Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,836 members, 7,866,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (869350 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hey guys pls i need your help with the following questions.1)Do i need to pay the full school fees before applying for the visa and by when do i need to make the payment.2)How much must be in the account for 28days for me to eligible for visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
MissCee: I just tracked my application. Its on transit back to vfs. Those of you still waiting could do same. Cheers.
I'm happy for you, you'll have a testimony. Still expecting mine. I applied on 14th at Ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Oms:
I'm actually not angry my bro! Just giving a piece of my mind. A guy once "argued" with Justwise's advice a few weeks ago and the outcome of his "stubborness" was his visa refusal (I'm sorry I'm mentioning this but we have to be frank sometimes). The guy eventually came back here asking for more advise on how to start all over. My point is this: Once you're given advice here, reason with it and do more research if necessary BUT never argue/contradict the advice thus confusing yourself.
Yeah, I get you and that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I just wanted justwise's verdict too, that's all about it . So you reckon I can print the statement on the same 19th (provided it reflects as the date of closing balance/last transaction) and proceed to the UKVAC to keep my appointment on same day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
excuse me please.. I did not argue with justwise. point of correction. I was sponsored by the company I work with. Its a leading servicing firm in Nigeria. The issue is this. I did not have access to the funds because the chairman of the company will not pay the money into my account. I had lack words to express how I felt during this period. My brother works with this company too and lots of people have been sponsored by this company on training.. UK law changes..... I tried to convince the department head in charge but he would not listen to me. NOw am claiming the opportunity by using my mom's account.... Have been able to Pay the full tuition fee and now have a bank statement of 2.5million.
I really appreciate this room. I want to commend you guys for your supports. you advice and helpful tips are truly important.
I still owe you guys my appreciation for all your good works....

cant argue with Justwise cos his the boss here but God gave him the wisdom.. and I believe his using it well....

Don Oms:
I'm actually not angry my bro! Just giving a piece of my mind. A guy once "argued" with Justwise's advice a few weeks ago and the outcome of his "stubborness" was his visa refusal (I'm sorry I'm mentioning this but we have to be frank sometimes). The guy eventually came back here asking for more advise on how to start all over. My point is this: Once you're given advice here, reason with it and do more research if necessary BUT never argue/contradict the advice thus confusing yourself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
I made my application before in Ikeja and I got my update in 11 working days....... does location really matter when applying for visa.... still want to know because I am planning on following Justwise advice. waiting for my Cas so I can book my flight to Abuja.... My work no space....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys pls i need your help with the following questions.1)Do i need to pay the full school fees before applying for the visa and by when do i need to make the payment.2)How much must be in the account for 28days for me to eligible for visa application
1.To the best of my knowledge, if you can pay ALL it's fine but you might just be required to pay the compulsory deposit, which is determined by your institution,before your CAS can be issued.
2 If you pay all, you'll need to keep 7200GBP(provided your study site is outside the inner boroughs of London, if within; 9000GBP) in your account. If you have outstanding tuition fee to pay, add it to the maintenance fee and keep for the 28day period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wolske: 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Definitely you can do that, there is no prob with that.

