Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski (4786 Views)

Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? / T.b. Joshua Warn Usa: "Don't Go To War With Syria!" (watch Video) / Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Azibalua(f): 6:41am On Dec 17, 2011
[Quote]
1. The group is focused on a living leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.
2. The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
3. The group is preoccupied with making money.
4. Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
5. Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
6. The leadership dictates sometimes in great detail how members should think, act, and feel (for example: members must get permission from leaders to date, change jobs, get married; leaders may prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, how to discipline children, and so forth).
7. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members (for example: the leader is
considered the Messiah or an avatar; the group and/or the leader has a special mission to save humanity).
8. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.
9. The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities (as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations).
10. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group (for example: collecting money for bogus charities).
11. The leadership induces guilt feelings in members in order to control them.
12. Members' subservience to the group causes them to cut ties with family and friends, and to give up personal goals and activities that were of interest before joining the group.
13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group.
14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
[/quote]

Since when did becoming loyal to a group turn one into a cultist? jesus had disciples who were very loyal infact the one who was disloyal ended up committing suicide
Where are you coming from,who is feeding you with crap, obviously you do not have one to whom you are submitted to,or rather a church you are submitted to,if you do please can you supply a name

And this definition is highly faulty and contradictory
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by mabell: 6:46am On Dec 17, 2011
newmi:

It is so so pathetic please they need your prayers though they'll find it hard to admit
Jude 1:19
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Jude 1:19-20
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

And there say praying in tongues na cultism
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 8:22am On Dec 17, 2011
What else do you expect of these guys? Lets ask few questions

Do they go to church,
Do they have a local assembly of worship
Do they have a pastor
Do they walk in the love of God
Do they know the peron of the holy spirit
Are they filled with the spirit

The answer is No. What else can one expect from such. Thats why they can make a sport of attacking churches.

Jude 1:18-19
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Azibalua(f): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

Do they go to church,
Do they have a pastor

The answer is No. What else can one expect from such. Thats why they can make a sport of attacking churches.
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Answers please
grin
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by DeepSight(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2011
Honestly, at the risk of sounding like a broken record and being accussed as ever of defending Pastor Agbaje for dubious reasons, I really must comment on this very preposterous thread.

I have said it time without number that the propensity to overly demonize even the most innocuous statements made by Joagbaje is an unhealthy obsession that leads to absurd discussions. I have really struggled to see the purpose or necessity of the strident denunciations here.

The OP was simple enough. A thing that no religious person could in itself denounce. It very simply averred that war seems to be looming, and urged christians to pray against that. I have racked my brain over and over, but I honestly cannot see how other christians would find such a simple statement so terribly offensive. This is the problem with obsession and demonization.

Have a look at Davidylan's comment. He wrote -

On your question, it is NOT wrong to pray for peace. That in fact is not the premise here. however, it is clear that we live in the end time and if bible prophecy is anything to go by, wars and rumors of war are part of the signs Christ told us to watch out for. Can we pray our way out of the endtime? Can we "intercede" so as to delay it or cancel it altogether?

In his first line he says that it is not wrong to pray for peace. He then says that since in this instance, the war had been prophesied, then christians ought not pray against it - since these are part of the signs of the endtimes.

This perplexes me on many levels.

x - If a war looms in Nigeria today, would David and Alethia suggest that it would be wrong for christians to pray against it - in light of the fact that we are in the endtimes, and there must be "wars and rumours of wars" as part of endtime prophecy? ? ?

y - I want to assume David and Aleth would not be so sbsurd as to suggest the foregoing. What then could be their problem with a suggetsion that one should pray against a war in another country? ? ? Could it be the identity of that country? Is that country seen as some sort of anti-christ entity? And regardless of the answer to this question, how is prayer against war unchristian? ? ?

Now here comes the real hammer. A post made by Ogajim which in reality, for every open-eyed observer actually nails away the case made by Aleth and David as dead on arrival. He quotes the prayer in gethsamane -

Matthew 26:39
39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Here we have someone that these folk all believe to be ALMIGHTY GOD himself - praying and seeking a possibility to avert a prophesied event! Jesus plainly said - "my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me. . ." - thereby clearly making a prayer in spite of prophecy.

