Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,716 members, 7,851,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868099 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bossman4: 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
Cavenchy:

Absolutely right, the ukba has no access to statements not provided by the applicant, and the bank is bound to only confirm the authenticity of the statement submitted by applicant and/or a confirmation of the applicant's present balance being above ukba recommended limit.

Thanks Cavenchy. With my little experience in banking an handling enquiries, I can say this is the truth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2012
Cavenchy:

Absolutely right, the ukba has no access to statements not provided by the applicant, and the bank is bound to only confirm the authenticity of the statement submitted by applicant and/or a confirmation of the applicant's present balance being above ukba recommended limit.

. . . and my question to you guys is this. . . which other detail again is hidden after you might have given them all [/b]your details? After they might have verified all you have given them. . what else is hidden?

The embassy is not calling the bank to ask for a fresh/new document, they are verifying what you have given them [b]already
, yes they have the right to do that, there is nothing like. . . the bank has no right to disclose your info to the embassy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bossman4: 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
justwise:

. . . and my question to you guys is this. . . which other detail again is hidden after you might have given them all [/b]your details? After they might have verified all you have given them. . what else is hidden?

The embassy is not calling the bank to ask for a fresh/new document, they are verifying what you have given them [b]already
, yes they have the right to do that, there is nothing like. . . the bank has no right to disclose your info to the embassy.

Just wise, what we are saying is from where d suggestion above stops. If I print my statement from may and stops at june 30, UKBa cannot request for my statement that covers July in order to verify if my balance did not go down in that month. They could only verify what I have given them for the genuineness or the balance in my account as it is stated in what I have in my closing balance. No need to argue tho, this is not banking thread cos I could have spelt the process flow and some of its implications.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2012
Just wise, I can see home government, does it mean that My state government can sponsor me ? I have been having issues openin or even downloading from that link you gave to me. Please understand me . Am eagerl waiting for Ur response pls....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
I am having issues downloading or opening that page through the link U gave me. Pls tell wat the page entails
Just wise, Thanks for the Ansa on ma previous post. Please does the home government represent My state government here? Pls just ansa me the possibilies of Using a govt as a sponsor to get a successful visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
justwise:

There is a portion on the visa application form (Part 1 section 1.4 VAF9 )that requires you to attest that the funds you have confirmed to be in your possesion will remain so avialable for the duration of any Tier 4 leave granted unless used to pay course fees and living costs in the uk.

If the applicant has provided the statement with a closing balance above the limit, and it has been held 28 days prior to the closing balance, the ukba should be satisfied with this data. But there might be other ways of tracking down the applicant to be sure he kept to the rule above. Perhaps that's the reason for the interview, or they might request another statement from the applicant if in doubt showing he/she still has the funds at POE. But as for them(ukba) asking the bank for a separate bank statement (for a period outside that which the applicant submitted) without the account owner's knowledge, I don't think that's possible.

That said, The earlier suggestion would have been his only hope if he was very close to course start date and waiting for another 28 days would mean leaving naija after the school's finished taking enrollment. But seeing he still has time, I would suggest Emma waits for 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
Cavenchy:

@Justwise, taking a 2nd look at this situation don't u think he can print the statement and set the start and end dates as 11th May to 23rd June, so that the closing balance is stated on 23rd june and its presently not up to a month after then(so that he can apply before 23rd July)? Then he prints oanda conversion for 23rd june?
Can Ukba actually find out from the bank, details of his transactions after the closing date of balance on his statement?

Again, this is just an objective consideration post regarding this situation, and as such is not an 'Advice' to Emma but open for deliberation, in otherwords, Emma na suggestion oh, no do am till others don critically analyse. My best advice would be wait till it clocks 28 days again cos I don't think 9th/10th august will b too late to apply depending on ur course start date (most schools start in september)

Thanks for your analysis. This was what was precisely on my mind coz a banker friend with another bank says the UKBA can't confirm transactions done on a personal account except the balance & mayb the 28 days tin. I use Access bank and I can specify from which date range I want printed. So I was able to print when the funds was up to the required level. It also shows my current balance which is way above the required level (even though it dropped for a week).
UKBA rules state that d end of the 28 days should not be more than a month before the visa application and currently my statement is not.

I no go take the risk anyway coz I no get 78k to waste. But I would like to know the position of the house.( It might help someone in a tighter time scale than I am).

Thanks anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
EmmaIK:

Thanks for your analysis. This was what was precisely on my mind coz a banker friend with another bank says the UKBA can't confirm transactions done on a personal account. I use Access bank and I can specify from which date range I want printed. So I was able to print when the funds was up to the required level. It also shows my current balance which is way above the required level.
UKBA rules state that d end of the 28 days should not be more than a month before the visa application and currently my statement is not.

I no go take the risk anyway coz I no get 78k to waste. But I would like to know the position of the house.( It might help someone in a tighter time scale than I am).

