Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866430 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olupraise: 7:05am On Jul 12, 2012
justwise:

Its only fair that you ask your agent, him or her will know better.

My question 1 and 2 are still unanswered. Looking forward to your anticipated response.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chizbals: 7:29am On Jul 12, 2012
Goomorning'am new on this tread. And u guys r doing great.just applied for my visa and every thing is ok but am really worried on my maintenance fee which is supposed to b 7200 pounds cos its outer London buh I paib accomdation dat is 3280 pounds to remain 3920 pounds which I kept in my account for 28days.just want to if am ok.the 3280 is reflected in my cas tho.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:03am On Jul 12, 2012
chiz bals :
Goomorning'am new on this tread. And u guys r doing great.just applied for my visa and every thing is ok but am really worried on my maintenance fee which is supposed to b 7200 pounds cos its outer London buh I paib accomdation dat is 3280 pounds to remain 3920 pounds which I kept in my account for 28days.just want to if am ok.the 3280 is reflected in my cas tho.

Since you have submitted there is no point trying to tell you anything else because it may not help you. There is nothing you can do now no matter what you re told. Fingers crossed and good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:04am On Jul 12, 2012
Skii:

Yes o...i dey o somewhere in the cold and sunless north grin...no mind me o, i'm on other threads causing mischief...NL helps me detox when all the coursework gets "here"...

Really appreciative of the effort you put in for people regarding their UK admissions...I almost feel like we should have lunch or something...just a way of showing my gratitude

North of England or UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:10am On Jul 12, 2012
Dapto:
@Justwise,pls the latest news release from the UKBA site can be found here
www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/july/18-student-interviews?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ukborderagency+%28UK+Border+Agency+latest+news%29.
Pls do u think,this will come into effect immediately?

The interview for student visa applicants may start from 30th of this month, it could be by phone or in person. just saw an update on that now.

So basically you should be able to answer question in area such as your education history, study and post-study plans, and financial circumstances.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
I asked a question previously on this thread. Pls can someone just straight forwardly give me on this question below

(1) Can My State Government Sponsor me for My studies in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
Afternoon Justwise and all.
I am in a tricky situation concerning my maintenance fund. I had the full amount in my Personal Account for about 2 months(meeting the 28day requirement) but due to unforseen circumstances after about 60 days in my account, the funds dropped below the required level. But about a week later i was able to make up the funds back to the required level.
My question is, Can i still apply using that sam account or do i have to wait another 28 days.

@Justwise; if you haave a personal email, let me know so i can send you a copy of the bank statement.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
EmmaIK: Afternoon Justwise and all.
I am in a tricky situation concerning my maintenance fund. I had the full amount in my Personal Account for about 2 months(meeting the 28day requirement) but due to unforseen circumstances after about 60 days in my account, the funds dropped below the required level. But about a week later i was able to make up the funds back to the required level.
My question is, Can i still apply using that sam account or do i have to wait another 28 days.

@Justwise; if you haave a personal email, let me know so i can send you a copy of the bank statement.

Thank you.
. Well the rules regarding holding of funds state that you have to have the required amount for 28 consecutive days and then you can apply not later than a month after the 28 days. So if within the last 28 days the money has dropped below the required level, then u need to start counting again when u got the money back to the required level. If within the last 28 days or a month or 2 months all transactions in that account, the money didn't fall below the required amount, then you can use the bank statement straight up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
Donxavier: . Well the rules regarding holding of funds state that you have to have the required amount for 28 consecutive days and then you can apply not later than a month after the 28 days. So if within the last 28 days the money has dropped below the required level, then u need to start counting again when u got the money back to the required level. If within the last 28 days or a month or 2 months all transactions in that account, the money didn't fall below the required amount, then you can use the bank statement straight up.

Thanks for your reply.
I just Checked my Statement again. Here's the situation.
>The required funds was there from the 11th of May till the 23rd of June.
>After that it went below that from the 24th of June till 10th of July.
>But now, it is back up to the require level. I've paid my full tuition and 300 Pounds for hostel.

I am very confused and i even went to PFL and BCIE and the fools said i cant use it.

What do u think?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olupraise: 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
Olupraise:

My question 1 and 2 are still unanswered. Looking forward to your anticipated response.
Thank you.

Oga justwise wetin I do wet you no answer my question. Abeg o.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
EmmaIK:

Thanks for your reply.
>But now, it is back up to the require level. I've paid my full tuition and 300 Pounds for hostel.

I am very confused and i even went to PFL and BCIE and the fools said i cant use it.

What do u think?
I think you it depends on the amount it dropped to, but if it is below the required amount , then you have to start counting again. You should have at least £ 9000 for inside london.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
EmmaIK:

Thanks for your reply.

What do u think?

Thanks.
. I'm sorry my bro but you can't use it. You have to start counting again. This is because they will check the last 28 days. If it went down on the 24th of June like you said, if u were to print it out today, counting back would mean the money wasn't there for 28 consecutive days. So sorry.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ just wise .I asked a question previously on this thread. Pls can someone just straight forwardly give me on this question below

(
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: @ just wise .I asked a question previously on this thread. Pls can someone just straight forwardly give me on this question below

(

Your question was answered on page 17 by Justwise. I guess you are too BUSY to read through that link provided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: @ just wise .I asked a question previously on this thread. Pls can someone just straight forwardly give me on this question below

(
. Don't be lazy. You have already been answered. It's on page 17. Download the pdf and Read page 44. If you re still not clear then you can ask questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
EmmaIK: Afternoon Justwise and all.

Thank you.

