Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866408 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
$pärklês:
Hi Donxavier,and others, I'm having issues paying my tuition deposit as I don't have a dorm account. Is there any other way to make transfers without a dorm account?
. Is there any particular reason you don't want to open a dorm account? Or do you have any relations that operate dorm account. I think the best way is through the dorm account transfer plus the required bank charges. It's easy, fast and saves you time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sparkles1(f): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
Donxavier: . Is there any particular reason you don't want to open a dorm account? Or do you have any relations that operate dorm account. I think the best way is through the dorm account transfer plus the required bank charges. It's easy, fast and saves you time.
Thank you, I had to use a friend's dorm account to make the transfer.

@Honey, thanks for your contribution.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
$pärklês:

. Great. What school if I may ask?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 07, 2012
@just wise, please can I get your email so I can ask you some personal question on My visa application processing? I wan to apply for a student visa. And my CAS states only My University document that will be required, so what are the exact lists of thing I will submit to the embassy. Will be applying in the month of August and My school is resuming in Sept., so advise me on what and hoow to go about it. Thanks. I am waiting eagerly. My email address is makoidyllic@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ndyoo(m): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2012
please NL i want to know if i would still go for A-levels...i have a Bsc in parasitology,want to go for a nursing sci degree in the uk,am i qualified to apply and some1 said i must have the fees for my 1st yr till my grad yr plus my maintenance fees...and am i allowed to work...thank u
i think the fees from yr1-final is to heavy for me to have in my account all at once
pardon me,i'm considering a health mgt course as he told me the nursing fees is outrageous...dat he advice me to go for a BA in business and finance or business information,dat its a blooming sector now...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:29am On Jul 07, 2012
Ndyoo: please NL i want to know if i would still go for A-levels...i have a Bsc in parasitology with a 3.3 gp,want to go for a nursing sci degree in the uk,am i qualified to apply and some1 said i must have the fees for my 1st yr till my grad yr plus my maintenance fees...and am i allowed to work...thank u
i think the fees from yr1-final is to heavy for me to have in my account all at once
pardon me,i'm considering a health mgt course as he told me the nursing fees is outrageous...dat he advice me to go for a BA in business and finance or business information,dat its a blooming sector now...

Make that decision yourself, don't depend on what somebody said to invest more than 7Million naira of your money only to regret it later.

Why do you need to do A-level in the UK with after doing degree in Nigeria?

Yes you need to have the school fees for the first yr and the maintenance money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:31am On Jul 07, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: @just wise, please can I get your email so I can ask you some personal question on My visa application processing? I wan to apply for a student visa. And my CAS states only My University document that will be required, so what are the exact lists of thing I will submit to the embassy. Will be applying in the month of August and My school is resuming in Sept., so advise me on what and hoow to go about it. Thanks. I am waiting eagerly. My email address is makoidyllic@yahoo.com

You need to submit the documents listed in the CAS, bank statement containing your school fees and maintenance money, if you are using your daddy or your mum's bank account the add your birth certificate to your visa application package.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 07, 2012
Can I get your email add please?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:58am On Jul 07, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: Can I get your email add please?.

You can email me through Nairaland's email system which is in my profile.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
justwise:

You can email me through Nairaland's email system which is in my profile.
. Please I'd like to find out if there is any condition under which the 28 consecutive days holding of funds doesn't apply. I heard that due to the olympics it's possible to apply early for the visa as long as you have paid half of your tuition. The remaining balance has to be in the bank but one can apply for the visa, that it isn't necessary for it to clock 28 days. This doesn't even make sense to me but I want to ask how true is it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by softtouch2(m): 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2012
@ just wise: thanks for all your effort in this forum.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2012
Wish y'all the best in your applications
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2012
$pärklês:

I would have gone with the Form A option though if I were u, but since u've already made payment using a friend's dorm account. I suggest u keep close contact with the account owner incase the school decides to refund your money 4 any reason whatsoever(I'm hoping it never gets to that though),Reason: the sch can only refund fees paid to the account it was paid from. All the Best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
Cavenchy:

I would have gone with the Form A option though if I were u, but since u've already made payment using a friend's dorm account. I suggest u keep close contact with the account owner incase the school decides to refund your money 4 any reason whatsoever(I'm hoping it never gets to that though),Reason: the sch can only refund fees paid to the account it was paid from. All the Best.
Is the form A option cheaper? I had to pay about 60Pounds over my deposit of 3000 Pounds when I transferred from a Dom acct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2012
kunlewoye:
Is the form A option cheaper? I had to pay about 60Pounds over my deposit of 3000 Pounds when I transferred from a Dom acct.

