Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,965 members, 7,835,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866853 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
lopmaidx:

I did, My appointment was 1:00pm. It was OK just d normal tin dat was posted here. Like 4-5 stages and when I was leavin a Guy kald me n showed me His passport cos He couldn't check it Himself n he got it in 12 working dayz. Dat means na Gud luck 4 me O....... grin pls guys pray 4 me na waitin level I dey

It is well with your application lopmaidx, smiley Just keep the faith.

Do you mind sharing the questions you were asked?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
sixteenbee: Pls, anyone going to the University of Westminster? I feel like I'm going to be the only Nigerian there. sad

I am sure you will not be the only one, relax!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by draustin: 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
I"m still waiting for a response from justwise and the house O.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
draustin: Hello house,
I have been following This tread for some time now and I really commend all have contributed positively.
I need the candid advice of the house on the ffg issues.
1. I will be starting a MSc in Public Health This September in Anglia Ruskin university (Chelmsford campus), I have made d visa application and I'm optimistic. I however want to take my family along and will apply for them as soon as I have my visa. I have more than d required amt for maintainance. How soon can I apply for them, should I do so before leaving or after getting to UK

2) What are my chances of getting a decent part time job. My 1st degree is in Medicine.
I am already working on getting a licence to practice my proffession in UK after my MSc. What are my chances.
Looking forward to good and practical response.

N.B I have paid 50% of the tuition and have the balance and maintanance for myself, wife and son.

Why Didn't u apply for the visa for ur wife and son @ the same time as yourS? Anyways u can apply before or after u leave any one tht suits u best.ur chances of getting pArt time work as a care giver is high but u can't practise yet as a doc until ur license iS tru.all is in Gods hands getting a job after ur Msc is a 50 50 chance. Just face ur books first and come out tops @ ur class am Sure doors of oppurtunities will swing open
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
I have been following This tread for some time now and I really commend all have contributed positively.
1. I will be starting a MSc in Public Health This September in Anglia Ruskin university (Chelmsford campus), I have made d visa application and I'm optimistic. I however want to take my family along and will apply for them as soon as I have my visa. I have more than d required amt for maintainance. How soon can I apply for them, should I do so before leaving or after getting to UK

2) What are my chances of getting a decent part time job. My 1st degree is in Medicine.
I am already working on getting a licence to practice my proffession in UK after my MSc. What are my chances.

N.B I have paid 50% of the tuition and have the balance and maintanance for myself, wife and son.

One thing I can tell you is to ensure that you get your registration sorted before the end of your course! The chances are that you will be able to get a job as a doctor and switch over to Tier 2 while you are still in the UK. If you delay and wait until the end of your course, you may have to return to Nigeria to apply for jobs(which is more difficult).

I think you should check the latest UKBA guidance on bringing your family as a student. I understand that they recently changed the rules. However, the cost of living in the UK is VERY high. Unless you have a realistic means of earning a living (as a student) to provide for the family, it may be safer to concentrate on your studies and the licencing exams and then consider bringing your family after getting a medical job and switching to Tier 2...just my opinion anyway! smiley

Good luck bruv!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2013

You can apply anytime, its upto you as long as you have all the requirements for them.

Decent part-time job? What sort of job do you have in mind?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by draustin: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Only if its part of your course..e.g internship program, you can't get a job working part time in hospitals as a foreign student, but you can work in home-care, nursing homes etc..

Ok man thanks a bunch. I will update the house as things progresses.
For my family I want to apply as soon as I get my visa, they will join me later as soon as i get settled. Do u have an Idea of d processing time for tier 4 dependant visa .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2013
draustin: Decent part-time job? What sort of job do you have in mind?

I am looking for something in the health sector that will add credence to my CV later.

Only if its part of your course..e.g internship program, you can't get a job working part time in hospitals as a foreign student, but you can work in home-care, nursing homes etc..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by draustin: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2013
Be+2012:

Why Didn't u apply for the visa for ur wife and son @ the same time as yourS? Anyways u can apply before or after u leave any one tht suits u best.ur chances of getting pArt time work as a care giver is high but u can't practise yet as a doc until ur license iS tru.all is in Gods hands getting a job after ur Msc is a 50 50 chance. Just face ur books first and come out tops @ ur class am Sure doors of oppurtunities will swing open

Thanks man. Just want to play safe. I feel if I could secure mine first they stand a better chance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by draustin: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2013
Be+2012:

I just want to play safe. I feel if I could secure mine first they stand a better chance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Yeppie....1 step ahead. I applied online today and got my appointment on thursday(22nd)....wish me luck guys.......please must all printout be in colour?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
Saucy Dolph: Yeppie....1 step ahead. I applied online today and got my appointment on thursday(22nd)....wish me luck guys.......please must all printout be in colour?

