Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866818 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
justwise:
Are you going for the same course or a different one?
I am going for a different one..why ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
justwise:
Are you going for the same course or a different one?
I am going for a different one,why?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
talktolaranow: cheesy Was wondering

its a one way trip to the uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nastyclown: 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hey guys i really need your help. I've got a friend who wants to apply for a UK student visa on Monday 9/9/13 but her school starts on 10/9/2013. Is it advisable for her to do so seeing as the her course starts the next day after her visa application. Her CAS was delayed and the shifted the start date from 16/09 to 10/09, so she is in a bit of a tight situation. Justwise I'm counting on your versatile knowledge and any other credible advise, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nasty-clown:
Hey guys i really need your help. I've got a friend who wants to apply for a UK student visa on Monday 9/9/13 but her school starts on 10/9/2013. Is it advisable for her to do so seeing as the her course starts the next day after her visa application. Her CAS was delayed and the shifted the start date from 16/09 to 10/09, so she is in a bit of a tight situation. Justwise I'm counting on your versatile knowledge and any other credible advise, thank you.

Hmmmm...I would advice your friend not to try it.My previous application,I was refused.The ECO claimed my course start date was 20/06/2013,I applied on the 19/06/2013.That's a day before.He said first of all,that's considered as a late application.Secondly,he contacted my school and the school said 5th of July 2013 is d last resumption date.I didn't calculate d processing time cuz I gambled it can't take more than 11working days whereas it took 17working days.I applied late cuz my Cas came in late.

Let ur friend find out d last resumption date of his or her course.Calculate the visa processing time as well.If it's not favourable,I would advice you don't try it.Better still,an extension from the school would be better.

My little advice though.Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
i submitted all required documents for student visa and i also added an introduction letter from my office, appointment letter, photocopy of ID card and payslips because i was rejected visiting visa in 2011 cos i was not working and plus also i told dem in my interview i will come back to my job after graduation. Am nervous will this added information work against me? can this cost me a refusal? PLS HELP!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anyibaba50: 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
Guys guess what!!! Just tracked my visa and saw "Processed passport is in Transit to the UK Visa Operation center". Will wait and go on Monday. I submitted on the 23rd of August and I saw this on the 5th of September and I submitted at ABUJA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
anyibaba50: Guys guess what!!! Just tracked my visa and saw "Processed passport is in Transit to the UK Visa Operation center". Will wait and go on Monday.

When and where dd u apply pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anyibaba50: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
jubel:

When and where dd u apply pls?

I submitted on the 23rd of August and I saw this on the 5th of September and I submitted at ABUJA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
anyibaba50:

I submitted on the 23rd of August and I saw this on the 5th of September and I submitted at ABUJA.

Okay.Congrats in advance.Submitted mine on the 15th Aug @lekki.Still waiting..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
abbakacici: how worng because I give a wrong answer to one question I was ask about my degree. I mistakely said bsc accounting instead of ba accounting. So I should be geting ready for refusal

I seriously doubt if that will affect the out come of your application, i don't think you should worry about that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
onerno@yahoo.co:
i submitted all required documents for student visa and i also added an introduction letter from my office, appointment letter, photocopy of ID card and payslips because i was rejected visiting visa in 2011 cos i was not working and plus also i told dem in my interview i will come back to my job after graduation. Am nervous will this added information work against me? can this cost me a refusal? PLS HELP!!

Unnecessary materials, those are not needed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nasty-clown:

Her application will be refused, its just waste of her money and time applying. Let her defer her admission to Jan or next Sept.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Saucy Dolph: Halleluyah.....Yeppiegringrincheesy. Just got my visa after 11working days. Thank you all for your answers. University of Manchester here I come....

Those going to Uni of manc please what airline are you using...@honey help out. Thanks

Congratulations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 12:04am On Sep 06, 2013
justwise:

Unnecessary materials, those are not needed

wow! but can that cause me a denial? embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:12am On Sep 06, 2013
onerno@yahoo.co:

wow! but can that cause me a denial? embarassed

Nobody can give you definite answer to that, the ECO may put them aside and deal with the necessary documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 12:30am On Sep 06, 2013
justwise:

Nobody can give you definite answer to that, the ECO may put them aside and deal with the necessary documents.

Ok i live it in God's hands. tnx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by riteaide: 2:54am On Sep 06, 2013
justwise:

Her application will be refused, its just waste of her money and time applying. Let her defer her admission to Jan or next Sept.

Or the OP can call and ask about the fast track service.. I do not know if it is used for study visas. Call the VFS office to make enquiries.. And just have everything ready including the online form... Wish you all the best.

