Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,904 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866817 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kapela3: 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
Please is there anyone in the house who knows how long it takes for Ireland Embassy to approve a Student visa? I submitted my application on 1st of July and my application status stills reads "Your application for visa has been forwarded to Embassy of Ireland Abuja".
Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
justwise:

1.UKBA got no influence on the exchange rate, they use oanda exchange rate of the day you submitted your application, if the rate changed after your submission then its not your prob.

2. Yes

Thanks a lot Justwise. That was helpful & relieving. One other question please! My school resumes 23rd Sept, 2013 & I foresee submitting my application on the 22nd of August and hopefully get an interview date before 6th Sept. In your experience, is the time favourable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by don90: 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
justwise:

Did you withdraw the application? Though you don't have much to worry about.

[quote author=Be+2012]No u were not refused a visa, u withdrew ur application. So no need to fret. Just be prAying with fAith, God will
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by don90: 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
H
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
don_90: Could ukba by any means of chance contact the usa embassy and knows about my story? shocked

Only if you have something to hide but based on what you narrated then there is nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
Thanks a lot Justwise. That was helpful & relieving.
One other question please! My school resumes 23rd
Sept, 2013 & I foresee submitting my application on
the 22nd of August and hopefully get an interview
date before 6th Sept. In your professional experience, is the time favourable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
Don Oms: Thanks a lot Justwise. That was helpful & relieving.
One other question please! My school resumes 23rd
Sept, 2013 & I foresee submitting my application on
the 22nd of August and hopefully get an interview
date before 6th Sept. In your professional experience, is the time favourable?

Not the best but you could get away with it if you get earlier date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Autolord: 6:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
Justwise this question has never been answered, On my bank account statement funds transferred to my account were from a company account(mine), however sponsorship letter is from my dad with he's work place letter headed though required funds have stayed for 28days. Is it ok? If no what do u advice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
Autolord: Justwise this question has never been answered, On my bank account statement funds transferred to my account were from a company account(mine), however sponsorship letter is from my dad with he's work place letter headed though required funds have stayed for 28days. Is it ok? If no what do u advice?

Your daddy transferred money into your account from company's account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Autolord: 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
My dad transferred money from he's account to my company account because my company account @ zenith was convinient for him. So I further transferred the money from my company account to my private account because I feel its more convinient to submit a statement of my personal account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
Autolord: My dad transferred money from he's account to my company account because my company account @ zenith was convinient for him. So I further transferred the money from my company account to my private account because I feel its more convinient to submit a statement of my personal account.

Nothing wrong with that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Autolord: 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
Thanks boss!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by 735i(m): 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
Gd evening to all the gurus in the house; I'll be applying for a tier 4 visa by 6th of this month. However;I have 4 quick questions that i really need answers to;

1.) I was refused a student visa to the UK in January cos i submitted my application late; (I was scored Zero for CAS because my visa application date was rather late and my CAS was termed "invalid" ) Would my visa refusal in January affect this application and do i need to attach the refusal page?

2.) My e-passport will be expiring in February 2014. Can a visa be denied because a passport will be expiring 6 months from date of visa issuance?

3.) i mistakenly withdrew 500k from my account within the 28 days required but immediately returned it in less than an hour as soon as i noticed. Do i need to start counting the 28days all over again?

Justwise & co.; please help with answers. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kapela3: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
Please does anyone know how long it takes for Ireland Embassy to approve a Student visa? I submitted my application on 1st of July and my application status stills reads "Your application for visa has been forwarded to Embassy of Ireland Abuja".
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
735 i: Gd evening to all the gurus in the house; I'll be applying for a tier 4 visa by 6th of this month. However;I have 4 quick questions that i really need answers to;

1.) I was refused a student visa to the UK in January cos i submitted my application late; (I was scored Zero for CAS because my visa application date was rather late and my CAS was termed "invalid" ) Would my visa refusal in January affect this application and do i need to attach the refusal page?

2.) My e-passport will be expiring in February 2014. Can a visa be denied because a passport will be expiring 6 months from date of visa issuance?

3.) i mistakenly withdrew 500k from my account within the 28 days required but immediately returned it in less than an hour as soon as i noticed. Do i need to start counting the 28days all over again?

