Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864333 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 11:21am On Aug 10, 2013
justwise:

There is no need.

Thanks justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MicSmith: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2013
justwise:

Sponsorship from who?

The letter from parent stating full sponsorship for the program and cost of living
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2013
MicSmith:

The letter from parent stating full sponsorship for the program and cost of living

You don't need that, your birth certificate will do if you are using their bank account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
justwise:

You don't need that, your birth certificate will do if you are using their bank account.

On their webpage, i think you do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
spikes C:

On their webpage, i think you do

Its not necessary, birth certificate is, anybody can write letter of sponsorship and there is no way you can verify that but birth certificate can be verified. Letter of sponsorship become a powerful tool when are been sponsored by a mulch-national company
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
MicSmith:

Are you using your parents account or has the money been paid into your account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MicSmith: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
justwise:

Are you using your parents account or has the money been paid into your account?

I'm using my parents account. I don't have 28days. Its clearly stated on their website oh. But i just have no idea who the letter should be addressed to
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
MicSmith:

I'm using my parents account. I don't have 28days. Its clearly stated on their website oh. But i just have no idea who the letter should be addressed to

I don't understand that.

Address it to: Entry Clearance Officer, The British embassy Abuja or Lagos..depending on where you submitting your application, you don't address such letter to an individual only if you knew that person personally
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MicSmith: 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
justwise:

I don't understand that.

Address it to: Entry Clearance Officer, The British embassy Abuja or Lagos..depending on where you submitting your application, you don't address such letter to an individual only if you knew that person personally

I prefer to go through the abuja route cos i have someone i cld stay with der. Thanks. I found out about the 28days ish on wednesday and my school resumes on 23 sept so not enough time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
MicSmith:

I prefer to go through the abuja route cos i have someone i cld stay with der. Thanks. I found out about the 28days ish on wednesday and my school resumes on 23 sept so not enough time.

Are u saying that you don't have enough time to wait for the money in the account to clock 28 days? I hope you know that if the money in your account has not been there for 28 days, your application will be instantly refused!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
MicSmith:

Oh ok!, i get that now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
Justwise,I sent you an e-mail.Waiting for a reply.Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
talktolaranow: Justwise,I sent you an e-mail.Waiting for a reply.Thank you.

Replied your email long ago
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
my Legal Guardian.. i have legal documents from the court for that. and the letter of sponsorship is addressed to the british Embassy and to the skool... he already paid the fee.
the sponsor is my legal guardian.. have been responsible for my undergraduate and secondary skool training..

Sponsorship from who?[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
justwise:
Congratz man..........how long did u wait from ur application date?
Congratulations, were you called for an interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
Congratz man. ...........how long did u wait from your application date?
Aristoqrat: Hello guys.
I got my Visa today (friday, public holiday), apparently the Visa center opened to only those collecting their package. I was sent a text message on Wednesday morning (Day 18) to come for collection.

Thanks to all the people that have taken time to post here, most especially Justwise -you are providing a selfless service, many thanks for that.

My school starts in September, so looking forward to that!

I would be glad to offer advice and or answer questions regarding the application process. All the best guys!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
SAT1: Congratz man. ...........how long did u wait from your application date?
Thank you man!

It was 18 working days to be exact, from application date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
talktolaranow: I haven't seen the e-mail.Would you kindly forward it to Bless you.

In that case ask the question here to be fair to everybody as i always discourage people dropping their contact details here for offline discussion
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
Going by my earlier PM to you,I will not like to spill that kind of information openly for personal reasons.thanks all the same.I appreciate your time.

In that case ask the question here to be fair to everybody as i always discourage people dropping their contact details here for offline discussion [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pjonesm: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
please i need advice on which form to submit for uk student visa. i have aready fill the form on this site http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx. but please where will i get the hardcopy of the appendix 8 they were talking about at the beging of the form, pls advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pjonesm: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
please guys let me know if i still need to fill any self assesment form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Qaslay(m): 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
pjonesm: please i need advice on which form to submit for uk student visa. i have aready fill the form on this site http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx. but please where will i get the hardcopy of the appendix 8 they were talking about at the beging of the form, pls advice

Link to appendix 8 form--->
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf

Download the form and print.
All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 10:16am On Aug 11, 2013
@aristocrat,thnks for your response earlier.Sorry to bring this up again.Could u pls list the documents you submitted.Just wanna use it to crosscheck mine.Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 11:23am On Aug 11, 2013
jubel: @aristocrat,thnks for your response earlier.Sorry to bring this up again.Could u pls list the documents you submitted.Just wanna use it to crosscheck mine.Thanks

Hello, oh you are welcome.
Before I answer that, are your funds in your own account or a sponsor's account? Are you working at the moment? Documents you will submit varies, so let me know so i can give you a direct answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:

Hello, oh you are welcome.
Before I answer that, are your funds in your own account or a sponsor's account? Are you working at the moment? Documents you will submit varies, so let me know so i can give you a direct answer.

My funds is in my account.£7200+£1000 tuition balance.I was meant to apply on the 9th but it has been rescheduled to 15th of aug according to what I read on Vfs website.I printed my statement on the 7th of Aug.So am just waiting for 15th to come so I can apply.
I am not working at the moment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sixteenbee: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hi Justwise,
I plan on using my dad's statement of account for my visa application for UG study in the uk. Reading through the post, I saw ur reply to a guy who asked how many months statements shd he print and u replied just 28days. My dad sent me his statement for 2-month despite explaining the 28-day rule to him and I plan to apply by Wednesday. Can I use the 2-month statement or he shd request for another that is just 28 days?thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
jubel:

My funds is in my account.£7200+£1000 tuition balance.I was meant to apply on the 9th but it has been rescheduled to 15th of aug according to what I read on Vfs website.I printed my statement on the 7th of Aug.So am just waiting for 15th to come so I can apply.
I am not working at the moment.

Okay that's good then, well your checklist should include:
1. VAF9 Form printout (Attached with one passport photo)
2. Appendix 8 Form
3. International passport (Include old passport, if any)
4. School Certificate/Transcripts
5. WASSCE certificate
6. Letter of acceptance from school
7. CAS statement
8. Bank statements (You can also include oanda.com currency converter printout -that is if your funds are in Naira)
9. You can also include a short personal statement like I did.

I hope that helps. All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:

2. Appendix 8 Form
5. WASSCE certificate
7. CAS statement
8. Bank statements (You can also include oanda.com currency converter printout -that is if your funds are in Naira)

Many thanks.I appreciate.God bless you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:

2. Appendix 8 Form
5. WASSCE certificate
7. CAS statement

Abeg Bro! You didn't attach TOELF or any other english test or your school didn't request for it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
jubel:
Many thanks.I appreciate.God bless you.

You are welcome!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
NaijaIhail:

Abeg Bro! You didn't attach TOELF or any other english test or your school didn't request for it?

No I didn't attach any of those. Some schools require it, others don't.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.