Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866200 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MasterBond: 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
masperano:

Thanks man this was exactly the address she was trying to say .
i hope this public holiday wont affect the delivery since i was given three days. i intend to courier it today

Hello, what number did they call you from just in case one get or miss a call from them. also what document did they ask for?
I think you should send irrespective of the holiday. if you wish, you can mail them to notify that you have sent the doc as requested.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:02am On Aug 08, 2013
SAT1: I have my CAS number already bros, what am putting accross is: if I can apply for visa as my sch is yet confirm my fee payment. What is left in my acc now is my maintenance money.
According to the Tier4 Guidance Policy, if u pay a certain amount towards your tuition fees and it's not reflected in your CAS, you must provide a valid document showing proof of payment (I guess the Telex printout should do). So, you can apply. Ensure your £7200 had been in d bank for the 28-day period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2013
Please Masters in the house, i need your response on this. Yesterday i had my Tier 4 Visa Interview, it was a Video interview. I am affraid of a particular question i didn't respond too well........ I was asked were i was asked were i will be staying in my school and i told them that i have not been told for now, that the Federal Government is sponsoring me and they contracted an agent working my admission process and that the agent has not told me anything about my accomodation for now........ Hope my response wouldn't affect my chances to be granted a Visa. I answered every other questions well and all my documents are intact. Pls reply me, i am so afraid, help calm my naives.... Thanks, Friends.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 8:19am On Aug 08, 2013
boma@felix:
Please Masters in the house, i need your response on this. Yesterday i had my Tier 4 Visa Interview, it was a Video interview. I am affraid of a particular question i didn't respond too well........ I was asked were i was asked were i will be staying in my school and i told them that i have not been told for now, that the Federal Government is sponsoring me and they contracted an agent working my admission process and that the agent has not told me anything about my accomodation for now........ Hope my response wouldn't affect my chances to be granted a Visa. I answered every other questions well and all my documents are intact. Pls reply me, i am so afraid, help calm my naives.... Thanks, Friends.

It may not affect your chances but you should have at least shown that you have researched the University you are going to ie the town/city etc and you could have simply said that you were still waiting for the university to get back to you on accommodation. For the sake of others going for interview, I think it is risky to mention that you have an agent doing things for you. If you answered the other questions satisfactorily, you may not have any problem. Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2013
@HOS13, please how long does it takes to know whether you are granted a Visa or Not Granted? Someone told me that if you will not be granted, they will let you know early so you can reaply.... But someone also told me that it will take like three weeks to get a responce whether granted or not granted....... Pls respond to this! And for my case above, i told them that the F.G contracted an Agency incharge of the admission process. Well, i also got your points on that but just pray they don't take me on that because someone that has gotten to the Visa interview stage will definately have an accomodation plans...... My View though, you know more than i do. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by owenklay: 8:57am On Aug 08, 2013
SAT1: I have my CAS number already bros, what am putting accross is: if I can apply for visa as my sch is yet confirm my fee payment. What is left in my acc now is my maintenance money.
. Your CAS will be updated with the amount paid. You will need the updated CAS to apply for your Visa as an evidence of payment made. From my experience with University of Leeds, the payment should be updated on/before Monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 10:56am On Aug 08, 2013
owenklay: . Your CAS will be updated with the amount paid. You will need the updated CAS to apply for your Visa as an evidence of payment made. From my experience with University of Leeds, the payment should be updated on/before Monday.

You r very correct bro.......I paid the money in tranches(due to xfer limit of CBN), the first tranches of £6000 pounds was confirmed jst within 24hrs as I got a mail to that effect from UoL the next day of d xfer(thumbs up to GTB and UoL). I did the last two tranches from 2 different dommy accounts yesterday and hoping it should get to d school by monday. Also did my online visa application ysternyt with an appointment date of 15th Aug. Jst pray my CAS would av bn updated b4 then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2013
marshal44: Please I need your help. I paid £3,000(pre -deposit fee) out of £9,950(whole school fee). one thing I don't seem to understand is do I have to keep just the £7200 pounds in my account or £7200 +£6950(£14,150) in my account for 28 days/working days. Hope to read from you guys soon. Thanks in anticipation.

14,150 for 28 days only not working days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:38am On Aug 09, 2013
marshal44: Please I need your help. I paid £3,000(pre -deposit fee) out of £9,950(whole school fee). one thing I don't seem to understand is do I have to keep just the £7200 pounds in my account or £7200 +£6950(£14,150) in my account for 28 days/working days. Hope to read from you guys soon. Thanks in anticipation.

That is the amount you need to keep in your account for 28days, including weekends
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 7:48am On Aug 09, 2013
boma@felix:
@HOS13, please how long does it takes to know whether you are granted a Visa or Not Granted? Someone told me that if you will not be granted, they will let you know early so you can reaply.... But someone also told me that it will take like three weeks to get a responce whether granted or not granted....... Pls respond to this! And for my case above, i told them that the F.G contracted an Agency incharge of the admission process. Well, i also got your points on that but just pray they don't take me on that because someone that has gotten to the Visa interview stage will definately have an accomodation plans...... My View though, you know more than i do. Thanks.

