Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa (23227 Views)

Boko Haram Releases Video Of Missing Nigerian Airforce Jet (watch)- Cramjones / Yasmine, El-rufai's 25 Year Old Daughter, Found Dead In London / Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by AngelNoir: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
It's a shame I can't respond to individuals. Has it been disabled? Anyway, what is with all the prayers and crazy talk and why can't Nigerians accept there is an act called suicide.

From all accounts and the reluctance of her family to go public, it appears they have accepted their fate.  So why drag on the hysteria http://www.duchessofhackney.com/2011/12/16/the-curious-case-of-tosin-oyelowo/
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by nelly4(f): 6:08pm On Dec 16, 2011
but what i dnt get is dat after a seeminly succesfull life and promising future, u den suddenly hear of a shutdown just like dat, its a pity, sad indeed, Rip my black sister
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Obiagu1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2011
Was she on Nairaland?
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2011
nelly4:

but what i dnt get is dat after a seeminly succesfull life and promising future, u den suddenly hear of a shutdown just like dat, its a pity, sad indeed, Rip my black sister

Please understand that suicides don't decide OVERNIGHT or SUDDENLY to take their lives.

here is a link to help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ichommy(m): 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
rip cry
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Orikinla(m): 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
Only God knows what drove her to plunge to her death.

Someone somewhere failed to do the right thing for her?

Help is never far away for those who can ask for it.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by joe4christ(m): 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2011
How i pity for her soul!
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by SonoraRose: 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2011
Princek12:

It sounds like a boyfriend issue. Naija girls act like they are about to commit suicide over boyfriend issues.

Yeah right! you wish a pretty girl like that would kill herself for you. Where did you read anything about boyfriend?
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2011
They have yet to find her body so until that is done, can we hold off on the assumptions?

Thanks
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ghboytelle(m): 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2011
things are not always so perfect.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2011
Jeeez . . . . her body hasnt even been found yet and allready you guys are confirming her dead! Na wa oh . . . undecided
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by jerk: 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
one particular tribe in naija likes suicide a lot.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by sandysprax(m): 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
WTF is this world turning to sef? Nigerians now partake in suicide and suicide bombing.An altar boi in my church in Abuja committed suicide also some few months back, saying tht his elder bro was maltreating him.They have prophesied that the world will end 2012.Could these be signs?      .Pls NL, repent and accept Jesus/Prophet Mo. depending on which u blieve in.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Seun(m): 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2011
Depression is a deadly disease, and this (suicide) is how it kills, when left untreated for a very long time.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Ejine(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2011
What a loss.
R.I.P.

I heart the lady, though. Any diasporan would do the same after reading about Ghana's plans to start selling electricity to Nigeria cry
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Yeske2(m): 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2011
What a waste! May her soul RIP.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Nadanbata: 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2011
rip o
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ronkebp(f): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2011
Since they have not found her body, how was she found dead
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ufot(m): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
Oh Lawd Why NOW?
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2011
No body
and how do they know it was suicide and not murder without seeing the body for evidence first?

Seun, until there is concrete evidence can this please be removed from front page as respect for her family?

as of now shes still considered just missing.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2011
People go through all kinds of issues that the average onlooker might know nothing about. As Shakespeare said, 'there is no art to read the construction of the mind on the face' (or something like that). It's really pathetic but the world is a wicked place. Some people just like to put others down and make them suffer emotionally and psychologically. At some point in my life I did come close to being depressed over certain family/money issues, and I know how it feels for one to feel stuck in a rot with seemingly no way out. Not everyone is strong or fortunate enough to overcome some of these deeply saddening circumstances and so suicide will always be an option for some. It's easy to say it's not an option, but (s)he who feels it knows it.

The only thing I can say is that we should try to show consideration or empathy to those that we encounter, or at least be politely indifferent to them rather than compund their misery with gratuitous wickedness. Truth is that you never know who you might be directly or indirecly pushing to, or rescuing from suicide by your actions.

This life is just too complicated sef. Tragedy and sorrow is incredibly banal and imperative if you think about it deeply. . .it's only a matter of when, not if. . . .

Anyways. RIP Tosin.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ajanaku2(m): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
jerk:

one particular tribe in naija likes suicide a lot.

Jerk and Wily Wily, I think your Fathers are Bas-tards! R.I.P, beautiful, smart Tosin. "Omo-Iya", Sun re o!
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Cuddlemii: 8:17pm On Dec 16, 2011
Whats with all these death rolls all over the place. Its sad that ladies now take their lives these days. Lord have mercy on our souls. The painful thing is that these ladies are always good looking, accomplished, well read & have a source of livelihood but that's never enough.

To think some human beings are never thankful of what they have, we always want more. At least we are breathing and living that to me is more than enough to be thankful for, this festive season. May her soul rest in perfect peace, only God knows what could have triggered such an act. 25 years, wow, I pity her parents right now.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by deevick246(m): 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
This is a Big loss. Hmmm. Na only God understand wetin we human nor understand. RIP.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Whats with all these death rolls all over the place. Its sad that ladies now take their lives these days. Lord have mercy on our souls. The painful thing is that these ladies are always good looking, accomplished, well read & have a source of livelihood but that's never enough.

[size=13pt]To think some human beings are never thankful of what they have, we always want more. At least we are breathing and living that to me is more than enough to be thankful for, these festive season[/size]. May her soul rest in perfect peace, only God knows what could have triggered such an act. 25 years, wow, I pity her parents right now.

Now you see . . . . this is precisely the mentality that seems to prevail among Nigerians. Heartless beings walking around speaking out of arrogance on that which they are ignorant of. A person is depressed or commits suicide, and immediately they decide the person MUST BE UNGRATEFUL/UNTHANKFUL etc. 

No wonder there are still a majority out there who are  blind to the suicides that happen right where they live in Nigeria.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by AngelNoir: 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2011
People wake up. The fact that her family wants no publicity, is proof that they have accepted her fate. Do you think for one moment they would not make the most of the media if she was missing? Tosin is dead.

http://www.duchessofhackney.com/2011/12/16/the-curious-case-of-tosin-oyelowo/
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Jayjey(m): 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2011
It is a total waste to a vibrant brain. She took a wrong decision. I pray she find the Mercy of the Lord. It is pathetic.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2011
Angel Noir:

People wake up. The fact that her family wants no publicity, is proof that they have accepted her fate. Do you think for one moment they would not make the most of the media if she was missing? Tosin is dead.

http://www.duchessofhackney.com/2011/12/16/the-curious-case-of-tosin-oyelowo/

doesnt matter. A body hasnt been found. since when has the media cared about what the family wants?

and what joy do you get from screaming about her death anyway?
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 16, 2011
please stop all this talk, there is no proof that she hasn't been found dead despite sea patrol search, ,her toyota yaris was found at a convinience store, her body hasn't been found , even though unfaced motorist claimed they saw are walking the Arthur bridge , i know tosin and those who know knows she wouldnt commit suicide, she must have bent stalked, FBI been saying shit all along, let the poster ammend the title please in order not to mislead a lot, any one of us could find ourselves in this situation someday
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by sumgelem(m): 8:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
She was beautiful, rip
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2011
The saying that Nigerians do not commit sucide is one of the ignorant things we keep telling ourselves. This society discourages people from talking about their problems with everyone just telling each other self-righteous quotes that really do not solve anything. I know 2 9ja men that have committed sucide and one of them was a very active member of the choir. Depression is very real.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Nicaty: 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
Thou shall not kill, so the Holy Book says. What would you say to God when you see Him. RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shiites Suspend All Protests / Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT / How Buhari’s Associates, Relatives Were Defeated In APC Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.