Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864321 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:

No I didn't attach any of those. Some schools require it, others don't.

wow! Since you don't submit it, I am considering myself lucky to get someone like you.....please which school did you apply to?

Please and please.....kindly lemme know as this will greatly assist me. Please sir!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
@justwise and all:

Am submitting my application on 15th. kindly confirm that the appendix 8 form submission is compulsory.

Also my CAS says the following concerning documents:

Qualification evidence; BSc Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

English evidence; Assessed at CEFR level B2; Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Lagos.

I have my University of Lagos Certificate and am thinking it should solely be enough for both the english and qualifications evidences as suggested by the CAS. Is this rigth? If not kindly advice on other documents to include.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damilolaz(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
SAT1: @justwise and all:

Am submitting my application on 15th. kindly confirm that the appendix 8 form submission is compulsory.

English evidence; Assessed at CEFR level B2; Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Lagos.

I have my University of Lagos Certificate and am thinking it should solely be enough for both the english and qualifications evidences as suggested by the CAS. Is this rigth? If not kindly advice on other documents to include.

Exactly what was written in my own CAS and i just submitted my transcripts only as i dont have my original certificates yet.You are Good to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
Anyone here who just paid either accommodation or tuition in the past week [or of recent] through money transfer?
Please how much did you pay per pound? As in the exchange rate you used in your trnasfer
I want to make some payments through someone's Dom account [for a fee] and would like to have a fair working estimate before I do anything through him so e doesn't rip me off
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
danny4sure:

Coventry or Salford?
Yeah salford
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
Yeah! I transfered ma Tuition fee last week, I bougth ma pounds from black market at #252/£. The guy paid d money into my dommy after which I did a local naira transfer to his account too. I then did FX transfer of d 13,500£ to my Sch's Barclays Bank account in tranches of 6000, 4500 and 3000£. You can also do same but be ready to pay transaction charges through ur nose, the charges are crazy man (I used gtb and incured d following charges: 0.5% of the whole money as commission, 5% of the commission as VAT, 12£ per transaction as Offshore charges, #4000/transaction as for telex). The charges migth not be a big deal to u anyways but it was to me as the whole money was from my sweat.

By d way, why would you wanna use someone else's dommy? It takes only 24hrs to open one for ur self at gtb ma guy. Open one fast and tell d guy to pay d money into it for you. Its better that way, aside from prevent u from high BP, ur money would also be refunded directly into ur personal dommy if need be in the long run.

Hope this helps.
ochukoccna: Anyone here who just paid either accommodation or tuition in the past week [or of recent] through money transfer?
Please how much did you pay per pound? As in the exchange rate you used in your trnasfer
I want to make some payments through someone's Dom account [for a fee] and would like to have a fair working estimate before I do anything through him so e doesn't rip me off
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
damilolaz:
Thanks Dammy. How's prep?

Exactly what was written in my own CAS and i just submitted my transcripts only as i dont have my original certificates yet.You are Good to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hello peeps,

How easy it is for one to change a course within the same department say: from Electronics Engineering to Control Engineering) after getting to d UK, may be during the first month of classes? Would one loose anything for doing such? What are d procedures?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
NaijaIhail:

wow! Since you don't submit it, I am considering myself lucky to get someone like you.....please which school did you apply to?

Please and please.....kindly lemme know as this will greatly assist me. Please sir!!!

I think I should clarify that it also depends on the course you want to do. Most schools do require IELTS or TOEFL. What course do you want to do? That should be the most important thing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
SAT1: Hello peeps,

How easy it is for one to change a course within the same department say: from Electronics Engineering to Control Engineering) after getting to d UK, may be during the first month of classes? Would one loose anything for doing such? What are d procedures?

No.
Your CAS number given to you is linked to the specific course you have applied for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:

No.
Your CAS number given to you is linked to the specific course you have applied for.

So its impossible for one to switch course........am talking about after getting to the UK bro. Think CAS is just a confirmation of acceptance for study from one's sch to UKBA and its relevance ends after securing a visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:

Okay that's good then, well your checklist should include:
1. VAF9 Form printout (Attached with one passport photo)
2. Appendix 8 Form
3. International passport (Include old passport, if any)
4. School Certificate/Transcripts
5. WASSCE certificate
6. Letter of acceptance from school
7. CAS statement
8. Bank statements (You can also include oanda.com currency converter printout -that is if your funds are in Naira)
9. You can also include a short personal statement like I did.

I hope that helps. All the best!

no 9 is not necessary, in no 4 include only those documents listed in your cas.

the rest of the list is ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
sixteenbee: Hi Justwise,
I plan on using my dad's statement of account for my visa application for UG study in the uk. Reading through the post, I saw ur reply to a guy who asked how many months statements shd he print and u replied just 28days. My dad sent me his statement for 2-month despite explaining the 28-day rule to him and I plan to apply by Wednesday. Can I use the 2-month statement or he shd request for another that is just 28 days?thank you
you can use it but include your birth certificate..........will add more later busy now..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:

I think I should clarify that it also depends on the course you want to do. Most schools do require IELTS or TOEFL. What course do you want to do? That should be the most important thing.