Not necessarily.
All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by veyo56: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
I just applied for a uk student visa but forgot to remove the affidavit sworn by my father which I used for my previous application.in the affidavit he gives me permission to acess his account,but The money for this application is in my account in a different bank, I was wondering if it will affect my visa application in anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
veyo56: I just applied for a uk student visa but forgot to remove the affidavit sworn by my father which I used for my previous application.in the affidavit he gives me permission to acess his account,but The money for this application is in my account in a different bank, I was wondering if it will affect my visa application in anyway.

An avoidable error no doubt, but I don't think that should affect your chances -as long as the necessary documents were submitted. Nothing you can do now, but wait and be hopeful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kem000,
How did it go?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
it went well. Am relieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank God................
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
lopmaidx:

I did, My appointment was 1:00pm. It was OK just d normal tin dat was posted here. Like 4-5 stages and when I was leavin a Guy kald me n showed me His passport cos He couldn't check it Himself n he got it in 12 working dayz. Dat means na Gud luck 4 me O....... grin pls guys pray 4 me na waitin level I dey
how was your appointment hope is good
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
kem000: it went well. Am relieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank God................

cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
abbakacici: how was your appointment hope is good

Yep
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
smileyits my birthday today and the person that interviewed me wished me a happy birthday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
kem000: smileyits my birthday today and the person that interviewed me wished me a happy birthday
grin Wishin U many happy returns
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blesseddude: 9:48am On Aug 21, 2013
Hello all I have bn following the trend after i applied, I submitted on the 31st July at Lekki centre and no reply till today. I was asked to submit my WAEC and i included my statement of result ...let me know if the public holiday counts and how many working days .Thank you @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:28am On Aug 21, 2013
blesseddude: Hello all I have bn following the trend after i applied, I submitted on the 31st July at Lekki centre and no reply till today. I was asked to submit my WAEC and i included my statement of result ...let me know if the public holiday counts and how many working days .Thank you @justwise

Its minimum of 15 working days, public holidays does not count.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blesseddude: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
Please JUSTWISE and others....am not applying for my student visa yet but soon [by God grace], I will be in London for a short course [with student visitor visa].... So I will be glad to ask a question that has been bothering me before I finally move to London as a "student visa holder".

PLEASE, as a "STUDENT VISA HOLDER" not "student visitor visa" and as a Nigerian, am I free to come to Nigeria during "holiday" to work on a project and travel back after I complete it "or" I will not be allowed to travel until my student visa expires or until I finish my course?

Thank You as you help with this!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
Its been a year and 11 days since i left naija for the uk to study..Justwise was instrumental to my success and I'm surprised he has still kept up the good work all these while. I am almost done with my masters project and I have been doing excellently so far. Just a word of advice to those coming over for their masters.. Do not be carried away by the party's and clubbing, Be the best you can be in your chosen field and strive for nothing less than excellence..sooner or later someone would notice your hardwork and the rest is history. Your life would very well be on a pedestal. Good luck and God bless you all mates.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
Cavenchy: Its been a year and 11 days since i left naija for the uk to study..Justwise was instrumental to my success and I'm surprised he has still kept up the good work all these while. I am almost done with my masters project and I have been doing excellently so far. Just a word of advice to those coming over for their masters.. Do not be carried away by the party's and clubbing, Be the best you can be in your chosen field and strive for nothing less than excellence..sooner or later someone would notice your hardwork and the rest is history. Your life would very well be on a pedestal. Good luck and God bless you all mates.
Cavenchy in the building!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
honey86:
Cavenchy in the building!!!!!!!!!

lol honey nice to see you here too. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 12:25am On Aug 22, 2013
NaijaIhail: Please JUSTWISE and others....am not applying for my student visa yet but soon [by God grace], I will be in London for a short course [with student visitor visa].... So I will be glad to ask a question that has been bothering me before I finally move to London as a "student visa holder".

PLEASE, as a "STUDENT VISA HOLDER" not "student visitor visa" and as a Nigerian, am I free to come to Nigeria during "holiday" to work on a project and travel back after I complete it "or" I will not be allowed to travel until my student visa expires or until I finish my course?

Thank You as you help with this!!

With your student visa, you are free to travel to any part of the world that your passport/visas permit you to..you just have to take a permission letter from your department (or appropriate office in your school) so that they are aware you won't be available for attendance records within the period u would be out of the uk. Hope this helps. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pantex: 2:36am On Aug 22, 2013
Pls i need help, i have a problm. My 28 days wil b up by 4th septmber. I have already applied for visa online weeks back n printed d application and have booked for interview for 4th sep even before the 28 days reach
1. Is that allowed? Or must i apply after d 28 days i.e 4th sep?
2. What happens 2 d application i made online previously and the booking?
Pls help me. My sch starts sep 23rd. Thanx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 4:35am On Aug 22, 2013
Cavenchy:

With your student visa, you are free to travel to any part of the world that your passport/visas permit you to..you just have to take a permission letter from your department (or appropriate office in your school) so that they are aware you won't be available for attendance records within the period u would be out of the uk. Hope this helps. Cheers

Yes!! Thank you....it really help! Thanks a bunch

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.