Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866830 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hi everyone please i have a question,my brother just got his student visa and he was only given 6 months but he is going for his masters which is 1 year so is this how they do it now or is it a mistake on their part? thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
damilolaz: @justwise my bank statement was not returned back to me when I collected my visa at vfs, but I was given visa. Do I complain or is it normal

Congratz on your visa grant man! how did u pay or intend to pay your sch fee? Was it directly from ur naira acc or dommy? If from dommy, how did you source for the pounds? sent u a PM, check ur mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Pls I am getting confused about this bookin of interview. I read on a previous page that it now takes an extra week to get an appointment cos of the rush. Now do I have to wait till my 28 day count is over before I fill the form online and submit online? Also is it after submittin online that I can now book appointment?
Thank you Sirs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 9:31am On Jul 28, 2013
@admin:
How do I connect someone from this from/thread? I don send PM tire. I dey get the guy PM too but na so so bounce my reply dey bounce. Pls help, I need contact this guy badly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fg17: 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
Has anyone receiving any of the commonwealth scholarship for 2013 gotten his/her confirmation of award letter for the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission?
Am yet to receive mine that was sent since ending of June, and i have applied for Visa with coming up on Tuesday.
Please Commonwealth Scholars let's break the silence, what's up?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
vivichocs: pls guys, i'm preparing for my IELTS exam..any tips or advice?

secondly, hv been searching for IELTS thread buh dont seem to find any..if there's any,pls kindly share d link with me...Tanx

I wrote the IELTS recently & I did well to God's glory. Primarily, I practised with the Cambridge IELTS Book 8 (downloadable through google) and the free practice tests on the British Council websites. This is primarily so as to get familiarised with the nature of questions, how best to answer (or write down answers) and the scope & guidelines of IELTS. If you're an average English user who has been used to the language, there shouldn't be any difficulty. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by petreli12: 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
fg17: Has anyone receiving any of the commonwealth scholarship for 2013 gotten his/her confirmation of award letter for the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission?
Am yet to receive mine that was sent since ending of June, and i have applied for Visa with coming up on Tuesday.
Please Commonwealth Scholars let's break the silence, what's up?

Bros, congrats on your scholarship, all the best in your academic sojourn. Pls, are u going for a taught or research masters? How did u win d scholarship? I intend applying for it this year. Pls u can send me an email available on my profile.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fg17: 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
petreli12:

Bros, congrats on your scholarship, all the best in your academic sojourn. Pls, are u going for a taught or research masters? How did u win d scholarship? I intend applying for it this year. Pls u can send me an email available on my profile.
Thanks

I will be going for taught masters by God's Grace. The advert for the various commonwealth scholarship and fellowship programme will soon start coming out. Just keep alert. Which are you interested in, I may alert when it starts if I remember.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by LondonCool(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
emmy4eve: thanks so much future don.

our officials aren't doing noting. they only tried to extort you once recognized as a first time traveler.

Errors corrected cry and i have booked a new flight to london for 21st of january.

kudos to you all in d house.

cheers

It's quite possible for the MMA officials to overlook your right of entry to UK as you were actually transiting through Doha . However, the onus was on you to check that you travel at the right date. If Qatar Airways had flown you to UK, the UKBA would have charged them £2,500 for carrying an 'undocumented passenger' and returned you to Nigeria under the Chicago Convention.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
Gurus in the house,
Pls I did read on another thread that ppl who are submitting their online applications now, are being able to get appointments mid August. Inorder to save time do I hv to wait for my 28 days to complete before I submit my application online? So I book an interview date soonest?
Justwise pls help out.thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
Be+2012:
Gurus in the house,
Pls I did read on another thread that ppl who are submitting their online applications now, are being able to get appointments mid August. Inorder to save time do I hv to wait for my 28 days to complete before I submit my application online? So I book an interview date soonest?
Justwise pls help out.thank u

What happens if you got a date earlier before the completion of the 28days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by LondonCool(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
FutureDon:

Don't get worried about it, they didn't return my statement of account also.

The British Embassy have no right to retain your bank statement if it was an original document. They only do it to build up a fraud database of bank statements from different Nigerian banks to catch those Agents who provide bank statements for clients ( those one's without COT deductions).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fg17: 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
master007:

Go back to www.ukvac-ng.com, click on book appointment. Then check below. You would see print Booking confirmation. But incase they don't send you and email confirmation. Just re-book because these is rush hour period for students.
Hope these helps

Thank you for the response. but i have tried to print through the book appointment tab and it still requires the reference number. Meanwhile, am yet to receive the receive any confirmation email. Did they send you confirmation email in your instance?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MakoStylish: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
Can My Father Sponsor Me if the Money is in His Account. Seems the Money has been there for Morethan 28 day (which is Morethan Ma Living Cost and tuition)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by James121: 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
justwise:

You can book for your appointment like 2 weeks before your 28 days completion in order to get a suitable time. The dates are getting booked quite quickly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damilolaz(m): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
LondonCool:

The British Embassy have no right to retain your bank statement if it was an original document. They only do it to build up a fraud database of bank statements from different Nigerian banks to catch those Agents who provide bank statements for clients ( those one's without COT deductions).

