Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,981 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski (4791 Views)

Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? / T.b. Joshua Warn Usa: "Don't Go To War With Syria!" (watch Video) / Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by newmi(m): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2011
^^^^
the million dollar question now is what happens when the "upright man" keep still his mouth and refuses to bless the city expecting God to do something about the ills around him?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Azibalua(f): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
newmi:

^^^^
the million dollar question now is what happens when the "upright man" keep still his mouth and refuses to bless the city expecting God to do something about the ills around him?

NOTHING
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Azibalua(f): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2011
dare2think:

I have and I still see no contradiction.
Care to highlight them?
Only when u answer these

Joagbaje:

What else do you expect of these guys? Lets ask few questions

Do you go to church,
Do you have a local assembly of worship
Do youhave a pastor
Do you walk in the love of God
Do you know the peron of the holy spirit
Are you filled with the spirit
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 12:34am On Dec 18, 2011
^^^^^^^

I asked you first, but as I guess you have no answers.

You never have answers.

Don't worry, I'll ask Pastor Chris or Pastor Jo. They seem to be the guys doing the thinking for you guys.

Shame, I actually thought you would disappoint me.

But hey, good riddance.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 12:48am On Dec 18, 2011
newmi:

^^^^

That's why it is dangerous for an intercessor to assume that others are praying. You maybe surprise that most christian dint intercede. If God has opened your eyes to intercession, you may just be among the few he is counting on. If you sleep thinking everybody is praying , you may ind yourself to blame .God is always looking for an intercessor.

Ezekiel 22:30-31
30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. 31 Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord God.

That's the error of these Mattew 24 miss-users. They are like Jonah expecting  God to destroy the city just because Gid hd predicted it.  But the people prayed and fasted. And the destruction Jonah predicted didn't happen.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by nlMediator: 5:25am On Dec 18, 2011
^
I agree with your general position on this issue. It's our role as christians to continue to pray, knowing as I have read you here in other threads, that the prayer God answers is the one that aligns with His will. BTW, that's why I don't see much of a difference between the 2 sides of this debate. However, I think you weaken your position when you misrepresent or misunderstand the position of your 'oppponents' which is that you cannot change God's Mind regarding the end times. Using examples such as Hezekiah's or Ezekiel's that do not relate to God's unchangeable position, unlike the end times, is not right. I do believe it is unchristian to believe that God can be convinced to change what He has made clear will happen regarding the end times. It's like saying Ezekiel prayed that the Messiah would never come and God answered. That's impossible. Just as end time events not happening is impossible. So, let's continue to pray. But let nobody argue that anybody's prayer can change God's immutable eternal plan regarding the end of of the age.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by eyoniggar(m): 5:54am On Dec 18, 2011
The funny thing about the downed drone is, US might have intentionally dropped that plane in iran to receive information,and they are there
happy that they downed a US drone. I laff in swahili.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 6:46am On Dec 18, 2011
nlMediator:

^
I agree with your general position on this issue. It's our role as christians to continue to pray, knowing as I have read you here in other threads, that the prayer God answers is the one that aligns with His will. BTW, that's why I don't see much of a difference between the 2 sides of this debate. However, I think you weaken your position when you misrepresent or misunderstand the position of your 'oppponents' which is that you cannot change God's Mind regarding the end times. Using examples such as Hezekiah's or Ezekiel's that do not relate to God's unchangeable position, unlike the end times, is not right.

I,appreciate your post. And if you really have observed ,I dont have any trouble with counter opinion. I infact enjoy it. Such opportunity gives room for learning on either sides.

My concern has been the carnal attitude of so called Christians . Who spread hate abuses and insult. It is the wrong attutude that puts me off. How can someone by the name of Christ speak guile. A debate should have been fun , but it turns into a war. It's even more serious than Iran war ! grin.

We should at least be civic. And above all things we are suposed to have fruits of the spirit. If an umbelievers insults , i may not be so concerned .but someone who is called by the name of Christ? It shouldnt be,

"
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Azibalua(f): 6:50am On Dec 18, 2011
dare2think:

^^^^^^^
I asked you first, but as I guess you have no answers.
You never have answers.
Don't worry, I'll ask Pastor Chris or Pastor Jo. They seem to be the guys doing the thinking for you guys
Shame, I actually thought you would disappoint me.
But hey, good riddance.
actually asked first  you can read earlier posts  
No be quarrel just name your church
grin
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 7:17am On Dec 18, 2011
I do believe it is unchristian to believe that God can be convinced to change what He has made clear will happen regarding the end times. It's like saying Ezekiel prayed that the Messiah would never come and God answered. That's impossible. Just as end time events not happening is impossible. So, let's continue to pray. But let nobody argue that anybody's prayer can change God's immutable eternal plan regarding the end of of the age.

This does not apply to my post. Mattew 24 prophecy is primarily for tribulation time. And that is after the rapture. Of course iniquity is already working but the church is the salt of the earth ,preserving the earth,and hindering the work of evil. When the church is ruptured , evil will be unleashed.

Even if wars are predicted for our time , does it mean every war must be sanctioned by the church?  Do you know how many wars and bloodshed have been averted by intercession? The violence in Nigeria for example ,are you going to keep quiet and say that after all the bible has foretold "Iniquity shall abound , love of many shall wax cold, lawlessness shall increase" etc? No you do your part to pray.We are salt of the earth.

Our own is to pray for our world and our jurisdiction. We leave the rest for God. Was paul praying against the will of God here?
1 Timothy 2:1-2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty

Didnt God predict that Nineveh will perish in few days?  By prayer we can avert ,minimise,delay or hasten certain prediction.  Prediction has human part to play. Despite Jeremiah prediction of 70 years captivity. They stayed beyond 70 yrs until daniel began to interced.  Despite the prophecy about the messiah. Do you know certain individuals had to pray for his advent? Prophecy has flexibility .

Certain evil were predicted against david. But when he prayed , God delayed them. Certain things were predicted against hezeikah but when he prayed God postponed them. It is while praying we can know in our heart that creating evil should be left because they must happen. I'm not saying we should pray against bible prophecies , we should pray about our world    Because it's our duty. It's left for God to say certain things must happen.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 7:19am On Dec 18, 2011
eyoniggar:

The funny thing about the downed drone is, US might have intentionally dropped that plane in iran to receive information,and they are there
happy that they downed a US drone. I laff in swahili.

You may be right. Only God knows grin
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by mbaemeka(m): 11:15am On Dec 19, 2011
Deepsight is a mature poster. I may not agree with some of his beliefs but i enjoy reading his posts.

bro joagbaje you are wonderful. The situation is exactly how you stated it "this lot dont know God yet they are ready to kill for him" typical of religous folks. What did you do wrong but ask other christians to join in praying? but as has been a norm here they neglect the message and attack the messenger. Children!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Why I Stopped Believing In God" Ex Presbyterian Pastor Michal Pleban / Pastor Tries To Import An Electric Shock Machine! / God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.