Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866886 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2013
Ok that was a good one there. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.
Don Oms:
Which funds in particular? Different people have different views about accessing their money in the UK and you can choose any option.
Personally, I left my whole money in my GTB account. I only came to the UK with 300 GBP. I used the Naira Mastercard to pay my fees installmentally since maximum POS transaction is 1 million naira (over £3500) by CBN. I then opened a UK account and withdraw cash from my naira account at the ATM (charges vary btw 240-450 naira per cash withdrawal) and deposited it into my UK account.
To me, that's a better option because offshore transfer through dorm accounts can be "expensive."
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:49am On Nov 20, 2013
guardian09:
What the embassy officials are interested in seeing is that the funds have been in your account for 28days and the end date of your statement to the date of your applying for your visa shouldn't be longer than a month,so it doesn't matter if its a 2mnths,3mnths or 6mnths bank statement but it should meet the requirement stated above.
Thanks kiss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
hi all, i downloaded an application form for my sister in law to do her masters in manchester metropolitan university,

i am thinking of helping her to fill it, but i realised the form is quiet extensive, they even want a personal statement.

pls how did u guys get round this? i wanted to fill the form for her becos i thot it wud make it faster but their are a lot of

questions i think only she can answer.

also about the transcript, do nigeria schools release these or do they only send it to the school u r appling to?

N B

Manchester metropolitan accepts part payment, and u can pay the last instalment in may.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
bebe2: hi all, i downloaded an application form for my sister in law to do her masters in manchester metropolitan university,

i am thinking of helping her to fill it, but i realised the form is quiet extensive, they even want a personal statement.

pls how did u guys get round this? i wanted to fill the form for her becos i thot it wud make it faster but their are a lot of

questions i think only she can answer.

also about the transcript, do nigeria schools release these or do they only send it to the school u r appling to?

N B

Manchester metropolitan accepts part payment, and u can pay the last instalment in may.

I believe you have answered your own question here (referring to the bold part).
I also believe she should fill her own form completely, maybe, with a little help from you.

For the transcripts, on personal experience, they will stamp it and place a notice on the letter that the student should never see it.
Then, they will give it to the student to send it to the school via post mail. grin

BTW, am talking of ESUT

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 11:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hey Guys, I am a bit confused regards the required maintenance funds; the school I intend applying with stated in the offer letter all I need to show is a 9 months living expenses proof i.e £800 * 9 months and also had come across on this thread sometimes that what is required is a 12 months proof. Can someone pls give the correct info on this as its a bit confusing now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Itstyme: Hey Guys, I am a bit confused regards the required maintenance funds; the school I intend applying with stated in the offer letter all I need to show is a 9 months living expenses proof i.e £800 * 9 months and also had come across on this thread sometimes that what is required is a 12 months proof. Can someone pls give the correct info on this as its a bit confusing now.
9 months is correct
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2013
JideVince:
9 months is correct

Oh yea? Like seriously? Thanks Bruh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 12:44am On Nov 21, 2013
Itstyme:

Oh yea? Like seriously? Thanks Bruh
uwc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 4:13am On Nov 21, 2013
longus tempus...... its been 2months since i left for studies. After all the UKBA wahala.. I finally arrived this dry town..... studies here is no beans ooo... why you prepare for visa also think about how your future in Nigeria after studies.... Dont be decieved by friends.. it not as it appears on holidays and television. Its study study study.. except you want to fail and waste your millions....
Wish everyone apply for Visa goodluck and success.... God will grant all our heart desires...

So far God has been faithful to me.... thanks to Don and Justwise....
HolyBoy.Com..... Cardiff
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 8:07am On Nov 21, 2013
spikes C:

I believe you have answered your own question here (referring to the bold part).
I also believe she should fill her own form completely, maybe, with a little help from you.

