Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,932 members, 7,848,777 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (867857 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 4:05am On Nov 30, 2013
I tried booking an appointment and I was ask to provide a landline number which is mandatory and I don't have dat, how do I go abt it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 6:07am On Nov 30, 2013
xteeeee: I tried booking an appointment and I was ask to provide a landline number which is mandatory and I don't have dat, how do I go abt it
Use your mobile number type in the initial 08 then your mobile number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 7:07am On Nov 30, 2013
I am still battling with the online visa application and came across these questions which seem a little confusing.
I have provided the questions and answers I have decided to give below. Pls feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
1. Have u been assessed by the sponsor by other means, for example references or a portfolio of artwork?
If yes, provide details.
Ans: I provided 2 academic references to the sponsor. They were both my lecturers during the period of my study for a bachelor's degree.

2. Pls indicate how you meet the minimum English Language requirement relevant to your course of study
Ans: Your sponsor is a Higher Education Institution and has made its own assessment of your English language ability.
**there are other options but I think this effectively covers it as my sponsor listed on the cas that no proof should be requested as they have assessed me and are satisfied.

3. Have any of your course fees been paid?
Ans: Yes--Paid to a UK education provider.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 7:11am On Nov 30, 2013
In my cas I was requested to submit just my bachelor's certificate. I am quite happy with doing just that but I have a rather small problem. The year of birth on my waec certificate is wrong. It was increased by 1yr e.g instead of 2012 they wrote 2013. I have an affidavit covering this but since the waec certificate wasn't mentioned in my cas is there any need to include it with the affidavit just to correct the discrepancy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agabaI23(m): 8:15am On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized: I am still battling with the online visa application and came across these questions which seem a little confusing.
I have provided the questions and answers I have decided to give below. Pls feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
1. Have u been assessed by the sponsor by other means, for example references or a portfolio of artwork?
If yes, provide details.
Ans: I provided 2 academic references to the sponsor. They were both my lecturers during the period of my study for a bachelor's degree.

2. Pls indicate how you meet the minimum English Language requirement relevant to your course of study
Ans: Your sponsor is a Higher Education Institution and has made its own assessment of your English language ability.
**there are other options but I think this effectively covers it as my sponsor listed on the cas that no proof should be requested as they have assessed me and are satisfied.

3. Have any of your course fees been paid?
Ans: Yes--Paid to a UK education provider.
Hi, Your answers are correct. Be confident!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agabaI23(m): 8:20am On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized: In my cas I was requested to submit just my bachelor's certificate. I am quite happy with doing just that but I have a rather small problem. The year of birth on my waec certificate is wrong. It was increased by 1yr e.g instead of 2012 they wrote 2013. I have an affidavit covering this but since the waec certificate wasn't mentioned in my cas is there any need to include it with the affidavit just to correct the discrepancy?

Did you include it when you applied for admission? Does your school have a copy of it?

Is it not possible to get it corrected? Waec can always do it for a fee. That saves you the confusion.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 9:31am On Nov 30, 2013
agabaI23:

Did you include it when you applied for admission? Does your school have a copy of it?

Is it not possible to get it corrected? Waec can always do it for a fee. That saves you the confusion.

I did not include the affidavit in my school application. I already have an affidavit to support it and also have my original birth certificate.
My point is that since the school did not have an issue with it (am sure they didn't even noticed) and waec certificate wasn't among the requested document stated in my cas there may be no need including it.
More comments will be appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agabaI23(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized:
I did not include the affidavit in my school application. I already have an affidavit to support it and also have my original birth certificate.
My point is that since the school did not have an issue with it (am sure they didn't even noticed) and waec certificate wasn't among the requested document stated in my cas there may be no need including it.
More comments will be appreciated.
Leave it out.

But I advise that you go get it corrected except there is something more to it. If it is WAEC problem, it can be sorted. You may get through without trouble now but in the future, who knows who might detect it.

If you are dealing with the British, leave nothing to chance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 10:33am On Nov 30, 2013
agabaI23:
Leave it out.

But I advise that you go get it corrected except there is something more to it. If it is WAEC problem, it can be sorted. You may get through without trouble now but in the future, who knows who might detect it.

