Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,406 members, 7,850,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868025 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2013
Thanks everyone am relieved but we all know is not easy to get the fear off ones mind.. The white lady that interviewed me didn't ask more than 4 questions and she was smiling all through it think that's a good sign.. Pls share your interview experience I beg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:13am On Aug 23, 2013
lamie505: In my CAS what was written was that Liverpool Hope University as assessed the students english and it equivalent to Uk CER B2 or more... I wasn't told to write any test they assessed my english with my transcript and letter from the hod which I included in my visa application... I applied ikeja don't know how fast it is..

If you submitted what was stated in your CAS, then you have nothing to worry about. Applying in Ikeja is the same with other centers -processing will take at least 15 working days, more or less.
All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2013
honourableseyi: Please I need the merit and demerit between private and public college/university apart from the tuition fees going by the new policy. Thanks

Which region are you looking at and what course of study, and what new policy were you referring to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2013
Aristoqrat:

If you submitted what was stated in your CAS, then you have nothing to worry about. Applying in Ikeja is the same with other centers -processing will take at least 15 working days, more or less.
All the best!

Thanks my course starts 28 september but wanna go before then so I spend time with my brother and cousins
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2013
lamie505: Thanks everyone am relieved but we all know is not easy to get the fear off ones mind.. The white lady that interviewed me didn't ask more than 4 questions and she was smiling all through it think that's a good sign.. Pls share your interview experience I beg
Lol, you will be fine. As for the smiling na so dem be o. They are good with customer service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2013
lamie505:

Thanks my course starts 28 september but wanna go before then so I spend time with my brother and cousins

Nice! That will also give you enough time to shop and prepare for classes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
honey86:
Lol, you will be fine. As for the smiling na so dem be o. They are good with customer service.

I know they are good with customer service... The lady was just typing as I answered her questions.. Na that interview go drop some pple you know...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
Aristoqrat:

Nice! That will also give you enough time to shop and prepare for classes.

Abi na.. Make God favor Us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by edjee: 12:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
i have transcripts and statement of result but my original certificate is misspelt with one wrong letter 't' instead of 'g',certificate is required for registration. what i do? pls advice ,justwise and d house.tnx.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
edjee: i have transcripts and statement of result but my original certificate is misspelt with one wrong letter 't' instead of 'g',certificate is required for registration. what i do? pls advice ,justwise and d house.tnx.

Can't you get it re-issued from the awarding body?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hai I am Kiran from India .I submitted my application on August 6 and its still on processing.i been previously in uk as a student but my college licence lost.so I back to my country 3 months before my visa expired .so is there any problem for my new application .this time I applied in university of South Wales .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
[b][/b]
lamie505:

I know they are good with customer service... The lady was just typing as I answered her questions.. Na that interview go drop some pple you know...

These might help those dat a abt 2 attend d interview is a simple rule.

This is internal guidance for use by entry clearance staff on the handling of applications made outside the United Kingdom (UK) for students. It is a live document under constant review and is for information only.
Tier 4 - interviews and genuine student rule (GSR) "Caseworker guidance"
1.  Rule 245ZV(k) is not applicable where the applicant is exempt under Appendix H of the Immigration Rules (see Annex B).

2.  An application should not be refused under paragraph 245ZV(k) unless the applicant has had the chance to respond to questions at interview (a credibility or genuineness interview) unless one of the following circumstances apply:

(i) The applicant has previously been refused because an Entry Clearance Officer(ECO) has not been satisfied that he is a genuine student, and there have been no material changes in his circumstances or new evidence since that refusal. An ECO should exercise caution when considering whether there has been a material change in his circumstances and where there is any doubt should conduct an interview;

(ii)  Following a significant number of recent very similar or identical applications in that post, ECOs have satisfied themselves by interviewing a sample of these applicants that the applications are not genuine.

3. ECOs are reminded that where an applicant:

Cannot speak English to the expected standard without the aid of an interpreter,  - the application can be refused under paragraph 245ZV(ca); and/or

Has used false representations - the applicant is to be refused under paragraph 320 (7A).

4. In assessing whether the applicant is a genuine student, ECOs must consider the application in the round, taking into account the reasons the applicant has given about why they wish to come to complete a particular course at a UK college along with any of the following factors or other relevant matters.