What this shows is that from the Christian point of view there could be nothing wrong in being prayerful even REGARDING prophesied events, especially when such events entail great suffering. Prayer always helps, no matter what, at least from the christian point of view. Even where an event is the will of God, prayer can termper it and release grace to help the people in their suffering.

All of this has arisen from a simple call to prayer over impending war. That is very sad indeed. What evil could such a post conceivably entail? Nobody is always right and nobody is always wrong. We should not bring our personal prejudices so heavily to bear on such innocent and innocuous posts such as that contained in the OP.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 10:19am On Dec 17, 2011
@ Deep sight,

I think its Joagbaje's  mention of 'economically' is what stirred up some of the criticism. However, to be fair he did mention ', and otherwise'.

@Joagbaje
Joagbaje:

Blackberry user, maybe you should read my post again. Explained owning the world there. Except religious bunch try to read different meaning into it.

What do you mean by blackberry user?

Is that meant to imply anything?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

1. The group is focused on a living leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.
2. The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
3. The group is preoccupied with making money.
4. Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
5. Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
6. The leadership dictates sometimes in great detail how members should think, act, and feel (for example: members must get permission from leaders to date, change jobs, get married; leaders may prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, how to discipline children, and so forth).
7. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members (for example: the leader is
considered the Messiah or an avatar; the group and/or the leader has a special mission to save humanity).
8. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.
9.the group's leader is not accountable to any authorities T (as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations).
10. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group (for example: collecting money for bogus charities).
11. The leadership induces guilt feelings in members in order to control them.
12. Members' subservience to the group causes them to cut ties with family and friends, and to give up personal goals and activities that were of interest before joining the group.
13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group.
14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members

How does Jesus fit into the Bolded?

@Ms Azibulia

Can you please highlight the fault and contradiction in the definition?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Barrrich: 10:55am On Dec 17, 2011
I don't understand the arguments contained in the various posts with the respect to this call to prayer by Davidylan, Ogajim, Aletheia and Dare2think. I believe there is no basis for these arguments given the intent of the post. It is just a simple call to prayer sent out to christians of this platform.

If you dont think it is necessary to pray about issues, you can hold your own beliefs and don't bring argument to derail the intent of a simple post. Thanks.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by DeepSight(m): 11:13am On Dec 17, 2011
dare2think:

@ Deep sight,

I think its Joagbaje's  mention of 'economically' is what stirred up some of the criticism. However, to be fair he did mention ', and otherwise'.

To be fair indeed, he did mention "and otherwise." But even if he didn't unless one has a skewed view of what the world economy is and entails, then one would not jump to assert that it is a reference to filthy lucre alone. Massive world events such as famine, drought, recession etc, are all economic events, because the economy starts with produce, and this also extends to displacement of people, and a torrent of other considerations.

It would be the height of demonization, to imagine that Joagbaje needs to pray against a war in Iran inorder to safeguard his tithes. Only extremist imagination could produce such a comic caricature from a post that simply adjures christians to pray against war.

Having said all that, I took the trouble to read the whole thread, or most of it - and I can clearly say that the economic reference was certainly not the only grievance David, Aleth, and co raised: indeed the vast majority of their posts focused on the idea that such a war would be the will of God given that these are the endtimes, and that for this reason christians who understand the word of God in this respect ought not to pray against such a war. They every clearly stated that "one cannot pray away the will of God." I wonder then why Jesus wasted his time in Gethsemane?

Prayer, from a christian standpoint, is always beneficial, even in the remit of an existing untoward prophecy.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2011
@deepsight
Deep Sight:

Honestly, at the risk of sounding like a broken record and being accussed as ever of defending Pastor Agbaje for dubious reasons, I really must comment on this very preposterous thread.

If there's any thing I admire about you ,it's your courage to stand for truth. And in my definition , you're a man of honor. We have our disagreement and we've talked privately about salvation and the things of God. I left the rest for God. He is a master commucator.