If you are dealing with the British, leave nothing to chance.
Thanks. Definitely WAEC error. Felt it was insignificant. I just noticed it few months back. It was stated 03-Oct-1990 instead of 03-Oct-1989.
This seem to be a slight error that cld be ignored. However, i have a sworn affidavit correcting this mistake.
I dont know if i can have waec correct it before i travel but will see about that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 11:00am On Nov 30, 2013
Thanks. Iafter all delibrations with my school they finally agreed to use the debit card payment system.but I don't expect the card rate to be @266 NIRA to a pound using that meghod . that's really bad of banks in Nigeria. I don't see their function in rendering proper good services that over all pays their customer.
royalsweetness:
I paid with my GTB debit card at the beginning of this week, and I was charged 266 naira per GBP, it broke my heart. Not such a money-wise option afterall

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
I have submitted my visa application online and booked an appointment for submission/interview @ d vfs center for 5th Dec. My maintenance funds will complete 28 days on Dec 3rd and i hope to print my account statement that same day or on 4th of Dec (playing safe grin).
I elected to pay the visa application fee at the visa center instead of online just so I don't enter "one chance" in case I was too forward.
I hope this is not a problem considering the fact that today is 5 days away from the visa appointment date i scheduled (Dec 5th) and I am yet to print my statement of account to show proof of funds?
Pls if u feel there is a problem what are my options?
Finally, I saw $492 as visa application fee. What is the supposed rate in Naira? I remember reading somewhere it is rated at N170. Correct me if am wrong.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agabaI23(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized: I have submitted my visa application online and booked an appointment for submission/interview @ d vfs center for 5th Dec. My maintenance funds will complete 28 days on Dec 3rd and i hope to print my account statement that same day or on 4th of Dec (playing safe grin).
I elected to pay the visa application fee at the visa center instead of online just so I don't enter "one chance" in case I was too forward.
I hope this is not a problem considering the fact that today is 5 days away from the visa appointment date i scheduled (Dec 5th) and I am yet to print my statement of account to show proof of funds?
Finally, I saw $492 as visa application fee. What is the supposed rate in Naira? I remember reading somewhere it is rated at N170. Correct me if am wrong.
You saw $? It should be in GBP. If not be careful the website you are in.
You can print a day before, it won't change anything as long the minimum amount of money has been there for a minimum of 28 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized: I have submitted my visa application online and booked an appointment for submission/interview @ d vfs center for 5th Dec. My maintenance funds will complete 28 days on Dec 3rd and i hope to print my account statement that same day or on 4th of Dec (playing safe grin).

Price was quoted in dollars. At d vfs it was 80,460naira..
royalsweetness:
Ok thanks, probably a good thing you are ahead of me so I can direct all my questions at you when I start tongue. RGU, you?

Lol, feel free to ask. Am going to Bradford...
Online Mastercard payment still remains d cheapest method, gtb gave me a rate of 266 abt 2 wks ago. D only advice is dt u may want to try oda banks cos I heard their rates are better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
miz Gene:

Price was quoted in dollars. At d vfs it was 80,460naira..

Lol, feel free to ask. Am going to Bradford...
Online Mastercard payment still remains d cheapest method, gtb gave me a rate of 266 abt 2 wks ago. D only advice is dt u may want to try oda banks cos I heard their rates are better.
What are the questions you where asked at the visa center?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pls do I still need to fill d appendix 8 form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
xteeeee: Pls do I still need to fill d appendix 8 form
Yep,I did that and submitted it with my online form last monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized:
Why you want to study the course? Why you picked the university you intend studying? And why you want to study in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
guardian09:
Why you want to study the course? Why you picked the university you intend studying? And why you want to study in the UK.
Thank you; thank you and thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized:

same questions asked guardian..plus how will the msc affect ur career?..
@xteeee yes, appendix 8 is still necessary.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
miz Gene:

Is it a face 2 face conversation or via skype?
Sorry for the further questions. One needs to b fully equipped so as to nail it at first attempt.
Also hw did you attach your passport to the visa application form? Should I gum, staple or use a clip to hold it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
miz Gene:

Should the print out of appendix 8 be in coloured or black & white?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agabaI23(m): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized:
Should the print out of appendix 8 be in coloured or black & white?
Black and white is OK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
bunburized:
Is it a face 2 face conversation or via skype?
Sorry for the further questions. One needs to b fully equipped so as to nail it at first attempt.
Also hw did you attach your passport to the visa application form? Should I gum, staple or use a clip to hold it?

