Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (867016 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:45am On Aug 22, 2013
pantex: Pls i need help, i have a problm. My 28 days wil b up by 4th septmber. I have already applied for visa online weeks back n printed d application and have booked for interview for 4th sep even before the 28 days reach
1. Is that allowed? Or must i apply after d 28 days i.e 4th sep?
2. What happens 2 d application i made online previously and the booking?
Pls help me. My sch starts sep 23rd. Thanx
Hmm Pantex! To be honest, they expect you to have ur 28-day thing complete before submitting applicaion. If you had raised this earlier, I would've given you a safer method where u don't submit the application & still book for 4th for interview. I wouldn't know the implication of what u've done but if I were you, I'd risk it & go for the interview as scheduled. Hopefully Justwise or another person might be able to tell you the implications.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pantex: 10:36am On Aug 22, 2013
Don Oms:
Hmm Pantex! To be honest, they expect you to have ur 28-day thing complete before submitting applicaion. If you had raised this earlier, I would've given you a safer method where u don't submit the application & still book for 4th for interview. I wouldn't know the implication of what u've done but if I were you, I'd risk it & go for the interview as scheduled. Hopefully Justwise or another person might be able to tell you the implications.

Thanx Don Oms for d advice. Appreciate it alot.
Pls, Justwise n d rest, can u guys add more light? Whether 2 use d previous application if at all is valid or start a new application? Thanx.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2013
pantex:
Thanx Don Oms for d advice. Appreciate it alot.
Pls, Justwise n d rest, can u guys add more light? Whether 2 use d previous application if at all is valid or start a new application? Thanx.
Notin wrong with applying b4 ur 28day is complete,d date of ur application is assumed to be the day u pay ur visa fee...on the other hand,u shd wait for d full 28days and then apply on 5th cos no bank will give u a statement up to the day u r printing,u can only get a statement up to the day before.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
got my visa on tuesday. justwise thanx man.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pantex: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
miz Gene:
Notin wrong with applying b4 ur 28day is complete,d date of ur application is assumed to be the day u pay ur visa fee...on the other hand,u shd wait for d full 28days and then apply on 5th cos no bank will give u a statement up to the day u r printing,u can only get a statement up to the day before.
wow am Happy. Thanks Miz Gene. So it means i have to re-schedule my appointment to 5th or 6th?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
masperano: got my visa on tuesday. justwise thanx man.
Oh! Congrats!....how many working days did it take ? And which skul are u going to , I'm still waitng for my own o...I. Applied on d 14th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
My appointment was today and it went well. Now the waiting begins. @justwise what would make UKBA not to give one visa? @Pantex you wouldn't have submitted your application, like what Don was saying, u would have just saved it and then submit after 28days but what I don't know if its the day u submit online that is d actual submission or the day you go for your appointment and submit all your documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
Saucy Dolph: My appointment was today and it went well. Now the waiting begins. @justwise what would make UKBA not to give one visa? @Pantex you wouldn't have submitted your application, like what Don was saying, u would have just saved it and then submit after 28days but what I don't know if its the day u submit online that is d actual submission or the day you go for your appointment and submit all your documents.

According to UKBA, the date of application is the day you pay your fee ie submit your documents at VFS. I really don't think they will reject his application because he submitted the online form earlier.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2013

congratulations! enjoy your studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
pantex:
wow am Happy. Thanks Miz Gene. So it means i have to re-schedule my appointment to 5th or 6th?
Yes,best to reschedule ...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joel911: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
@Justwise, please I want to ask the following questions;

1. I opened a fresh account with Heritage Bank with the intention of making a Tier Visa application. The funds are well in excess of the required funds needed for tuition and maintenance. The funds completes 28 days on 3rd September. Since I paid in the money, I have not done any transcation. Do I need to do a transaction before obtaining a bank statement?

2. Since I opened a fresh account with the sole intention of making a visa application, will it in any way affect the outcome of my application.

