Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,366 members, 7,826,438 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866191 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
smileyAnyone going to Buckingham University? kem000 Congratulations
kem000: Anyone going to middlesex university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by eminado: 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hello! Anyone going to SOAS University of London??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bobodudu100: 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hey guys I want to explain my present situation. So basically I was a former student of a particular uni but was kicked out due to poor performance. This was then made known to the home office who then curtailed my current visa to 60days,which expires on 18th September.I am aware I have to apply for a new visa and have decided to make my application back in the uk as i am oversees and I have some of my documents still in the uk.Now i have been granted a place in a different university and i am waiting for my CAS document to arrive. So I wanted to know if i could use my CAS document to serve as proof for a legitimate reason for me to back in the uk when i get to heathrow immigrations. Whats your opinion on this guys?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
bobo_dudu100: Hey guys I want to explain my present situation. So basically I was a former student of a particular uni but was kicked out due to poor performance. This was then made known to the home office who then curtailed my current visa to 60days,which expires on 18th September.I am aware I have to apply for a new visa and have decided to make my application back in the uk as i am oversees and I have some of my documents still in the uk.Now i have been granted a place in a different university and i am waiting for my CAS document to arrive. So I wanted to know if i could use my CAS document to serve as proof for a legitimate reason for me to back in the uk when i get to heathrow immigrations. Whats your opinion on this guys?
No is the simple answer.
You failed your course and your visa was cancelled. You do not have a visa until you get a new one.
You will not be allowed entry on your old visa.
You might struggle to convince VO to give you new study visa as you failed before.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissTeeq(f): 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
eminado: Hello! Anyone going to SOAS University of London??

You'll love SOAS! What course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
thekid123: Dear All,

I'm new to this forum and I would like some help please. I was recently refused for tier4 visa and I have submitted an administrative review form. I was refused as the ECO claimed I had not payed any of my course fees even though my CAS showed all course fees were paid. Furthermore the ECO quotes the wrong fee in the refusal leading me to believe he looked at the wrong CAS when making his decision.
Does anyone know how long the review decision takes. Also would I need to re-submit documents I already submitted with my original application (eg. Bank statement)? Please your answers would be most helpful as I submitted just the form without resubmitting evidence and I am now worried. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I think submitting an administrative review was a good decision you made. However, you should still go ahead and submit another application(in order to save time). I am reliably informed that your visa application fee(ie the 2nd application) will be REFUNDED if your administrative review is successful, so you have nothing to lose by reapplying.

Yes, you don't need to submit any extra evidence for the administrative review but you will need to submit all your documents(and apply for a new CAS from the university) for a fresh application. You should also inform the international students' team of your university.

Good luck.

Edit: I just read your follow up comments...I think you should discuss with your university. This is because according to the rules, you can reapply while your refusal is still under administrative review. If you are successful, your refusal will be reversed and your application fee refunded! But if your university insists (and they are fully aware of the reasons for refusal) and you still have enough time before resumption, you may wait for the outcome of the review but that'd be risky!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by OmoB93: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
MissTeeq: Afternoon all! I've been an avid follower of of this topic, though I've been a silent follower. I applied and did my interview on the 15th of August and after 10 working days I got my visa. I just want to join others and testify of the great things that are happening here. I have never actually posted a question I just read other peoples similar questions and answers and followed the advise. Thanks to all the people who answered the questions so gracefully and for those who asked questions too, you have both been so helppful. God has truly been good and I give him all the glory and praise. In about 2 weeks I'll be headed off to the University of East Anglia, is there anyone else headed there? To all of you still waiting. Your testimony will be next. Thank you all and God bless you.

Congrats. I'm going to UEA. What course are you gong for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissTeeq(f): 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
OmoB93:

Congrats. I'm going to UEA. What course are you gong for?

Oh cool, MA Gender Analysis in International Development. How about you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pls, how best can someone book emirate airline from Nigeria to UK in terms of payment options.? Anyone going to Coventry or warwick University?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
I booked emirates with my Mastercard via their website.
damsey: Pls, how best can someone book emirate airline from Nigeria to UK in terms of payment options.? Anyone going to Coventry or warwick University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by OmoB93: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
MissTeeq:

Oh cool, MA Gender Analysis in International Development. How about you?
MA Creative Writing Prose
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissTeeq(f): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
OmoB93:
MA Creative Writing Prose

Oh cool course!! Very unNigeria! When do you plan to travel to Norwich?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by OmoB93: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
MissTeeq:

Oh cool course!! Very unNigeria! When do you plan to travel to Norwich?
unNigerian, Lol. Still waiting for visa oh. Hope to leave on the 18th sha. How about you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by eminado: 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
MissTeeq:

You'll love SOAS! What course?