video conference ish just like skype..
u shd use gum, dy will attach it for u at the vfs though if u dont attach it urself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 7:25am On Dec 01, 2013
miz Gene:

video conference ish just like skype..
u shd use gum, dy will attach it for u at the vfs though if u dont attach it urself.
Is the passport specification enforced? Exactly how many do i need?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2013
bunburized:
Is the passport specification enforced? Exactly how many do i need?
Naa it isn't, just use a normal size white background passport photo. I bliv just one is what u need.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2013
miz Gene:
Naa it isn't, just use a normal size white background passport photo. I bliv just one is what u need.
Ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 10:26am On Dec 01, 2013
I just printed out my completed visa application form and noticed an anomaly.
Under the visa applicant contact details section it is reflecting on the "Applicants(Landline) Telephone" 441612955000 which is the phone number of the University I gained admission to.
The "Mobile/Cellular" field is blank.
It seem they had picked up this information from the "What is the main address of where you will be staying whilst in the UK" field as that is the only place I wrote the University's contact details under the TRAVEL INFO section.
My questions are:
1. Can I use a pen to write my mobile number on the printed visa application form since that field is blank?
2. Can I edit the landline number to reflect mine or it can be rectified at the VFS centre if I bring it to their notice?
3. What exactly is the VAF9 form for and am I suppose to fill and submit that too? I know I will fill the Appendix 8 form but not certain about the VAF9 form. I had assumed it is the offline format of the visa application form.
4. Where an error is made in the completed visa application form what are the available remedies. Whether pre, during or post visiting the VFS centre?
5. My course start date is Jan 20th. I filled this as the date I will like to travel. I am beginning to think that was an error on my part as i would av preferred arriving UK atleast a week earlier. Will the approved visa length take this into consideration or they will just issue based on what I filled in the form?
I will appreciate a honest and informed opinion on the above.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2013
bunburized: I just printed out my completed visa application form and noticed an anomaly.
Under the visa applicant contact details section it is reflecting on the "Applicants(Landline) Telephone" 441612955000 which is the phone number of the University I gained admission to.
The "Mobile/Cellular" field is blank.
It seem they had picked up this information from the "What is the main address of where you will be staying whilst in the UK" field as that is the only place I wrote the University's contact details under the TRAVEL INFO section.
My questions are:
1. Can I use a pen to write my mobile number on the printed visa application form since that field is blank?
2. Can I edit the landline number to reflect mine or it can be rectified at the VFS centre if I bring it to their notice?
3. What exactly is the VAF9 form for and am I suppose to fill and submit that too? I know I will fill the Appendix 8 form but not certain about the VAF9 form. I had assumed it is the offline format of the visa application form.
4. Where an error is made in the completed visa application form what are the available remedies. Whether pre, during or post visiting the VFS centre?
I will appreciate a honest and informed opinion on the above.
1. Leave it as it is
2. Leave it as it is
3. I still filled a Va9 form and submitted with the app 8 form.
4. Once you click on submit form you can not make any change on it that's why you can review your details before you submit your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 10:57am On Dec 01, 2013
guardian09:
1. Leave it as it is
2. Leave it as it is
3. I still filled a Va9 form and submitted with the app 8 form.
4. Once you click on submit form you can not make any change on it that's why you can review your details before you submit your application.
My course start date is Jan 20th. I filled this as the date I will like to travel. I am beginning to think that was an error on my part as i would av preferred arriving UK atleast a week earlier. Will the approved visa length take this into consideration or they will just issue based on what I filled in the form?
Since you say I can fill the VAF9 form can I write a different choice of arrival date there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
bunburized:
My course start date is Jan 20th. I filled this as the date I will like to travel. I am beginning to think that was an error on my part as i would av preferred arriving UK atleast a week earlier. Will the approved visa length take this into consideration or they will just issue based on what I filled in the form?
Since you say I can fill the VAF9 form can I write a different choice of arrival date there?
Use same date, better to keep all info d same. I'm almost certain dy will give u a date earlier than dt anyway.
Abt d contact no, I noticed it in mine too. I think u shd just ignore it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
bunburized:
Thanks. Definitely WAEC error. Felt it was insignificant. I just noticed it few months back. It was stated 03-Oct-1990 instead of 03-Oct-1989.
This seem to be a slight error that cld be ignored. However, i have a sworn affidavit correcting this mistake.
I dont know if i can have waec correct it before i travel but will see about that.
i have similar problem with my waec but mine was misspelling mistake in my name, my cas stated only my degree which is the only thing i submitted and get my visa after 20 working days , my nephew too don't submitted waec and got his visa in 10 working days but i read in this forum that a guy don't submitted his waec they called him after 10 days and ask him to bring it UKBA, so not submitting of waec will not get you a denial but might take you long gym to get your visa and on the other hand submitting waec with different date of birth might get you a ban for some years
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello, after filling the appendix 8 there is an instruction below that states as follows "ensure also to complete the personal detail form VAF9 either on paper or online" so with this is it still important to submits the VAF9

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.