Else, defer just for the sake of being settled and prepared for the next entry session.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 5:20am On Sep 06, 2013
holyboy.com:
just called the school agent in Nigeria to university of south wales. he said the school wants wants me to apply for another CAS for February. just confused. and from my calculation i still have enuf time to make September. and he told me he appealed to them to assist me get the CAS for September. just thinking maybe God wants me to go next year... Please can one apply for Visa for February intake...
Since gurus like Justwise have advised you (even your school is saying Febuary),stick to his advice
I know you are eager to resume in Sept going by your posts but just wait
Painful as it was, I defered my January admission till Sept because I would have run foul of UKBA's 28 day rule
Your wait is even going to be shorter kiss wink wink
holyboy.com:
@ justwise. Have made arrangements for my full tuition fee paid . And now what is left is the 7200 pounds. I have my dad's bank statement with 2.5million in it. It has beeen der for 4 months without going beyond.i also have a letter of sponsorship permitting me to utilize the funds for my maintenance. Do u fink am gud 2 go.
If I am not wrong,I believe the bolded will bring you grief
I recall reading on this looooooonnnnnngggg but very insighful thread that your upkeep money should be in your account for not less than 28 days and not more than 60 days
Please confirm from the gurus
If your pop doesn't trust you witb such an amount of chedah,let him give your mom to hold it in trust for you
Like Justwise said,take time to tidy your papers before applying again
My 2 cents cool
Hope it makes sense
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 06, 2013
anyibaba50: Guys guess what!!! Just tracked my visa and saw "Processed passport is in Transit to the UK Visa Operation center". Will wait and go on Monday. I submitted on the 23rd of August and I saw this on the 5th of September and I submitted at ABUJA.

I also submitted on the 23rd in Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 7:39am On Sep 06, 2013
Nawa for dis wait oo....17 working days nw .. undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 7:50am On Sep 06, 2013
jubel:

Okay.Congrats in advance.Submitted mine on the 15th Aug @lekki.Still waiting..
On the 15th and u av not heard anything? ...I submitted on 14th aug in ikeja...still waitin too...altho they called me last week to send an additional document which they receievd on tues...its nt easy waitin oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 9:01am On Sep 06, 2013
moufpeas: Nawa for dis wait oo....17 working days nw .. undecided

Me too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 9:03am On Sep 06, 2013
moufpeas:
On the 15th and u av not heard anything? ...I submitted on 14th aug in ikeja...still waitin too...altho they called me last week to send an additional document which they receievd on tues...its nt easy waitin oo

Yes v not heard anything o.Its not easy at all waiting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by marcdeco: 10:47am On Sep 06, 2013
Hi all

I am new on the forum and I urgently need your advices.
I am intending to apply for a tier 4 student visa. I succeeded in gathering the entire money (in a bank account) needed for application on the 02/09 and the beginning date of classes in Aberdeen is on the 30/09. Considering the “28 day rule” and the beginning date what do you suggest me to do?
Wait 28 days and apply on the 30/09 (day of the beginning)?
Or apply on the 16/09? This will give the ukba 2 weeks to process my application and I will be on time if I receive a visa but breaking the 28 days rule
Thanks a lot for your quick reply as deadlines are becoming tight.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2013
marcdeco: Hi all

I am new on the forum and I urgently need your advices.
I am intending to apply for a tier 4 student visa. I succeeded in gathering the entire money (in a bank account) needed for application on the 02/09 and the beginning date of classes in Aberdeen is on the 30/09. Considering the “28 day rule” and the beginning date what do you suggest me to do?
Wait 28 days and apply on the 30/09 (day of the beginning)?
Or apply on the 16/09? This will give the ukba 2 weeks to process my application and I will be on time if I receive a visa but breaking the 28 days rule
Thanks a lot for your quick reply as deadlines are becoming tight.

Do you have the required money in your account? Has the money been there for 28days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by stkelly(m): 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
hi guys please i need some help here, i need to book an appointment for the interview in abuja, but i have an issue with the appointment form, the mandatory part marked with asterix includes an STD code and land line number, can some one clear me on how to fill it, considering the fact i dont have a land line. secondly, i am awaiting a new CAS letter to reflect my "PART" payment, due to tym constraint, do you think i should apply for the appoint with the old CAS number, will the change it in the new letter.
i also want to know if i must pay cash in abuja or can i pay from where i stay, am in owerri.

please bear with me if this has been treated before....tanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
st.kelly:
hi guys please i need some help here, i need to book an appointment for the interview in abuja, but i have an issue with the appointment form, the mandatory part marked with asterix includes an STD code and land line number, can some one clear me on how to fill it, considering the fact i dont have a land line. secondly, i am awaiting a new CAS letter to reflect my "PART" payment, due to tym constraint, do you think i should apply for the appoint with the old CAS number, will the change it in the new letter.
i also want to know if i must pay cash in abuja or can i pay from where i stay, am in owerri.

please bear with me if this has been treated before....tanks
1. For the STD, type 09
2 instead of the landline, type your mobile number
3. You can go ahead and book your appointment while waiting for your updated CAS, given that the CAS number is not gonna change.
4. Pay at the UKVAC, Abuja, during your appointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
jubel:

Yes v not heard anything o.Its not easy at all waiting
I just tracked my application again it says " your application is in transit to visa operation centre"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by stkelly(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
thanks jide, so am guessing that STD number is for the appointment venue, and not my residential code, so if i was heading to lagos for the interview, it would be 01??
sorry abt second guessing you, seeing as your trying to help, just that all this plety visa refusal stories be overshadowing the positive approval gist.. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
moufpeas:
I just tracked my application again it says " your application is in transit to visa operation centre"

Lucky u!Mine hasn't changed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
Guys!just got my visa! My Manchester ladies!where are you at?

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.