With the form A, bank charges are subject to the amount you are transferring, different banks have different exchange rates and their respective charges on the transaction. Most banks charge a certain % on d amount to be transferred + anoda 5% vat on d charge + a flat fee btw 1k-3k.
I can't guarantee that its cheaper than a dom acc transaction, but at least u're sure the transfer was done from your own account. That way if the student doesn't wish to continue with earlier plans or d uni has any oda reason to refund the money, it's sent right back to your account and u avoid oda domestic issues many people have had to face when trying to get their money from someone else's account. Though this is rarely d case, as most nigerians r serious abt studying and get d visas most of d time, so refund issues rarely ever surface.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maninmood(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2012
Justwise, please help me out on these following postulates:

Firstly, I have started counting the 28-day period as from 5th of this month, and I realize I must print it out on 3rd of August. Is that correct bro? Is it still OK if I print it out on the 4th?

Secondly, I got bemused over some contributions on this thread- a guy said one must transact like one day before the account statement print-out. How verifiable is this? For instance, I am to print out my account statement on the 3rd of August, if I am correct, can I pay in some amount on 2nd of August as a closing date? Or it's not necessary? Also, do I request from the bank to print out a 3-month account statement?

Thirdly, I have collected my academic transcripts from my University since 2010, the transcripts was not referenced to anyone; but contains full details about my results. Is this OK ?

Finally, I just paid in my tuition fees on the 7th, and my CAS will be issued around 12th, I suppose. I hope that does not contradict the 28-day period.

Thanks a lot. Please take your time to answer my questions effectively, Sir smiley. Have a pleasant day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:09am On Jul 08, 2012
maninmood: Justwise, please help me out on these following postulates:

Firstly, I have started counting the 28-day period as from 5th of this month, and I realize I must print it out on 3rd of August. Is that correct bro? Is it still OK if I print it out on the 4th?

Secondly, I got bemused over some contributions on this thread- a guy said one must transact like one day before the account statement print-out. How verifiable is this? For instance, I am to print out my account statement on the 3rd of August, if I am correct, can I pay in some amount on 2nd of August as a closing date? Or it's not necessary? Also, do I request from the bank to print out a 3-month account statement?

Thirdly, I have collected my academic transcripts from my University since 2010, the transcripts was not referenced to anyone; but contains full details about my results. Is this OK ?

Finally, I just paid in my tuition fees on the 7th, and my CAS will be issued around 12th, I suppose. I hope that does not contradict the 28-day period.

Thanks a lot. Please take your time to answer my questions effectively, Sir smiley. Have a pleasant day.

If you read part1 of this thread you will get all the info, you will also read from people who got their visas last yr from guidelines they read here, in terms of 28days rule and paying small money that will act as closing date of account, nothing have changed, i really don't want to keep repeating it over and over again but. . . . .

You can print out the bank statement a day or two or even a week after the 28days.

You should make that small payment after the 28days and print the statement, the small payment will service as closing balance date, however, if your bank statement shows opening and closing balance date normally then you don't need to make the payment.

Your CAS got nothing to do with the 28days rule and your transcript does not need to be referenced to anybody.

Student visa rules are straight forward, if you follow the rules then your chances are pretty high.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:12am On Jul 08, 2012
Donxavier: . Please I'd like to find out if there is any condition under which the 28 consecutive days holding of funds doesn't apply. I heard that due to the olympics it's possible to apply early for the visa as long as you have paid half of your tuition. The remaining balance has to be in the bank but one can apply for the visa, that it isn't necessary for it to clock 28 days. This doesn't even make sense to me but I want to ask how true is it.

I never heard anything like that, stick to 28days rule if i were you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lanrewajew(m): 12:37am On Jul 08, 2012
Hi justwise, the required amount covering maintenance has bin sitting I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my account for two months now. My visa application got delayed by the late arrival of my toefl score report. I hope its ok to present the bank statement even though its way past 28 days. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maninmood(m): 3:36am On Jul 08, 2012
justwise:

If you read part1 of this thread you will get all the info, you will also read from people who got their visas last yr from guidelines they read here, in terms of 28days rule and paying small money that will act as closing date of account, nothing have changed, i really don't want to keep repeating it over and over again but. . . . .

You can print out the bank statement a day or two or even a week after the 28days.

You should make that small payment after the 28days and print the statement, the small payment will service as closing balance date, however, if your bank statement shows opening and closing balance date normally then you don't need to make the payment.

Your CAS got nothing to do with the 28days rule and your transcript does not need to be referenced to anybody.

Student visa rules are straight forward, if you follow the rules then your chances are pretty high.