Donxavier gave you the right answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
Olupraise:

Oga justwise wetin I do wet you no answer my question. Abeg o.
Thanks

Since an agent is doing it for you then you need to direct these questions to that person, i wouldn't want to do their job for them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 6:20am On Jul 13, 2012
Donxavier: . I'm sorry my bro but you can't use it. You have to start counting again. This is because they will check the last 28 days. If it went down on the 24th of June like you said, if u were to print it out today, counting back would mean the money wasn't there for 28 consecutive days. So sorry.

Thanks Bro. I guess it was my mistake. I'll start counting again since I hv 2 months to the start of my course. I just wanted to get all tins settled early to avoid the rush.
But if I leave the funds for 28 days then print the statement on the 29th hope the ECO won't be suspicious?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 13, 2012
EmmaIK:

Thanks Bro. I guess it was my mistake. I'll start counting again since I hv 2 months to the start of my course. I just wanted to get all tins settled early to avoid the rush.
But if I leave the funds for 28 days then print the statement on the 29th hope the ECO won't be suspicious?

Thanks.
. Nope. It's a point based system in place now and they are not concerned about your source of funds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:15am On Jul 13, 2012
EmmaIK:

Thanks for your reply.

What do u think?

Thanks.

@Justwise, taking a 2nd look at this situation don't u think he can print the statement and set the start and end dates as 11th May to 23rd June, so that the closing balance is stated on 23rd june and its presently not up to a month after then(so that he can apply before 23rd July)? Then he prints oanda conversion for 23rd june?
Can Ukba actually find out from the bank, details of his transactions after the closing date of balance on his statement?

Again, this is just an objective consideration post regarding this situation, and as such is not an 'Advice' to Emma but open for deliberation, in otherwords, Emma na suggestion oh, no do am till others don critically analyse. My best advice would be wait till it clocks 28 days again cos I don't think 9th/10th august will b too late to apply depending on ur course start date (most schools start in september)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2012
Cavenchy:

@Justwise, taking a 2nd look at this situation don't u think he can print the statement and set the start and end dates as 11th May to 23rd June, so that the closing balance is stated on 23rd june and its presently not up to a month after then(so that he can apply before 23rd July)? Then he prints oanda conversion for 23rd june?
Can Ukba actually find out from the bank, details of his transactions after the closing date of balance on his statement?

Again, this is just an objective consideration post regarding this situation, and as such is not an 'Advice' to Emma but open for deliberation, in otherwords, Emma na suggestion oh, no do am till others don critically analyse. My best advice would be wait till it clocks 28 days again cos I don't think 9th/10th august will b too late to apply depending on ur course start date (most schools start in september)

How will he be able to set those two dates? Especially setting the closing date on 23rd, That is the issue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2012
@Just wise, Thanks for the Ansa on ma previous post. Please does the home government represent My state government here? Pls just ansa me the possibilies of Using a govt as a sponsor to get a successful visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2012
Cavenchy:

I actually think this is correct.
@Justwise, from GTBank perspective, you can actually set those dates but na just my opinion o. Left to me, I would do just that since, even if the UKBA should contact the bank, I would still have the required balance as I made it back up to the required level. I doubt the bank would state my transactions afta a particular date(June 24 in this case), they'd only confirm my current balance to UKBA- no time! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2012
kunlewoye:

I actually think this is correct.
@Justwise, from GTBank perspective, you can actually set those dates but na just my opinion o. Left to me, I would do just that since, even if the UKBA should contact the bank, I would still have the required balance as I made it back up to the required level. I doubt the bank would state my transactions afta a particular date(June 24 in this case), they'd only confirm my current balance to UKBA- no time! grin
. It's risky. What if they demand the bank statement for the last two months from the bank when they contact them? The safest way is to start counting again. Any other way is fraught with high risk and those guys I heard are a stickler for the rules.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bossman4: 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2012
Donxavier: . It's risky. What if they demand the bank statement for the last two months from the bank when they contact them? The safest way is to start counting again. Any other way is fraught with high risk and those guys I heard are a stickler for the rules.

For record purpose, no bank will release someones statement to such organisation when the request is not backed up by a court order or regulatory body's request. The best the bank could do is to confirm the authenticity of the statement or the current account balance. So i think the earlier suggestion could very much work.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
boss-man:

For record purpose, no bank will release someones statement to such organisation when the request is not backed up by a court order or regulatory body's request. The best the bank could do is to confirm the authenticity of the statement or the current account balance. So i think the earlier suggestion could very much work.
. Well, Justwise what do you think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2012
boss-man:

Releasing what exactly? You have given the embassy every detail of yourself willingly and signed it. All the embassy is doing is to verify those details and if the bank refused to corporate then they refuse you a visa and there nothing you can do about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
Donxavier: . Well, Justwise what do you think?
if he can not fix those 2 dates then he should wait till the money matures again

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2012
justwise: if he can not fix those 2 dates then he should wait till the money matures again
Thanks man, exactly my thoughts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
justwise:

How will he be able to set those two dates? Especially setting the closing date on 23rd, That is the issue.

Some banks actually let you set the start and end dates(e.g UBA and I think GTB too). Regarding the situation with the introduction of interview to the Ukba visa application process, visa processing might take longer, but I still think waiting till the 28days is feasible since his school course starts in September and if he applies after d 28days (09/10th august),there should be enough time between the visa collection and getting to uk just in time to enroll for his studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2012
boss-man:

Absolutely right, the ukba has no access to statements not provided by the applicant, and the bank is bound to only confirm the authenticity of the statement submitted by applicant and/or a confirmation of the applicant's present balance being above ukba recommended limit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.