@Justwise kindly advise me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2013

That's like 4 working days....Wow that's fast. Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Don Oms:
I have simple problem. My deposit will reach 28 days on 26th august. My interview will be on 27th august in abuja. Am in kano so am planing to print out my bank statement on 26th august but the bank will give statement till 25th august thus that only 27 days. So should re schdule my appointment or not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
Don Oms:
I have simple problem. My deposit will reach 28 days on 26th august. My interview will be on 27th august in abuja. Am in kano so am planing to print out my bank statement on 26th august but the bank will give statement till 25th august thus that only 27 days. So should I re schdule my appointment or not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
joel911: @Justwise, please I want to ask the following questions;

1. I opened a fresh account with Heritage Bank with the intention of making a Tier Visa application. The funds are well in excess of the required funds needed for tuition and maintenance. The funds completes 28 days on 3rd September. Since I paid in the money, I have not done any transcation. Do I need to do a transaction before obtaining a bank statement?

2. Since I opened a fresh account with the sole intention of making a visa application, will it in any way affect the outcome of my application.

@Justwise kindly advise me.

if your bank statement does not show the opening and closing balance date then make little payment then print it out the same day you are submitting. that payment you made will act as the closing date of that account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2013

What was dat Holladappo was sayin abt 4 workin dayz!!!!!!! Bro how did U do it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
holladapooo:

That's like 4 working days....Wow that's fast. Congrats.

Nope o i applied on the 12th of july and got it on tuesday. although the BHC had to call me to dhl some documents which i did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
Saucy Dolph: My appointment was today and it went well. Now the waiting begins. @justwise what would make UKBA not to give one visa? @Pantex you wouldn't have submitted your application, like what Don was saying, u would have just saved it and then submit after 28days but what I don't know if its the day u submit online that is d actual submission or the day you go for your appointment and submit all your documents.
I had my appointment @ Ikeja today too & so the waiting starts. UKBA won't give visa if 1) one withholds a vital information to the application, 2) doesn't have sufficient funds or d funds weren't held for 28 days; and 3) any CAS issue like incomplete documentation (this causes delay rather than refusal).
Visa application date is the day one pays the visa fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
Don Oms:
I had my appointment @ Ikeja today too & so the waiting starts. UKBA won't give visa if 1) one withholds a vital information to the application, 2) doesn't have sufficient funds or d funds weren't held for 28 days; and 3) any CAS issue like incomplete documentation (this causes delay rather than refusal).
Visa application date is the day one pays the visa fees.
so interview date or the date you print out the bank statement. Is the date that UKBA will used
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
abbakacici: I have simple problem. My deposit will reach 28 days on 26th august. My interview will be on 27th august in abuja. Am in kano so am planing to print out my bank statement on 26th august but the bank will give statement till 25th august thus that only 27 days. So should I re schdule my appointment or not
My money was in GTBank and the day I printed it was included in the statement (note: it took me 15 mins to get the statement). But if truly your bank won't do that, confirm how fast & what it takes to get the statement & see if you'll be able to get it very early on the 27th in Abuja before heading to the visa centre. If this won't be possible, you may have to reschedule. 27-day bank statement is a big risk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
abbakacici: so interview date or the date you print out the bank statement. Is the date that UKBA will used
As stated on the UKBA site, the date of your VISA application is the day your VISA fees are paid. But practically, if you haven't submitted your application & pay visa fees, what will they process? So, although the application date is the visa payment date, it is expected that you have submitted the online application & have all documents ready.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
masperano:

Nope o i applied on the 12th of july and got it on tuesday. although the BHC had to call me to dhl some documents which i did.

