Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,150 members, 7,860,123 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868791 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 8:42am On Sep 01, 2013
@ justwise. Have made arrangements for my full tuition fee paid . And now what is left is the 7200 pounds. I have my dad's bank statement with 2.5million in it. It has beeen der for 4 months without going beyond.i also have a letter of sponsorship permitting me to utilize the funds for my maintenance. Do u fink am gud 2 go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2013
Happy Sunday guys, pls which one is the personal details form, the last of appendix 8 says ensure you complete the personal details form on paper or online. Is it the vaf9 form? Cause I completed just two forms
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2013
Don Oms:
Mail your school early Monday morning (2nd Sept) and request for an extension in your possible resumption date. Tell them to include this information in your new CAS which will show you have paid full tuition. You should get your CAS before Thursday (5th Sept) & you can make an application that same day or Friday & get an appointment for sometime between 9-13th Sept (Pick Abuja even if it is far from your house). If your school gives grace till 1st week in October, I believe you'll get your visa before that time & go for your studies. If for any reason this plan doesn't work (I'm confident it will work though), be patient and defer till January. All the best bro.

You got your answer here ^^^^ i don't like giving a contrarily view when people have given valid advice.

holyboy.com:
@ justwise. Have made arrangements for my full tuition fee paid . And now what is left is the 7200 pounds. I have my dad's bank statement with 2.5million in it. It has beeen der for 4 months without going beyond.i also have a letter of sponsorship permitting me to utilize the funds for my maintenance. Do u fink am gud 2 go.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
I will contact my skool 2mrw. Am already in Lagos that means i have to leave for abuja by tuesday. My God my pocket is empty.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 1:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
Bibrahim: Hiya everyone .please is there anyone who collected their passport by third party.im not in abuja at the moment and I figured I'd post my slip to my uncle and write a letter authorising him to pick upmy passport and that should do yes?
Please reply

Yes you can nominate someone to collect or receive your documents on your behalf.
The person will need to go with -an authorisation letter signed by you, proof of their identity, and lastly your receipt.

I hope that helps. All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
jennyfar: Happy Sunday guys, pls which one is the personal details form, the last of appendix 8 says ensure you complete the personal details form on paper or online. Is it the vaf9 form? Cause I completed just two forms
If you have filled and printed the online form, you are okay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 2:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
JideVince:
If you have filled and printed the online form, you are okay.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
JustWise, please help with this: 800k was deposited in my personal account to make the balance N2m (about 7700GBP) on the 22nd August,2013.when can I print the statement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Justwise, a cousin of mine is currently in the UK for studies she went with a tier 4 student visa. Her parents once lived there some years ago till she was born in 86 but they later came back when she was around 2-3yrs old. She couldn't get her passport then cuz the rule then was, either your parents are UK citizens or the child lives there for 5yrs though she has her original UK birth certificate. She now wants to apply for her British passport do you think she can? How can she go about it plus what documents does she need to provide? Please advice justwise thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lum1: 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hello,I booked an appointment at the abuja office for tomorrow, monday. Unfortunately as I was about to print, the system encoutered an error and shutdown. I rebooted the system ad when I attempted reprinting it with my GWF number, it show an error message saying the number did not exist in their database. I tried rescheduling and it showed anothere error saying an appointment has already been booked. Would be grateful if help can be proferred. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
lum1: Hello,I booked an appointment at the abuja office for tomorrow, monday. Unfortunately as I was about to print, the system encoutered an error and shutdown. I rebooted the system ad when I attempted reprinting it with my GWF number, it show an error message saying the number did not exist in their database. I tried rescheduling and it showed anothere error saying an appointment has already been booked. Would be grateful if help can be proferred. Thanks
Try this: cancel the appointment, then book a fresh appointment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lum1: 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
JideVince:
Try this: cancel the appointment, then book a fresh appointment
. Tried that also "record with specified details cannot be found". Pls, is appointment referrence number the same as GWF reference number? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 3:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
[No, its different. The number is issued after you have successfully booked an appointment. quote author=lum1]. Tried that also "record with specified details cannot be found". Pls, is appointment referrence number the same as GWF reference number? Thanks[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lum1: 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
JideVince: [No, its different. The number is issued after you have successfully booked an appointment. quote author=lum1]. Tried that also "record with specified details cannot be found". Pls, is appointment referrence number the same as GWF reference number? Thanks
wow. I guess this is a bigger problem than I anticipated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
holyboy.com:
Am in lagos already. And i stay in Benin can i go to abuja to make d application. I believe i can get a new cas by wednesday. Do u fink Abuja will be more favourable. Pls urgent response
I believe Abuja is more favourable, trust me. I'm only telling you this b'cos of the nature of your application (rush hour). If you don't mind the expense, select Abuja for your appointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
holyboy.com:
I will contact my skool 2mrw. Am already in Lagos that means i have to leave for abuja by tuesday. My God my pocket is empty.
Bro, don't leave for Abuja until you have your appointment booked else you'll be spending unnecessarily. Don't let your past visa refusal affect you. Contact your school tomorrow and hope the extension reflects in your CAS. If it doesn't and they reply you via mail, print the mail & attach it to your application documents. Once you get your CAS, go online & submit your VAF9 & book appointment for the earliest day; then go to Abuja a day before the appointment day. All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
Thanks i will do exactly what u guys ve said$ i pray God elevate us all to be credible leaders of tomoorrow. Hope to come back with goodnews.