Thanks for the well articulate write-up bro. Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by firo: 11:01am On Jul 08, 2012
Hi ,
I am living in saudi arabia and i am worried about the bank statement i submitted along with my tier 4 application can u please help me ?
My problem is that the balance on the bank statement is in SAR (saudi riyal) and i forgot to convert the balance to pound sterlin and therefore i didnt write the balance in pound on the bank statement i already submitted .
will this be a reason for refusing my visa ? and what are my chances to get the visa without wrinting down the balance in pound ?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
lanrewajew: Hi justwise, the required amount covering maintenance has bin sitting I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my account for two months now. My visa application got delayed by the late arrival of my toefl score report. I hope its ok τ̲̅ǿ present the bank statement even though its way past 28 days. Thanks
Yes you can use the account. 28 days is the minimum number of days. I applied for my visa in may with an account that had not seen a transaction for over 5months and i got my visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by firo: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hi ,
I am living in saudi arabia and i am worried about the bank statement i submitted along with my tier 4 application can u please help me ?
My problem is that the balance on the bank statement is in SAR (saudi riyal) and i forgot to convert the balance to pound sterlin and therefore i didnt write the balance in pound on the bank statement i already submitted .
will this be a reason for refusing my visa ? and what are my chances to get the visa without wrinting down the balance in pound ?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
firo: Hi ,

Thank you

If you have already submitted your application there's little or nothing u can do now but wait for d outcome. But I believe a well meaning less strict ECO would overlook that because they still apply the convertion rate on the day of your closing balance across the variations of balances within the 28 day period backwards from the closing balance date. I didn't write mine down on the statement tho, I just attached a printed copy of the oanda.com conversion showing how much my closing balance was worth in pounds and d details of the convertion rate for that day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2012
firo: Hi ,

Thank you
that should not be a problem, they can convert it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
lanrewajew: Hi justwise, the required amount covering maintenance has bin sitting I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my account for two months now. My visa application got delayed by the late arrival of my toefl score report. I hope its ok to present the bank statement even though its way past 28 days. Thanks

In addition to what Azed said, if(and I believe) your account has held this money for 2 months like u said and d balance didn't fall below the required limit throughout. Then u can go ahead and print the statement,
But if at a point in those 2 months your balance fell below the limit, check to see if u had held d money for 28 days before it fell below the limit and be sure the 28 days statement closes before (and doesn't include) d day it fell below d limit. Then ensure you apply before a month from the date of the closing balance on the statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by firo: 11:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
***Thank you for your reply its much appreciated but the reason why im worried is shown in the attachement attached to my reply please check it it is a figure that shows that if the conversion is not done by ME the app will get refused . PLEASE see the attached figure and tell me if this apply or not and sorry for taking of ur time . ***

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 9:30am On Jul 09, 2012
firo: ***Thank you for your reply its much appreciated but the reason why im worried is shown in the attachement attached to my reply please check it it is a figure that shows that if the conversion is not done by ME the app will get refused . PLEASE see the attached figure and tell me if this apply or not and sorry for taking of ur time . ***
@Firo, from the attached I gathered you did not only fail to write the conversion on your application, you also did not print the exchange rate for the date of your closing balance from Oanda.com.... You'll have to wait and see. Might I know how/where you got that flowchart though?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by firo: 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
@kunlewoye
I got the chart from some university in london website that mentioned the requirements for maintenance . but if im not mistaken this flowchart is not necessary since on the UKBA site they never mention that they need the conversion .. maybe they do it themselves i am not sure :S I dont remember which university i got it from tho .
If you check the immigration rules on the UKBA site( http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/ ) u will see that they never mention that we have to convert the balance to pounds nor they mention that we have to print out the conversion from oanda .
What do u think about all that ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
Please, i still need clarification on the biometric issue, i stay in port harcourt and i have not done any biometric for visa pplication before, can i do the biometrics and still apply for visa the same day before travelling to visa centre twice to do these differently is not economical for me
ii) i have a GTB dormicilliary account, can i still use this account in uk or need to open another account when i get there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bossman4: 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2012
shemy: Please, i still need clarification on the biometric issue, i stay in port harcourt and i have not done any biometric for visa pplication before, can i do the biometrics and still apply for visa the same day before travelling to visa centre twice to do these differently is not economical for me
ii) i have a GTB dormicilliary account, can i still use this account in uk or need to open another account when i get there?

I can only answer the second question. You cannot use the account in uk except you have internet banking and initiate transfer to your account in Uk. Yes, you need to open an account in Uk. If you will be in London, you can open a Gtbank uk account. This could be done even before you leave Nigeria. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2012
shemy: Please, i still need clarification on the biometric issue, i stay in port harcourt and i have not done any biometric for visa pplication before, can i do the biometrics and still apply for visa the same day before travelling to visa centre twice to do these differently is not economical for me
You can do the biometrics at the centre on the day of submission

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.