1) State in the appropriate section of your application form that you were once refused a Visa. It won't affect you negatively for the reason of your refusal.

2) As for your passport expiry, maybe until Justwise answers but in my opinion, if you'll be staying beyond the date of expiry, say 1 year MSc course, U're at a big risk of refusal again (Note: my opinion)

3) From past discussions, I don't think u should worry about the money withdrawal since u returned it immediately.

By d way, how late was your February application? I.e. How far was your date of application to the resumption date on your CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
735 i: Gd evening to all the gurus in the house; I'll be applying for a tier 4 visa by 6th of this month. However;I have 4 quick questions that i really need answers to;

I thought i have answered these questions from you before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
kapela3: Please does anyone know how long it takes for Ireland Embassy to approve a Student visa? I submitted my application on 1st of July and my application status stills reads "Your application for visa has been forwarded to Embassy of Ireland Abuja".
As @ last year I was aware it takes 8 to 10 weeks. There shld be a thread for ireland students, how do u survive; check for it. This thread is strictly for UK Tier 4 visa ie GB and Scotland. Irish rules are very different.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kapela3: 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
Thanks Boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
This trend of filling your online application before the bank 28 days is complete so as to get early interview date. Its tricky and might cos more harm than good. While filling the online form you ll be required to fill information about ur maintainance money. If the ECO finds out u filled that information before the statement was printed, it might cause some problem.
In my opinion I think its better to play strictly by the rules to avoid been bitten by the rules.
Safe Peeps. I wish every1 goodluck including myself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingbilly(f): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2013
Anyone going to University of South Wales next month?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ttsource: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
kingbilly: Anyone going to University of South Wales next month?

I'll be in South Wales ooo.. Msc Management.. Visa secured, Just Trying to sort housing... Definitely not staying on campus.. Looking for housing with the GlamStudentPad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CaptJHMiller: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
Signing up to this thread..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by 735i(m): 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
justwise:

I thought i have answered these questions from you before?

NOOO....Oga Justwise i'm posting on this thread for the very 1st time. cry Please help with answers

Don Oms:

1) State in the appropriate section of your application form that you were once refused a Visa. It won't affect you negatively for the reason of your refusal.

2) As for your passport expiry, maybe until Justwise answers but in my opinion, if you'll be staying beyond the date of expiry, say 1 year MSc course, U're at a big risk of refusal again (Note: my opinion)

3) From past discussions, I don't think u should worry about the money withdrawal since u returned it immediately.

By d way, how late was your February application? I.e. How far was your date of application to the resumption date on your CAS?

I had up to 15 working days from the date of my application. However, public holidays were declared after my application. Therefore the number of working days were reduced by 2.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibomboy: 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
Justwise,
Will the 2-day ramadan public hols affect the 15 working-days wait for visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:56am On Aug 03, 2013
Anyone going to be at the university of southampton?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:39am On Aug 03, 2013
ibomboy: Justwise,
Will the 2-day ramadan public hols affect the 15 working-days wait for visa application?

I really doubt that, i don't think it will
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:44am On Aug 03, 2013

1. it will only affect it if you withhold the info, you don't need to attach the refusal letter.

2. it will not.

3. No you don't need it, you returned the money the same day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingbilly(f): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2013
@ttsource:

I'll be in South Wales ooo.. Msc Management.. Visa secured, Just Trying to sort housing... Definitely not staying on campus.. Looking for housing with the GlamStudentPad.

Visa secured also. Msc Project Management. We'll both receive lectures in City Campus. Looking for house tooo............ Any luck with the search?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ttsource: 11:47am On Aug 03, 2013
kingbilly:

Visa secured also. Msc Project Management. We'll both receive lectures in City Campus. Looking for house tooo............ Any luck with the search?

Its the Treforest Campus though...I am gonna book a room in a guest house for 1 week and then hope I find housing immediately before d week runs out. I'm going 2nd week in september though.. Email me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingbilly(f): 11:52am On Aug 03, 2013
@ttsource:

Its the Treforest Campus though...I am gonna book a room in a guest house for 1 week and then hope I find housing immediately before d week runs out. I'm going 2nd week in september though.. Email me?

Am leaving second week also. Been trying to mail you, don't know how. Email me if you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
So na only me dey go Essex embarassed
This kind nairaland ppl self sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.