For the transcripts, on personal experience, they will stamp it and place a notice on the letter that the student should never see it.
Then, they will give it to the student to send it to the school via post mail. grin

BTW, am talking of ESUT

Imagine grin! My school makes u drop an address and the money for DHL and dy post it themselves. I made them post mine to my agent, and then I requested a copy for visa n other wink purposes..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:35am On Nov 22, 2013
holyboy.com:
longus tempus...... its been 2months since i left for studies. After all the UKBA wahala.. I finally arrived this dry town..... studies here is no beans ooo... why you prepare for visa also think about how your future in Nigeria after studies.... Dont be decieved by friends.. it not as it appears on holidays and television. Its study study study.. except you want to fail and waste your millions....
Wish everyone apply for Visa goodluck and success.... God will grant all our heart desires...

So far God has been faithful to me.... thanks to Don and Justwise....
HolyBoy.Com..... Cardiff
Wow! At last! I replied someone who mentioned you recently about your disappearance on the thread. How's studies? Well, studying has never been a "small" job and that's the reason people open their mouths when you mention a course you're studying especially at a postgraduate level. Nevertheless, one must find balance and do the right things at the right time. That way, you can be on top of your game. All the best bro!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisw29: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2013
HEllo everybody, I need some advices, I want to apply for a tier 4 visa for a postgraduate in kingston university. I am waiting for my CAS. my wife will pay for all my expenses, but on the online application you have the option of an official sponsor and parent or guardian, how can I say that it's my wife who is going to pay? I have her approval letter, our marriage certificate and her bank letter confirming that she has the required amount (20000 £). my second question is that I took my toefl test last october 25th 2013 and I haven't yet received the certificate, I just received the online results, If I apply for the visa with a print out of these online results will that be a bad point for me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IJESA83: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2013
Please help, i ve been admited by one of the UK universities for Msc Accounting and i am to pay £1000 as deposit, please will the embassy requre me to pay the remaining tuition before granting the Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Nov 22, 2013
IJESA83: Please help, i ve been admited by one of the UK universities for Msc Accounting and i am to pay £1000 as deposit, please will the embassy requre me to pay the remaining tuition before granting the Visa?

Do you have the remaining fees in your account plus the maintenance money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:01am On Nov 22, 2013
chrisw29: HEllo everybody, I need some advices, I want to apply for a tier 4 visa for a postgraduate in kingston university. I am waiting for my CAS. my wife will pay for all my expenses, but on the online application you have the option of an official sponsor and parent or guardian, how can I say that it's my wife who is going to pay? I have her approval letter, our marriage certificate and her bank letter confirming that she has the required amount (20000 £). my second question is that I took my toefl test last october 25th 2013 and I haven't yet received the certificate, I just received the online results, If I apply for the visa with a print out of these online results will that be a bad point for me?

Is that the only 3 options available?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisw29: 11:06am On Nov 22, 2013
Yes Justwise , these are the only option that I have
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2013
chrisw29: HEllo everybody, I need some advices, I want to apply for a tier 4 visa for a postgraduate in kingston university. I am waiting for my CAS. my wife will pay for all my expenses, but on the online application you have the option of an official sponsor and parent or guardian, how can I say that it's my wife who is going to pay? I have her approval letter, our marriage certificate and her bank letter confirming that she has the required amount (20000 £). my second question is that I took my toefl test last october 25th 2013 and I haven't yet received the certificate, I just received the online results, If I apply for the visa with a print out of these online results will that be a bad point for me?

Hello Chris, the best thing to do is to tell your wife to transfer all the money to your account and you'll state you're sponsoring yourself...that way you'll avoid unnecessary stories. Best of luck bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisw29: 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
Thank you adamsjosef, the problem is that the courses start in january and I have to apply for visa not later than the begining of december otherwise i won't have my visa on time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
chrisw29: Thank you adamsjosef, the problem is that the courses start in january and I have to apply for visa not later than the begining of december otherwise i won't have my visa on time.
The earlier you make the transfer the better. Assuming the trf is made next week,by ending of december u must have made your 28day count and then apply 4 ur Visa although you might get it pretty late but I believe it is worth a shot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisw29: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Yeas I guess you are right, how about the TOEFL, if I print the online results do you think that it will be fine? because I talked with ETS guys, they told me that it will take time o deliver the certificate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 5:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
holyboy.com:
Dont be decieved by friends.. it not as it appears on holidays and television. Its study study study.. except you want to fail and waste your millions....
HolyBoy.Com..... Cardiff

I wish that everyone should read this BEFORE going to school.
So many think that they will be working and then studying in their spare time!
We have even had people 6 months pregnant planning to have baby, work and also study.

