Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (867010 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
abbakacici: Pls can someone help me answer this questions
Hello I need your advice. I paid my
tuition on wed and thurday the school said cas
take 3 to 4 days. Thus I can get my cas on 22 or
23. So can i book appointment then but my maint
money will reach 28 days by 26 or I should wait
still 26 to book the appointment.

Please read this carefully. If you're to resume on the 23rd Sept, and your money will be ready on the 26th Aug; Once you get your CAS, I advise you go over to the online application page & start your visa application. Once you get to the third or fourth page, click the "save application" button. They will send you a GWF number into your email (copy this number in a safe place) and they'll warn you that the "unsubmitted" application will be deleted in 7 days. Now, go to the VFS visa appointment booking site and book the earliest date with your GWF number and your CAS reference number. You must submit that application before the 7-day expiry or if your 28-day period will run beyond the 7-day expiry, just "login to complete existing application" after 5 days and add some more data and re-save to begin counting another 7 days. As soon as your 28 days is up, submit your application & print out.
The reason I'm giving you this option is so as to get an early date for appointment. However, U'll likely get a day less than 15-working days to 23rd Sept, so quickly mail your School and request for an extension. PLEASE!!! If you don't understand my advise, just ask me further questions or don't follow it at all; I don't want you doing something that will cost you eventually. I'm only trying to help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
[quote author=Don Oms][/quote]
Mr justwise, pls I await tyour response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
Anyone going to university of salford Manchester? Lets hook up pls grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by phasow(m): 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
Anyone heading for Cardiff Uni or Uni of Edinburgh? Very informative thread. Keep it up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
kem000:
Mr justwise, pls I await tyour response.

Pls Mr Justwise answer us cos am already thinkin of submitin mine 2morrow since I got d Onada printout with a convertion dat favours me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sixteenbee: 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pls, anyone going to the University of Westminster? I feel like I'm going to be the only Nigerian there. sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Autolord: 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hello House and Mr. Justwise after the 28days waiting period can I deduct money from the account after printing my bank statement to pay the visa application fee and maybe 50k extra for other stuffz?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
lopmaidx:

Pls Mr Justwise answer us cos am already thinkin of submitin mine 2morrow since I got d Onada printout with a convertion dat favours me.
pls don't use it, u can add more money and print out a new statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
kem000:
pls don't use it, u can add more money and print out a new statement.

Dat means countin anoda 28 days is their time?...... Am lookin @ d CO considering my Oanda printout thu it was printed on d 14th and am applyin on d 19th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:20am On Aug 19, 2013
kem000: hello guys, pls I have an issue that has been bothering me. My interview is on the 20th of august and I used the exchange rate of 250 for my application. 2 days ago the exchange rate increased to 251, althought my 28 days completed on the 16th of august but I paid in money as closing balance that is equivalent to 255 naira for a pound. my question is A) Should I still submit my application on Tuesday even if the rate does not drop? B) my total amount in the acc is 3,621,861.23 (14200 pounds is supposed to be in my account) but 3,557,066 has been thewre for 28 days and I added the about 65,000 naira recently. can I still apply or they expect the 65k too to be in the account for 28 days?

I don't think there is much you can do now, you can't start counting another 28days if you decided to add more money there, submitting it like that is risky but i will take the risk if i were you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:23am On Aug 19, 2013
Autolord: Hello House and Mr. Justwise after the 28days waiting period can I deduct money from the account after printing my bank statement to pay the visa application fee and maybe 50k extra for other stuffz?

Its not a good idea to remove money after submitting, it could backfire on you, borrow money elsewhere to pay the visa fees so as to have rest of mind while you wait for the outcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:30am On Aug 19, 2013
lopmaidx:

The N3,557,066 dat has spent d 28 dayz would be d 1 U use and as @ 2days exchange rate a £ is N252.64 meanin what U hav is £14,079. And U ar required 2 show £14,200. Thank God ur's is Tuesday mine is 2morrow (Mon) I equally calculated based on N250. Na prayer mode I dey cos if It doesn't come dwn to N250 I would hav 2 reshedule and time is nt our friend 2 start counting anoda 28 days after addin some more money.
@ justwise,
I printed my statement on 14th and luckly dat day it was N249.44 n I printed the Oanda page showing the required funds bt since my appointment is 19th "2morrow" there ar possibilies it might drop bt as Of 2day it's not favourable. Can I go with d 14th's Oanda copy or I hav 2 attach d 19th Oanda copy?
Go with the oanda copy of the day you printed-out the bank statement, its always better to have at least 20 pounds more so the exchange dropping will not affect the total amount while you count the 28days, whatever happens after submission then you will not be refused a visa because of that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 12:40am On Aug 19, 2013
Don Oms:

Please read this carefully. If you're to resume on the 23rd Sept, and your money will be ready on the 26th Aug; Once you get your CAS, I advise you go over to the online application page & start your visa application. Once you get to the third or fourth page, click the "save application" button. They will send you a GWF number into your email (copy this number in a safe place) and they'll warn you that the unsaved application will be deleted in 7 days. Now, go to the VFS visa appointment booking site and book the earliest date with your GWF number and your CAS reference number. You must submit that application before the 7-day expiry or if your 28-day period will run beyond the 7-day expiry, just "login to complete existing application" after 5 days and add some more data and re-save to begin counting another 7 days. As soon as your 28 days is up, submit your application & print out.
The reason I'm giving you this option is so as to get an early date for appointment. However, U'll likely get a day less than 15-working days to 23rd Sept, so quickly mail your School and request for an extension. PLEASE!!! If you don't understand my advise, just ask me further questions or don't follow it at all; I don't want you doing something that will cost you eventually. I'm only trying to help.