Thanks anyway.
. Well it's good anyway you aren't in a tight corner. So you can take the safest way out. I think maybe someone else in a very tight corner may actually test this thing so we can know if it really works or not. For now we can only debate and come to our own conclusions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
EmmaIK:

Thanks Bro. I guess it was my mistake. I'll start counting again since I hv 2 months to the start of my course. I just wanted to get all tins settled early to avoid the rush.
But if I leave the funds for 28 days then print the statement on the 29th hope the ECO won't be suspicious?

Thanks.

If you leave the funds for 28 days, then you should start counting from the date the money was back up in your account..and from my calculations- 29th of July is not 28 days from 10th july(according to your earlier post refering to when your required funds was restored)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 13, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: Just wise, I can see home government, does it mean that My state government can sponsor me ? I have been having issues openin or even downloading from that link you gave to me. Please understand me . Am eagerl waiting for Ur response pls....

Evidence of official financial sponsor or Government Sponsor

If your Tier 4 sponsor is giving you any any official financial sponsorship, it can include details of this on your confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS). You do not need to provide any documents as evidence of this official financial sponsorship. If you do not know whether your CAS contains this information, you must ask your Tier 4 sponsor.

In any other circumstances where you are being given official financial sponsorship, you must provide send us a letter of confirmation from your official financial sponsor. The letter must be on the organisation's official letter-headed paper or stationery, and must bear the organisation's official stamp. It must show:

your name ;
the official financial sponsor's name and contact details;
the date of the letter;
the length of the sponsorship; and
the amount of money that the official financial sponsor is giving to you, or a statement that it will cover all of your course fees and living costs.

Chairman, YES your State government can sponsor you if they are ready to meet the above requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 13, 2012
EmmaIK
Do another 28days, as long as your resumption date is still far.
But note application can take up to 3weeks with BDHC and interview session are likely to start from end of July. Thats my take

Okay
My Summary
Submitted:26June
Collected:13July, VFS application status changed on 12July
Documents:As required on UKBA website, school also sent a helpful link for filling the forms

Hints - please buy one of those clear files to put your documents in. D tin wey my eye when i submit during rain, i no fit wish anyone. Documents were wet passport sef fall through envelope and I had umbrella oh. Those security guards still insisted on seeing our forms whilst it was raining cats and alsatians.

Thanks for good advice - keep it Justwise. May God reward you for your consistency
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2012
Cavenchy:

If you leave the funds for 28 days, then you should start counting from the date the money was back up in your account..and from my calculations- 29th of July is not 28 days from 10th july(according to your earlier post refering to when your required funds was restored)

Thanks for you reply.
I actually meant the 29th day (after the 28 days)

Thanks again everybody.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 13, 2012
Just wise, if I say U too much that's an under statement. U are xtremely too much. Much love. I will keep U update wen I want to apply. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
EmmaIK:

Thanks for you reply.
I actually meant the 29th day (after the 28 days)

Thanks again everybody.

Ok then it's alright, I actually submitted a bank statement covering 3 months and applied the next day after printing the statement. All the best, don't forget to include the oanda conversion for the closing balance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
salsera: EmmaIK
But note application can take up to 3weeks with BDHC and interview session are likely to start from end of July. Thats my take

Okay
My Summary
Documents:As required on UKBA website, school also sent a helpful link for filling the forms

Hints - please buy one of those clear files to put your documents in. D tin wey my eye when i submit during rain, i no fit wish anyone. Documents were wet passport sef fall through envelope and I had umbrella oh. Those security guards still insisted on seeing our forms whilst it was raining cats and alsatians.

Thanks for good advice - keep it Justwise. May God reward you for your consistency
Congrats. Almost 3 weeks. that seems to be the standard time if nothing is wrong with your application. This interview thing self does anyone know what to expect? are they going to give one interview dates now? How do we prepare for the interview? Too bad I'm applying when the new rules take effect embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
Donxavier:

Evidence of official financial sponsor or Government Sponsor

If your Tier 4 sponsor is giving you any any official financial sponsorship, it can include details of this on your confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS). You do not need to provide any documents as evidence of this official financial sponsorship. If you do not know whether your CAS contains this information, you must ask your Tier 4 sponsor.

In any other circumstances where you are being given official financial sponsorship, you must provide send us a letter of confirmation from your official financial sponsor. The letter must be on the organisation's official letter-headed paper or stationery, and must bear the organisation's official stamp. It must show:

your name ;
the official financial sponsor's name and contact details;
the date of the letter;
the length of the sponsorship; and
the amount of money that the official financial sponsor is giving to you, or a statement that it will cover all of your course fees and living costs.

Chairman, YES your State government can sponsor you if they are ready to meet the above requirements.