Hello, fear not! I know many people won't agree with me but I think the BHC assesses visa applications in a fair manner. If your documents are in order and you are genuinely going to study, you'll most likely get your visa! I am also sure that they'll not refuse you a visa based on just one question you did not "answer well"! Just like most interviews, there is no such thing as a correct answer!

It took about 17 working days to get a reply from them.

So, just relax and pray!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2013
HOS13:

Hello, fear not! I know many people won't agree with me but I think the BHC assesses visa applications in a fair manner. If your documents are in order and you are genuinely going to study, you'll most likely get your visa! I am also sure that they'll not refuse you a visa based on just one question you did not "answer well"! Just like most interviews, there is no such thing as a correct answer!

It took about 17 working days to get a reply from them.

So, just relax and pray!
Thanks so much HOS13, I appreciate. Now my heart is at rest.........
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
PLEASE AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, HAVE BEEN A FAN OF THIS FORUM AND I MUST SAY THANK YOU TO THE ADMINISTRATOR AND AUTHOR OF THIS FORUM. A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN TRACE THEIR SUCCESS STORIES TO THIS PAGE. AM CURRENTLY PROCESSING MY UK STUDY STUFF. I WILL BE MAKING APPLICATION NEXT WEEK. I WILL LIKE TO GET SOME POSSIBLE QUESTIONS THAT WILL BE ASKED DURING INTERVIEW SO I CAN PREPARE BEFORE THE INTERVIEW. WITH FAITH I KNOW I WILL BE BACK HERE TO GIVE THE GOOD NEWS AND ALSO SHARE SUCCESS POINTS TO ALL THOSE IN NEED OF HELP. I WILL BE GOING TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHWALES, WALES.. TRESFOREST CAMPUS. IF THERE IS ANYBODY GOING FOR SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENIVRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT.. OYA... MAKE WE ALIGN...GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hello guys.
I got my Visa today (friday, public holiday), apparently the Visa center opened to only those collecting their package. I was sent a text message on Wednesday morning (Day 18) to come for collection.

Thanks to all the people that have taken time to post here, most especially Justwise -you are providing a selfless service, many thanks for that.

My school starts in September, so looking forward to that!

I would be glad to offer advice and or answer questions regarding the application process. All the best guys!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
Aristoqrat: Hello guys.
I got my Visa today (friday, public holiday), apparently the Visa center opened to only those collecting their package. I was sent a text message on Wednesday morning (Day 18) to come for collection.

Thanks to all the people that have taken time to post here, most especially Justwise -you are providing a selfless service, many thanks for that.

My school starts in September, so looking forward to that!

I would be glad to offer advice and or answer questions regarding the application process. All the best guys!!

Congratulations, were you called for an interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
justwise:

Congratulations, were you called for an interview?

Thank you, appreciate that.
I did my interview same day I submitted!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
Goodafternoon.
Pls could anyone book an appointment for a Tier4 student visa between 12th-14th August?
Thanks for your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
jubel: Goodafternoon.
Pls could anyone book an appointment for a Tier4 student visa between 12th-14th August?
Thanks for your response.

You can only confirm that from the Uk-vac website, available dates for booking will be displayed when you want to schedule your appointment. From experience, booking dates tend to get filled up quickly, as this is a very busy period for Tier 4 student visa applicants. Try it, and if you don't get the date you want, pick the next best date available.
I hope that helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MicSmith: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pls i need advice. The day of birth on my waec result isn't correct. Its 9 instead of 19. The month and year is correct. Should i do something about it? There is a spelling mistake of my name on my birth certificate from population commission. Should i get another one ? I got it in 2011. Will it be a problem if i get one so close to when i want to apply ?

Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
holyboy.com:
PLEASE AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, HAVE BEEN A FAN OF THIS FORUM AND I MUST SAY THANK YOU TO THE ADMINISTRATOR AND AUTHOR OF THIS FORUM. A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN TRACE THEIR SUCCESS STORIES TO THIS PAGE. AM CURRENTLY PROCESSING MY UK STUDY STUFF. I WILL BE MAKING APPLICATION NEXT WEEK. I WILL LIKE TO GET SOME POSSIBLE QUESTIONS THAT WILL BE ASKED DURING INTERVIEW SO I CAN PREPARE BEFORE THE INTERVIEW. WITH FAITH I KNOW I WILL BE BACK HERE TO GIVE THE GOOD NEWS AND ALSO SHARE SUCCESS POINTS TO ALL THOSE IN NEED OF HELP. I WILL BE GOING TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHWALES, WALES.. TRESFOREST CAMPUS. IF THERE IS ANYBODY GOING FOR SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENIVRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT.. OYA... MAKE WE ALIGN...GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

When next week? Have you booked an appointment, and are you aware that appointments for 8&9th August has been rescheduled for 15th next week, so be sure to go there early enough whichever way to avoid long waits.

Now to your question, here are some questions i was asked at my own interview.
1. Your name
2. The programme you are applying for and the start date.
3. The course and uni you finished from.
4. Why did you chose your programme of study.
5. Why did you chose the particular school.
6. What's the relevance of your programme of choice to your previous course.
7. How will this programme benefit you.
8. What is the address of your school/which campus will you be studying.
9. Any families/relations in the UK.
10. If yes, give their names.
11. Did you understand all the questions you were asked.
Etc.