These factors are not a checklist and must not be used as such. They are a guide to assessing whether an applicant satisfies paragraph 245ZV(k). These examples will not be appropriate to all cases and ECOs may consider other relevant matters that arise in the particular circumstances of each case.

a) The immigration history of the applicant, in the UK and other countries, for example:

Previous visa applications for the UK and other countries, including reasons for any visa refusals;
The amount of time the applicant has spent in the UK or other countries on previous visas, and for what purpose; and
Whether the applicant has complied with the terms of previous visas for the UK and other countries.
b) The applicant's education history, study and post study plans, for example:

How much time has elapsed since the applicant last studied, and whether the applicant has sound reasons for returning to, or commencing formal study in this area, particularly after any significant gap;
The applicant's knowledge of, and level of research undertaken into, the proposed course of study and sponsoring institution, and living arrangements in the UK;
The applicant's personal circumstances, where these would make it difficult to complete a full time course of study; and
The relevance of the course to post-study plans.
At the same time, they should also consider the education provider's decision to issue a CAS, and decide whether they consider, based on their expertise in assessing entry clearance applications and the evidence available to them, whether the applicant meets the requirement of paragraph 245ZV(k).

The ECO's opinion on whether the applicant has the academic ability to study the proposed course is not a relevant consideration and should not form part of any conclusion reached. The academic ability of the applicant is a judgement for the sponsor to make with the benefit of its educational expertise. Similarly the fact that the course does not represent academic progression is not a decisive factor in this consideration.

The relevance of the course to post-study plans, or vagueness about the nature of post-study plans, should not be used as a sole reason to refuse an applicant, rather it will be one of a range of factors to be considered in the round in assessing whether the student is genuine. In this context, whether the course will add to the applicant's employability or whether the course could be undertaken more cheaply in the applicant's home country should not be considered. For those considered to be genuine students, intention to leave the UK at the end of the course is not relevant as there are many bases on which an individually could lawfully remain in the UK.

c) The financial circumstances of the applicant, for example:

The economic circumstances of the applicant in their home country; and
Whether the applicant has a credible income source to meet course fees and maintenance for him / herself and any dependants for the full period of study.
The ECO should take account of the fact that the applicant has satisfied the maintenance requirements and that applicants will be prepared to make considerable investment in gaining a qualification from the UK.

d) The course provider and agents, for example:

If the applicant is applying to attend an institution that is under investigation or has been identified as an institution of concern in relation to immigration compliance; or where the application is being managed by an agent about which there are concerns, that may be an indication the applicant is not a genuine student.
5.  An ECO must be satisfied on the balance of probabilities that an applicant is not a genuine student when refusing an application on the basis of paragraph 245ZV(k).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
From the above post, do you think someone stand a chance to be granted a Visa if during his interview he told them that he does not know were he will be staying in the school with reasons that the Federal Government is the Sponsor and they contracted an Agency incharge of the Application processes on behalf of the applicant........... Someone pls respond because i am worried! Justwise, please respond.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
boma@felix:
From the above post, do you think someone stand a chance to be granted a Visa if during his interview he told them that he does not know were he will be staying in the school with reasons that the Federal Government is the Sponsor and they contracted an Agency incharge of the Application processes on behalf of the applicant........... Someone pls respond because i am worried! Justwise, please respond.....

You have nothing to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
boma@felix:
My Question is based on the ''D'' part of ''Lopmaidx's'' above Post........... Someone please respond.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
Kiran14: Hai I am Kiran from India .I submitted my application on August 6 and its still on processing.i been previously in uk as a student but my college licence lost.so I back to my country 3 months before my visa expired .so is there any problem for my new application .this time I applied in university of South Wales .

Indians and Nigerians suffer the same problem, application take a bit longer than other countries because of our previous immigration offenses, as long as you met the requirements then you need to relax and wait for the outcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by edjee: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
justwise:

Can't you get it re-issued from the awarding body?

the time frame is too short.any alternative?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
edjee:

the time frame is too short.any alternative?

Submit and make note of that in your application form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
honourableseyi: Please I need the merit and demerit between private and public college/university apart from the tuition fees going by the new policy. Thanks
Private college/university (demerits) - Most of them are not recognised apart from the likes of buckingham university. They are mostly affiliated to lowest ranked uni like cardiff met,london met e.t.c means leSser probability of getting a UK job.well i dnt think dere teaching and research quality meet up with the standard. Another demerit is no working hours for student going to such colleges i.e means u hv to fend frm monies sent frm overseas.
Merits
Cheaper fees as low as £4000 depending on the college. U'll get to hv same certificate as dose in the affiliated uni might hv paid say £10000.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
boma@felix:
My Question is based on the ''D'' part of ''Lopmaidx's'' above Post........... Someone please respond.
Did you read Justwise's comment about your issue? Follow it!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
boma@felix:

What is the name of your school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
justwise:

What is the name of your school?
Birmingham City University.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
boma@felix:
Birmingham City University.

Its not a dodgy university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
Don Oms:
Did you read Justwise's comment about your issue? Follow it!
Yea i saw it. I think i was typing to post at same time Justwise responded to my first post thus the second post i made. I am cleared now!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
justwise:

Its not a dodgy university
Many thanks. I appreciate! Atleast i am relieve now. Thanks, 'Justwise'.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
spikes C:

Seriously, am getting tired with all these lamentations. If the school has assessed your English proficiency and declared in the CAS that it is up to par, what then are you afraid of?
And by the way, you already applied.