Oh ok thought I saw on ur previous post that u applied on the 14th of this month. Sorry guess that was a mix up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 11:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
Please I need the merit and demerit between private and public college/university apart from the tuition fees going by the new policy. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
Don Oms:
My money was in GTBank and the day I printed it was included in the statement (note: it took me 15 mins to get the statement). But if truly your bank won't do that, confirm how fast & what it takes to get the statement & see if you'll be able to get it very early on the 27th in Abuja before heading to the visa centre. If this won't be possible, you may have to reschedule. 27-day bank statement is a big risk.
am using gtbank too. So I will just wait and see by monday when I print my bank statement if they includ monday I will go ahead my appointment as plan if not I will reschedule till wed or thurday. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 12:40am On Aug 23, 2013
I need help cos am dying of hypertention since I applied for my tier 4 uk visa on 19th August...
My questions goes thus
(1). My statement of result is laminated but my transcript isn't.
(2). My mom is my sponsor so she gave me a statement to the tune of 20,106 usd.. I attached a oanda covertion print out to my application. But I didn't add tax clearance cos she is a nurse.
(3) My english was assessed with a letter I got from my HOD in school this I also attached to my visa application
Pls am scared I don't know why..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:47am On Aug 23, 2013
abbakacici: am using gtbank too. So I will just wait and see by monday when I print my bank statement if they includ monday I will go ahead my appointment as plan if not I will reschedule till wed or thurday. Thank you
OK. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:52am On Aug 23, 2013
lamie505: I need help cos am dying of hypertention since I applied for my tier 4 uk visa on 19th August...
My questions goes thus
(2). My mom is my sponsor so she gave me a statement to the tune of 20,106 usd.. I attached a oanda covertion print out to my application. But I didn't add tax clearance cos she is a nurse.
(3) My english was assessed with a letter I got from my HOD in school this I also attached to my visa application

There is no need for tax clearance.

Did the school asked you to write any English test? What was written in your CAS regarding your English?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:54am On Aug 23, 2013
lamie505: I need help cos am dying of hypertention since I applied for my tier 4 uk visa on 19th August...
My questions goes thus
As far as I am concerned with all your 3 "fears," there is no cause for alarm. My statement of result was laminated too & my transcripts aren't (I applied yesterday). As long as your mum's account is a personal account and the money is sufficient, I don't think u need to worry. If your CAS states (3) above and you have submitted the letter, then you have followed the instructions.
On top of all that, you have submitted already and your worries can't make them give you or refuse you visa. Perhaps peace of mind, positivism and prayers can make them give you. All the Best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:59am On Aug 23, 2013
Oga Justwise: I submitted my application yesterday. Thanks a lot for your immense effort on this thread and your patience in tackling issues. More power to your elbow sir!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 1:08am On Aug 23, 2013
In my CAS what was written was that Liverpool Hope University as assessed the students english and it equivalent to Uk CER B2 or more... I wasn't told to write any test they assessed my english with my transcript and letter from the hod which I included in my visa application... I applied ikeja don't know how fast it is..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:42am On Aug 23, 2013
lamie505: In my CAS what was written was that Liverpool Hope University as assessed the students english and it equivalent to Uk CER B2 or more... I wasn't told to write any test they assessed my english with my transcript and letter from the hod which I included in my visa application... I applied ikeja don't know how fast it is..

Seriously, am getting tired with all these lamentations. If the school has assessed your English proficiency and declared in the CAS that it is up to par, what then are you afraid of?
And by the way, you already applied.

[size=18pt]Abeg, for those who are still definitely gonna ask this question again...which has been treated on every page for the past 20 or so pages...

It is the job of the school to access your English proficiency, if they tell UKBA that your're good to go, then, you're. It is the school that determines whether u're gonna take an English exam or not, not UKBA.[/size]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2013
lamie505: In my CAS what was written was that Liverpool Hope University as assessed the students english and it equivalent to Uk CER B2 or more... I wasn't told to write any test they assessed my english with my transcript and letter from the hod which I included in my visa application... I applied ikeja don't know how fast it is..
You don't have anything to worry about. If your CAS states that your school used their own method to assess you & you're found to have at least tthe minimum level B2, then you don't need to fear. Just await your Visa which definitely will get to you before your "expected date of travel" should you not have any problem during verification. Relax, watch & pray.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.