Conclusion: Know the name of your programme, the start date, what campus you will study, why you chose the course/school, how the course will benefit you, and you should be okay.
P.s: You might be asked more questions, like where you will be staying, your sponsor's info, your course structure, your plans after masters, etc (I wasn't asked all that).

Just be confident, you can talk for as long as you want but its better to make it short and precise.
All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
MicSmith: Pls i need advice. The day of birth on my waec result isn't correct. Its 9 instead of 19. The month and year is correct. Should i do something about it? There is a spelling mistake of my name on my birth certificate from population commission. Should i get another one ? I got it in 2011. Will it be a problem if i get one so close to when i want to apply ?

Thanks in advance

Incorrect DOB on your WAEC might pose a problem.
The month and year is correct. But what about the day? That's important too! But what steps have you taken to rectify this problem before now? You might need to get an affidavit, and maybe a letter from WAEC stating that the DOB error was a mistake from their end and that the correct date is so...and so.

For your birth certificate, just do a court affidavit.
All personal details on your passport should match your other documents.

All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
ozstone: Good day peep. Nice forum. Pls I ll like to know how u can tell from the message you were sent that your visa was successful.

You can't tell.
Until you go there to collect your package.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
MicSmith: Pls i need advice. The day of birth on my waec result isn't correct. Its 9 instead of 19. The month and year is correct. Should i do something about it? There is a spelling mistake of my name on my birth certificate from population commission. Should i get another one ? I got it in 2011. Will it be a problem if i get one so close to when i want to apply ?

Thanks in advance

I really don't think your WAEC certificate is important for your tier 4 visa application except if you're applying for an undergraduate course or it was specifically requested by your university in your CAS. As for the birth certificate, you don't have to include it in your application except if you are trying to show them the name of your parents. As far as your visa application is concerned, the document that proves your identity ie name, date of birth is your international passport. So, if those other two documents aren't required, just leave them out. Otherwise, I suggest you at least find a way to correct the name on your birth certificate eg a sworn affidavit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MicSmith: 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
@aristoqrat @hos13
I haven't taken any step to rectify it. Who should the letter from parent stating full sponsorship be addressed to ? The birth certificate is hand written. Is that normal ? It took me a day to get it in 2011 so I'm hoping it won't be a problem to get another one

@hos13
The result is in my cas and I'm using my father's account. Do i have to go to waec office in lagos ? Dats not nice oh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 11:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
MicSmith: @aristoqrat @hos13
I haven't taken any step to rectify it. Who should the letter from parent stating full sponsorship be addressed to ? The birth certificate is hand written. Is that normal ? It took me a day to get it in 2011 so I'm hoping it won't be a problem to get another one

@hos13
The result is in my cas and I'm using my father's account. Do i have to go to waec office in lagos ? Dats not nice oh

Well, I think you have to go to the state where the exam was done. Or you could go to the nearest High court to swear an affidavit. As for the birth certificate, you may have to get another one or at least take it back to have it corrected.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 8:26am On Aug 10, 2013
Thank you and God bless you. My legal Guardian is actually sponsoring me and he has paid half my fee already. He has been responsible for my trips to the UK before. His giving a a Sponsorship letter and his Bank statements. He sponsored my Brother too and his done with his Masters last year in UK. am adding a letter of identification from my parents and my birth certificate with their passport data pages and visa pages, my Sponsor's Bank documents and company documents statutory documents with his Data page. I will be returning to work with his company immediately after my MSc because its an Oil servicing firm. I am scared Yes. but am Confident and i trust in God. am just curious on the type of questions i will be asked about my sponsor..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:59am On Aug 10, 2013
holyboy.com:
Thank you and God bless you. My legal Guardian is actually sponsoring me and he has paid half my fee already. He has been responsible for my trips to the UK before. His giving a a Sponsorship letter and his Bank statements. He sponsored my Brother too and his done with his Masters last year in UK. am adding a letter of identification from my parents and my birth certificate with their passport data pages and visa pages, my Sponsor's Bank documents and company documents statutory documents with his Data page. I will be returning to work with his company immediately after my MSc because its an Oil servicing firm. I am scared Yes. but am Confident and i trust in God. am just curious on the type of questions i will be asked about my sponsor..

Do you have any legal document to proof that he is your legal guardian?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MicSmith: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2013
About the letter of sponsorship, who is it addressed to ??

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 10:14am On Aug 10, 2013
Hey guys, Please I'd would like to know if I need to renew my passport before I apply for a visa. It's expiring on the 9th of September next year, my course at Uni of Birmingham ought to finish someone in June.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2013
MicSmith: About the letter of sponsorship, who is it addressed to ??

Thanks

Sponsorship from who?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:17am On Aug 10, 2013
jennyfar: Hey guys, Please I'd would like to know if I need to renew my passport before I apply for a visa. It's expiring on the 9th of September next year, my course at Uni of Birmingham ought to finish someone in June.

There is no need.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.