Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,035 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868930 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
yeah, the news seems to have gone viral May 2013, but am still yet to find close-by centers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 10:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
[quote
author=negal]

The Migration Assessment Center @ abj is 20900. And I was issued my visa
without it but adviced to get the TB certificate stuff b4 travelling.
[/quote] dnt forget i wrote dat it took effect on january 2, 2014. And i am sure u must av applied bfore dis date dats why u were not told to do d test. but to people who av not done d test and av gotten dier visa, i tink u peeps also need to do d test to gain entry to d country according to wat i heard.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
spikes C:

now, this is disheartning.
Must one book for it in advance or can i just go there and get done with it. hope it doesn't take time too
u need to go book oh! cauz dey rilli lot of peeps dey wana do d test. so go book ur place. go along with ur international passport and 2 passport photograph and ur verification of payment slip dat u paid at d bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 10:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
[quote
author=wilzz26]I have checked the ukba website and i dont seem to
find any where nigerian tier 4 aplicants had to take tb testing. And if
one must a test i dont i have to go and pay any stupid organization
22k for a tb test. For me its my millons am paying to their economy. If
their wahala is gettng too much i will rather collect my full tition
back and and apply else where. [/quote] lol. bro dont panic... just go do ur tb test. it necessary
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 10:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Guzye:

if I go on saturday can I get booked for next week too?
dey dnt work on weekends just only weekdays. monday to thursdays 8:30am to 12pm. and fridays 8am to 9am. so u gats go on time cauz dem policy many
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
kellyemms: u need to go book oh! cauz dey rilli lot of peeps dey wana do d test. so go book ur place. go along with ur international passport and 2 passport photograph and ur verification of payment slip dat u paid at d bank

I wanna get to lagos a few days before my interview. This would now cause me to travel earlier. Do you know how many days i should like book in advance?
Seems i will also have to call them on monday to get some clarifications
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
[quote
author=spikes C]

I wanna get to lagos a few days before my interview. This would now
cause me to travel earlier. Do you know how many days i should like book
in advance?
Seems i will also have to call them on monday to get some
clarifications[/quote] d best tin is for u to call deir mobile to get d necessary info u need
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 11:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
citi bank is not in my area oh for me to pay for my tb test, im tinkin of transfering the tb test fee from my firstbank account to d IOM citi bank account. den i show dem d transfer slip. can i do dat?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 12:26am On Jan 04, 2014
I hv gone thru d home office page from the link, I can't find Nija on that tb certificate list, do I need glasses or something?
It would be a miracle though if we r not der...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:09am On Jan 04, 2014
miz Gene: I hv gone thru d home office page from the link, I can't find Nija on that tb certificate list, do I need glasses or something?

Was saying the same thing when i saw that link but yet to see Nigeria listed there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by swaggzflow(m): 3:36am On Jan 04, 2014
miz Gene: I hv gone thru d home office page from the link, I can't find Nija on that tb certificate list, do I need glasses or something?

Did not see nigeria on the list too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 5:12am On Jan 04, 2014
if you follow the first link posted by @Guyze the first paragraph says "[/b]students from Nigeria are now required to provide a tb screening certificate as part of their visa requirements"[b] if you double check am sure you will see it.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 5:13am On Jan 04, 2014
] i am also yer to seeNigeria on that list oo. Nigeria is not a tb prevalence contry and i know for sure that if all tier 4 applicants are tested it will be verry difficult to get 1 out of 100 with tuberculosis. This is another scam on Nigerians by the british goverment. Two yers ago it was english language test now for us whoes first and official language is english and to top it all a British colony. If Jamaica could be exempted from english languge test i wonder why Nigeria should be on that list. If they were to be sincere with them selfs is Nigeria rated by the WHO as a tb nation? And why do i have to get tested and pay in their own specified organization? Too many questions begging for answers. The british government is takng us for a ride. 22K plus visa fee of 80k plus meaning its a 122k t there about for student visa application and still didnt mention the pearson test of english language fee of 30k plus. So a total of 150k plus is needed to make a tier 4 application. The British government is in no way bettter than the Nigerian goverment in terms of making life difficult for people. Didn't tbey realize that we tier 4 students contribute to their economy due to educational tourisim. Things has really got to change as we can not continue to be exploited like this.