I must commend you. For the series of blows youve recieved by standing against the lies and injustice of the cabal on Nairaland. It's obvious the vendetta of these individual against me. Even against the rules of this forum. The rest you know. Those who seem to pretend to cry for justice are the ones doing injustice and character assassination and it's sad they do it in the name of God.

It's obvious that these individual discussed new plans from time to time how to destroy joagbaje. What is my crime? Just because I stand for truth  and justice. I function within my rights . Why would people leave out topics of discussion and get into personal attacks which they have pre planned .

If you don't agree with my post , it's not a problem . You have right to your opinion. If I'm wrong , simply  make it known by your truth and leave it that way. Let the readers judge.  Not by name callings and sentimentiments. They leave out the foot ball and go for the leg.Some have said to me that they attack me because I defend pastor CHRIS , or I spread poison. Why do you thing your own doctrine is not the poison. What gives you right to labell mine poison . And you must do illegal things to stop me from posting. Yet you claim to  cry for justice when you're doing injustice.

When I make a simple post, they come to complicate and manipulate it to suit their propaganda. Someone like ogajim will call me  419, others will say thief, cultist etc. even if i am . Is it anyone's business?  I have right to my opinion and right to share my convictions in truth. As well as they have theirs . They have no right impose or  to make me feel that their idea of truth should be the accepted one. Share your opinion ,leave it there. Let the viewers judge. This has been my campaign. We don't have to get the site messy to communicate our belief.

I have said it time without number that the propensity to overly demonize even the most innocuous statements made by Joagbaje is an unhealthy obsession that leads to absurd discussions. I have really struggled to see the purpose or necessity of the strident denunciations here.

The OP was simple enough. A thing that no religious person could in itself denounce. It very simply averred that war seems to be looming, and urged christians to pray against that. I have racked my brain over and over, but I honestly cannot see how other christians would find such a simple statement so terribly offensive. This is the problem with obsession and demonization.

Have a look at Davidylan's comment. He wrote -

In his first line he says that it is not wrong to pray for peace. He then says that since in this instance, the war had been prophesied, then christians ought not pray against it - since these are part of the signs of the endtimes.

This perplexes me on many levels.

x - If a war looms in Nigeria today, would David and Alethia suggest that it would be wrong for christians to pray against it - in light of the fact that we are in the endtimes, and there must be "wars and rumours of wars" as part of endtime prophecy? ? ?

y - I want to assume David and Aleth would not be so sbsurd as to suggest the foregoing. What then could be their problem with a suggetsion that one should pray against a war in another country? ? ? Could it be the identity of that country? Is that country seen as some sort of anti-christ entity? And regardless of the answer to this question, how is prayer against war unchristian? ? ?

Now here comes the real hammer. A post made by Ogajim which in reality, for every open-eyed observer actually nails away the case made by Aleth and David as dead on arrival. He quotes the prayer in gethsamane -

Here we have someone that these folk all believe to be ALMIGHTY GOD himself - praying and seeking a possibility to avert a prophesied event! Jesus plainly said - "my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me. . ." - thereby clearly making a prayer in spite of prophecy.

What this shows is that from the Christian point of view there could be nothing wrong in being prayerful even REGARDING prophesied events, especially when such events entail great suffering. Prayer always helps, no matter what, at least from the christian point of view. Even where an event is the will of God, prayer can termper it and release grace to help the people in their suffering.

It's a very simple message. It is not a hidden thing ,the desire for America to attack Iran . The nuclear weapon issue has been on. And of recent Iranians captured an American drone flying in their territory. America refuse to apologise yet demading Iran to return the stealth drone. There's tension which can escalate into war. Because Iran sees it as aggression.
I pray for nations. And when I saw that article of impending war, I felt I should share to other like minded individuals who should pray. That's what has been manipulated into another thing right before my eyes. They use every opportunity to carry out their "vendetta"

All of this has arisen from a simple call to prayer over impending war. That is very sad indeed. What evil could such a post conceivably entail? Nobody is always right and nobody is always wrong. We should not bring our personal prejudices so heavily to bear on such innocent and innocuous posts such as that contained in the OP. 

