interested in testing him? got nothing better to do with your time than bark up the religious tree?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2011
davidylan:

Odd . . . did you read what i shared as well or you're simply too rooted with steadfastly defending Chris Oyakhilome's position because you think he can never be wrong?

Convoluted, confused nonsense. The promise to Abraham's seed was NOT the world. This is the type of literal, spiritually empty argument you would expect a muslim to make. A myopic focus on literal words and NOT the spirit behind those words. Pls read Genesis 12, where was Abraham promised the world?

This is not about oyakhilome, i didnt make reference to him .this is the bible truth I shared with you.

If God owns the world, Abraham own the world,Jesus owns the world ,you dont have problem why do you find my own hard to accept. I think you're just looking for where to hide because the truth is clear.

See this is one of the troubles when you go all out o viciously attack another person without a cause. Just because its joagbaje, you must shoot it down. cool

Proverbs 25:8
8 Go not forth hastily to strive,lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof,when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Proverbs 3:30
30 Strive not with a man without cause,if he have done thee no harm.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by aletheia(m): 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

^Balaam's ride had more scriptural sense than you! How does Psa 50:12 parlay into "I OWN THE WORLD"? O, I forgot: you are a god.

Joagbaje:

You are as usual sadly mistaken; in your haste and no doubt clouded by your false "gospel" of greed you fail to understand this:

The world to be inherited is not this present one. . .but that which is to come.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, [1Pe 1:3-4]

So tell me: Is this present world "an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you"?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. [2Pe 3:13]

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. [Rev 21:2]

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. [Heb 11:10]

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.[Heb 11:16]

For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come. [Heb 13:14]

And in 2 Pe 3:13 we see:
These things then all being loosed, what kind of persons must you be in holy behavior and piety, expecting and hastening the arrival of the day of God, by which the heavens being set on fire shall be loosed, and the elements being destroyed by fire shall melt away? [2Pe 3:11-12 ABP]

It asks the question what kind of persons must you be: and shows how we should be expecting and hastening the arrival of the day of God  but you would have us pray against God's determined plan and counsel "because it will affect the entire world economically and otherwise."
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by chrisj2000(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2011
its only natural
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2011
aletheia:

^Balaam's ride had more scriptural sense than you! How does Psa 50:12 parlay into "I OWN THE WORLD"? O, I forgot: you are a god.
You are as usual sadly mistaken; in your haste and no doubt clouded by your false "gospel" of greed you fail to understand this:

The world to be inherited is not this present one. . .but that which is to come.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, [1Pe 1:3-4]

So tell me: Is this present world "an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you"?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. [2Pe 3:13]

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. [Rev 21:2]

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. [Heb 11:10]

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.[Heb 11:16]

For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come. [Heb 13:14]

And in 2 Pe 3:13 we see:
These things then all being loosed, what kind of persons must you be in holy behavior and piety, expecting and hastening the arrival of the day of God, by which the heavens being set on fire shall be loosed, and the elements being destroyed by fire shall melt away? [2Pe 3:11-12 ABP]

It asks the question what kind of persons must you be: and shows how we should be expecting and hastening the arrival of the day of God  but you would have us pray against God's determined plan and counsel "because it will affect the entire world economically and otherwise."

Long trash as ever.

But Thanks for visiting anyway embarassed
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2011
You call the text of the bible trash!

I thought you always wanted a debate base on the 'scriptures'?

Here you are ridiculing it,

If alethea's post is thrash, what do you call your silly assertions that you own the world?

Do you own china?

Funny guy.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by aletheia(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2011
dare2think:

If alethea's post is thrash, what do you call your silly assertions that you own the world?

Do you own china?

Funny guy.
^He has always called any post that demolishes his lies using bible verses thrash. This is not the first time. . .and it won't be the last unless he repents. But I 'm happy he keeps exposing himself with each day.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by ogajim(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^^

With the BEATINGS Pastor JoAgbaje has been taking lately, don't be surprised if he "vanishes" in the coming year, go into one of his other IDs full time that is, As a member of the CEC NL brigade, Biblical truths mean nothing to these bunch.

I seriously DOUBT he is a real Pastor but then again, who is real among the CEC lot? from their head honcho(Wholesaler) down to the branches(retailers)
If the CEO is a heretic, what do you expect from his "managers"?

19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

22The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
dare2think:

Do you own china?

Funny guy.

It's not the verses that is trash. It's the misunderstanding of the poster.althiea cannot stand a discussion with me, thats why he/she ends up with ungodly abuses. I've given benefit of doubt few occasion but the demonic venom inside can't just hold, it's always expressed in vile words. If you have truth to share,you will share it in love. That's why I hardly respond. The bible says not to.

2 Timothy 2:23
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

It's not the verses that is trash. It's the misunderstanding of the poster.althiea cannot stand a discussion with me, thats why he/she ends up with ungodly abuses. I've given benefit of doubt few occasion but the demonic venom inside can't just hold, it's always expressed in vile words. If you have truth to share,you will share it in love. That's why I hardly respond. The bible says not to.

2 Timothy 2:23
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

i read aletheia's post three times. I cant find the "strife" or abuse there. Actually i think your problem is becoming a little clearer to me - you have a fanatical devotion to the teachings of your church. You believe they are right and the rest of us who attempt to make you see other parts of the scripture that contradict your special brand of theology are promptly shot down, ignored or branded as demonic beings full of strife. Please take time to read aletheia's post again . . . it is filled with gems that even i did not think about when i was responding to your earlier heresy.