Did not see nigeria on the list too.[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 5:22am On Jan 04, 2014
mrkossy: the link posted is not a ukba site its another kind of link like that not ukba site.
if you follow the first link posted by @Guyze the first paragraph says "[/b]students from Nigeria are now required to provide a tb screening certificate as part of their visa requirements"[b] if you double check am sure you will see it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 5:25am On Jan 04, 2014
wilzz26: ] i am also yer to seeNigeria on that list oo. Nigeria is not a tb prevalence contry and i know for sure that if all tier 4 applicants are tested it will be verry difficult to get 1 out of 100 with tuberculosis. This is another scam on Nigerians by the british goverment. Two yers ago it was english language test now for us whoes first and official language is english and to top it all a British colony. If Jamaica could be exempted from english languge test i wonder why Nigeria should be on that list. If they were to be sincere with them selfs is Nigeria rated by the WHO as a tb nation? And why do i have to get tested and pay in their own specified organization? Too many questions begging for answers. The british government is takng us for a ride. 22K plus visa fee of 80k plus meaning its a 122k t there about for student visa application and still didnt mention the pearson test of english language fee of 30k plus. So a total of 150k plus is needed to make a tier 4 application. The British government is in no way bettter than the Nigerian goverment in terms of making life difficult for people. Didn't tbey realize that we tier 4 students contribute to their economy due to educational tourisim. Things has really got to change as we can not continue to be exploited like this.

Yea Nigeria is not on the list but then its right on the first paragraph before you even get to the list. I understand your frustration matter of fact we all are but the bottom line is, if they say you should do it just do it they just want to make it very difficult for Nigerian students for a reason only them knows. But i will advise you to do it cos if you went through all the stress of paying the school fees, living some in your account, visa fees and even ready to buy a ticket that mean you are determined to study and plz don't let the 22k ruin all that for you. Just do it and it will catch up with them one day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 5:30am On Jan 04, 2014
[quote author=wilzz26][/quote]
honestly i don't know anything about the tb thing but the fact is i wont put it pass the UKBA cos they ve always wanted a way to frustrate Nija students. But i think the best thing is to contact your agent that's if you applied through ab agent i am thinking he/she will know better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 5:36am On Jan 04, 2014
mrkossy:
Still can't find us der! Do a snapshot n show us pls.
@ swaggzflow to be honest I think Nigeria shd b der because of our population of hiv carriers, wherever hiv is,der u will find tb.not like we r d worst hiv nation, but our massive population makes d percentage of hiv significant. I am not 100% sure dt wat I am saying is still the current situation cos I am using info dt is a few years old,i stand to b corrected (with current data proof oo tongue.)

Also 150k is even still 'ok', did u see dt some countries like cote d'ivore are compelled to get to other countries like Ghanadts at LEAST like 70k flight alone,hotel,feeding n time,energy, stress not included o.angry undecided very annoying I must say.
I'll be travelling without dt cert,dont believe those with visa already are going to be affected cos d site says d cert is to be presented at point of application, will let u all know how it goes cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 5:37am On Jan 04, 2014
wilzz26: ] i am also yer to seeNigeria on that list oo. Nigeria is not a tb prevalence contry and i know for sure that if all tier 4 applicants are tested it will be verry difficult to get 1 out of 100 with tuberculosis. This is another scam on Nigerians by the british goverment. Two yers ago it was english language test now for us whoes first and official language is english and to top it all a British colony. If Jamaica could be exempted from english languge test i wonder why Nigeria should be on that list. If they were to be sincere with them selfs is Nigeria rated by the WHO as a tb nation? And why do i have to get tested and pay in their own specified organization? Too many questions begging for answers. The british government is takng us for a ride. 22K plus visa fee of 80k plus meaning its a 122k t there about for student visa application and still didnt mention the pearson test of english language fee of 30k plus. So a total of 150k plus is needed to make a tier 4 application. The British government is in no way bettter than the Nigerian goverment in terms of making life difficult for people. Didn't tbey realize that we tier 4 students contribute to their economy due to educational tourisim. Things has really got to change as we can not continue to be exploited like this.