WELL THEY RETAINED MINE AND IT WAS NOT FRAUD?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
can anyone pls pls pls shed a light on the situation/question i asked about getting a 6 months study visa for a 1 year masters course please. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
justwise:

I've been considering same tin she's talking about. I tink one gets to choose an appointment date out of the dates available which dy'll show u,at least I know dts how d US visa appointment is made.
On d ukba site on d page where it says 'applying from outside d uk'(sorry I dnt hv d link rt now),it says that ones application date is d day u pay ur visa fees,so dt makes me believe that we can actually apply online,book an appointment and pay on d day of the interview. Wht dyu tink?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
miz Gene:

I've been considering same tin she's talking about. I tink one gets to choose an appointment date out of the dates available which dy'll show u,at least I know dts how d US visa appointment is made.
On d ukba site on d page where it says 'applying from outside d uk'(sorry I dnt hv d link rt now),it says that ones application date is d day u pay ur visa fees,so dt makes me believe that we can actually apply online,book an appointment and pay on d day of the interview. Wht dyu tink?

That still hasn't answered my question, what happens if the dates available comes before the completion of the 28day bank account duration?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
Finky: can anyone pls pls pls shed a light on the situation/question i asked about getting a 6 months study visa for a 1 year masters course please. thanks
if u read d instructions while applying u'd hv seen where it was stated that u must/should check dt u were given d right visa at d point of collection, u shd return ur passport to the vfs and make a complaint.
@Markostylish,if u go a few pages back on ds thread,am sure u'll find ur question answered by justwise..not once but several times!
Make una have mercy on ds guy n try doin some basic research b4 askn questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
LondonCool:

Why are you contradicting yourself? Do you have any link to back up this spurious claim of yours?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
Thank you @miz Gene..we just werent sure if it was an error or not bt now i'ld tell him to take it back to vfs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 5:45am On Jul 29, 2013
justwise:

That still hasn't answered my question, what happens if the dates available comes before the completion of the 28day bank account duration?
That's not likely to happen at all,cos dates farther in the future are freer and dates closer to the day of ur application are more congested,dts d usual trend....and no appointment date is forced on u,u can always keep rechecking till u get wat u want
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 6:15am On Jul 29, 2013
miz Gene:
That's not likely to happen at all,cos dates farther in the future are freer and dates closer to the day of ur application are more congested,dts d usual trend....and no appointment date is forced on u,u can always keep rechecking till u get wat u want
MiZ Gene and Justwise Thanks for thashing out my qsn, I am going to try out MiZ genes suggestion, I hv about 12 days left to countout of my 28 days.my school is resuming sept 16 and hv refused to issue me extension hence my worries.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:13am On Jul 29, 2013
miz Gene:

Ok i get that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MakoStylish: 7:32am On Jul 29, 2013
miz Gene:
if u read d instructions while applying u'd hv seen where it was stated that u must/should check dt u were given d right visa at d point of collection, u shd return ur passport to the vfs and make a complaint.
@Markostylish,if u go a few pages back on ds thread,am sure u'll find ur question answered by justwise..not once but several times!
Make una have mercy on ds guy n try doin some basic research b4 askn questions.

@Miz Gene. I know My Parents can sponsor Me Since. But the combination of My Tuition and Maintenace is less than what is in My Fathers account and it has been there in the Bank for More than 28 days without it been lower than the Money I require. Thanx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 9:28am On Jul 29, 2013
Good morning everyone, @Justwise, please i need your help urgently, This was stated in CAS *Documents used to obtain your offer - Please note that you must send in all the original documents listed below with your Visa application: Bachelor of Arts from University of Lagos. We have assesses this student's English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this.* I'm a bit confused on the documents to submit; i'm thinking of submitting the follow:

1. Bank statement
2. Statement of Result.
3. Academic Transcript
4. WAEC result
5. CAS
6. Unconditional Offer letter
7. Do i need to include the reference letters i used to get the admission?

Please could you let me know if there are documents i have omitted or i don't need to include. Thanks everyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 9:32am On Jul 29, 2013
Good day guys pls I need a clarifications @justwise, my skool sent me a mail some 3weeks back askin me to write a toefl after registering I had issues on d exams day in my center (badnetwork) so ets rescheduled me n some others wit same issues, later dat day I received a mail 4m my school  
Further to the automatic email sent below, please note your status now is Unconditional Firm.) Do I call dem to provide me wit my cas or wait after the exams.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:34am On Jul 29, 2013
sassybee: Good morning everyone, @Justwise, please i need your help urgently, This was stated in CAS *Documents used to obtain your offer - Please note that you must send in all the original documents listed below with your Visa application: Bachelor of Arts from University of Lagos. We have assesses this student's English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this.* I'm a bit confused on the documents to submit; i'm thinking of submitting the follow:

1. Bank statement
2. Statement of Result.
3. Academic Transcript
4. WAEC result
5. CAS

Please could you let me know if there are documents i have omitted or i don't need to include. Thanks everyone
No reference letters is needed, no Unconditional Offer letter is needed too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2013
damilolaz: Who is going to the University of leeds?
I am.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2013
sassybee: Good morning everyone, @Justwise, please i need your help urgently, This was stated in CAS *Documents used to obtain your offer - Please note that you must send in all the original documents listed below with your Visa application: Bachelor of Arts from University of Lagos. We have assesses this student's English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this.* I'm a bit confused on the documents to submit; i'm thinking of submitting the follow:

1. Bank statement
2. Statement of Result.
3. Academic Transcript
4. WAEC result
5. CAS

You need to add your Bsc certificate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:39am On Jul 29, 2013
xteeeee:
Good day guys pls I need a clarifications @justwise, my skool sent me a mail some 3weeks back askin me to write a toefl after registering I had issues on d exams day in my center (badnetwork) so ets rescheduled me n some others wit same issues, later dat day I received a mail 4m my school  
Further to the automatic email sent below, please note your status now is Unconditional Firm.) Do I call dem to provide me wit my cas or wait after the exams.

You need to get a clarification from them, what do they mean by: Your 'Unconditional is now Firm', does it mean that you don't need to write TOEFI again or what

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.