That's my position too. We can dis agree . Without aggression. I still hold no offence anyway. I must commend your courage because some people are not able to speak out because they are afraid of being attacked.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Barrrich: 11:24am On Dec 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

Do they go to church,
Do they have a pastor

The answer is No. What else can one expect from such. Thats why they can make a sport of attacking churches. [\quote]

I really think these are important questions these folks need to answer to, then we can know what to make out of their posts and the angle from which they are looking at issues. Because this is very important in the light of scriptures.
The Bible talks about  fellowship in Hebrews 10:25.

In Acts 4:23 we see the disciples going to their own company- brethren with whom they had fellowship with. If you study your Bible very well you will see different gatherings and fellowships, the Bible talks about their meeting from house to house.

The Bible talks about order as well. See 1 Cor 12:28- And God hath set some in the church, first, , secondarily, , thirdly,  God is not the author of confusion. The Bible says He gave some, apostle; and some prophets; and some, evangelists; and some pastors and teachers; for,  Eph 4:11
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2011
Barr rich:

I don't understand the arguments contained in the various posts with the respect to this call to prayer by Davidylan, Ogajim, Aletheia and Dare2think. I believe there is no basis for these arguments given the intent of the post. It is just a simple call to prayer sent out to christians of this platform.

If you dont think it is necessary to pray about issues, you can hold your own beliefs and don't bring argument to derail the intent of a simple post. Thanks.

The day you own your own forum and posses the exclusive right to control those who contribute to a topic then the above would make more sense.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2011
dare2think:

@ Deep sight,

The world already is struggling to come out of economy mess . A war like this will rather lead to more economic chaos. Aletheia said I should have thought of women and children. That's very funny. War is between military personels .mDo women and children go to war? Is it not the economic condition that will affect everybody either children or women. These are part of the manipulations of innocent posts.

@Joagbaje
What do you mean by blackberry user?

Is that meant to imply anything?

The way your post scatter ,it's mostly blackberry post that does that.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by DeepSight(m): 11:41am On Dec 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

Aletheia said I should have thought of women and children. That's very funny. War is between military personels .mDo women and children go to war?

Aletheia was right on that. There is always collateral damage on civilian populations, and that ought to be the first consideration. I want to assume however, that you do not discountenance this.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 11:45am On Dec 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

The way your post scatter ,it's mostly blackberry post that does that.

How does my post scatter?

I don't use a black-berry.

Is that what necessitated the term 'black-berry user'? How is it relevant to the discussion?

Anyway,

Mr joagbaje, you are claiming to be a victim but you refuse to say anything when Mabel, Azibulia and others attack other personalities (something you are also guilty of) on these forum.

That my friend is double-standard.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2011
dare2think:

How does my post scatter?
I don't use a black-berry.
Is that what necessitated the term 'black-berry user'? How is it relevant to the discussion?
Anyway,

Your post lines up on one side most times. I used to experience it before with a bb. No qualms if I'm wrong.

Mr joagbaje, you are claiming to be a victim but you refuse to say anything when Mabel, Azibulia and others attack other personalities on these forum.
That my friend is double-standard.

Its mostly reactionary ,from what I observed.I used to get to the point of provocstion before when their abuses get too much and I end up reacting fire for fire.thats about 2years ago. But I have addressed myself. I will not allow the wrong character of someone change my Christianity.

2 Timothy 2:24-25
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Azibalua(f): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

Do they go to church,
Do they have a pastor

I thought by now these questions will have answers
Make una try disappoint us by answering

author=dare2think link=topic=825060.msg9783128#msg9783128 date=1324113996]
How does Jesus fit into the Bolded?

@Ms Azibulia

Can you please highlight the fault and contradiction in the definition?

Read in btw the lines
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

Your post lines up on one side most times. I used to experience it before with a bb. No qualms if I'm wrong.