if you remember that was how they came up with yellow fever card until WHO declared Nigeria a yellow fever free country now they ve come up with Tb bullshit again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 5:41am On Jan 04, 2014
miz Gene:
@ swaggzflow to be honest I think Nigeria shd b der because of our population of hiv carriers, wherever hiv is,der u will find tb.not like we r d worst hiv nation, but our massive population makes d percentage of hiv significant. I am not 100% sure dt wat I am saying is still the current situation cos I am using info dt is a few years old,i stand to b corrected (with current data proof oo tongue.)
Also 150k is even still 'ok', did u see dt some countries like cote d'ivore are compelled to get to other countries like Ghanadts at LEAST like 70k flight alone,hotel,feeding n time,energy, stress not included o.angry undecided very annoying I must say.
I'll be travelling without dt cert,dont believe those with visa already are going to be affected cos d site says d cert is to be presented at point of application, will let u all know how it goes cool
sorry cant really di a snap shot cos am using a windows phone. (i know this is out of line but for the record windows phone is pure crap. And windows 8 is useless too) what i will do i ll copy what i saw and i will paste it so you ll see.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 5:45am On Jan 04, 2014
mrkossy:
sorry cant really di a snap shot cos am using a windows phone. (i know this is out of line but for the record windows phone is pure crap. And windows 8 is useless too) what i will do i ll copy what i saw and i will paste it so you ll see.
Loool@ ur phone, don't worry though, I hv seen it now, but it's on d UKEAS site alone not on d home office . I love UKEAS but I think dy may hv just messed up. I will tk dt info with a pinch of salt for now until proven otherwise..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 5:54am On Jan 04, 2014
miz Gene:
Loool@ ur phone, don't worry though, I hv seen it now, but it's on d UKEAS site alone not on d home office . I love UKEAS but I think dy may hv just messed up. I will tk dt info with a pinch of salt for now until proven otherwise..
Yea... like i said if you applied through an agent i think they will be in a position to know better
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 04, 2014
Anyone with ELTS study materials in pdf format? Kindly assist with it. You can pm me for my details pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:35am On Jan 04, 2014
miz Gene:

Excellent reply!!, thank God for people like you who sees beyond sentiment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:40am On Jan 04, 2014

Yes!!

WHO:
TB is still a major public health problem in Nigeria, with the country ranking 5th among the 22 high TB burden countries which collectively bear 80% of the global burden of TB. The number of TB cases notified in the country increased from 31,264 in 2002 to 90,307 in 2008; more than 450,000 TB cases have been successfully treated free of charge in the past 5 years in Nigeria. The TB burden in Nigeria is further compounded by the ongoing HIV/AIDS epidemic and the emergence of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB).

http://www.afro.who.int/en/nigeria/country-programmes/aids-tb-and-malaria.html
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 7:43am On Jan 04, 2014
justwise:

Excellent reply!!, thank God for people like you who sees beyond sentiment.

cheesy wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2014
miz Gene:

You will be fine, yrs ago my first visit to the UK i was tested right there at the airport, i was not even coming from Nigeria, everyone of us in that flight was delayed for about 2hrs going through the x-ray. Its nothing new and not targeted at Nigerians alone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2014
justwise:

You will be fine, yrs ago my first visit to the UK i was tested right there at the airport, i was not even coming from Nigeria, everyone of us in that flight was delayed for about 2hrs going through the x-ray. Its nothing new and not targeted at Nigerians alone.

Exactly! Ds is what I would expect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:09am On Jan 04, 2014
i was told to go do d tb test wen i went to submit my application. to do d screenin test it requires payin d fee to deir citi bank account. citi bank is not in my area and it very far frm whr i stay, i am tinkin of transferring d money from my first bank account to deir citi bank account. den i show dem d transfer transaction slip at d IOM. can i do it dis way?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 8:20am On Jan 04, 2014
spikes C: pls, those that got their visa between 2 to 6 business days, where did u submit it?

did the visa actually get to vfs within those days or was there also a waiting time before you can collect it.

Mine was exactly 8working days

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.