How many of these burn up all their money and then hide as illegal rather than return home to face family and friends?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
Makenzie0133: Hello guys,pls I need Ur advice for my friend.He applied for UK visiting visa to visit his broda in UK bt he was refused with reason dat he is not married and doesn't have anythng that could make him want to return home.The problem now is that he's processing a university admission in UK now against september nxt year.So he want to knw if there could be any problem cos of the initial refusal.Will it not look as if he is desperate to go to UK.Pls I need Ur candid opinion.Thnks
there wont be any problem as long as he submits the relevant documents and claims his 40 points( 30 CAS, 10 maintenance)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
chrisw29: Yeas I guess you are right, how about the TOEFL, if I print the online results do you think that it will be fine? because I talked with ETS guys, they told me that it will take time o deliver the certificate

Normally, in your application form, they will require that u tick that you will be attaching the original certificate as evidence of your English language capabilities. This might be a problem sha, but still attach the internet copy and the email from the ETS guys stating the length of time that it will take. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
worry 359:

I wish that everyone should read this BEFORE going to school.
So many think that they will be working and then studying in their spare time!
We have even had people 6 months pregnant planning to have baby, work and also study.

How many of these burn up all their money and then hide as illegal rather than return home to face family and friends?

Well, if your visa allows you to work 20 hours a week during term time(and unlimited during holidays), you can. If you work more than 20hours during term time, your visa will be cancelled. and if you really want to make good grades and earn a scholarship, u may consider only working during holidays, cos during term time, you'll have a lot of uni work, trust me. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
IJESA83: Please help, i ve been admited by one of the UK universities for Msc Accounting and i am to pay £1000 as deposit, please will the embassy requre me to pay the remaining tuition before granting the Visa?
no, they will not require you to pay the remaining tuition fee, as long as it is in your account, as well as the maintenance money. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 11:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
Please guys, how did you sort your accommodation, I'm waiting for my 28days before applying. But i want to know the embassy's stand on accommodation, do I get to pay it first before applying or can I pay after and do I need to show them any address I'll be staying in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 12:36am On Nov 23, 2013
Guzye: Please guys, how did you sort your accommodation, I'm waiting for my 28days before applying. But i want to know the embassy's stand on accommodation, do I get to pay it first before applying or can I pay after and do I need to show them any address I'll be staying in the UK?
U DONT RELY NID TO SORT OUT UR HOUSING, BUT U MUST SHOW FUNDS FOR IT. YES, U NEED TO SHOW THEM THAT UR ADDRESS IN THE UK WILL BE UR SKOOL
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 1:18am On Nov 23, 2013
jcaribie:
U DONT RELY NID TO SORT OUT UR HOUSING, BUT U MUST SHOW FUNDS FOR IT. YES, U NEED TO SHOW THEM THAT UR ADDRESS IN THE UK WILL BE UR SKOOL
thanks for your help but what accommodation do i need to show at least for the first few nights i'm there before renting my apartment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 1:31am On Nov 23, 2013
Guzye: thanks for your help but what accommodation do i need to show at least for the first few nights i'm there before renting my apartment?
u don't need to show any.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:45am On Nov 23, 2013
Guzye: thanks for your help but what accommodation do i need to show at least for the first few nights i'm there before renting my apartment?
Just use your Schools' International office address or that of your school. You may then stay anywhere (like a hotel) while you sort out accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:54am On Nov 23, 2013
chrisw29: Yeas I guess you are right, how about the TOEFL, if I print the online results do you think that it will be fine? because I talked with ETS guys, they told me that it will take time o deliver the certificate
jcaribie has given you a good advice. More often than not, when you explain things in your application, the ECO will most likely contact you for clarifications than outright visa refusal because they don't understand one thing or the other.
So, you can send in the online print result (which clearly has all your info since they will verify online) and an Introduction letter in which you state the reason you don't have the original result. The email print-off of ETS's reply can be attached too.
As for your wife being your sponsor, I want to believe it is possible so try to make enquiries. Although, it is best if you have the money in your account. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.