I still dont understand how you came about that Abraham "owned the world" and thus as his seed you are entitled to the world (this is dangerously closer to the jehovah's witness doctrine). You pull out one or two verses then build an entire church on it? If indeed God promises us the riches of this world then why is He praying constantly in the New Testament that the Father keeps us from the world? Why does 1 John 2 say if we love the world the love of the Father (the person you claim the world through) is not in us? Why are we told to be mindful more of the heavenly city for which Christ died on our behalf?

You took a whole post filled with serious bible verses and just thrashed it because you do not like the individual making the post? And you are supposed to be a shepherd to a flock? Obviously when you talk of "owning the world" . . . it is another way of justifying the covetousness and rush for material wealth that has become the primary goal of many who claim to call on the name of the Lord thanks to the poison that drops from the lips of folks like you.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

This is not about oyakhilome, i didnt make reference to him .this is the bible truth I shared with you.

If God owns the world, Abraham own the world,Jesus owns the world ,you dont have problem why do you find my own hard to accept. I think you're just looking for where to hide because the truth is clear.

1. It is CLEARLY an Oyakhilome doctrine bro, i would appreciate a little honesty from Chris's lapdogs - please see here - http://uspeakoutnow./2011/02/11/yookosyou-own-the-cosmossays-pastor-chris-oyakhilome/

Yookos is it!! And the name Yookos….let me shout about that for a minute!! Hey!! The bible says we are the seed of Abraham and God willed the whole world to Abraham and to his seed – we own the world! So every time you sign in on Yookos, you are testifying to that truth, the world belongs to you!! You cannot be broke! You cannot be poor! You cannot be jobless….

1. Note the clear goal behind the "you own the world" doctrine is the material acquisition of wealth and NOTHING about the salvation of the soul of the hope of Christ's appearing. It is all about maaney!

2. Note the insidious lie here - "God willed the world to Abraham and his see" . . . hmmm nowhere does God do so in the bible! The promise to Abraham was to make him a nation through the seed of his son Isaac. God never promised Abraham the whole cosmos at any point. abraham was already a tremendously wealthy man BEFORE God called him or gave him a promise so we know quite clearly the promise had nothing to do with material wealth either.

3. Note the doctrine is itself completely opposite of Christ's constant admonition to keep our gaze focused on things above and not on things below. How can we focus on heaven when we are too busy struggling to show people that we indeed "own the world"? Is anyone surprised that christians now embezzle funds, appropriate lands to themselves, hoard wealth and base the level of their "faith" on the size of their bank accounts? Afterall they own the world now no?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by newmi(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2011
davidylan:

1. It is CLEARLY an Oyakhilome doctrine bro, i would appreciate a little honesty from Chris's lapdogs - please see here - http://uspeakoutnow./2011/02/11/yookosyou-own-the-cosmossays-pastor-chris-oyakhilome/

Yookos is it!! And the name Yookos….let me shout about that for a minute!! Hey!! The bible says we are the seed of Abraham and God willed the whole world to Abraham and to his seed – we own the world! So every time you sign in on Yookos, you are testifying to that truth, the world belongs to you!! You cannot be broke! You cannot be poor! You cannot be jobless….

1. Note the clear goal behind the "you own the world" doctrine is the material acquisition of wealth and NOTHING about the salvation of the soul of the hope of Christ's appearing. It is all about maaney!

2. Note the insidious lie here - "God willed the world to Abraham and his see" . . . hmmm nowhere does God do so in the bible! The promise to Abraham was to make him a nation through the seed of his son Isaac. God never promised Abraham the whole cosmos at any point. abraham was already a tremendously wealthy man BEFORE God called him or gave him a promise so we know quite clearly the promise had nothing to do with material wealth either.

3. Note the doctrine is itself completely opposite of Christ's constant admonition to keep our gaze focused on things above and not on things below. How can we focus on heaven when we are too busy struggling to show people that we indeed "own the world"? Is anyone surprised that christians now embezzle funds, appropriate lands to themselves, hoard wealth and base the level of their "faith" on the size of their bank accounts? Afterall they own the world now no?
To be frank this is not a discussion about Pst. Chris any attempt to bring him in is nothing but a big distraction can we focus on the contextual soul of the topic, anyway there are interesting points you raised l'd love to respond at a much convinient time
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2011
davidylan:

We are heirs of the world dude. Didpastor CHRIS write the bible?

1. Note the clear goal behind the "you own the world" doctrine is the material acquisition of wealth and NOTHING about the salvation of the soul of the hope of Christ's appearing. It is all about

Money exist only in the mind of the poor. Life is more than money. It's only an instrument in the hand of men with purpose.

What you miss is Gods original purpose for man. Man originally owned everything. He was created to have dominion. I know you would have called God carnal for giving man such authority. God restored mans dominion through abrahamic covenant in christ. He is the seed ,not Isaac . And we are joint heirs with him.

1 Corinthians 3:21-22
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

Did you notice paul added THE WORLD.  Why wrestle with simple basic truths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pure Description Of Islam / 5 Strange Things About The Church Called COZA / Celestia Church Of Christ C.c.c A Church Or A Cult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.