Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,069 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868937 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
hello peeps my 28days count ended yesterday friday 3rd and i deposited little amount into my account same day too. i was suppose to fill my application on dat same friday and submit next week monday. but due to d tb issue i was unable to fill my application dat friday. i need money to pay for d tb test, my maintainance and remainin tuition is 2.5m and i av more dan dat 2.5m in my acc. can i withdraw frm it for my tb test. also my test wil hold next week tuesday, and wil fill my visa application dat same tue den go submit at d embassy on wednesday. do i stil need to deposit little amount again to my account bfore i print d statement on tuesday. or since i deposited d little amount on d 28th day which is 3rd january i should just print d statement frm d day i begin counting to next week tues.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gonelsystems: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
justwise:

To avoid making things difficult for yourself leave the money in your account and forget about the legal guardians and court statement thing.

You are only expected to have maintenance money for the first year of your course.

Thanks!! For the tuition fees, should it be for the 2yr period or only the first year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
kellyemms: hello peeps my 28days count ended yesterday friday 3rd and i deposited little amount into my account same day too. i was suppose to fill my application on dat same friday and submit next week monday. but due to d tb issue i was unable to fill my application dat friday. i need money to pay for d tb test, my maintainance and remainin tuition is 2.5m and i av more dan dat 2.5m in my acc. can i withdraw frm it for my tb test. also my test wil hold next week tuesday, and wil fill my visa application dat same tue den go submit at d embassy on wednesday. do i stil need to deposit little amount again to my account bfore i print d statement on tuesday. or since i deposited d little amount on d 28th day which is 3rd january i should just print d statement frm d day i begin counting to next week tues.

Yes, you can withdraw money from the account for your TB Test as long as you have sufficient balance equal to or greater than the required money for visa processing.

The idea about depositing money before printing Bank Statement is to show beyond doubt that the required money remains in the account. So whether it is a deposit or withdrawal, just ensure there is a transaction made a day or two before you print your statement and preferably within three days of submitting your application.
P.S: For the sake of others, the deposit-before-printing 'thing' is only a piece of advice to ensure you avoid any form of 'unclear' refusals associated with required money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mukykaffe: 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
kellyemms: yup u must do d tb test before goin to d Embassy else dey wil not collect ur documents...
wat of if I did it on monday can I get it on tuesday so dat I wil go to d embassy wit it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: TB or No TB palava...
Nigerians traveling to the UK for a lengthy period of time had hitherto been exempted from providing a TB certificate unlike Ghana and some other African countries. Unfortunately as it is now, that is changing.
While preparing to come to the UK for studies a few months ago, I got this e-mail from my school who demanded I get a TB certificate before traveling to the UK:

email in part: We are advised by the UK medical authorities that students coming to the UK from the following areas of the world (regardless of nationality) may be required to be screened for TB when they arrive –
· Africa
· India
· Bangladesh
· Pakistan
· Indonesia
end of email

Although I didn't get the TB certificate done, I had an x-ray (for TB) taken and came to the UK with it. The only question I was asked at the Point of Entry was if I had TB or if any member of my family have ever had it, and to which I replied in the negative (I also filled a form where I had to write "NO" and I signed it). On arriving at my school for registration, my school arranged I visit a TB-Certificate-check stand (as part of registration). The lady I talked with told me a TB certificate was part of the requirement for visa if one is coming from Nigeria and I argued with her it was false. So, although I didn't go with either x-ray or TB certificate, she allowed me go on with registration after I used my mildly "tuish voice" to convince and not to confuse her about her false stand (showing I'm TB-free grin wink cool); and then later opened up that it was only a requirement to contain the disease and stuff.

My Point? If you're planning on applying for UK visa anytime in the near future, then plan to have a TB test done (apparently, it is now a requirement as Kellyemms mentioned) but if you have your visa and you're coming to the UK (miz gene and co), then don't bother about the test but note you may be asked about it and be ready to prove it wasn't a requirement for you to get your visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gonelsystems: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
Please do I make available in my account statement sufficient funds for my first year tuition fees or two years tuition fee if my program is to last for two years
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
gonelsystems:

Thanks!! For the tuition fees, should it be for the 2yr period or only the first year

Just 1st year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
gonelsystems: Please do I make available in my account statement sufficient funds for my first year tuition fees or two years tuition fee if my program is to last for two years

One year will be ohk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
mukykaffe:
wat of if I did it on monday can I get it on tuesday so dat I wil go to d embassy wit it
go to d test center or call dem dat dey should book u for d test. but i doubt if u wil b able to do it on monday bcauz lots of people av already booked for monday and tuesday... wednesday mayb available for u so go dere or u call dem..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
[quoteauthor=Don Oms]

Yes, you can withdraw money from the account for your TB Test as long as
you have sufficient balance equal to or greater than the required money
for visa processing.

