Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,438 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866564 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
st.kelly:
thanks jide, so am guessing that STD number is for the appointment venue, and not my residential code, so if i was heading to lagos for the interview, it would be 01??
sorry abt second guessing you, seeing as your trying to help, just that all this plety visa refusal stories be overshadowing the positive approval gist.. grin
Well, no problem mate. I guess you can just put any, since its not useful anyway. Its only useful when you have a landline. It can NEVER have any bearing on your visa decision.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissCee: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bibrahim: Guys!just got my visa! My Manchester ladies!where are you at?
yay! Congrats. I'm off to manchester too smiley.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
Congrats , I will be going to collect mine on monday...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by draustin: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hi guys just pick up my visa. Thanks to Justwise and all Nairalanders who have shared on this forum.
Now that I have mine, I want to apply for my spouse next week. I've made additional payments towards my tuition,can I order for an updated cas to reflect this cos without it d maintainance requirements fall short by abt 400£.
Pls house advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
I just got my CAS draft and i have confirmed it by sending a confirmation mail. In respect to the funds in my dad's bank account. the amount has been there for 4 months now. but he made a withdrawal of 1million out of the account just last week. making it about 2.5million his closing balance. do you think am good to go. planning on submitting my application on Monday next week. As from my calculation visa applications now take 10 - 15 working days. and my school latest date of resumption is 7/10/2013. i believe before 26/08/2013 i should be good to go. just praying and believing in God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dear justwise.....please, i just received my acceptance letter for my short course in my email address but i dont want to wait for the "hardcopy" because of my time.

Please can I proceed to apply for my student visiting visa with the "printout"?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
marcdeco: Hi all

I am new on the forum and I urgently need your advices.
I am intending to apply for a tier 4 student visa. I succeeded in gathering the entire money (in a bank account) needed for application on the 02/09 and the beginning date of classes in Aberdeen is on the 30/09. Considering the “28 day rule” and the beginning date what do you suggest me to do?
Wait 28 days and apply on the 30/09 (day of the beginning)?
Or apply on the 16/09? This will give the ukba 2 weeks to process my application and I will be on time if I receive a visa but breaking the 28 days rule
Thanks a lot for your quick reply as deadlines are becoming tight.
If classes begin on the 30th of Sept, it means that date will most likely be the latest resumption date. If your money will be 28-days old by 30th, you can only apply that day or the next (earliest) and there will be 0 days allotted for visa processing.
The implication: REFUSAL.
Your Choices: Ask your school for latest resumption time and if it is not 30th and leaves at least 12 working days from 30th, then apply. If not, please ask for deferral till January next year (if your school allows January intake) or September next year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
holyboy.com:
I just got my CAS draft and i have confirmed it by sending a confirmation mail. In respect to the funds in my dad's bank account. the amount has been there for 4 months now. but he made a withdrawal of 1million out of the account just last week. making it about 2.5million his closing balance. do you think am good to go. planning on submitting my application on Monday next week. As from my calculation visa applications now take 10 - 15 working days. and my school latest date of resumption is 7/10/2013. i believe before 26/08/2013 i should be good to go. just praying and believing in God.
You're good to go with your Bank Statement once it shows the day of deposits till the print date and reflecting 28 days or more; and the print date is not 30 days old as at the date of your appointment. As for your appointment on 9th Sept, you have enough time. Just indicate a mail/letter/CAS showing that the latest resumption for your course is 7th October.
All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
Thanks sir, i believe this time i will bring good news back to the house... i think i need to start preparing for my trip. because i have faith that everything will be okay... Documents i have: MY Degree Result, CAS statement, Bank Statement, Sponsorship letter(letter of consent) from my dad, my Neco Result, My Birth Certificate, My Passport, My parents data [age of their passport. I am hoping i get good news on time.... Making my application in Ikeja... I am really broke....would have love to go to Abuja. Please pray for me...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by marcdeco: 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
@ Don Oms and others

FYI i want to apply for a tier 4 student visa, that "Points based system: 10 for CAS and 30 for the entire money"
I understand that if i apply on the same date than the beginning date of my courses i will be refused visa.
What about applying 2 weeks before with the entire money in the account but breaking the 28 days rule; as just part of the money was there more than 28 days before and the other will have been there 14 days before?