Makomen Omonkhomion what Donxavier got for you here is the content of that link, i couldn't get it since as i'm browsing with my phone. The term 'Government' here was not specified whether its Federal, state or local Govt as we have it in Nigeria. I know that some state Govts in Nigeria have sponsored some students to the UK before, if you can get the above requirements then you will be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2012
^^
@Salsera; u got it today right..congrats.
@Donxavier; I believe they just want to know how genuine you are about studying and if you truly have the money. From what I read, their main focus is your english abilities, so I guess a clear mind and honesty would suffice. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2012
salsera: EmmaIK

Okay
My Summary

A big congratulations, i'm happy for you, enjoy your time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2012
Donxavier:
Congrats. Almost 3 weeks. that seems to be the standard time if nothing is wrong with your application. This interview thing self does anyone know what to expect? are they going to give one interview dates now? How do we prepare for the interview? Too bad I'm applying when the new rules take effect embarassed

The whole idea of the interview is to test your level of English Language, questions about your course, plans after your graduation, finance etc. . . i don't think you should any problem answering questions in those areas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 8:46am On Jul 14, 2012
I applied for my visa yesterday and i cnt belive i reach application center by 10.33am and finished by 12am less than two hours. So i will advice any body that wants to apply book appointment with vfs website it makes it easy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chuks84(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
Just wise, thanks for all the work you are doing on this forum. I intend to use an uncle's company as my official financial sponsor. However, during my application to the school I stated that I would be paying for the fees my self, this might be reflected in the CAS letter. Hope this won't cause any problems for me. Do I also need to present a bank statement showing the amount in my uncles company account? Also, does my uncle's company fit into the criteria of official financial sponsors. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2012
Chuks84: Just wise, thanks for all the work you are doing on this forum. I intend to use an uncle's company as my official financial sponsor. However, during my application to the school I stated that I would be paying for the fees my self, this might be reflected in the CAS letter. Hope this won't cause any problems for me. Do I also need to present a bank statement showing the amount in my uncles company account? Also, does my uncle's company fit into the criteria of official financial sponsors. Thanks.

You can't use your uncle's company as an official sponsor neither can you use his company's bank account for anything related to student visa application.

If your uncles' company is a multinational one then you may stand a chance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2012
It seems most people are heading for Canada this year. It is wellll.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chuks84(m): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2012
justwise:

You can't use your uncle's company as an official sponsor neither can you use his company's bank account for anything related to student visa application.

If your uncles' company is a multinational one then you may stand a chance.
Thanks for your response. My heart is beating erratically now. I misinterpreted the part about official financial sponsor. Is it possible for this same uncle to serve as a guardian. If so, what other documents do I need to provide? I have already paid my advance instalment fees. Please advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2012
Chuks84: Thanks for your response. My heart is beating erratically now. I misinterpreted the part about official financial sponsor. Is it possible for this same uncle to serve as a guardian. If so, what other documents do I need to provide? I have already paid my advance instalment fees. Please advice.

I don't know how your uncle will serve as your legal guardian as an adult, if you are under 16yrs of age then that i will make sense.

If your uncle is willing to sponsor you then let him transfer the money into your account, that is the only way you can go around it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chuks84(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2012
justwise:

I don't know how your uncle will serve as your legal guardian as an adult, if you are under 16yrs of age then that i will make sense.

If your uncle is willing to sponsor you then let him transfer the money into your account, that is the only way you can go around it.
justwise sorry to trouble you, but what exactly constitutes an 'international organisation'?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2012
honey86: It seems most people are heading for Canada this year. It is wellll.

That seems to be the case...and the uk unis don't appear too happy about it either.
http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sCV8RzrR7KrH9CuuCukyCgg/view.m?id=15&gid=education/2012/may/17/new-rules-overseas-students-universities&cat=education
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2012
Chuks84: justwise sorry to trouble you, but what exactly constitutes an 'international organisation'?

The clue is in the name.. . . . .company/organisation with branches in other countries.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chuks84(m): 11:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
Thanks. My uncle's company is actaully based in brazil and has a branch in Nigeria here. He says he has provided cover letters for 3 people for their masters. I only hope it will suffice. Its too late for me to start transferring money to my acct. It will mean me applying by the 20th of august. I only hope the cover letter will suffice. Thanks again Just wise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2012
Chuks84: Thanks. My uncle's company is actaully based in brazil and has a branch in Nigeria here. He says [b]he has provided cover letters for 3 people for their masters. [/b]I only hope it will suffice. Its too late for me to start transferring money to my acct. It will mean me applying by the 20th of august. I only hope the cover letter will suffice. Thanks again Just wise.

Hmmmmmm. . . this is the last thing i will say about this as i don't want to discourage you.

Cover letter is not the same as financial sponsorship, that doesn't come into picture here.

The UK student rule stated that your uncle can not sponsor you and if you want to know if his company qualifies to be called an international organisation or company then Google that company's name, the result will tell you more.

Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dexter101: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2012
Hi Everyone,

my name is olukemi and i am about to apply for a tier4 visa. i have paid all tuition and i have right amount for maintenance bt the issue is all my document has adigun foluso olukemi which i started using since my waec but my birth certificate has adigun omotayo olukemi. my question is what should i do?note that my last name is d same with my parents and i have their consent letter already. what should i do about the name? thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2012
thanks Justwise and the rest.i read this thread everyday.I'm waiting for my CAS.i have however misplaced my original waec result.i used the photocopy for my application and i was given the conditional offer.now my confusion is this-should i inform my school Not to include the waec certificate in the CAS(if Its possible),or hope they don't,or get waec to send confirmation to the embassy,or notorize the photocopy.Pls Justwise and the rest.advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.