The idea about depositing money before printing Bank Statement is to
show beyond doubt that the required money remains in the account. So
whether it is a deposit or withdrawal, just ensure there is a
transaction made a day or two before you print your statement and
preferably within three days of submitting your application.
P.S: For the sake of others, the deposit-before-printing 'thing' is only
a piece of advice to ensure you avoid any form of 'unclear' refusals
associated with required money. [/quote]
noted.... will withdraw from my account next
week monday to pay for d test and print statement on thursday also apply online for visa on dat same thursday den go submit documents on
friday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
bunburized:
Thanks. I really do appreciate.
When are you leaving the country (nigeria)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agabaI23(m): 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
morr1tz: My bother submitted his visa application at Abuja just two days ago and this morning received this email from ukba;;

Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

I thought the process takes up to two weeks. When I applied last year mine took about 8 working days and I thought they don't state whether the visa approval status normally.

Has anyone experienced this b4
You should track your bros app online.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
kellyemms: noted.... will withdraw from my account next
week monday to pay for d test and print statement on thursday also apply online for visa on dat same thursday den go submit documents on
friday
That's okay. But if you like, you may make a transaction on Wednesday if you want to print your statement on Thursday. You could just pay in any amount...even if it is #200. But if you don't make any transaction, you'll be fine anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 2:41am On Jan 05, 2014
guardian09:
When are you leaving the country (nigeria)
17th Jan. and u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 4:07am On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized:
17th Jan. and u?
19th Jan I had sent you a pm just follow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 6:27am On Jan 05, 2014
guardian09:
19th Jan I had sent you a pm just follow.
Are we heading for same place?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 6:51am On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized:
Are we heading for same place?
No we are not going to the same,...am asking you follow me too on nairaland so its easier getting in touch with you via pm in future thats all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 6:54am On Jan 05, 2014
I settled for an Air France return ticket. I hope to be back in Nigeria for the Xmas. I will be putting up with a friend until I can sort out my accommodation issue. That is the address I will be writing on the Landing card. Does that pose a problem?
If am asked at the point of entry should I say it is a temporary arrangement pending when I get mine or just skip the detail and say dat will be my aboard?
I will also appreciate comments and suggestions from anyone with experience flying Air France.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:17am On Jan 05, 2014
Don Oms:
That's okay. But if you like, you may make a transaction on Wednesday if
you want to print your statement on Thursday. You could just pay in any
amount...even if it is #200. But if you don't make any transaction,
you'll be fine anyway.

okay bro... tanks so much, i appreciate... u always dere for me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2014
guardian09:
No we are not going to the same,...am asking you follow me too on nairaland so its easier getting in touch with you via pm in future thats all.
oh ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:55am On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized: I settled for an Air France return ticket. I hope to be back in Nigeria for the Xmas. I will be putting up with a friend until I can sort out my accommodation issue. That is the address I will be writing on the Landing card. Does that pose a problem?
If am asked at the point of entry should I say it is a temporary arrangement pending when I get mine or just skip the detail and say dat will be my aboard?

I will also appreciate comments and suggestions from anyone with experience flying Air France.

That is perfectly ok, there is nothing wrong in using your friend's address for temporary address, you can use your uni international office/center address as well, both are ok.

I have used air France ones, the experience is a mixed one, missed my connecting flight from Paris to Hong Kong because of delay at heathrow, we were given free hotel accommodation but having to wait for 10hrs before leaving for Hong Kong was the killing part, apart from that they are good.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized:
17th Jan. and u?

I am also going dat same day, but not Air France, BA but nt booked yet oo wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mukykaffe: 11:14am On Jan 05, 2014
Plss does dat mean dat am in D risk of visa refusal if I Go to the embassy for interview without tb test on tuesday?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2014
mukykaffe: Plss does dat mean dat am in D risk of visa refusal if I Go to the embassy for interview without tb test on tuesday?