Don Oms:
Bro, don't leave for Abuja until you have your appointment booked else you'll be spending unnecessarily. Don't let your past visa refusal affect you. Contact your school tomorrow and hope the extension reflects in your CAS. If it doesn't and they reply you via mail, print the mail & attach it to your application documents. Once you get your CAS, go online & submit your VAF9 & book appointment for the earliest day; then go to Abuja a day before the appointment day. All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
lum1: Hello,I booked an appointment at the abuja office for tomorrow, monday. Unfortunately as I was about to print, the system encoutered an error and shutdown. I rebooted the system ad when I attempted reprinting it with my GWF number, it show an error message saying the number did not exist in their database. I tried rescheduling and it showed anothere error saying an appointment has already been booked. Would be grateful if help can be proferred. Thanks

i also encountered this problem...what i did was allow the appointment date pass then i filled another online form and used the new GWF number to book my new appointment and i got my visa successfully....so thats the only solution i have for u....i emailed vfs for days and they kept giving me stories so i did what i wrote above....ALL THE BEST.....after making the new appointment make sure u record the reference number on that page or download the pdf cuz once u leave that page u cant get the reference number again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbyintuition(m): 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hello all, I had my visa application interview where I submitted my docs over a month ago, but have still not heard from them, its not at VFS yet. Does anyone have an idea why this happens? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
abbyintuition: Hello all, I had my visa application interview where I submitted my docs over a month ago, but have still not heard from them, its not at VFS yet. Does anyone have an idea why this happens? Thanks

What was the exact date of your submission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
jennyfar: Happy Sunday guys, pls which one is the personal details form, the last of appendix 8 says ensure you complete the personal details form on paper or online. Is it the vaf9 form? Cause I completed just two forms

That is the vaf9 form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lum1: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
workinprogress:

i also encountered this problem...what i did was allow the appointment date pass then i filled another online form and used the new GWF number to book my new appointment and i got my visa successfully....so thats the only solution i have for u....i emailed vfs for days and they kept giving me stories so i did what i wrote above....ALL THE BEST.....after making the new appointment make sure u record the reference number on that page or download the pdf cuz once u leave that page u cant get the reference number again
thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:48am On Sep 02, 2013
princessmoi: Justwise, a cousin of mine is currently in the UK for studies she went with a tier 4 student visa. Her parents once lived there some years ago till she was born in 86 but they later came back when she was around 2-3yrs old. She couldn't get her passport then cuz the rule then was, either your parents are UK citizens or the child lives there for 5yrs though she has her original UK birth certificate. She now wants to apply for her British passport do you think she can? How can she go about it plus what documents does she need to provide? Please advice justwise thanks.

She can't, neither of her parents are British and she did not live in the UK for 5yrs as the rule stipulated then, so she doesn't qualify for British passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:50am On Sep 02, 2013
JideVince: JustWise, please help with this: 800k was deposited in my personal account to make the balance N2m (about 7700GBP) on the 22nd August,2013.when can I print the statement?

How much was in your account before the 800k was deposited?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 1:11am On Sep 02, 2013
justwise:

She can't, neither of her parents are British and she did not live in the UK for 5yrs as the rule stipulated then, so she doesn't qualify for British passport.

Thanks justwise. What about the birth certificate then? She said her mum was given indefinite whilst they lived there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 1:11am On Sep 02, 2013
justwise:

How much was in your account before the 800k was deposited?
N1.2m
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 2:41am On Sep 02, 2013
justwise:

You should expect it this week then, while you wait for that you need to ask your school for 2 weeks extension.

just got the ATAS certificate now, i have forwarded it to d school, expecting CAS,

i have also required for an extension
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 2:43am On Sep 02, 2013
Don Oms:
If you were NOT accessed with your transcript by your Tier 4 Sponsor, and thus not stated on your CAS, then the embassy does not need your transcript. However, in a situation where you don't have an original certificate yet & were assessed by something like a Statement of Result, you may decide (but not compulsory) to put the transcript there IF you have it.

thanks i have original certificate, though i sent transcript to school before i got admissions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 3:08am On Sep 02, 2013
Please my UK Student visa interview is on Tuesday in Abuja. 1)what questions do they ask?
2)Do i need a letter from my office to show that i have ties ere in Nigeria because i was rejected in 2011 because i was not working then.
3)My passport will expire April next year will that be a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2013
princessmoi:

Thanks justwise. What about the birth certificate then? She said her mum was given indefinite whilst they lived there.

Indefinite Leave To Remain (permanent residency) is different from citizenship. The Home Office keeps changing the rules for naturalization and you need to check the most recent one on UKBA's website. However, one thing I'm sure of is that being born in the UK does not automatically grant you to British citizenship(unlike the US)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.