pls Justwise can you comment on this>>><<<
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:41am On Aug 19, 2013
xteeeee:

pls Justwise can you comment on this>>><<<

I will give you a reply before or after 9am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Aug 19, 2013
Don Oms:

Please read this carefully. If you're to resume on the 23rd Sept, and your money will be ready on the 26th Aug; Once you get your CAS, I advise you go over to the online application page & start your visa application. Once you get to the third or fourth page, click the "save application" button. They will send you a GWF number into your email (copy this number in a safe place) and they'll warn you that the "unsubmitted" application will be deleted in 7 days. Now, go to the VFS visa appointment booking site and book the earliest date with your GWF number and your CAS reference number. You must submit that application before the 7-day expiry or if your 28-day period will run beyond the 7-day expiry, just "login to complete existing application" after 5 days and add some more data and re-save to begin counting another 7 days. As soon as your 28 days is up, submit your application & print out.

Don Oms gave you good tips here considering the fact that you don't have time to spare, just follow it through, if you need help along the line then ask.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2013
My problem is a bit complicated i have already paid for my tuition, but i realised late that i needed ATAS CERTIFICATE for my msc ,though i have applied for it, CAS can' t b released until i get it, can i start online apppication now? School resumes on sept 23
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:09am On Aug 19, 2013
Zeetry: My problem is a bit complicated i have already paid for my tuition, but i realised late that i needed ATAS CERTIFICATE for my msc ,though i have applied for it, CAS can' t b released until i get it, can i start online apppication now? School resumes on sept 23

When do you think the ATAS CERTIFICATE will be available to you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 10:44am On Aug 19, 2013
From there website 15 working days i applied on d 2nd of august
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:08am On Aug 19, 2013
Zeetry: From there website 15 working days i applied on d 2nd of august

You should expect it this week then, while you wait for that you need to ask your school for 2 weeks extension.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2013
K
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2013
I called BHC today, they said they re not done with their reports. Wondering what that means. 26 working days already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 11:52am On Aug 19, 2013
Does d embassy need transcript again?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2013
holladapooo: I called BHC today, they said they re not done with their reports. Wondering what that means. 26 working days already.

I tought i was d only 1

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
Zeetry:

I tought i was d only 1

Re u also waiting for your visa? Am a bit confused, I thought u were just about applying. Judging from your previous posts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
Can't apply to embassy withiut cas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by draustin: 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hello house,
I have been following This tread for some time now and I really commend all have contributed positively.
I need the candid advice of the house on the ffg issues.
1. I will be starting a MSc in Public Health This September in Anglia Ruskin university (Chelmsford campus), I have made d visa application and I'm optimistic. I however want to take my family along and will apply for them as soon as I have my visa. I have more than d required amt for maintainance. How soon can I apply for them, should I do so before leaving or after getting to UK

2) What are my chances of getting a decent part time job. My 1st degree is in Medicine.
I am already working on getting a licence to practice my proffession in UK after my MSc. What are my chances.
Looking forward to good and practical response.

N.B I have paid 50% of the tuition and have the balance and maintanance for myself, wife and son.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
lopmaidx:

Dat means countin anoda 28 days is their time?...... Am lookin @ d CO considering my Oanda printout thu it was printed on d 14th and am applyin on d 19th.

lopmaidx, how far with ur application and interview. Have you applied? the rate is now 256. selling rate 248.am really disturbed. which one would BHC use?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
Don Oms:

Please read this carefully. If you're to resume on the 23rd Sept, and your money will be ready on the 26th Aug; Once you get your CAS, I advise you go over to the online application page & start your visa application. Once you get to the third or fourth page, click the "save application" button. They will send you a GWF number into your email (copy this number in a safe place)
and they'll warn you that the "unsubmitted" application will be deleted in 7 days. Now, go to the VFS visa appointment booking site and book the earliest
date with your GWF number and your CAS reference number. You must submit that application before the 7-day expiry or if your 28-day period will run beyond the 7-day expiry, just "login to complete existing application" after 5 days and add some more data and re-save to begin counting another 7 days. As soon as your 28 days is up, submit your application & print out.

Good advice, but what if there is a part on the form were there is a question about the amount of maintenance fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
princessmoi:

Good advice, but what if there is a part on the form were there is a question about the amount of maintenance fee?
There is no part of the form that requires you to drop information about maintenance fee [you only do that on the Appendix 8]. Besides, when you save an online form without submitting, UKBA or FCO does not have access to the details...in fact, the details isn't forwarded to them until you submit. The idea is only to get the GWF number for early appointment booking in case you're running out of time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
Zeetry: Does d embassy need transcript again?
If you were NOT accessed with your transcript by your Tier 4 Sponsor, and thus not stated on your CAS, then the embassy does not need your transcript. However, in a situation where you don't have an original certificate yet & were assessed by something like a Statement of Result, you may decide (but not compulsory) to put the transcript there IF you have it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
Don Oms:
There is no part of the form that requires you to drop information about maintenance fee [you only do that on the Appendix 8]. Besides, when you save an online form without submitting, UKBA or FCO does not have access to the details...in fact, the details isn't forwarded to them until you submit. The idea is only to get the GWF number for early appointment booking in case you're running out of time.

Oh okay... thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
kem000:

lopmaidx, how far with ur application and interview. Have you applied? the rate is now 256. selling rate 248.am really disturbed. which one would BHC use?

I did, My appointment was 1:00pm. It was OK just d normal tin dat was posted here. Like 4-5 stages and when I was leavin a Guy kald me n showed me His passport cos He couldn't check it Himself n he got it in 12 working dayz. Dat means na Gud luck 4 me O....... grin pls guys pray 4 me na waitin level I dey

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.