Thanks for your prompt reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hello Justwise and all posters on this thread. Well done! I just registered on this forum though I had read through this thread before. I got a refusal today due to an error of some sort. The refusal grounds: I submitted a bank statement which shows a period of 24th July to 21 Aug (28 days) and the money I needed for the application got completed on the 23rd July so did not reflect as a transaction on the statement. The next transaction after that 23rd was 31st July. Now, the BHC didn't consider the period as written above the statement but started counting from first listed transaction i.e. 31st July, hence making the period only 21 days.
My questions goes thus: my school resumes 23rd Sept and I may get a week extension. Do I apply for an Administrative review with a re-printed Bank Statement or I should re-apply? (I'll book an appointment for Monday, 09th Sept if I apply today.) If I re-apply, what references do I need to make in the new application about my refusal? I await your prompt response Mr Justwise and other experienced posters. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
marcdeco: @ Don Oms and others

I understand that if i apply on the same date than the beginning date of my courses i will be refused visa.
What about applying 2 weeks before with the entire money in the account but breaking the 28 days rule; as just part of the money was there more than 28 days before and the other will have been there 14 days before?

Trust me, if you do the bolded message, it's automatic refusal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
holyboy.com:
Thanks sir, i believe this time i will bring good news back to the house... i think i need to start preparing for my trip. because i have faith that everything will be okay... Documents i have: MY Degree Result, CAS statement, Bank Statement, Sponsorship letter(letter of consent) from my dad, my Neco Result, My Birth Certificate, My Passport, My parents data [age of their passport. I am hoping i get good news on time.... Making my application in Ikeja... I am really broke....would have love to go to Abuja. Please pray for me...
Bro, sorry I forgot to update you on the latest finding about the Abuja/Lagos application centre. My latest observation shows ONE (1) day difference btw Ikeja and Abuja for 2 people who applied on the 22nd Aug. Go to Ikeja and I pray you get the VISA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2013

FYI i want to apply for a tier 4 student visa, that "Points based system: 10 for CAS and 30 for the entire money"

Sorry mate, you can't break rules and expect to be issued with a visa. Its as simple as that. If it were to be possible, I bet nobody would care to wait for the 28 days. Just take your time and do what is right, otherwise, you'll just be "dashing" them cool cash. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
humble_dove: Hello Justwise and all posters on this thread. Well done! I just registered on this forum though I had read through this thread before. I got a refusal today due to an error of some sort. The refusal grounds: I submitted a bank statement which shows a period of 24th July to 21 Aug (28 days) and the money I needed for the application got completed on the 23rd July so did not reflect as a transaction on the statement. The next transaction after that 23rd was 31st July. Now, the BHC didn't consider the period as written above the statement but started counting from first listed transaction i.e. 31st July, hence making the period only 21 days.
My questions goes thus: my school resumes 23rd Sept and I may get a week extension. Do I apply for an Administrative review with a re-printed Bank Statement or I should re-apply? (I'll book an appointment for Monday, 09th Sept if I apply today.) If I re-apply, what references do I need to make in the new application about my refusal? I await your prompt response Mr Justwise and other experienced posters. Thanks.
Wow! So sorry to hear this. You should have printed from 23rd. Re-application is the surest thing to do now. If you can request for two weeks extension from your school, it should be okay. You should note that you'll also need to request a new CAS number from the school.
Just state, in the new application, why you were refused and how your status (like : the required fund had not stayed in the account for up to 28days before I applied, now it has been there for more than 28 days) has changed. Goodluck brother. You can wait to hear from justwise too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2013