No risk at all but u might not be allowed to submit your application, except you provide the TB certificate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2014
xteeeee:

I am also going dat same day, but not Air France, BA but nt booked yet oo wink
BA ke? Travel Lufthansa, KLM, Air France, Virgin Atlantic or Egypt Air. They all have generous baggage allowance(2x 23kg). KLM and Air France have a 12kg hand luggage allowance also.
I also noticed a return ticket is cheaper. For example: a one way Air France ticket to Manchester was quoted N287,000 but a return ticket with date of return sometime in December cost me about N199,000.
You can choose not to use the return ticket and forfeit it. Afterall, it saved you N87,000 or like myself use it within the valid period.
The advantage here is that I can always reschedule the return date to suit my itinerary as it is valid for one year with a little penalty (about $120).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
I got my ticket from wakanow and the agent asked if I needed insurance which I kindly declined because the charge(50k +) was way too astronomical.
This is the reason I was asking about Air France's reputation. I won't find it funny if after landing Manchester I'm told one "cock and bull" story how my baggage grew legs o.

Anyone lucky with getting pound sterling from any of our local banks?
Zenithbank said they don't have. Diamond promised Monday. Accessbank was selling 267.60 when Diamondbank told me 263 so I just walked away. Ecobank seem to have the best rate as they told me their rate for Friday is 261 but they did not have.
Even though they are all insisting they can only sell the pound equivalent of $4000(£2400+) it is still scarce or rather they are hoarding.
Please what is the current black market rate?
I may not have the patience to wait anymore if by Monday they are still stalling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized: I got my ticket from wakanow and the agent asked if I needed insurance which I kindly declined because the charge(50k +) was way too astronomical.
This is the reason I was asking about Air France's reputation. I won't find it funny if after landing Manchester I'm told one "cock and bull" story how my baggage grew legs o.

Zenithbank said they don't have. Diamond promised Monday. Accessbank was selling 267.60 when Diamondbank told me 263 so I just walked away. Ecobank seem to have the best rate as they told me their rate for Friday is 261 but they did not have.
Even though they are all insisting they can only sell the pound equivalent of $4000(£2400+) it is still scarce or rather they are hoarding.
I may not have the patience to wait anymore if by Monday they are still stalling.
You could have booked directly @ airfrance website am sure it would have been cheaper I guess, as for the rate someone told me he got @280 to a pound earlier last week black market of course here in calabar.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
guardian09:
You could have booked directly @ airfrance website am sure it would have been cheaper I guess, as for the rate someone told me he got @280 to a pound earlier last week black market of course here in calabar.
It was 15k higher on their website. I can guarantee you here now that wakanow has the best rate across board.
I spoke to each and everyone of the airlines I listed above and compared their rates first hand with those listed on wakanow.
The rates listed on their website CANNOT be matched by the airlines themselves. Infact, I was starting to wonder how they managed it but who am I to complain.

@rate, 280 is way too high. I was offered 275 by one mallam around my zone and my bff told me she was offer 268 in Benin.
Since the rate fluctuates on a daily basis let's wait and see what it will be tommorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
Please I am having a challenge paying online for my application with the diamond bank visa card, is anyone experiencing this challenge too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Guzye: Please I am having a challenge paying online for my application with the diamond bank visa card, is anyone experiencing this challenge too
Please make sure you are using the new diamondbank green visa card. The old one might not work.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized: It was 15k higher on their website. I can guarantee you here now that wakanow has the best rate across board.
I spoke to each and everyone of the airlines I listed above and compared their rates first hand with those listed on wakanow.
The rates listed on their website CANNOT be matched by the airlines themselves. Infact, I was starting to wonder how they managed it but who am I to complain.

@rate, 280 is way too high. I was offered 275 by one mallam around my zone and my bff told me she was offer 268 in Benin.
Since the rate fluctuates on a daily basis let's wait and see what it will be tommorrow.
Thats okay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized: I got my ticket from wakanow and the agent asked if I needed insurance which I kindly declined because the charge(50k +) was way too astronomical.

First and last time I tried changing money at the bank, I was told CBN had banned banks from changing money. Do banks still change money?

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.