Its probably the mechanism you are viewing it with. From my end it seems fine.

Azibalua:

Read in btw the lines

I have and I still see no contradiction.

Care to highlight them?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by aletheia(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

The world already is struggling to come out of economy mess . A war like this will rather lead to more economic chaos.

^
For you, it always boils down to money. More economic chaos. . .so what? You are ignorant of Bible prophecy and God's determined counsel and purpose:
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine. And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. [Rev 6:4-8]

Keep deceiving yourself and your minions that you can delay Christ's coming and the Judgment that is coming upon the world.

Joagbaje:

Aletheia said I should have thought of women and children. That's very funny. War is between military personels .mDo women and children go to war? Is it not the economic condition that will affect everybody either children or women. These are part of the manipulations of innocent posts.
^Apparently in a million years, you will not understand the nature of modern warfare. Go and find out how many hundreds of thousands of civilians died as a direct result of the war in Iraq. . .how many are still dying (even DS understood that).
Since your understanding of Christ is centred on money, the only thing you see to pray about is the World Economy. . .despite the scriptural admonition that tells us this world and all its glory is passing away.
Since your understanding of Christ is centred on money; you cannot even comprehend Matthew 24, and the various exhortations in scriptures that caution us that when these things begin to happen we should understand that Christ draws nigh. . .and even tells us in 2 Peter to hasten his return.

You are typical of the false prophets, such as described in Jeremiah:
Nevertheless hear thou now this word that I speak in thine ears, and in the ears of all the people; The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence. The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him. [Jer 28:7-9]

Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them, Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place. Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart. [Jer 14:13-14]

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.
[Jer 23:16-17]

You say:
Joagbaje: This particular war should not be fought at this time. It will have effect on nations. The world has enough trouble to deal with.
F00lish man! Who are you to determine the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Who are you to gainsay the established word of God:

But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by. Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: [Luk 21:9-10]

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. [Luk 21:25-28]

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Keep prophesying your deceits and lulling yourself and your minions into a false sense of security:
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
[1Th 5:3]

Keep on with your deluded rants and boasts; Jesus Christ described your sort of churches to a T:
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. [Rev 3:17-18]

Keep deluding yourself until the Day of the Lord takes you unawares but true children of the Most High will not be deceived by the likes of you.
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. [1Th 5:4-6]
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2011
^^^^
Frustration
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
^^^^^^^^^
He responsed with biblical references.  smiley wink
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by DeepSight(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2011
^ His response is rather beside the point  - at least as far as the OP is concerned. There is nothing he has said that proves or shows that it is unchristian to pray against or concerning looming warfare, on the grounds that such warfare represents a fulfillment of prophecy.

Christ himself prayed in Gethsemane in spite of the adverse prophecies lined up against or concerning his prayer.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by dare2think: 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2011
But deepsight, would you consider the relationship between the two countries as 'looming warfare'?

No declaration of war has been made so far that I know of?
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by aletheia(m): 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2011
Deep Sight:

^ His response is rather beside the point  - at least as far as the OP is concerned.
I 've already indicated what was wrong with the OP; and how any Christian ought to pray in these days. If it escapes both you and Jo. . .no problem. Those who will hear will hear.
And read again Christ's prayer in Gethsemane. . .there are certain points therein that escape disobedient children.

Joagbaje:

Frustration  
^
You wish. What is there for me to be frustrated about? Keep running.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by mabell: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2011
I remember a case in the bible, of a king hezekiah, who a prophet was sent to him to announce his death.
When the prophet left, it was recorded that he turned his face to the wall and cried to God for forgiveness
Before the prophet could go far, God answered and told him to go back and tell the king He ad added extra years to his life
Waoh! What an answer to prayers
( I wouldn't mind if someone assists me with the scriptures)
Same thing still happens today, we as xtians have being called into the ministry of intercession
We pray for governments of the nation, we pray for the economies of countries
We don't do it for personal gain but for the peace of the nations and for the furtherance of the gospel
God can do just about anything when an intercessor prays, situations can be changed for the better
So, the purpose of this thread should be understood
We should be xcited when there is a call for prayer
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2011
Deep Sight:

^ His response is rather beside the point  - at least as far as the OP is concerned. There is nothing he has said that proves or shows that it is unchristian to pray against or concerning looming warfare, on the grounds that such warfare represents a fulfillment of prophecy.