Yes! I wish to go for either War Studies, Conflict Studies or Criminology. Although, I will be going to London for a short course soon and by the Grace of God, I will stay for 2months so I will visit some college and universities but before then, your info could help and stop the stress of touring the schools.

Prof. Justwise have helped with some useful and helpful info tho....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
SAT1: Hello peeps,

Well UK skuls policies differs but it very much possible to change course within the firSt 2 weeks of resumption. Its a simple process and u've got nothing to lose if that what you actually want.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hello house,
I want to find out whether tuberculosis test is a requirement of uk tier 4 (general) student visa in Nigeria.
Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
NaijaIhail:

Yes! I wish to go for either War Studies, Conflict Studies or Criminology. Although, I will be going to London for a short course soon and by the Grace of God, I will stay for 2months so I will visit some college and universities but before then, your info could help and stop the stress of touring the schools.

Prof. Justwise have helped with some useful and helpful info tho....

Okay, with those courses your search has been narrowed down considerably.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
emmy78: Hello house,
I want to find out whether tuberculosis test is a requirement of uk tier 4 (general) student visa in Nigeria.

No, not a requirement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
SAT1:

So its impossible for one to switch course........am talking about after getting to the UK bro. Think CAS is just a confirmation of acceptance for study from one's sch to UKBA and its relevance ends after securing a visa.

Okay I get your point.
From my understanding, you can change your course of study if you are staying with the same sponsor -that is your institution.
You do not need permission from the UK Border Agency if you still have enough time on your visa to complete the new course. Your institution will inform the UKBA of the change.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Qaslay(m): 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
emmy78: Hello house,

No. Check this link --->

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/appendixt/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tendulkar10023: 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hello guys I m very tensed I am from india I applied for tier 4general student visa to study a levels uk I am 16 so they did not take my interview.
I submitted my bank passbook for evidence of money it was dated from 1july to 5august I made application on 8th august and I got the letter from on 7th august stating that money has been there in the bank account since28days..i also did not attach the currency converison from oanda but it is more than 7200pound.is this any problem will it lead to refusal..please help...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Qaslay(m): 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
SAT1: @justwise and all:

Submission of Appendix 8 form is compulsory. It is clearly stated on UKBA website:
"Depending on the country where you live, you may need to make your application online or using application form VAF9. To find out which method you should use, see 'More information' below.

All applicants must also complete and submit the relevant version of Appendix 8 of the form."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/apply-outside-uk/

"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
tendulkar10023: Hello guys I m very tensed I am from india I applied for tier 4general student visa to study a levels uk I am 16 so they did not take my interview.
I submitted my bank passbook for evidence of money it was dated from 1july to 5august I made application on 8th august and I got the letter from on 7th august stating that money has been there in the bank account since28days..i also did not attach the currency converison from oanda but it is more than 7200pound.is this any problem will it lead to refusal..please help...

Relax. That should not be a problem at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tendulkar10023: 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:
Thanx a ton
Relax. That should not be a problem at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
SAT1:

I don't think so. Your CAS (and by extension, your visa) is linked to your course and university. If you wish to change your course or university, you will need a new Tier 4 visa!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
holyboy.com:
PLEASE AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, HAVE BEEN A FAN OF THIS FORUM AND I MUST SAY THANK YOU TO THE ADMINISTRATOR AND AUTHOR OF THIS FORUM. A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN TRACE THEIR SUCCESS STORIES TO THIS PAGE. AM CURRENTLY PROCESSING MY UK STUDY STUFF. I WILL BE MAKING APPLICATION NEXT WEEK. I WILL LIKE TO GET SOME POSSIBLE QUESTIONS THAT WILL BE ASKED DURING INTERVIEW SO I CAN PREPARE BEFORE THE INTERVIEW. WITH FAITH I KNOW I WILL BE BACK HERE TO GIVE THE GOOD NEWS AND ALSO SHARE SUCCESS POINTS TO ALL THOSE IN NEED OF HELP. I WILL BE GOING TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHWALES, WALES.. TRESFOREST CAMPUS. IF THERE IS ANYBODY GOING FOR SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENIVRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT.. OYA... MAKE WE ALIGN...GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

I am Also going for the masters in that same course but @ Sunderland. Any books or teXts @ hand now? Also what r ur plans after MSc?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
justwise:

no 9 is not necessary, in no 4 include only those documents listed in your cas.

the rest of the list is ok.

Thanks @Justwise.I appreciate.I guess acceptance letter here mean Offer letter.Is this necessary or not?I don't intend sumbmitting it because the date on it is not the same with my cas as I deferred my admission so resumption date has changed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 9:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
I intend to come back to Nigeria to work my brother.... Its best that way. For Materials.. I dont have any yet cos have not secured my Visa yet... am working towards that... But we can Hook up.. God willing will get to meet there and know better.. In UK......
give me your facebook name.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sixteenbee: 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
justwise:
you can use it but include your birth certificate..........will add more later busy now..
Thanks @Justwise!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
jubel:

Thanks @Justwise.I appreciate.I guess acceptance letter here mean Offer letter.Is this necessary or not?I don't intend sumbmitting it because the date on it is not the same with my cas as I deferred my admission so resumption date has changed.

In that case your CAS statement should be okay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
Qaslay:

No. Check this link --->

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/appendixt/

@Quaslay, Aristoqrat. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.