[size=18pt]Abeg, for those who are still definitely gonna ask this question again...which has been treated on every page for the past 20 or so pages...

It is the job of the school to access your English proficiency, if they tell UKBA that your're good to go, then, you're. It is the school that determines whether u're gonna take an English exam or not, not UKBA.[/size]

Looool...I found this comment quite funny.
I think the problem is that many people don't try to do some research on their own. I doubt if most people read the guidance on the UKBA website at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Aristoqrat:

Which region are you looking at and what course of study, and what new policy were you referring to?

Thanks boss. Though I haven't have a clue concerning the region but my prospective course of study is computing/computer science/Information and Communication Technology. I learned(though I haven't read the policy guidelines) that it is those International students in public college/university that will have the opportunity to work part time while study. How true is this? Also, I want to use the criteria when searching for the school.Also what about the issue of licence suspension and revocation? How can someone avoid that kind of a school when searching? I have other questions but I will ask them when I finally got an answer to this. Thanks for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
mayo47:
Private college/university (demerits) - Most of them are not recognised apart from the likes of buckingham university. They are mostly affiliated to lowest ranked uni like cardiff met,london met e.t.c means leSser probability of getting a UK job.well i dnt think dere teaching and research quality meet up with the standard. Another demerit is no working hours for student going to such colleges i.e means u hv to fend frm monies sent frm overseas.
Merits
Cheaper fees as low as £4000 depending on the college. U'll get to hv same certificate as dose in the affiliated uni might hv paid say £10000.

Thanks sir, I think it's clearer now. No wonder I saw a private college with A rating that offer Admission to International at £4,000 per year,it's too good to be true.That was why I asked the question from the house before dabbling into it.Thanks once again.Also what about the issue of licence suspension and revocation? How can someone avoid that kind of a school when searching?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
honourableseyi:

Thanks boss. Though I haven't have a clue concerning the region but my prospective course of study is computing/computer science/Information and Communication Technology. I learned(though I haven't read the policy guidelines) that it is those International students in public college/university that will have the opportunity to work part time while study. How true is this? Also, I want to use the criteria when searching for the school.Also what about the issue of licence suspension and revocation? How can someone avoid that kind of a school when searching? I have other questions but I will ask them when I finally got an answer to this. Thanks for your response

The UK Border Agency has a list of approved organisations licensed to sponsor migrants under Tier 4. If in doubts about any school of your choice, check their link below that contains all the approved sponsors. If your school of choice is missing from the list, it simply means it is not a recognized Tier 4 sponsor.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation

I remember London Met's license getting suspended a while back by the UKBA, due to several breaches over it's handling of international students. So such a thing can occur, but is rare and not something that happens regularly. Make sure to research the school you would like to apply to very well, ask questions, talk to those that have been there in order to come to your own conclusions.

I hope that helps. All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 12:11am On Aug 24, 2013
Aristoqrat:

The UK Border Agency has a list of approved organisations licensed to sponsor migrants under Tier 4. If in doubts about any school of your choice, check their link below that contains all the approved sponsors. If your school of choice is missing from the list, it simply means it is not a recognized Tier 4 sponsor.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation

I remember London Met's license getting suspended a while back by the UKBA, due to several breaches over it's handling of international students. So such a thing can occur, but is rare and not something that happens regularly. Make sure to research the school you would like to apply to very well, ask questions, talk to those that have been there in order to come to your own conclusions.
I hope that helps. All the best!

Sure bro, thanks for your contribution sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 2:32am On Aug 24, 2013
Please I will like to add this question to my questions @oga justwise,aristoqrat,mayo and the whole house, Please I need your candid suggestion and opinion concerning this question because it will form the basis of my moving and what to take into consideration before I continue with the processing.
I have been reading about £7,200 maintenance fee for a year. Please if someone is going for an undergraduate program which is 3 years and has nobody to send money to him from Naija or anywhere . After he must have exhaust the first year maintenance fee, what happens with the remaining 2 years tuition and maintenance fee? I mean how can someone source for it? Can it be source for over there doing part time or menial job? How easy or difficult will it be? Out of England, scotland and Nothern ireland, which one is a preferable destination for this kind of situation? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 5:14am On Aug 24, 2013
I been in uk for 3 years.after you getting visa make sure your documents are correct .otherwise from the emigration they are going to screw us and lot of stupid questions.make sure we paid our tuition fee and not there for an asylum seeker.be bold and reply.once you are down there is no doubt they will take you another room and will ask lot of bla bla bla.i highly recommend you don't withdraw your money from bank until you reached in uk.happy days all of you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (503)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.