Are you going there grin Msc Development economics.. Oh just saw ur previous post UEA right
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by albertseun(m): 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
damsey: Pls, how best can someone book emirate airline from Nigeria to UK in terms of payment options.? Anyone going to Coventry or warwick University?
Going to Coventry uni, still waitin 4ma visa though...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
albertseun:
Going to Coventry uni, still waitin 4ma visa though...
Don't worry ur visa will be thru soonest. Keep me posted as event unfolds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
talktolaranow: I booked emirates with my Mastercard via their website.
Is it GTB naira mastercard? How long is d confirmation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
It's Firstbank's.The e-ticket was e-mailed to me instantly.

damsey: Is it GTB naira mastercard? How long is d confirmation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
[quote author=talktolaranow]It's Firstbank's.The e-ticket was e-mailed to me instant

Ok, naira card or dollar card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by albertseun(m): 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
damsey: Don't worry ur visa will be thru soonest. Keep me posted as event unfolds.
Thanks bro, u going to coventry uni and wat course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
albertseun:
Thanks bro, u going to coventry uni and wat course?
Msc Civil Engineering & u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by albertseun(m): 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
damsey:
Msc Civil Engineering & u?
Msc information tech, although I was in covnetry before, jst came back because my visa expires.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
I received my visa today after 15 working days. Praise be to Jesus. I got the message yesterday that my package was ready for collection. Thanks to justwise and every one who has contributed on this forum.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissTeeq(f): 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
OmoB93:
unNigerian, Lol. Still waiting for visa oh. Hope to leave on the 18th sha. How about you?

I hope to be there around the same time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissTeeq(f): 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
eminado:

Are you going there grin Msc Development economics.. Oh just saw ur previous post UEA right

No not SOAS, but also going for a development course too. Considered SOAS and have friends that finished from there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:27am On Sep 05, 2013
emmy78: I received my visa today after 15 working days. Praise be to Jesus. I got the message yesterday that my package was ready for collection. Thanks to justwise and every one who has contributed on this forum.

Congratulations!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:28am On Sep 05, 2013
bobo_dudu100: Hey guys I want to explain my present situation. So basically I was a former student of a particular uni but was kicked out due to poor performance. This was then made known to the home office who then curtailed my current visa to 60days,which expires on 18th September.I am aware I have to apply for a new visa and have decided to make my application back in the uk as i am oversees and I have some of my documents still in the uk.Now i have been granted a place in a different university and i am waiting for my CAS document to arrive. So I wanted to know if i could use my CAS document to serve as proof for a legitimate reason for me to back in the uk when i get to heathrow immigrations. Whats your opinion on this guys?
Are you going for the same course or a different one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2013
pantex: Jus asking 4 ur opinions. Pls hv any of u heard of any1 refused visa just because of d video interview? What r d possible reasons 4 rejection? Jus curious.

Its possible if you gave wrong answer to question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:33am On Sep 05, 2013
JideVince:
Basically, I think they are more particular about how genuine your intentions are and your communication skills in English language.

@pantex ^^^ another valid answer for you from JideVince
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 2:22am On Sep 05, 2013
lamie505: I got my visa today so happy thanks to everyone and just wise... May others waiting get theirs in Jesus Name...

CongratulationS! See all ur worries initially were for nothing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:31am On Sep 05, 2013
HOS13:

Hi,
I think submitting an administrative review was a good decision you made. However, you should still go ahead and submit another application(in order to save time). I am reliably informed that your visa application fee(ie the 2nd application) will be REFUNDED if your administrative review is successful, so you have nothing to lose by reapplying.

Yes, you don't need to submit any extra evidence for the administrative review but you will need to submit all your documents(and apply for a new CAS from the university) for a fresh application. You should also inform the international students' team of your university.

Good luck.

Edit: I just read your follow up comments...I think you should discuss with your university. This is because according to the rules, you can reapply while your refusal is still under administrative review. If you are successful, your refusal will be reversed and your application fee refunded! But if your university insists (and they are fully aware of the reasons for refusal) and you still have enough time before resumption, you may wait for the outcome of the review but that'd be risky!

By who pls? You were reliably informed by?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:37am On Sep 05, 2013
riteaide:

Request for an immediate review from an Entry Clearance Manager. Let the Administrative Review run concurrently, and I strongly suggest that you call and request to speak to someone higher up after sending an email. Since you met the requirements of the points based system as you claim, then you really have no business reapplying or even waiting for the long admin review process.

Pls don't give him any false hope, calling to speak to somebody higher up is waste of time and money because he will not be able to speak to anybody higher than the person that picks his call.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.