Christ himself prayed in Gethsemane in spite of the adverse prophecies lined up against or concerning his prayer.

We have choices and responsibility. Why would people resign to fate doing nothing with claim of prophetic fulfilment they don't understand.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
mabell:

I remember a case in the bible, of a king hezekiah, who a prophet was sent to him to announce his death.
When the prophet left, it was recorded that he turned his face to the wall and cried to God for forgiveness
Before the prophet could go far, God answered and told him to go back and tell the king He ad added extra years to his life
Waoh! What an answer to prayers
( I wouldn't mind if someone assists me with the scriptures)

2 Kings 20:1-2
In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live. 2 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the Lord, saying. . .
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2011
@mabel

Same thing still happens today, we as xtians have being called into the ministry of intercession
We pray for governments of the nation, we pray for the economies of countries
We don't do it for personal gain but for the peace of the nations and for the furtherance of the gospel
God can do just about anything when an intercessor prays, situations can be changed for the better
So, the purpose of this thread should be understood
We should be xcited when there is a call for prayer

Thats one of the reason I so much enjoy our universal intercession on twitter and Yookos . I have a Larry king cartoon for you. cool

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQodAJkqSss&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/flash]
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by DeepSight(m): 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
aletheia:

I 've already indicated what was wrong with the OP; and how any Christian ought to pray in these days.

Very well - although the OP did not discuss how to pray. It said - let us pray . . . .

And read again Christ's prayer in Gethsemane. . .there are certain points therein that escape disobedient children.

It does not escape me that he ends his prayer with a submission to the will of God. I doubt that anybody, Pastor Jo inclusive, would not be attentive to that.

The fact remains that he prayed concerning prophesied events - and indeed he specifically asked that "if it be possible" the cup should pass.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by DeepSight(m): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

2 Kings 20:1-2
In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, [size=25pt]Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live. 2 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the Lord, saying. . .
[/size]

The coup de grâce.

Indeed, prayer is probably most pertinent in the face of impending prophectic fulfillment.
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by Joagbaje(m): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2011
Deep Sight:

It does not escape me that he ends his prayer with a submission to the will of God. I doubt that anybody, Pastor Jo inclusive, would not be attentive to that.

The Matthew 24 prophecy is being miss applied here by my opponents . But let's take it that they even applied it rightly. We need to know the place of intercession. We can pray away certain prophecies , we can delay the fulfilment of certain prophecies we can also hasten fulfilment of certain prophecies. God always count on intercessors to bring about his will. We have several examples in the bible whereby what God planned to do was averted by prayer, delayed ,postponed or hastend.

It is ignorance when we say we resign to fate in certain matters because it's prophesied .
Re: U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski by newmi(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
Man is a free moral agent thus possessing one of the singular most powerful treasure called "FREE WILL" consequently he is responsible for the outcome and results of the choices he makes or fails to make by choosing not to make.
Deuteronomy 30:19
19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,[ that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Itsn't it amazing that even God Himself doesn't impose options on us rather He admonishes us to make choices for ourselves
Amos 3:3 & 7(BBE)
3 Is it possible for two to go walking together, if not by agreement?
7 Certainly the Lord will do nothing without making clear his secret to his servants, the prophets.
It is petinent and important that we understand that in Christ Jesus the Christian is in a partnership thus sharing certain responsibilities.
For instance the proverbs 11:11 frames an idea of this responsibilities
Proverbs 11:11
11 By the blessing of the influence of the upright and God's favor[ because of them] the city is exalted, but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Strange Things About The Church Called COZA / Pastor Tries To Import An Electric Shock Machine! / Christians, Muslims, Atheists - Pls Hell Is Real!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.