Congratulations babe. Manchester go hear am. Here I am oooo wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Autolord: 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
@Justwise I'm so scared. My statement period shows from 2-August-2013(day I deposited money) till 2-september-2013(Interview date) However my closing balance was on the 28th August 2013, last day of transaction plus I had in excess of 500pounds. Will the ECO use statement period showing money has been there for 31days or closing balance showing 27days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
Autolord: @Justwise I'm so scared. My statement period shows from 2-August-2013(day I deposited money) till 2-september-2013(Interview date) However my closing balance was on the 28th August 2013, last day of transaction plus I had in excess of 500pounds. Will the ECO use statement period showing money has been there for 31days or closing balance showing 27days?
They will count 28 days backwards from the day you printed the statement. What do you mean by "closing balance?" Do you mean the date of last transaction?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Autolord: 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
Don Oms:
They will count 28 days backwards from the day you printed the statement. What do you mean by "closing balance?" Do you mean the date of last transaction?
yes sir the date of last transaction
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
Autolord: yes sir the date of last transaction
If your Bank Statement shows "Print Date" clearly as 2nd Sept, you have nothing to worry about. If the statement doesn't show the print date, then I really can't tell the fate of the application. But either way, you have applied already so just be optimistic and don't panic.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Autolord: 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
Don Oms:
If your Bank Statement shows "Print Date" clearly as 2nd Sept, you have nothing to worry about. If the statement doesn't show the print date, then I really can't tell the fate of the application. But either way, you have applied already so just be optimistic and don't panic.
It clearly shows the print date. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
. yea yea we re here...university of manchester here we cm. Congrats dearie

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by stkelly(m): 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
hi guys,would it be possible to ask, especially those who have gotten their visas to provide some of the interview questions, and general answers, where possible, so we could practice... thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
st.kelly:
hi guys,would it be possible to ask, especially those who have gotten their visas to provide some of the interview questions, and general answers, where possible, so we could practice... thanks in advance.
I was asked the following questions:
1. Your name, Date of Birth and Nationality
2. Why have you chosen to study in the UK?
3. What is the title of your course?
4. Why have you chosen the course?
5. What is the name of your sponsoring institution?
6. Why have you chosen the institution?
7. How would your chosen course benefit your future career?
8. Your education background
9. Have you ever been to the Uk?
10 have you ever travelled outside Nigeria
11 did you understand all the questions?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anyibaba50: 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
mz_enna:

I also submitted on the 23rd in Abuja

So... Any news from them yet? Which school is that? Anyway will be in ABUJA on Monday....and I can't wait to share the encouraging news!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
anyibaba50: No news yet. Really worried already. University of West England, Bristol

So... Any news from them yet? Which school is that? Anyway will be in ABUJA on Monday....and I can't wait to share the encouraging news!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 11:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
adamsjosef: I just tracked mine too...same response. Guess it'll be ready for collection at VFS soon.
Pls I wud like to know when u tracked at this particular time and they said it was in transit ow exactly was it written?..."Processed passport is in Transit to the UK Visa Operation Center"....was it like this?...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 12:24am On Sep 07, 2013
moufpeas:
Pls I wud like to know when u tracked at this particular time and they said it was in transit ow exactly was it written?..."Processed passport is in Transit to the UK Visa Operation Center"....was it like this?...
Something like that was what was written...I wish you success. Any buckingham uni bound student?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 6:00am On Sep 07, 2013

There is still a very high chance that u will be refused if u break the 28 day rule. Why not apply for an extension or deferment.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 6:16am On Sep 07, 2013
humble_dove: Hello Justwise and all posters on this thread. Well done! I just registered on this forum though I had read through this thread before. I got a refusal today due to an error of some sort. The refusal grounds: I submitted a bank statement which shows a period of 24th July to 21 Aug (28 days) and the money I needed for the application got completed on the 23rd July so did not reflect as a transaction on the statement. The next transaction after that 23rd was 31st July. Now, the BHC didn't consider the period as written above the statement but started counting from first listed transaction i.e. 31st July, hence making the period only 21 days.

A rteview will take longer than a reapplication though cheaper. Also I think u shld first pursue ur new CAS b4 any other thing cos getting one may delay longer than u expect.The reference u shld point out in your next application will be to print out ur statement from 22 to the present date. Underline the transaction tht was made on the 23 and explain why it didn't show in ur previous statement. Or
Include the same statement u used, and now underline the period covere 24 jul to aug. Which clearly showed a 28 day period but was overlooked.
I hope this helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2013

Congrats dear. My appointment is on Monday, fingers crossed. smiley when are u leaving for Manchester?

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.