Thanks so much Justwise and all the others who have been very helpful on this thread. God bless you all. Justwise, please one more question, please which of the airlines offers the cheapest (and still comfortable) flight directly to London Heathrow? Plus, do you advise people to use travel agents to book flights? I ask because, it is at times difficult to know genuine websites of these airlines if one decides to book without an agent./ There is so much internet fraud these days. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
JideVince:
Yeah, I get you and that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I just wanted justwise's verdict too, that's all about it . So you reckon I can print the statement on the same 19th (provided it reflects as the date of closing balance/last transaction) and proceed to the UKVAC to keep my appointment on same day?
Okay. It's alright. Did you get my mail yet? Yes, you can print on the 19th Sept & go for your appointment if it's convenient. On the Tier-4 Visa Policy guidance, it is stated that you can print on the 28th day so you're safe. Have you booked your appointment yet? If yes, when is your date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
holyboy.com:
I made my application before in Ikeja and I got my update in 11 working days....... does location really matter when applying for visa.... still want to know because I am planning on following Justwise advice. waiting for my Cas so I can book my flight to Abuja.... My work no space....
Actually, there isn't any difference in the location of your appointment and neither VFS nor UKBA specified any difference. But on the contrary, there are some observations:
1) The Abuja Applicants during this peak period report a higher percentage of early replies to their application (as far as NL is concerned).
2) Though not confirmed, "gossip" has it that all the applications are eventually sent from Lekki & Ikeja to Abuja for processing (NOTE: This is NOT confirmed true).
Now, based on these two premises at it were, and the timing of your application, I advise you to go to Abuja if you can afford it. If you can't afford it 'cos I know it will cost you more, then do it @ Ikeja and hope for the best. I also remember someone (I'm not sure it's you) saying that he couldn't book Lagos as the online form was rejecting him from completing the booking; so maybe Abuja is actually one's best bet this rush hour period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Oms:
Okay. It's alright. Did you get my mail yet? Yes, you can print on the 19th Sept & go for your appointment if it's convenient. On the Tier-4 Visa Policy guidance, it is stated that you can print on the 28th day so you're safe. Have you booked your appointment yet? If yes, when is your date?
19th! Thank you so much, I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
JideVince:
19th! Thank you so much, I appreciate.
Okay. I think all you need do is get to the nearest branch of the bank you use to the VFS centre you picked and print your statement; then proceed to the VFS centre. About that deposit you had mentioned, note that transactions made on the 19th Sept won't reflect on your statement if you print on 19th so if you want a transaction to reflect, make it on the 18th. While filling the form for your statement request, indicate the duration to end on 19th Sept (GTBank will put the 19th there for you). All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Oms:
Yeah, I've replied the PM, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
MissCee: I just tracked my application. Its on transit back to vfs. Those of you still waiting could do same. Cheers.
I just tracked mine too...same response. Guess it'll be ready for collection at VFS soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Oms:
Actually, there isn't any difference in the location of your appointment and neither VFS nor UKBA specified any difference. But on the contrary, there are some observations:
1) The Abuja Applicants during this peak period report a higher percentage of early replies to their application (as far as NL is concerned).
2) Though not confirmed, "gossip" has it that all the applications are eventually sent from Lekki & Ikeja to Abuja for processing (NOTE: This is NOT confirmed true).
Now, based on these two premises at it were, and the timing of your application, I advise you to go to Abuja if you can afford it. If you can't afford it 'cos I know it will cost you more, then do it @ Ikeja and hope for the best. I also remember someone (I'm not sure it's you) saying that he couldn't book Lagos as the online form was rejecting him from completing the booking; so maybe Abuja is actually one's best bet this rush hour period.
Just an addition:
1. I believe visas are being processed only at the High commission,Abuja. They've stopped processing at Lagos.
2. The guy who's been rejected at lagos UKVAC must have filled Abuja in the online VAF9 form. If you fill a centre in that form you won't be accepted at another centre when booking appointment. That's what I thought,anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Oms:
Okay. I think all you need do is get to the nearest branch of the bank you use to the VFS centre you picked and print your statement; then proceed to the VFS centre. About that deposit you had mentioned, note that transactions made on the 19th Sept won't reflect on your statement if you print on 19th so if you want a transaction to reflect, make it on the 18th. While filling the form for your statement request, indicate the duration to end on 19th Sept (GTBank will put the 19th there for you). All the best!
Thanks brother, I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
adamsjosef: I just tracked mine too...same response. Guess it'll be ready for collection at VFS soon.
I just checked again and it says its ready for collection... Misscee check yours again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissCee: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
adamsjosef: I just checked again and it says its ready for collection... Misscee check yours again.
okay.. I'll do so now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
adamsjosef: I just checked again and it says its ready for collection... Misscee check yours again.

When and where did you apply pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zimsyp(f): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
sixteenbee: Hi,
Does it matter if I didn't receive any text or mail after my visa interview? Most of my friends got text messages a day after their interview telling them their applications have been forwarded to the British High Commission

Didn't get any text or call either. But as soon as the people I was interviewed d same day with told me they got the text. I went immediatly and got my visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

The courier company usually give you a receipt. The tracking number is on it. You can track it by going to their website or go to the courier company to help you track it or better still call BHC
Pls do u know a numba which I can call BHC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hey people I want to find out for someone if it is possible for a university to act as their financial sponsor for the tier 4 general student visa application .thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hey guys, do I need to make copies of the forms and documents I'm submitting?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
sixteenbee: Hi,
Does it matter if I didn't receive any text or mail after my visa interview? Most of my friends got text messages a day after their interview telling them their applications have been forwarded to the British High Commission

The SMS notification system is notoriously unreliable and often comes late. The online tracking system is better. You can follow the "Track your visa application" link on VFS website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
moufpeas:
Pls do u know a numba which I can call BHC?
you can call them on: +23494622200
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey people I want to find out for someone if it is possible for a university to act as their financial sponsor for the tier 4 general student visa application .thanks

Yes it is possible. If you have a scholarship offered directly from the university, they'll be your financial sponsor. This will usually be stated in your CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
@moufpeas. where did you submit your application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2013
jennyfar: Hey guys, do I need to make copies of the forms and documents I'm submitting?
Yes, it is compulsory to submit a photocopy of all your documents. The only exception is your Bank Statement (I actually submitted a photocopy since I didn't want story...lol).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 11:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
jennyfar: Hey guys, do I need to make copies of the forms and documents I'm submitting?
Make photocopies of all supporting documents excluding the statement of account. You can make photocopies of the forms too just for record purpose.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey people I want to find out for someone if it is possible for a university to act as their financial sponsor for the tier 4 general student visa application .thanks
Which University? A Nigerian University or the University one's to study in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 11:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
wolske:

Thanks so much Justwise and all the others who have been very helpful on this thread. God bless you all. Justwise, please one more question, please which of the airlines offers the cheapest (and still comfortable) flight directly to London Heathrow? Plus, do you advise people to use travel agents to book flights? I ask because, it is at times difficult to know genuine websites of these airlines if one decides to book without an agent./ There is so much internet fraud these days. Thanks.

There are only 3 airlines that fly directly to London from Lagos: Arik, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. You can compare their prices on their respective websites.

As it were, You are more likely to be duped by a travel agent than booking directly online yourself!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 12:06am On Sep 03, 2013
emmy78: @moufpeas. where did you submit your application?
Tnx......I submitted @ ikeja on d 14th of august
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:17am On Sep 03, 2013
wolske:

I'm not familiar with other airlines, i always use BA and book my flight directly from their website (not sure if its possible from Nigeria) I don't use agent, they will never give you cheaper rate compared to what you will get directly from the airline website.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.