Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:28 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (877100 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2013
princessmoi:

Thanks justwise. What about the birth certificate then? She said her mum was given indefinite whilst they lived there.

She missed the opportunity to apply for this when she was under 16 yrs of age since her mother was given a stay, her birth certificate does not mean a lot now interms of applying for passport or a stay because at the time when she was born her parents are not British or permanent resident permit holder. but she would have applied as her mother's dependant at that age, now as an adult,educated to that level its very difficult.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:27am On Sep 02, 2013
JideVince:
N1.2m

Well...if you don't have the required amount of money before that 800k was paid into your account then your 28days counting starts the day the complete money was paid into your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:29am On Sep 02, 2013
Zeetry:

just got the ATAS certificate now, i have forwarded it to d school, expecting CAS,

i have also required for an extension

Good, when is your course starting?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:31am On Sep 02, 2013
onerno@yahoo.co:
Please my UK Student visa interview is on Tuesday in Abuja. 1)what questions do they ask?
2)Do i need a letter from my office to show that i have ties ere in Nigeria because i was rejected in 2011 because i was not working then.
3)My passport will expire April next year will that be a problem?

That got nothing to do with student visa, you are referring to visiting visa there.

Nothing wrong with your passport, you can renew it in the UK if given a visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:41am On Sep 02, 2013
justwise:

Well...if you don't have the required amount of money before that 800k was paid into your account then your 28days counting starts the day the complete money was paid into your account.
Yes,The required amount was complete after The 800k was deposited on 22ndAug, so when is it safe to print the statement? I'm kind of confused with the day counting thing. Thanks justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:46am On Sep 02, 2013
JideVince:
Yes,The required amount was complete after The 800k was deposited on 22ndAug, so when is it safe to print the statement? I'm kind of confused with the day counting thing. Thanks justwise

Count 28days from that 22ndAug
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:54am On Sep 02, 2013
justwise:

Count 28days from that 22ndAug
22nd August inclusive, the 28th day is 18th Sept.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2013
JideVince:
22nd August inclusive, the 28th day is 18th Sept.
that will be 19th september not 18th sep. You count numbers of days not night. But if you have like 6200 pounds in your account for 28 days you can the the 1000 to school for accomodation it will show on cas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2013
abbakacici: that will be 19th september not 18th sep. You count numbers of days not night. But if you have like 6200 pounds in your account for 28 days you can the the 1000 to school for accomodation it will show on cas
Ok, thanks. So I can print the statement on 19th, right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbyintuition(m): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2013
It was the 24th of July, 2013
Aristoqrat:

What was the exact date of your submission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissCee: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2013
The BHC seem to be taking a lot of time.. Most people that applied in Lagos late July and Early August havent gotten any word from them. The wait sucks! The BHC seem to be taking a lot of time.. Most people that applied in Lagos late July and Early August havent gotten any word from them. The wait sucks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sixteenbee: 11:47am On Sep 02, 2013
Hi,
Does it matter if I didn't receive any text or mail after my visa interview? Most of my friends got text messages a day after their interview telling them their applications have been forwarded to the British High Commission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:50am On Sep 02, 2013
JideVince:
Ok, thanks. So I can print the statement on 19th, right?
I didn't want to comment on any of your last few posts but I think I should. This same question you keep asking had been answered for you a couple of pages behind and you keep posting the same thing over and over again. If you put your money there on the 22nd Aug, DAY 1 of your counting is on the 23RD and you'll realise the 28TH DAY is 19th Sept. What part of that don't you understand?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
Am new ere Pls what Questions do they ask during the interview am nervous my interview i tomorrow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
I seem to concur with your observation but lets all keep our fingers crossed, we'll all have an influx of good news this week...in Jesus name.
MissCee: The BHC seem to be taking a lot of time.. Most people that applied in Lagos late July and Early August havent gotten any word from them. The wait sucks! The BHC seem to be taking a lot of time.. Most people that applied in Lagos late July and Early August havent gotten any word from them. The wait sucks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
onerno@yahoo.co:
Am new ere Pls what Questions do they ask during the interview am nervous my interview i tomorrow
Here is your answer below; it was given on the thread sometime ago:----------»»
SAT1:

#1. What's ur name?
#2. What's ur date of birth?
#3. What's the title of ur course?
#4. Why did you choose this course?
#5. What's the relevance of this course to ur career?
#6.Why did you choose UK for your studies?
#7. Did u understand all the questions?
I'll just add one more which I was asked in addition to those above: 1) "Why did you choose your School? And they may ask in addition to #4 above that: "Why didn't you choose another course related to your chosen course which your school may be offering?"
I hope that helps. Just speak good grammar & be composed...the interview isn't a difficult thing. All the best in your interview.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
HOS13:

Indefinite Leave To Remain (permanent residency) is different from citizenship. The Home Office keeps changing the rules for naturalization and you need to check the most recent one on UKBA's website. However, one thing I'm sure of is that being born in the UK does not automatically grant you to British citizenship(unlike the US)

Oh ok... I understand, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
justwise:

She missed the opportunity to apply for this when she was under 16 yrs of age since her mother was given a stay, her birth certificate does not mean a lot now interms of applying for passport or a stay because at the time when she was born her parents are not British or permanent resident permit holder. but she would have applied as her mother's dependant at that age, now as an adult,educated to that level its very difficult.

Too bad, she was so much looking forward to applying for her passport anyways thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissCee: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
adamsjosef: I seem to concur with your observation but lets all keep our fingers crossed, we'll all have an influx of good news this week...in Jesus name.
Amen!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Oms:
I didn't want to comment on any of your last few posts but I think I should. This same question you keep asking had been answered for you a couple of pages behind and you keep posting the same thing over and over again. If you put your money there on the 22nd Aug, DAY 1 of your counting is on the 23RD and you'll realise the 28TH DAY is 19th Sept. What part of that don't you understand?
Sorry if you felt angered by that. To be honest I just wanted justwise to comment on it, that was why I intentionally directed the question at him. Not that I don't appreciate every single contribution my Q has received on here but if you
Have seen what I have seen you'd want to be double sure. No margin for error. Sorry once again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pls BHC asked me 2 foward more docs which I did thru courier , pls it there nyway I can confirm if they have received it ?..I sent it on thurs and BHC told me dis weds is d dedline ..I jst wanna be sure the got it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 1:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
moufpeas: Pls BHC asked me 2 foward more docs which I did thru courier , pls it there nyway I can confirm if they have received it ?..I sent it on thurs and BHC told me dis weds is d dedline ..I jst wanna be sure the got it

The courier company usually give you a receipt. The tracking number is on it. You can track it by going to their website or go to the courier company to help you track it or better still call BHC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
I submitted at Ikeja on August 12th and got my visa after 10 working days

adamsjosef: I seem to concur with your observation but lets all keep our fingers crossed, we'll all have an influx of good news this week...in Jesus name.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissCee: 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
talktolaranow: I submitted at Ikeja on August 12th and got my visa after 10 working days

that's nice! Mine was at lekki on the 6th and i'm still waiting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
It will all end in praise.

MissCee:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
MissCee:
Mine was submitted on the 7th at Lekki too and still waiting....it will end in praise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Oms:
Here is your answer below; it was given on the thread sometime ago:----------»»

I'll just add one more which I was asked in addition to those above: 1) "Why did you choose your School? And they may ask in addition to #4 above that: "Why didn't you choose another course related to your chosen course which your school may be offering?"
I hope that helps. Just speak good grammar & be composed...the interview isn't a difficult thing. All the best in your interview.

Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissCee: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
talktolaranow: It will all end in praise.

amen. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
JideVince:
Sorry if you felt angered by that. To be honest I just wanted justwise to comment on it, that was why I intentionally directed the question at him. Not that I don't appreciate every single contribution my Q has received on here but if you
Have seen what I have seen you'd want to be double sure. No margin for error. Sorry once again.

I'm actually not angry my bro! Just giving a piece of my mind. A guy once "argued" with Justwise's advice a few weeks ago and the outcome of his "stubborness" was his visa refusal (I'm sorry I'm mentioning this but we have to be frank sometimes). The guy eventually came back here asking for more advise on how to start all over. My point is this: Once you're given advice here, reason with it and do more research if necessary BUT never argue/contradict the advice thus confusing yourself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissCee: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
adamsjosef: Mine was submitted on the 7th at Lekki too and still waiting....it will end in praise.
amen to that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissCee: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
I just tracked my application. Its on transit back to vfs. Those of you still waiting could do same. Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
talktolaranow: It will all end in praise.

A big amen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.